main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek Medical mayhem, prompt challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 9, 2016.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Elaan couldn't steal Kirk away from the Enterprise
    Dilithium crystals are in the core of the warp-engines. They were decayed due to a Klingon attack and Elaan coming on the bridge and wearing her necklace with the crystals prompted the crew to use thoe crystals for the Enterprise to save the ship.
    McCoy knew that the Enterprise was Kirk's first love.

On with the story and the next prompt

Farewell
    Kyle Crisson opened the door leading to the room where his friend was staying for more than 3 months and was surprised to see the bed empty and Nick – grunting and supported by two crutches and with McCoy and Teri close to him – taking two steps. And he remained silent when McCoy – noticing him – gave a signal with his hand to wait.

“Two more Nick,” Teri urged. “You are doing great. Jessy should see you.”

“Yeah but she,” Nick grunted, sweat running down his face. He sat down on the edge of his bed with a big sigh “is with her friends to the beach. And I hope she will get some studying done because tomorrow she has to take those exams.”

“She will succeed,” Teri took a towel from the bed and began to wipe Nick’s face.

“And Nyota Uhura did with some help from Ms Fontein,” Kyle came into the room.

“Nyota did?” Teri had the towel slipping from her hands.

“You are off the hook,” Nick began to smile despite being tired.

“I am and I have left Starfleet,” Kyle began to tell more about the trial and the great support from Nyota, Ms Fontein and Spock. He ended “seeing those impassive faces of those top dog desk-huggers when I told them toedeledoki and farewell to you all brought a big smile on Nyota’s and Ms Fontein’s face. Nyota even hugged me.”

“And Spock raised his eyebrow,” McCoy quipped.

“He sure did,” Kyle grinned. “And we were leaving the courtroom when I saw one of my SEAL-buddies pointing me to a man waiting outside. I hurried to him, almost figuring out what to expect and was right of course. Admiral Semendiger was the man and he asked me to come back as an instructor. ‘You have a limp but you have lots of experience and can teach’ were his exact words. And I am sure when he sees you he will tell you the same. Nick get on your feet and take more than those four steps. I will be here when you can say farewell to this room.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful tie-in to the diary and elaboration with dialogue. :) You can feel Ny's caring and warm, ;) well wishes for Kyle and for Nick. :D And the ubiquitous eyebrow [face_love] =P~ Thrawn has that too. [face_laugh] :) :) [face_sigh]

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Read Farewell and then, Beginnings.

Liked Beginnings more, as there were things that an everyman would know - Paris - compared to the latter, which was mostly self-referential.

Nice angle on the Wine and Dine prompt.

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    He raised his eyebrow - that had me snickering. A great moment of characterization, there. :p [face_love]

I'm also glad to see that Kyle and Nick are getting their feet underneath them again - and quite literally, at that. They definitely have a lot he can share with the next generation, that's for sure. [face_thinking]

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes and Kyle will be in the next one
    Thank you
    Kyle is in the next one

Getting to know you
    Kyle Crisson was satisfied. The walk went as expected. The BUD/S trainees were pushing out, lifting their IBS and running towards the grinder. Each boat-crew wanted to be a winner.
    Kyle too and he was looking forward to the end of the day. He had seen her watching him when he followed the trainees in his old Jeep.
    She knew why he didn’t run along with the trainees.
    He had – due to an old injury – a permanent limp.
    She had been the legal assistant of Nyota Uhura during his trial.
    He had seen her smile during that trial and now…

Something was stirring in his stomach.
    It wasn’t an empty stomach.
    He was guiding his trainees back from dinner.
    It was …

Yes!
    He would write her a letter beginning with; getting to know you.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent and yummy use of the prompt.

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, I loved the last line! That's wonderful news for Kyle, and I am excited to see where this arc will go. [face_love][face_love]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and paralel with the diary this time

A way with words
    It was Teri and Nick’s wedding party.

Guided by Teri on the dance floor was Nick when he saw his great friend Kyle dancing with and talking to a gorgeous lady with chestnut hair.

