main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek: Medbay mayhem (prompt challenge)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 12, 2014.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    This update makes me morn the fact that I ate up all the chocolate in this house! :_|

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You did a wonderful job weaving this prompt together with the last. It's interesting to see how our memories are connected for us, from the good to the bad.

And the milk chocolate with the nuts - and caramel for me, too - you do not get any better than that, I agree! ;)

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    More fun with the next prompt

Shall we dance

The skies are green and glowing where my heart is.
    Where the scented lunar flower is blooming somewhere, beyond the stars.
    Beyond Antares
    I'll be back, though it takes forever
    Forever is just a day.
    Forever is just another journey
    Tomorrow a stop along the way
    And let the years go fading
    Where my heart is
    Where...my love eternally is waiting
    Somewhere, beyond the stars
    Beyond Antares

“Did you hear that,” Nick Roberts edged closer to Cole Benson to keep the ones in the recreation room under his observation unaware of his intentions. He had been planning this with Cole for some time after a scrub-room fight gone wrong for Cole and him. McCoy had been too well equipped with items provided by Christine and her nurses and had cornered the two in a single changing cubicle making sure that the two were soaking wet.

“Yes,” Cole whispered with a delightful glee on his face when he grabbed the second item held in Nick’s left hand. “McCoy is totally relaxing after asking Christine ‘shall we dance’ when Spock began to play on that instrument of ear-torture.”

“An apt way to describe that,” Nick made sure that his squeeze-bottle was pointed in the right way. “But Uhura singing makes the noise bearable and them now just in the right path.”

“Beyond Antares”

“Go Cole,” Nick shouted when the last words wavered in the air and the strings of the Vulcan harp reached their crescendo.

Ziiiinnnng ziiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnng.

“Beyond Antares”

Swwwt, swwwwwwwwwwt.

“Guys,” Christine shrieked.

“Doctor Roberts, doctor Benson,” McCoy sputtered when he was doused by the water squirting from the squeeze-bottles.

“You had it coming,” Cole squeezed his bottle again but a waving arm from Christine had bottle and arm directed at another and…

Ziiiiinnn.

A harp stopped abruptly.

“It is illogical…”

“It is,” Cole doubled over with laughter when he saw the dripping bangs of Spock.

“And stops the noise,” Nick added with a big smile.

“Come my love and let those children play,” Uhura whispered. “Antaris is that way.”

“That way,” Christine – giving a wink with her left eye towards the laughing Cole – strode to the exit of the recreation room after Spock and Uhura. “Revenge is sweet when we reach Antaris.”

“What’s with Antaris,” Nick enquired.

“Revenge and love,” McCoy shook his dripping hair, spraying water all over Nick and Cole and hurried to catch up with Christine leaving the two conspirators guessing what his revenge would be.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] love the pranking. And yumsy use of dancing. Now when I think of the voice of Uhura, I think of another gorgeous soprano, Lara Fabian singing For Always. That song is so theirs. [face_love]

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] As always, the camaraderie and banter in this one was just a treat to read! [face_love]

=D=

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You always put me in a difficult position when you come up with a poem. So, to be on the safe side: I like both. The actual text and the poet that you have woven into it. ;)

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The next prompt has me with a sequel
    It was sung by Uhura in the series

Two reflections into one

“They are so alike,” Jana John halted near the door of the recreation-room.

Jenna asked “who?”

“Jeran and Nick of course,” Jana pointed at the slightly wet floor, result of the last water-fight between the males.

“I know Nick pairing up with my husband to make McCoy’s life interesting after he had them totally wet but I have never met Jeran.”

“Jeran was your husband’s predecessor and he had to leave the Enterprise after the Panusconi disaster. He resigned from Starfleet and returned with his friend Ker Djarada to his home on Aldebaran five. He was known for his intense scrub-room fights.” Jana began to tell more and laughter was rippling through the corridor when she began to walk to her cabin with Jenna.

= = =

“They are so alike,” Christine put her mug down after taking a delicious sip from the hot chocolate-milk.

McCoy asked “who?”

“Jeran and Nick of course,” Christine began to laugh. “I can still see the delighted looks on your face after your first meeting with Jeran’s wetted sponges and helium filled rubber gloves.”

“Hmmm,” McCoy got a mischievous look in his twinkling eyes. “Now I know my revenge after the squeeze-bottle mayhem. “Cole and Nick beware” and he began to tell more.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Hmmm,” McCoy got a mischievous look in his twinkling eyes. “Now I know my revenge after the squeeze-bottle mayhem. “Cole and Nick beware” and he began to tell more.

