main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Great Time Had By All NSW Fic-gift ~Mira_Jade~

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 15, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: "Great Time Had by All"

By: WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Characters: Ensemble Crew/Cast

Timeframe: 14 months into the initial tour

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun & with affection!

Note: For the 13th Annual Fic-Gift Exchange;

Recipient: @Mira_Jade @};-
    Desired elements were for the following:
    Star Trek
    * A diplomatic black tie event or some official Starfleet function where they're all done up in dress uniforms.
    * Early in their five year mission and the crew supporting each other through the difficulties of hobnobbing with the elite.

Happy reading! [:D]

-------

"The Ozani just signed an important sector treaty and because we helped, we're part of this gala, so I suppose it'd be tactless to decline?" Jim wondered aloud. "Not one of the perks of command, let me tell you."

"Why are you complaining?" McCoy retorted. "You actually look good in dress uniform. I however look like a stuffed sausage."

Jim laughed. "Let's go for the minimally polite interval of time and then make excuses and disappear."

"You think Audrey will stand for that?" McCoy asked.

Jim scowled. "I like the idea of going with Audrey but I do not like the thought of having to listen to a lot of hot-air politicians any more than I had to during the meetings to finalize the treaty details!"

Nyota was wearing a mauve gown with a deeper purple shade around the bodice in a rosette pattern.

"I've been looking forward to wearing this," she remarked, "I was instantly drawn to the color and the pattern."

Spock's gaze drank her in avidly. "It is definitely striking on you," he commented in genuine approval.

Her eyes glowed with happy gratitude. "Thank you, my own sweet heart. Coming from you that's high praise." Her laugh was tenderly affectionate.

Hikaru found Yolette outside his door. He smiled in welcome.

He thought she was lovely in any context whether in the hydroponics gardens tending flowers or busily at work tweaking the inner workings of the Engineering console. He had had little opportunity to see her decked out. He was definitely impressed; Yolette looked superb in dove gray with silver piping along the hem and sleeves.

"You look exquisite," he told her.

She flashed a smile. "You look quite super yourself."

"Shall we go?" he asked with a twinkle.

She grinned. "Lead on."

Christine looked elegant in a teal dress with ivory highlights. McCoy grinned in genuine appreciation as he surveyed her. "Chris, why do women always look so good when they fancy up for one of these things, while us guys ... not so much?"

"Don't sell yourself short, Leo. You look fine."

McCoy smiled in thanks. "Now that Jim's going with Audrey, I guess you're going 'stag' like me. What say we pair off, strictly speaking as friends? Keep the obnoxious flirts at bay, at the very least."

Christine gave a sigh of relief. "Oh, Leo, thanks for the offer! I was dreading the alternative."

They enjoyed sharing the evening with one another, as they bantered and shared snarky observations about the long-winded pre-dinner speeches. At least the food and music were excellent, Leo thought.

Nyota held her own splendidly, as no one would doubt who knew her. She conversed knowledgeably on a wide range of subjects, and her melodious laugh rippled easily.

Yolette and Hikaru and Spock and Nyota took to the dance floor more than once when a slow tempoed dance melody played. The rest of the guests looked on as those very attractive couples twirled and swayed to the music, lost in one another's eyes.

"Let's join them, Jim," Audrey insisted.

"Okay, sure," he agreed, taking her hand, "I promise not to smash your toes too often." He teased and they laughed.

"You dance superbly, despite what you claim," Audrey said warmly as they exited the dance floor.

Jim squeezed her hand, thinking she looked exquisite in a rose-colored satin sheath with a lace wrap to go on top.

Jim remarked, "I wish all such occasions could be so enjoyable; they've invited us to come on our next shore leave."

"Nice!" Audrey said, "They have some very nice Fiji-style beaches I've heard."

"We'll have to take them up on that offer," Jim agreed. "A more than adequate return for our hard work."

It was a most satisfying conclusion to what had started out to be a thorny diplomatic tangle, which they had handled with a brilliant combination of ingenuity and teamwork. That mix was something that would come to define the Enterprise crew in missions to come.

end

+++

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    GAH!!!

To begin, you have to know what a smile this put on my face! Thank-you so much, my friend, for this sweet, wonderfully happy vignette. It really was everything that I wanted when I thought up the request. Not that's any sort of surprising, of course! :p [:D]

Then, in particular . . .

Right off the bat, the banter and the bromance was just oh so spot on. McCoy can say what he wants, but Karl Urban is a looker himself when all done up. He need not worry. :p

And I love that Kirk has a lady to dress up for - more so than usual, of course ;) - though he may not admit it yet. It was a treat to see him and Audrey at that wonderful 'will they/won't they' stage of their relationship. [face_love]

[face_love]!!!

I think that Nyota isn't the only one drawn to the color and pattern. :p She has excellent taste! As does Spock. [face_mischief] [face_love]

And, that said, all of the costume details were beyond lovely in this piece. =D=

Aw! [face_love] Another dynamic duo, in every way.

All of the glimpses of the gala itself had me smiling, but this right here is what got me at the end. That mix is definitely what defines the Enterprise, and what I enjoyed most about this vignette.

Thank-you for sharing! I enjoyed every smile-inducing word. [face_love]

[:D] =D=

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    :D Thank you so much. I loved the various pairings and being able to focus on them as well as the burgeoning cohesion of the crew.

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely gift and fun with the dress uniforms and banter