“You know her,” Teri – leaning against him and keeping quite near the attractive couple – whispered in his ear.

“Sure,” Nick answered and halted near one of the chairs. Dancing with his bad foot took a lot of effort. He sat down with Teri and continued “Isabeau Fontein was the one helping Nyota Uhura during Kyle’s trial and the now famous Panusconi trial. McCoy was there and his saying was ‘both ladies had a way with words to make mr Sheevy getting Thrawn colored just before he was told by the jury that he was going to jail.’ Thrawn is a famous Star Wars character and you know.”

“Thrawn,” Teri smiled “I know him. I have read all your Star Wars books and yes those two” and she indicated Kyle and Isabeau now engaged in a lively conversation “are a lot like Mara and Luke.”

“And I hope it won’t take that long for them to marry,” Nick kissed Teri.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super use of the prompt & SQUEE!

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Hee hee, I loved this entire ficlet, but that last line in particular got me. Truer words have not been spoken. ;) [face_love]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and the romance is continuing

In bloom

Nick is now sure. A relationship is developing full bloom.

He had seen her weeks ago when he ended his first day as an instructor at the training-centre for the Federation SEALs. He had told her about his visit to the cabin in the woods near the Rocky Mountain national park. She was waiting for Kyle Crisson.
    And that waiting happened every day.

A week ago Kyle even asked him to take his evening shift during hell-week. He did that before the early Monday-morning break-out of the trainees. All the instructors were there at the beginning of that dreadful week for the trainees.
    Nick agreed and was there each evening to see Isabeau waiting for Kyle.

Now he was spotting someone else.

“You are secured,” Admiral Semendiger walked to the trainees and instructors.

The trainees – exhausted and longing for their beds – began to smile, yell and shake hands.

Nick saw it coming. His friend Kyle was headed to the admiral and he followed.

The trainees continued to celebrate the end of hell-week and waited for the admiral to leave.

“I need a short break,” Kyle asked.

“You can and,” Admiral Semendiger saw her standing just outside the gate and indicated the trainees and instructors “we will care for each other. You will care for her. And we are looking forward to your bachelor-hell-party.”

Nick burst out in laughter.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Terrific use of "in bloom" and exactly what I would have done with it. ;)

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to echo Deb - this was a perfect use of the prompt. I was wonderful seeing Kyle and Isabeau's relationship blossoming. [face_love]

14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I am awfully sorry that I did not comment before. But at times I simply loose the overview of all the fanfics that I follow and RL demands so much of me. You bring your humour to the ST universe and it is fun reading that! :D

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It continues with the next prompt 'current

Current
    “The current isn’t strong Isa,” Kyle Crisson had Isabeau Fontein’s hand in his when he took a step in the water.

“Are you sure,” Isabeau giggled when the water – gurgling and making little currents and whirlpools – came almost to the top of his boots.

“I am, just as Spock and Uhura were. They too had to pass the stream and should be already at the cabin and no doubt busy with dinner.”

“Or something else,” Isabeau smiled. “But you had to take that detour to see the meadow with the horses of the ranger.”

“Just to take a few pictures,” Kyle took another step and was now almost across the stream. “And we are here. See, easy.”

Isabeau took a big step and felt Kyle grabbing her by her waist and lifting her up and giving her a kiss on her lips.

“Hmmm,” A current of lovely emotions had Isa colouring and responding with a kiss.

Kyle was happy. He was here in a beautiful place with the girl he loved. And he would wait for the very special moment he had planned to ask her to become his wife.

16. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was another beautiful use of the prompt. In more ways than one. [face_love]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely setting and gentle emotions and just SQUEEEEEEEEEEEE!

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And that moment led to...
    leading to fun with the next prompt

Storms
    Nick Roberts flipped through the screens on his datapad and found what he wanted with the weather-forecast. A storm was sweeping in towards Coronado from the west. The little brother of the storm would arrive early in the morning bringing rain and some wind. He had planned the party with the admiral and the instructors and all the trainees. He showed the data to the man standing next to him in the briefing room. “Admiral, this sure is ‘the day’ for a bachelor-hell-party!”

