main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek: Medbay mayhem (prompt challenge)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 12, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Totally classic but with an added extra touch. :D A gorgeous, gorgeous touch. SQUEEEEEEEEE!

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    and following on your post with more sweet things in

Hand in hand

‘Hand in hand’ Nick gleamed with laughter when he had his grey haired head around the doorpost of recovery room.
    Nyota was doing the impossible. She was sitting next to her bondmate, holding one of his hands and keeping with the other hand the datapad stable for him to do the things that couldn’t wait. She was keeping grumpy old country doctor McCoy satisfied and refraining from comments.
    Barely.
    Nick saw McCoy fidgetting and trying to get a look at what the datapad was revealing. It was work. He took the few steps to come next to McCoy and heard the whispered muttering.

“The pointy eared hogoblin doesn’t know what relaxation is.”

“He does,” Nick whispered back. “Nyota knows her ways. Look at his relaxed…”

And what more Nick wanted to say was interrupted by a soft vibration against his side, McCoy grabbing his hand and rushing away, hand in hand.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    [face_rofl] Falling from an office chair with laughter hurts.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful! =D= =D= Nyota knows how to put Spock in all kinds of moods. Yeah. [face_mischief]

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Now THIS was a great use of the prompt. A wonderful blend of heart and humor. [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_love] And the Yoda-speech!! I found so much enjoyment in that. [face_love]

And:

“I will stay here but only with you.”

[face_laugh][face_love] The perfect cap to the ficlet! =D=

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Healers Adin and Maerhin you need?
    She does and will have to in the next viggie
    More coming it is

And continuing the story with the next prompt

Devour

“WOW, looks like the maw it does,” Nick had turned the viewscreen his way and saw McCoy beginning to smile. Spock was at it again, beginning with work as soon as Uhura had left the recovery room. “Devour everything it will. Sith-spawn will be nothing. Abeloth will…”

“Doctor Roberts. I know about your obsession with the Galaxy far far away. It is simply stated illogical…”

“Illogical! With you it’s always logical this and logical that,” McCoy interrupted. “I too love Luke and Mara, their adventures and the interesting aliens.”

“Doctor McCoy. Doctor Roberts is going to the extreme. He is even talking weird.”

“Yoda talk it is, mister Yoda-ears. Back in your bed you have to. Uh Mara is coming.”

“Ah yes and she is as lovely as…”

“Making things difficult my pookie bear?”

“Uh.”

“The farm-boy is saved by Mara,” McCoy laughed.

“Not needed anymore we are master McCoy.”

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! out. Loud. That is all. Nyoo'sha to the rescue again. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] That was THE BEST. Really, there is nothing more to say! =D=

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And a follow up on Ny's nummy sweets with the next one

Bottled Up
    “I had the pookie bear bottled up in medbay with his beloved Mara until Christine wetted my appetite for Dutch apple pie,” Nick shrugged with his shoulders, defeat showing on his face.

“He will be alright,” McCoy said giving a mischievous wink with his left eye “and if not…”

“Ideas Len?” Nick’s face lighted up when he saw his superior activating a viewscreen and typing in some commands. He watched for some time and a big grin followed by “that will teach him to never underestimate Darth Vader’s revenge.”

“Idea you gave me Yoda,” McCoy laughed. “MRE it is for the next few days for him and her.”

“MRE as in meals ready to eat,” Nick shook his head. “The farmboy will love those. Those X-wing pilots – our hero Jedi Luke included – had nothing else.”

“I agree but farmboy’s great love Mara will think twice next time to concoct a conspiracy with Christine.” McCoy deftly put in the last command

“If she dares to come to her,” Nick was now all smiles. “Never underestimate a Sith Master.”

McCoy voiced it “My apprentice Chapel is shown to sign for the MRE’s.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    For that, they both deserve to be jammed up with Mind Witches... :eek: Like what woman is gonna believe he thought that was her? "Really?" Let the pranking wars commence! [face_rofl]

11. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Now that was just a great bit of fun! [face_laugh] As always, loving the pranks and the cross-fandom references. :p =D=

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I fear Luke will never get rid of this farm boy image here! ;)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    To me, Jim is more like Luke ;) blended with Han [face_rofl] and Spock is like Thrawn as ... brought to incomparable marvelous edibility by Chyntuck [face_love] :) [face_sigh]

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sure
    More fun with the next prompt
    No
    And he sends them on R and R to Hoth

Snowfall

“It isn’t Hoth but very close.” Nick was smiling. ‘Captain’s orders’ was what he needed to unwind after weeks of emergencies resulting from harrowing missions. This was looking like something from a trip when he was young and visiting a relative in Alaska. “Even Han and Leia would have loved it.”

“Christine sure would have loved it,” McCoy grinned when he stepped out of the shuttle that had taken him to the starbase and walked the couple of meters that had him near the edge of the landing-platform.

“What loved?” Nick had a mischievous smile on his face. “Ah I see. Chris is in NY Bellevue and too busy to look outside to see the snowfall there.”

“Yeah busy and busy and we were ordered by Jim to get unbusy,” McCoy hopped down from the edge and landed in the soft snow. “And unbusy is for me this.”

Nick knew when he saw the snowball made by McCoy and ducked shouting “get him!”

