main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Trek: Enterprise, anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by SilSolo, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm just wondering, did anybody else here watch Enterprise? The first two seasons were some of the best stuff I've ever seen on TV. *sigh* It's such a shame that everything plummeted down to the depths of a black hole with S3.

2. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    It was an incredible series that I thought was going to go the distance, but unfortunately the producers were not really interested in making the show last.

I loved the characters and the relationships that were created between them. While some things felt forced plot and story wise, there wasn't much choice since it had to fit into the timeline that was established with the "later" series. The special effects were first rate and the makeup was nearly flawless.

Unfortunately, Paramount always makes their DVD collections way too expensive and I will not likely find myself with the seasons in my DVD racks.

3. redsabreanakin

redsabreanakin Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Good show I thought. (despite the awful opening theme). I don't think people gave it a chance, I think the ST franchise just kinda ran out..because I don't see how people gave Voyager a shot...but not Enterprise. Enterprise had some great potential. the begining of the Federation as opposed to being lost in some quadrant trying to get home.

4. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    The first two seasons meandered along like Voyager did but the 3rd and 4th season really picked the show up.

My only dissapointment was the Tmeporal War as it was an interesting concept never delivered properly.

5. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I love the theme song! It's inspiring. I hate the last two seasons because I really cannot stand Trip Tucker.

6. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    I like the first and third years. Some of the fourth, but by the end it was a badly written show written by some Trek nerds who had to put TOS refrences into every episode.

7. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I liked the theme song as they had it for the first season, but they changed it for the last two seasons and it just wasn't as enjoyable to me.

Trip was ok, but I really liked Archer, T'Pol, Phlox, and Malcolm. I wished they'd put more focus on Travis, he seemed like a great character, just not fully explored and "fleshed out".

8. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Ill-conceived from day one unfortunately. The Xindi season plot in Season 3 was watchable. The arcs in Season 4 weren't bad. Season 2 was unwatchable as was some of Season 1.

Don't get me started on the Series Finale. I like Riker and Troi but

9. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Season 1 and 2 are barely watchable, 3 is watchable, 4 is definitly then most of Voyager. The final episode is the worst episode ever created.

10. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I disagree because that's the episode where I finally got my death wish for Trip after all of those years. I like him about as much as I do Danni, if not less. HOwever, I'll say that the camping trip on Vulcan was really good.

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    i wasn't really into this one like I was with Star Trek: The Next Generation

12. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The first two seasons were really 'meh', but seasons 3 and 4 were much better. They both had some of the best ST episodes (Azati Prime from Season 3 andthe Alternate Universe episode from Season 4). And I actually liked Trip.

13. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Well, I don't want to start a shipper war with the thread, so I'll admit that there's occasions when I'm okay with Trip, but only when he's with either an Orion woman or that monarch from the first season. Those were two of the best episodes next to all of my Vulcan ones and Twilight.

14. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    The alternate universe in In a Mirror, Darkly was great. I wish they would've continued it. I want to know if Hoshi took Earth. :p That and the Soong arc were the highlights of Season 4.

15. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I saw the first season...I thought it was okay...I mean, all they did was chat with aliens...no sweet alternate realities, anomalies and the stuff that made TNG and VOY worth watching for me...I thought Capt. Archer was a bit of an @$$ towards T'Pol. It was fun seeing the early stages and prototypes of Transporters, phasers, tractor beams, holodecks, warp drive, and the UT...the stuff we take for granted in the other series.

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I happen to really like Archer, especially as he adjusted to having a Vulcan around.

17. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I think the show was highly underrated and got a bad rap, especially when it came to canon. I loved Porthos and thought him better than Picard's fish.

Also, he MACOs owned! Put them in DS9 and the Dominion would've been defeated in a week.

The NX-01 made sense to me as a ship design for Earth's first deep-space exploration vessel. A saucer with nacelles attached with bracing. How simpler can you get?

And season 4 rocked.

18. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh yeah the ship's definitely cool and I like Porthos, too. Let's see here, I like Enterprise because:

For the most part, T'Pol and Hoshi are super-cool heroines.

Who doesn't like a doctor who eats parasites to lose weight?

P'Jem Monastery=Vulcan/Andorian Extraordinaire

Shran=I don't need to say more

Ends in my least favorite character's death

Nice bits of time travel

VULCANS ROCK!

19. JamesBatista

JamesBatista Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2005
    I've only watched a couple of episodes. They were both from Season 4 and it was a Klingon-related arc.

All I can say is... Doc Phlox is one of the coolest fictional characters I've ever seen.

20. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Oh yeah. Ya can't beat eating parasites to lose weight.

21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I actually really liked this show and it's concept at first. The characters were good and the ship was first rate. Then the low ratings put Paramount in panic mode and every other episode was an excuse to get T'Pol Nekkid, or in some form of undress to the point where it was embarrassing. As if it were written by the stereotypical ST geek living in his parent's basement. :(

22. Grillbu_Fett

Grillbu_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2005
    Maybe I'll have to take some blows, but I have to say that Enterprise fell far beyond my expectations.

You know, I used to be a great Trekkie, I have seen every episode of all series and will watch all episodes of Enterprise when they are aired on German TV, but as an experienced Trekkie I have to say that this latest installment of Star Trek is far from being a blockbuster in my opinion.

I have to admit that the sceneries and effects are very well done, but the stories and development of characters is terrible. Maybe I'm in too deep into the other Star Trek episodes, but all Enterprise episodes I have seen yet are unidimensional and driven by action and violence except one. In the first season, I thought the only purpose of the NX-01 was to let its Captain be captured and thrash with other species. My only favourite episode is "Dear Doctor", where we have a short return to classic Star Trek storytelling, everything else is mindless space fight and awkward pubertal pseudo eroticism.

The Temporal Cold War was an interesting idea, but it was overused. I'd have liked to see even more relations to the "later" Star Trek series, but that lengthening of a single plot over several episodes in season 3 and 4 gets on my nerves. I'd have loved to see more development in the relationships between the characters, more about other ships of the Starfleet and how Earth became a major player in the upcoming Federation of Planets, but these hopes were for nothing. You know how I feel about Enterprise? I have seen a whole episode, but in comparison to all other Star Trek Series, it only feels like 25 minutes.[face_frustrated]

23. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    I don't understand the lack of love for Tripp. He was by far the most developed and the most human out of all the characters. Connor Trineer did a great job, especially in the Mars two-parter. It's just a shame that he was killed off in the cheapest way in the finale.

I think the first two seasons were alright, the third season was better and the fourth season was great. Despite its flaws (excessive T'Pol nudity and weak FX are the main ones), I think Enterprise as a whole was far better than Voyager ever was.

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I hate Trip because he was so annoying and cheered when he was finally killed. I felt that all of the Trip/T'Pol was nothing short of cheesy to the max.

25. Grillbu_Fett

Grillbu_Fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2005
    IMO, all characters from Enterprise are cheesy. The producers and writers never managed to arrange an interesting character development, no, a character development at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.