main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek: Letters Showing How We Really Feel. OTP Letters Challenge.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 2, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: For the OTP Love Letters Challenge where each person in the couple can write to the other or write to someone else about their relationship. The letter/message can be sent or not.

First part has Nyota writing her sister.
    ~
    Hi, Kashore,

I loved being with you and Dajan and the kids the last trip home. Swimming with the dolphins off of Oahu was amazing!

I remember doing that very thing with Spock the last time he and I rented a bungalow on the beach. He was bemused by my enthusiasm, but I could tell he enjoyed my joy. That's one of the things I always loved about him. My pleasure gave him pleasure in turn. I've never known anyone quite as open-hearted, strange as that may sound, an oxymoron almost. But it isn't, and that is what made me love him all the more!

I know ... it must baffle you that I can speak of him so wistfully, without a bit of resentment. I don't hold any, although at first after he left, my heart was shattered.

If our paths crossed, unlikely as that seems, I would be genuinely glad to see him again and would not feel a bit of coolness.

What or how would I think of him in that particular context? A friend? A former love? A current or future wished-for love interest? That's something I cannot answer, frankly. Part of me feels I've moved on, but another part ... wonders?

Well, enough introspection for one letter! Hug the kids and Dajan for me. My shift is about to begin.

With Deepest Love, Nyota

++
    tbc

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    A great letter expressing her feelings for Spock (not away forever I hope) and her family

3. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice. It makes me want to watch the old series to see if there were any indications that they had a past relationship. Was there something in the older movies that hinted of anything? Or did JJ Abrams just pull that out of his...hat?

I like reading about her and her feelings about a certain Vulcan.

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, nice approach to have the first letter be to someone else, but about the relationship! And really, Nyota couldn't have chosen a better way to try to make sense of her feelings for Spock. One can see from the way she describes it was hard for her to say goodbye to him, and that there might have been some tension or awkwardness in their separation, too. So it's pretty amazing that she feels no resentment ultimately—which definitely is a good sign! Now, I wonder if her next letter to Kashore will be about her reunion with Spock... or even from him or to him! :D [face_love] Great work with these two as usual, and looking forward to more! =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    JL and Findswoman [:D] So nice to have you stop in for a read. The next letter will definitely be between him and her. [face_love]

Findswoman likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Spock's letter to Nyota...

Nyota:

It is an irrational thing to do... write to you a letter I in all likelihood will not send, or if I did, should not expect you to receive well.

This is not because I have something unpleasant to convey, quite the contrary.

I chose a path apart from you for noble ends, and although I tell myself it was worth the sacrifice, and in many ways, in the abstract it may be, for myself, I am not certain nor so sanguine.

Bringing you pain was the last thing I wished to do, and I never wanted to give you the impression you were of little consequence to me.

I would also be less than honest if I made the claim that I do not think of you often and for no apparent purpose save to wonder how you would react to a given situation or laugh and roll your eyes at a particular 'lame' joke.

It appears that in many ways, your fascination for me still holds.

Spock

~*~*

Now...

When doing a data sweep, they each found a copy of these letters. Hers was by way of a keepsake, his in the unsent archive.

Now that they were reconciled, they found it warmly poignant to share these messages with one another.

"It appears we continued to feel something undeniable even when apart, my darling." Nyota remarked.

"I cannot deny that, nor do I desire to," he answered, kissing her with tenderness.

++
    End
    [face_love]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Expressing great love and wanting to be never apart. Great letters

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh, what a beautiful letter—and so very him! And I love that it ended up being unsent, too, so that they could share these with each other as part of sharing their feelings with each other—and that turned out to be the best possible time! [face_love] Thanks so much for sharing, and a really big thank you for coming up with this wonderful challenge to begin with! =D=

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    My exquisite pleasure on both counts!! And thank you for being a super duper hostess for these challenges! :cool:

Findswoman likes this.