main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Story [Star Trek] Delectable Ficlet Assortment! Ongoing Yummies!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Sep 16, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Game Host Who Loves Fanfics & RPGs star 7 VIP - Game Host

Aug 31, 2004
    by WNSA

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun and with love!

Characters: Various, OCs and ECs

AN: Using a selection of some of the MMM Spoonful Prompts. :D Will be in sets of 3-5.

~~~~~!

"Warm"

Audrey hadn't known what to expect when she met Cynara. Would there be a frosty tension? It would not have surprised her if there had been. But surprisingly, they had gotten along more than well. They had things in common as to pastimes and values.

Audrey had long come to terms with her parents' temporary fraught times, and she saw no reason to take any residual resentment out on Cynara, who was as much a "victim" of past choices as she was. All they could do was move on from now.

Cynara's lively sense of humor and warm vivacity made that easy.

++++

"Sweet"

When Nyota was pregnant, her sweet tooth became more ... intense, it was not a matter of switching tastes and preferences. The quantity increased. Afterwards, the quantity tapered and leveled off to a sane degree, but it did not disappear.

She devoured a cream-filled pastry and smiled at her sister: "Any child in there will have a strong preference for Bavarian cream, chocolate, and caramel!"

Kashore laughed. She nibbled since she was not pregnant. "My thing was shellfish. That's why our kids love everything that has shrimp, oysters, scallops!"

+++

"Snuggle"

I hope the kids never grow out of loving to snuggle, Nyota thought, as she watched holofilms with the kids. She knew they would, however, so she treasured every second of the times now!

Her bondmate claimed to be mystified by the whole rationale behind snuggling and cuddling.

It was, Nyota laughingly pointed out, its own reward, especially with him.

"I shall take your word for it." He rejoined, making her laugh all the more.

++++

[face_laugh]

@Mira_Jade [face_batting] :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The Fanfic Manager With The Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Ack! How did I let this go so long without a comment??? I can't believe how I dropped the ball on this one - forgive me. [face_blush] :oops:

These snippets were such a treat so saver! I will never get over the inclusion of Audrey and the family that beings by extension. She's just part of canon to me now. It's sweet to see her bond with her sister here.

Then, I loved the sisters bonding as much as I love the subject! The kids have inherited good taste, it seems. [face_mischief]

The third one took the cake for me, though! I'm such a sucker for my favourite characters cuddling - but especially when its with those who'd otherwise claim to be unmoved! And then the kids! Just too sweet! [face_love]

These were lovely! I can't to see what further sweet treats your muse has to share. [:D]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using "Together & Because"

Pairing: Sarek/T'Mai, my OC

T'Mai did not waste time wondering over the whys of her affinity with Sarek. It was self-evident. His intelligence, compassion, & wry sense of humor were enough to make him a standout among her colleagues and friends. His tact was a skill he had acquired during his career, but it also sprang from his very nature.
    "Amanda must have appreciated your acumen with words." She observed on one occasion, since they were close enough friends that there was a comfort in speaking fondly of Amanda. T'Mai did not feel an irrational sense of competitiveness. She and Amanda were too dissimilar, for one thing.

Sarek gave a noncommittal shrug, and T'Mai felt a ripple of amusement. It was as good as an admission that tact and compromise had been an essential part of their relationship.