A scary cliff hanger! :p

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, the similarities are there indeed between Jeran and Nick [face_mischief] and obvious to their friends and "victims" :p

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    They do have much in common, it is true. In the best of ways. [face_love]:p

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and they have to beware
    And McCoy has the answer

What's in a name
    McCoy had seen it during the last stop at a large starbase near Antares. He didn’t know what it was called but he had searched the internet for ‘water and fun’ and had found the perfect means for revenge on the last water-soak by Cole and Nick. He had – with help from Scotty and his department – made one.

Scotty had called the finished product a balloon-gun.

McGinnis – a red-haired ensign – had other names and so had more of the department and back arriving in medbay with the thing the nurses.

‘What’s in a name,’ McCoy was thinking when he was filling the last rubber balloon with water and putting it in a bucket filled with its friends.

“They are ready with the procedure,” Christine laughed. “And you too I see.” She lifted the bucket.

“Lead the way Mara,” McCoy took the product in his hands.

“Mara,” Christine winked with her left eye. “Then you are my Luke bent on revenge against Han after one of his silly stunts.”

“Or Talon, or Corran, or Hobbie, or Wes,” McCoy took one of the balloons and inserted it in the tube the moment Christine opened the door of the scrub-room where two squirts of water began to leave two squeeze-bottles. He shouted “McCoy’s revenge.”
    The balloon left the tube and collided with a squeeze-bottle.

“Cole, he has a supersoaker combined with a grenade launcher,” Nick sputtered when he saw his squeeze-bottle flying away. He dove to the floor and reached for a wet sponge.

“A what,” Cole ducked when another balloon came sailing his way.

“A supers…” Nick tried when another balloon had the wet sponge colliding with his face.

“A rubber missile launcher,” Cole grumbled when his squeeze-bottle went the same way as Nick’s.

“Revenge from Antaris,” Nick crawled behind a towel-bin. “Now I know where he got the idea.”

“It’s working,” Christine reached for the last balloon.

“The what’s-in-a-name is,” McCoy fired the last balloon towards Cole and saw it colliding with a sponge.

“Cease fire,” Cole pleaded.

“We will,” McCoy lowered the tube. “And now my dear Mara…”

“We will see what’s beyond Antaris,” Christine saw two priceless looks on the faces of Cole and Nick and followed her Luke.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fun stuff with the whatchamacallit. [face_mischief]

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Now that is putting Starfleet tech and engineering to the best of use, that's all I have to say.

Another excellent and fun update, as always. =D=

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for the smiles that update gave to me! :)

Recently RL was very difficult to master.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    After the fun a more serious piece leading to ...

Detour

The detour to get admiral Ganesh from outpost number nine as fast as possible to a high rank meeting had cost them.
    Medbay was still filled with patients after the skirmish with the Klingon battlecruiser that had lain in ambush near the neutral zone.
    The neutral zone was established between the federation and the Klingon Empire to minimize that kind of contact.
    But the admiral had been in a hurry and outranking the captain she had ordered the Enterprise to take a shortcut skimming that neutral zone at high warp. A hit by a proton-torpedo in the hydroponics section had caused a fire and rescue-workers coming with wounded crew-members to medbay.

McCoy was fuming. Ganesh was about to leave. As one of the senior officers McCoy had to be there in the shuttle-bay. He was in ceremonial dress making it even worse with the slowly-torture-the-neck-and-crotch-elastic material. As soon as the captain ended his speech he began “admiral…”

“She is not worth it,” Spock took McCoy by his arm and steered him away. He was very aware of the situation and had been very displeased himself when no argument from him, Jim or Nyota could persuade Ganesh to visit the wounded. Nyota had been at her most persuasive. “I had to comfort my ashal-veh.”

“The moron is leaving,” McCoy saw Ganesh boarding the shuttle and Jim giving them a wink with his left eye. “Back to medbay and…”

“Some water-fun for you and…”

“You in your cosy tub,” McCoy began to laugh when he felt the constricting uniform. “But first I have to get rid of this and file a complaint to the designer.” And he started to rip open the collar and hurried to the nearest turbolift when he felt some material giving.

Spock didn’t hurry. He knew who would help him out of the torture-device.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb use of the prompt. :D Liked the chat at the end. =D=

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I wish I was there to the all the banter in person... :D

18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    McCoy has never liked those collars, it seems, in any universe. :p [face_laugh] I'm glad that the Admiral is gone, and now the (relative) peace and the fun can resume. ;) [face_love]

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    or more serious moments

Moonglow.