A soft sputtering ending the beginning of ‘this is not logic…’ had Nick jumping in the snow and making a snowball and giving it a mighty swing.

Spock was able to avoid that snowball.

“Get him here Nyota,” McCoy laughed.

“Here,” Nick – busy with getting hands full of snow – had time to appreciate the fur-lined parka enhancing the beauty of Nyota’s smiling face. “We will teach you what white-washing is. It is done this way.” And he turned and spurted towards McCoy and had his hands and snow on McCoy’s face before his superior could utter a protest.

“Help me,” McCoy grabbed Nick’s hands.

And the two doctors tumbled laughing in the snow, soon joined by Nyota and Spock.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, how wonderful!!! Now i'll have to follow this up with hot chocolate and warming up fun in "Sweets." [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_love] I was hoping to see an all out brawl in the snow from this prompt, and this definitely did not disappoint with its fun and spirit! An excellent piece, as always. :D =D=

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    And the two doctors tumbled laughing in the snow, soon joined by Nyota and Spock.

That is worth a painting, don´t you think?

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! SQUEE! [face_batting] =P~

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And that was fun too
    Thank you
    It was in
    http://boards.theforce.net/threads/inspired-by-a-painting-mods-picture-challenge.50027320/]inspired[/url] by a painting

And the next prompt has me following that story with this

Consolation

“Your painting is beautiful,” McCoy put his face in his dirty, paint streaked hands and produced even more paint on his cheeks and chin. “Spock with his devastating comments…”

“Your painting is nice,” Nick soothed. “Spock made it into a contest. Uhura joined and didn’t do that bad either. And you know…”

“He didn’t choose his ashal-veh’s painting but had you as the winner. He commented on my looks.”

“Spock was only trying to be fu…” Nick was suppressing a chuckle. McCoy did look funny with all the paint smeared everywhere.

“Trying? The pointy eared replica-droid was having his hilarious fun with me,” McCoy stroked with his left hand through his tousled hair. More stroking followed and a glob of yellow paint was extricated from the hair. “I should have buried him in the snow after the fight. That would have taught him a lesson, shivering like a tauntaun who has been out in the cold for too long. Or like a Bantha in a sandstorm. Or…”

“Yes?” Nick got a mischievous smile on his face. His words of consolation began to sink in.

“I know a challenge for Spock,” McCoy put his hands on the table. “Next time when we return to San Francisco we take him on a trip.”

“Where?”

“You have been there. I have seen your record before you joined starfleet. You finished and joined team 3 and met Lionel Majeski again and that got you on your next path after two tours of duty.”

“I have and still remember that week,” Nick had an involuntary shiver passing his face. “And yes I know some guys…”

“To get Spock cold, wet and sandy,” McCoy began to laugh. “He will love that challenge, getting cold, wet and sandy.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh how funny! =D= Now that HRD comment has me thinking of I-Five and his reaction to Magash and :oops: Yes, the quintessential test of how to tell an HRD from a sentient straight dude. Put him in a room with a gorgeous woman and you get not just a physical reaction but an emotional one as well. [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha haa! I love the banter and team-dynamics of this one. Especially with Spock's 'straight laced' way of joking with McCoy. It looks like he has quite the reply up his sleeve, though! [face_laugh]:p

22. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The team dynamics is brilliant and makes me laugh out a lot here! :D

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He has
    more fun in the next one

Better safe than sorry
    Spock was cold, wet and sandy and he glared daggers at the trio observing him from the top of the dune.
    Of course he had taken the challenge to go with Nick Roberts to San Diego when McCoy asked him.
    Kirk had those looks on his face when he urged him to take up the challenge. He shouldn’t have listened to Jim.
    And Nyota? She had giggled very sweet and convincing and had whispered ‘you will beat Roberts and I will be there to congratulate you’

Yes she was there again giggling with Jim and McCoy looking down from her high perch on that sandy dune.
    There was nothing to congratulate him.

Roberts had beaten him. He was there with his boat-crew next to the inflatable boat sitting in the sand. Wet and sandy too but he and his crew were winners.

Spock not. He had flatly refused to take the rubber mayhem through the surf, telling the instructor that he was better safe than sorry. He shouldn’t have said a word. Another trainee had taken his place and had led the boat to sea and back. Spock paid for his refusal. Protests led to a run through the surf, up the dune, past the smiling trio and tumbling down the dune until he was looking like a sugar cookie. Or as Nick grinned when he came down quite near him and his crew a Tusken raider on a Bantha in a sandstorm on Tatooine. Wherever that place was he didn’t know but he surmised that it had something to do with Nick’s – and McCoy’s – fascination for a certain galaxy far far away.

“Mara … have lov… that.”

“Getting … Luke between the …?”

“You … get … fortable.”

“No way”

Words were reaching his sharp ears. Only words and Spock strained to listen.
    The trio was discussing something.
    Spock began to smile. Through the bond with his ashal-veh he knew. She would make him comfortable. She wouldn’t mind the sand. A hot shower and bath would take care of that.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    *purrs* Wonderful mental image you gave me bright and early. LOL [face_mischief]

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Spock was cold, wet and sandy and he glared daggers at the trio observing him from the top of the dune.

Why do I have an annoyed Anakin in mind now, complaining about sand. ;)