No, what made a surge of wonder flow through T'Mai, was the why of Sarek's mutual regard for her, not just as a valued friend and work associate, but more? When had the tide turned. What "reasons" did he give for their being together?

When she posed this question on a whim of curiosity, he had merely remarked: "Our relationship, T'Mai, is its own rationale. You are gentle & considerate, intuitive & intelligent."

His path with her would be as different from his with Amanda's as it was possible to be, but it would be just as fulfilling.

++++

:)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  4. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, you know what a soft spot I have for T'Mai! [face_love] Of course it isn't going to be the same as it was with Amanda, but these two compliment each other in another way and there's peace and healing to be found for both of them moving on. Just beautiful. [face_love]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Feel" & "Believe"

Jim never doubted his feelings for Audrey, even when she was away & he attempted dating. It was more in the way of a backup just in case she never came back, although in his heart of hearts he hoped she would.
    He felt that somehow he had to regain her trust, help her believe in them again.

"Quite the uphill battle." He confided to McCoy who said: "Yes, Jim. But you'll have to convince her that you care, even if you have to "start from scratch."

Jim laughed. "I would hate to miss out on a renewed relationship out of fear of a perhaps/maybe of rejection." He said thoughtfully.

"You have no control over what choice Audrey eventually makes, but you'd never forgive yourself if you let her slip away."

Jim agreed with that wholeheartedly.

When Audrey assented to give them a second chance, he felt so incredibly grateful, because she really did not have to.

He told her this at one point, and she grinned and said: "Jim, I had to take another go at us. It felt right, what I needed to do."

++++

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love]!

Some very mature, thoughtful decisions being made all around here! Yep, it may definitely be an uphill battle to 'start from scratch', as it were, but its a battle worth fighting with such a sweet reward at the end! I love McCoy's insights and counsel, and Audrey's reaction in retrospect! Even with the roundabout road they took, they're right where they were meant to be! [face_love]=D=

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Baffled & Hopeful" Shannon/Demitri OCs on the Excelsior

~~

He had always been solicitous, as a friend, but when she was recovering from a bout with the flu, Demitri was even more so, comming her and regaling her with humorous anecdotes. During away missions, he seemed to keep an especial eye on her status, in a way that seemed to be on the brink of more than professional. What's up with that? Shannon wondered. He wasn't obnoxiously hovering, but still ...

When a chance came to socialize on a welcome shore leave, she said casually that he and Kimiko should take in one of the local museums; both liked that sort of thing, it was not her forte. She was more into live theater.

Demitri gave her a baffled look as if to say You trying to fix me up?

Demitri invited Shannon to meet his family on Crete. She delightedly accepted. That was one location she had always wanted to visit.

During a moonlit stroll along the wine-dark sea, Shannon caught him looking at her. "Your hair is the color of sunsets, you know that?"

She laughed. "And my eyes are the color of emeralds... great skies, Demitri!"

"I'm serious, Shannon."

He was, she realized with a rush and spontaneously kissed him in thanks. It wasn't the "like kissing a cousin" type thing. It actually zinged between them. Wow! Shannon thought, wow!

Demitri could tell she had felt something, as he had. It gave him hope...