There was a soft and tired look in Nick’s brown eyes. He was gazing at a picture pinned on the wall beside his bunk when the unexpected tsirping of his doorcom had him turning on his bunk and turning.
    Only one knew the over-ride code to his door and he saw the door sliding open.

“I don’t want to intrude,” McCoy entered hesitantly with shoulders slumped and his face showing the same kind of fatigue felt by the entire medical staff and personnel. “I didn’t use the pager code but…”

“There are dire needs to have you coming here,” Nick swung his tired legs over the side of his bunk and turned his head once more to gaze at the picture.

“There are,” McCoy was drawn to the picture. “The away-team is coming back with a shuttle loaded with an injured guard and…”

“I am needed,” Nick stood up swaying on his legs. “When will this fighting stop? Our medbeds are filled to capacity.”

“Spock and Uhura are busy and maybe,” McCoy took two steps and held Nick steady. “After we finish saving our guard and have some rest and relaxation with you using that new piece of mayhem you can go back soon to your bunk and get some real sleep or.” He halted and pointed at the picture “is that what was keeping you awake?”

“Not at all,” Nick had a smile on his face “That is ‘Moonglow on Naboo’ and it is one of my cherished pictures I use to meditate and fall asleep. I found it after finishing BUD-S in a shop in the marina.”

“Hmm,” McCoy began to grin. “Now I know a way to give our very stubborn patient…”

“Some rest and relaxation,” Nick reached for a shelf above his bunk and took a disk. “This will keep Kirk busy until…”

“Spock comes with some good news and will begin to comment on the illogical things in the movies…”

“Until Uhura whisks him away,” Nick shuffled towards his door followed by McCoy “and begins to tell him about her love for that galaxy far far away.”

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super meshing of fandoms and great use of the prompt. I bet that painting is restful!

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I really liked the use of the prompt for this one! I can only imagine the solace the painting - and his friends - provide, especially on a day like that. Then, the cross-fandom references are, as always, simply the best! [face_love]

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    it was
    more crosses with the next prompt

Once upon a time

“This is a classic,” Nick walked with springy steps towards McCoy who was discussing a coming procedure with Cole Benson.

“A classic,” Cole turned and gazed at the box. “Ah I see with your Indian ancestors and nickname Grey Horse you should like that besides that other classic of yours and Len.”

“I have never seen it,” McCoy took a long look at the box. “Once upon a time in the west, is that an Indian story?”

“You will like it,” Nick beamed. “Come and join me this evening to see the grandeur of the west.”

“And bring a lot of popcorn and juices,” Cole grinned. ‘You are in for a very long and entertaining evening.”

“Long as in watching nine Star Wars movies?” McCoy began to smile.

“Not that long,” Nick replied. “Come too Cole or…”

“Jenna has a surprise for me,” Cole interrupted.

“I know,” Nick grinned.

“What?” Cole’s eyes became big.

“She snatched the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogy from the library,” Nick laughed “and that’s a very long and entertaining evening and night.”

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= [face_dancing] Excellent choices in entertainment! ;)

24. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    If they thought the Star Wars trilogies were long, I think that marathoning those movies may give them a run for their money. Although, hopefully, that far in the future we will have at least six Silmarillion movies to show, as well. Or at least I'm hoping :p [face_laugh]

But, as always, I loved the affection and camaraderie between your characters. It is always wonderful to read! [face_love]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more to follow
    I too hope to see more Tolkien movies

Lost and Found

“What’s with you,” McCoy halted a jumping Nick in the corridor leading to the medbay.

“Nothing serious,” Nick turned “and don’t expect a…”

“I knew it,” Cole Benson had his head around the door of the medbay. “Nick and being away to see his family and nothing serious is serious trouble for us. And that trouble is in that bag. Grab it Len.”

“No, no,” Nick shook his head and held the bag high above his head. “It is…”

“Trouble,” McCoy reached with his hands up and failed “from our big guy.”

“No Len,” Nick grinned. “Promise to behave and I will show you.”

“Ah whatever,” McCoy shrugged and gave a wink with his left eye when Cole came nearer. “The two of us can counter any prank that’s in the bag.”

“It isn’t,” Nick lowered his hands and began to open the bag, reached with one hand in and produced a tiny doll.

“It is Obi-Wan Kenobi,” McCoy began to smile.

“I lost him when I went to the university,” Nick beamed “and my mother found him when she was cleaning the shed.”

“WOW you have an original Obi-Wan,” Cole began to inspect the doll. “I wish I had kept my toys too. But you know mothers….”

“Or an ex with no love for great things,” McCoy continued. “Toys get lost.”

“And found,” Nick pocketed the doll.