main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Easier than Hoped (Jim/Audrey)- Mini Games One-Shot

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 18, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Disclaimer: These characters are not mine but I love them like they were.

This is a response to a mini games challenge of a first line/last line.

Mine was #5.
    Thanks @Mira_Jade for this fun and inspiring challenge!

~

"I can explain my behavior," Jim said to Audrey, whose tawny eyes were fierce and unyielding.

The reason for her stony gaze was simple enough.

While Audrey was away on leave, Jim started to speculatively test the waters with attractive crew members, not wanting to "hold my breath" on the offchance Audrey returned. Things could change. Her feelings could dissipate for one thing. Her career could take a right-turn for another.

He wasn't half-hearted in the attempt; he was never that about anything he pursued.

But still and all... his feelings for Audrey had persisted.

Much to the irritation and frustration of their mutual friends, frankly.

"You cannot expect her to waltz back in here after hearing of your flirtations and testing the waters and pick up where things left off with never a blink?" McCoy demanded.

"I understand how you could or would want to 'be on the safe side', hedge your bets, but she's not going to like it, not one bit! She's going to think that you thought it was too easy to just move on." Nyota warned.

Thankfully, Spock did not offer an opinion.

Jim wholeheartedly agreed with both Leo's and Nyota's predictions of Audrey's reactions.

He wouldn't blame her one bit if she, as the old Terran saying went, kicked him to the curb.

So, being smoothly eloquent, as adversaries and friends alike knew him to be, he told her everything. Which included that the 'experiment' had not succeeded.

Audrey's lips twitched. "So, it didn't go out with a bang?"

"More like a soft whisper," he said.

There was a lengthy pause.

"I guess the only reasonable thing would be to see if we could be able to resume things. It helps that I believe you, and that it'll take a lot to convince me it won't work. But I'll tell you right now, if I ever have to leave in the future, don't do any such thing again!"

"Don't worry, 'Rey," Jim said earnestly, "I won't."

She smiled, and to his relief, it reached her eyes.

"So, I'm heading to the rec lounge," Jim said, "Coming?"

"Maybe."

Jim nodded. Maybe he should send her a bouquet of lavender roses and her favorite apple crisps to help continue to soothe the waters. He headed to the 'lift, when her half-teasing voice caught him up.

"Hang on a minute. I'll come with you."

He grinned as footsteps followed behind, determined to catch up.
    +++
    end

[face_love]

Mira_Jade likes this.
  2. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Aw, cute and well reasoned, emotionally, as Jim determines to explore all there is out there - and returns to home base.[face_love]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    glad he returned to Audrey after his explorations. That's what I like about the new Jim