~~~!

"Listen & Learn"

Nyota's affinity for music and languages went hand in hand. The lilting sounds of strange syntax and classic melodies flowed with equal ease. The skill with languages was a window into cultures for her. The love of music soothed and uplifted those who were blessed to hear her perfect voice. She used beautiful words to affirm and express her love for family and friends.

+++++++

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww!! I loved the Shannon and Dimitri ficlet. The best relationships are the ones that grow from friendship. I adore her finally understanding the spark between them, and wanting to see if it will go anywhere! And his bemusement when she tried to push him towards Kimiko! Too cute. You know how much I love this crew you've developed. [face_love] [face_love]

Then, that was as fine and lyrical a character study for Nyota as any! I loved the observation about language and music going hand in hand - and what she uses that to express. Just lovely. [face_love]

=D= [:D]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved the three I have read only now. Sarek had to find a new love and Jim and Audrey are a pair

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: The second one is definitely a wannado of mine! LOL [face_mischief]

~~~!
    "Breathe & Exhale" S/U

Whenever he was on an away mission, until he returned, safe and relatively none the worse for the unpredictable, Uhura could breathe again.

She could literally exhale, release the breath she hadn't realized she was holding.

She told her sister in a message one time that it probably wasn't the other way around, at least, (laughing emogie) not overtly.

Out of curiosity, she asked him about this, and he did not deny that he felt more than a qualm on her behalf when they were not on an away team together. "It is fortunate that our Security detail is so exemplary." Was his only comment on the matter, and she beamed.

"Pacific Coast Highway"

Jim liked vintage transportation, but this was going way, way back, before air-cars. He had a red convertible with black racing stripes. It went very, very fast, in under a minute. Skylar loved it, as they zipped along the oceanside.

Audrey loved the sensation of speed as well and the boyish gleam in Jim's hazel eyes.

"Boyish" being the operative word, since her lifemate apparently hadn't outgrown a youth's love of fast and fancy rides!

The lovely vista of the sparkling majestic waves glinting in the sunlight was nothing to miss, either, whether in the midst of a sunny afternoon or on the brink of sunset.

++++

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh! What a sweet pair of drabbles to start the morning off with. :D

First: Yep - I can't say that I blame Nyota for holding her breath! They certainly have a line of work fraught with . . . adventure, shall we say. [face_worried] I loved Spock's very IC way of expressing his own concerns. It's certainly good their security detail is so thorough, indeed. :p

Then: Oh! What a wonderful way to bring things full circle with the opening scene of the reboot films. The classic car and the scenery and the family! I adored the picture you painted with this one - it was so vivid in my mind's eye! [face_love]

These snippets were absolutely wonderful, as always. =D=[face_love][:D]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love those two drabbles. Red-shirts are great to have and a red convertible sure does it for Jim and Audrey

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Inspired by one recent post/entry in "Venting Plasma"

"No One Has Love Greater"

The memorial for Spock Prime was a moving thing, indeed.

Nyota spoke words of fondness: "He was a wonderful mentor and friend. He shared pivotal moments and sacrifices that were made by himself and others in the other timestream. No one has love greater than this that he should surrender his life for his friends. This is true literally and otherwise. We are fortunate that we had reclaimed him from the jaws of voracious Death, as Lazarus was … but now we have lost him for a while. But he is in our memories and hearts, a testament to what is treasured with the love of a son and colleague and friend."

"That was lovely!" Audrey exclaimed, hugging Nyota. "You are eloquent with the spoken, as well as the sung word."

Nyota smiled and hugged her back. "It was easy to speak so." She answered and glanced over to her bondmate. "I am blessed, as is my own Spock to have one another, in such a unique and precious way."

"I bet you find a moment to be grateful for that, every day." Audrey observed knowingly.

Nyota laughed. "I bask unabashedly!"

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, what a beautiful eulogy! That is one of my favourite verses, and such a good source of inspiration - as you well proved here! I loved the warmth of Nyota's regard for Spock Prime, and her own Spock, too! And seeing her friendship with Audrey is, as always, another blessing all its own. [face_love]

=D=

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using Wishful Thinking with Pleasant Surprises and then Ripples

Christine smiled as she bade farewell to the last of her patients. "Having a joint practice was always a choice I wanted to eventually make, and now I find it a pleasant surprise." She commented to Nyota in a letter. "I find the gentle pacing of "family practice" so much more rewarding than the hectic chaos I'd have as chief of a triage unit. You get to know your patients as friends in a family practice."

Nyota smiled as she read Chris' note. Their practice was in a lovely community in Vermont. A more beautiful location it would be hard to find, as it was blessed with all 4 seasons, even though the winter could be quite brutal. Spring and autumn more than made up for that.

**~~~

Jim discovered that command decisions had a definite ripples effect. Some were expected and welcome, others quite unpredictable and disappointing.

But under-running all were the life-long friendships he'd forged. He'd trod the delicate line between respected leader and "buddy" by being firm when needed, approachable and accessible when desired.

And there were those few who were always friends first, like McCoy, Spock, and Nyota; those 3 were resourceful and courageous and unfailing confidantes.

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! I'm happy to see Christine so content in her new practice - there's no more beautiful a place to settle down and just enjoy interacting with her patients!

And I really appreciated the thoughtful, mature introspection on Jim's part in the second drabble. He really has come so far, and he has a fantastic few friends at his back every step of the way. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: I had to add to and incorporate the nummy of a way back from Mira -- "Not all is Sunshine in Space."

Her piece was written in the gorgeous "You" point of view, which I adore.

Summary: Jim and Nyota run afoul of zealots and she acts instinctively and courageously, taking a life to save a life. there are, of course, ramifications. But she is amazing!

~~!

Did You Know You Were My Hero...

Nyota is entertaining with songs after shift one evening when Jim shares a pivotal moment in the Enterprise tour.
    When Jim recalls their 3rd mission, (and when he tells Audrey of it over chocolate mousse cake), he does not stint on the details.

"We ran into a bunch of crazy zealots in a labyrinth." He recounts. "There was a shot and my heart was in my throat because I thought Nyota had been injured, at the very least."

Audrey's eyes widen, enthralled.

"Uhura took down one of the thugs, in an instantaneous fashion. She was completely efficient, as I had come to expect. It rattled her greatly though, understandably."

"I'll just bet." Audrey's eyes are full of empathy for her friend Nyota and gratitude for that swift action.

Jim had given Nyota moral support, resulting in her offhand quip: "Be careful, now. We'll have McCoy grumbling for a month if he has to patch you back together."

Audrey laughs as he repeats this tease of Nyota's.

"She is incredible!" Jim says. "She's all Jedi and Mando all rolled into one."

Audrey grins. "Twi'lek too. Like Hera... like a graceful Twi'lek dancer, giving her soulmate a sweet eyeful."

Nyota comes up to their table at this juncture and hears this. "Don't assume it's all one-sided. I get delightful glimpses during his fencing matches."

Jim tells Nyota what he had been sharing with Audrey, and Nyota's eyes grow dark with the memory. "That was an intense event!" She admits.

Upon their return, she had been helped immeasurably by a soft and gentle meld with her love, who had taken the brunt of the harsher feelings away and left her with a sense of peace that she had done the necessary thing and with a pervasive knowing of how much he admired her.
    This had touched her and soothed her ragged emotions.
    "I'm blessed to have you." She had whispered with ineffable tenderness.

Now, Nyota eyes the last piece of cake. "May I?" She asks and before either of them can accede, she grabs it and takes a big bite. "Mmm!" She sighs. "Delicious! Chocolate is the very best snack there is, a treat for the tongue and the soul!"

Audrey suggests: "I want to hear you sing "Got the World on a String" and "Night and Day."

Nyota's eyes beam. "The best of the best by the inimitable Sinatra. You've got it, Audrey!"

++++

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw!! This one brought back memories something fierce, lemme tell you! That viggie really was quite a long time ago, wasn't it? But I'm still fond of that bunny - just as I appreciate the care and renewed TLC you've given it here now. There was so much honest affection and emotion in this ficlet, between all of the characters! No matter how awful that event may have been in the moment, it's a source of affirmation in retrospect! Nyota has such a beautiful support system - and something to protect that made the tough choice worth it in the end!! [face_love] [:D]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Ribbon in the Sky"

Time: During Ny's Academy Days

Nyota loves the curtain of shimmery lights of varying shades of green, red, pinks, and magentas of the Aurora Borealis and Aurora Australis.

She enthuses about this to her sister when she finds time-lapsed 'stills on the 'net.

During one of her impromptu stop-overs at Spock's office, she describes this fascination.

He is struck by her vivacious enjoyment, and how it lights up her liquid eyes.

He knows the wherewithal of how the colors and shapes of the "Northern" and "Southern" lights arise, and this does nothing to mitigate his own wonder as he gazes at the display Nyota has captured on her datapadd.

When he sees a bracelet of rare stones with similar colors, he thinks of her and buys it, dare one say on a whim?

He presents it to her the next time they meet, in a very casual, offhand way, one friend to another.

Nyota is stirred by the spontaneity and the beauty of the gift. Her smile hugs him where she does not dare to do so.

"Oh, thank you! It's lovely!" She exclaims with unapologetic delight.

He is pleased by her reaction.

The aurora is not merely a ribbon in the sky; nor is this gesture strictly speaking a token of "just friendship."

++++

[face_love]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Only now the time to read this and they are yummy. Love the present Ny is getting. There are stones with that lovely hue (and shells too)

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Soft Epilogue"

Nyota watched her younglings frolic with her parents. First they insisted on playing "starfighter and TIE pilot" and then they begged for fudge - "extra gooey" Jenessa pleaded while Khi'ori added extra caramel sprinkles. Grayson just smothered his fudge slice in vanilla ice cream.

"I see your kids have inherited your sweet tooth." Ny's father teased her. He looked with deep affection at his daughter, whose laughing eyes were full of a profound contentment.

Nyota grinned. "I am completely not sorry!"

"I can believe it." He added with satisfaction, "It brings your mom and me no small amount of pleasure to see you so happy and fulfilled."

Nyota beamed.

She shared this later with her bondmate who looked at her speculatively. "Our family is flourishing I daresay. It is a delicate balance nurturing the children intellectually and emotionally, while pursuing our careers."

Nyota agreed. "Yes. Some few of their age-mates are in troubled families. It's not an easy thing, but you have to prioritize your family. We've done that as a couple and as parents." She winked. "You make it easy, so very easy."

He reached to embrace her, and she snuggled close and sighed happily. "We have definitely achieved a soft epilogue, my darling." She breathed in loving gratitude.

+++

SQUEEEEEEEE!

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And that should be with every family

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using Lost, Then Found

Audrey watched Jim with Valory and Amber. She had often thought if he felt like he'd lost too much giving up a life devoted to the "front lines", where he landed in the midst of grand discoveries and adventures, accidentally on purpose more often than not. But watching him now, with a love so undeniable in his every glance and movement, she felt her heart lift with certainty. No, he had been ready for this latest "adventure"; what they had each found was worth anything they had transitioned away from.

Nyota beamed as she joined Audrey in the doorway of the living room, as Jim handed Amber to her bondmate.

"After 3 younglings, Spock is no longer so … self-conscious, dare I put it that way? around babes, and although I know full well he wouldn't admit it, he finds the whole experience as irresistibly endearing as you, Jim, and I do!"

"In his inimitable way." Audrey quipped.

Nyota's eyes were soft. "Kashore said having younglings is as fun as making them, and she's right, though in a different way. That's why being adoptive parents, as well as natural ones, is so rewarding for her & Dajan."

"Yes, we found that with Skylar." Audrey agreed.

"Having younglings is a definite shift for me." Jim confided. "A different mind-set, completely different from command decisions and putting in motion choices and actions that have far-reaching, unknown consequences, frequently for entire worlds. Somehow, I think the personal level is more intimidating."

"It can be daunting, grappling with all of the what-ifs of parenthood. As so often occurs, the vast majority of those never materialize, and the rewards outweigh all the anxieties."

"So true! And then having grandparents to fuss over your babies is a true treat!" Jim laughed good-naturedly.

Spock reflected that it had been true in his and Nyota's case, as well. Nyota's parents had been unabashedly exuberant over each new arrival, and the affection had simply grown from that point.
    Even Sarek had been quietly, unapologetically jubilant, with undertones of soft wistful gratitude. Now, with T'Mai added to the family mix, it was a jumble and tumble, as Nyota would call it, of tangled emotions, longing for Amanda to know her grandlings, but pleased that T'Mai could have the unique experience.

"It's okay to wish for one while celebrating the other." Nyota had assured. She was very adept at doing such things, unraveling the unsaid and touching the heart of the situation with compassion and understanding. Part of that was her training in the verbal and nonverbals of language, the rest, the large balance of it, was her innate nature.

Nyota & Audrey moved into the room, as Nyota caught the tenor of Spock's thoughts and reflections. "Thinking of me, I suppose?" She whispered with glowing eyes.

"Now, whyever would you think that?" He rejoined, handing Amber To Audrey in order to slide an arm around Nyota's shoulders.

"Oh, I don't know …" She laughed, "Just a hunch."

He kissed her gently, and she sighed into it with pleasure.

Jim and Audrey watched them with unfeigned delight.

"It looks like none of us have lost a thing but have actually found an abundance." Jim commented to Audrey, with a knowing wink.

"I know that's right." She answered happily.

++++

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    A lovely use of the prompt. Families and children and loved by grandparents

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! These have been lovely, heartwarming responses to the new prompts. [face_love]

Ribbon In the Sky: The aurora is not merely a ribbon in the sky; nor is this gesture strictly speaking a token of "just friendship."

Aw!! That was such a lovely line to tie this ficlet together. So much was unspoken here, true, but managed to speak volumes regardless. [face_love]

Soft Epilogue: Oh! That is indeed the softest of epilogues, and just what these dear characters deserve. Beautiful! [face_love]

Lost, then Found: They certainly have family in abundance, in a beautiful way! This was a wonderful reflection on family, in all its different shapes and sizes. I can't tell you what a smile I had on my face while reading this. It was just what the soul needed today. [face_love]

Wonderful work, as always, my friend! :D =D= [:D]