“We have to start early with the smurf-run,” Admiral Semendiger looked outside and began to smile “Crisson is early so let’s meet him for his ordeal.”

“And I hope the ladies won’t be bothered by those storms,” Nick stated. He still had no inkling of what the ladies were planning for Isabeau.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Yeah, that does seem to be apt 'rain on the parade'. :p But I'm sure they'll have a grand time either way. :p

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They had and what followed is in this

Lullaby

Come on along and listen to
    The lullaby of Broadway
    The hip hooray and ballyhoo
    The lullaby of Broadway

The rumble of a subway train
    The rattle of the taxis
    The daffodils who entertain
    At Angelo's and Maxi's

When a Broadway baby says good night
    It's early in the morning
    Manhattan babies don't sleep tight
    Until the dawn

Good night, baby
    Good night, the milkman's on his way
    Sleep tight, baby
    Sleep tight, let's call it a day
    Hey!

The band begins to go to town
    And everyone goes crazy
    You rock-a-bye your baby round
    'Til everything gets hazy
    Hush-a-bye, I'll buy you this and that
    You hear a daddy saying
    And baby goes home to her flat
    To sleep all day

Good night, baby
    Good night, the milkman's on his way
    Sleep tight, baby
    Sleep tight, let's call it a day

Listen to the lullaby
    Of old... Broad... way...

“Hey this was nice,” Nick smiles after guiding Teri along on the dance-floor and coming to a stop after the last words and notes fade. “Kyle must have instructed the band. He told me about finding the movie in an antiques store in San Francisco when he left Star Fleet.”

“After his trial won by Isabeau and Nyota,” Teri spoke softly in his left ear.

“He did and kept it for a special moment.” Nick had his eyes on the pair in the middle of the dance-floor. Kyle was kissing Isabeau.

“Was that when he played it before the girls when visiting the cabin in the national park,” Teri laughed, eyes on Nyota in an embrace with Spock. “It sure must have stirred something in them.”

“It was but a letter to Isabeau, beginning with ‘getting to know you’ began the romance and had her waiting each day at the gate of the training centre. You should have seen him at the end of each day. And Hell-week was trying even for him. He was very eager to see me showing up. And you…” Nick had a mischievous smile on his face “you had the bed alone and…”

“You made up for all those nights without me,” Teri interrupted. “Each morning you met the milkman and made breakfast in bed a very enjoyable time for us before I tucked you in to sleep all day.”

“Listening to your sweet lullaby,” Nick kissed her.

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, that was beautiful. Soft and sweet and reflective in all the right ways. [face_love]=D=

22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    In Bloom was alright, although I have not been stitching the challenge responses together, so did not understand the Admiral Semendiger sentence and statement.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lovely! And delightful with Nick and Teri.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more to follow

A helping hand

This calls for revenge and
    Nick halted his fingers above the keyboard when he saw Jessy coming in with a mischievous smile on her face. He gave a soft sigh “more mischief today. I have had enough of that.”

“What’s that?”

“McCoy and his nurses showered the trainees and me with wet sponges, squeeze-bottles, wet towels and rubber gloves filled with water,” Nick grumbled. “And now you…”

“No dad. My school is entering the mudmasters competition and I am in the team. You know about mudmasters?”

“Sure. It’s some version of SEAL-training but doable for all. And?”

“I need a helping hand. LA Pomona high has won last year. They are very good and there are more teams with lots of experience,” Jessy began to tell more and was still discussing the mudmasters when Teri came in with Isabeau and Kyle. “We did the obstacle-course…”

“What?” Kyle sat down.

“Kyle,” Nick grinned “you are the right person to help us.”

And the discussion continued with Isabeau and Teri coming with great ideas for revenge.

“I will ask Nyota,” Isabeau laughed when she left with Kyle after the nice evening.

Nick smiled and kissed Teri. He saw Jessy nodding eagerly when she closed the door.

Jessy passed her parents on the way to her bedroom “our revenge will be naughty.”

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Nice use of the prompts with Nick's entire family in on the fun. :oops: