main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] My Family of the Soul. (DDC 2015) Complete: 12/03/15.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 1, 2015.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "You can pick up any old stick alongside the road, I'm holding out for gold, Auntie!"

[face_laugh] I love this line :D

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    "You can pick up any old stick alongside the road, I'm holding out for gold, Auntie!"

[face_laugh] I have to second that line's brilliance! :p That whole snippet was a delight to read. [face_love]=D=

3. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    I'm back! I was, like, 5 updates late, so I re-read the whole thing and seen in the continuity, the way you develop the relationship between Nyota and her friends is adorable and so very real. I can't wait for Spock to make his first appearance in the flesh here. The girltalk after that is going to be a work of art [:D]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, yes, and there will be some ... references to crisp demeanors versus how things are reputed to actually be [face_laugh] [face_love] SQUEE!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL

Graeme Carlisle - whom I went to an official function at the behest of friends - was striking with Mediterranean good looks: olive complexion, dark eyes.

"I'm an Anglo-Italian blend." He told me. "My mother's from Venice, and i take more after her side in looks." He grinned, showing an attractive cleft.

Graeme was courtesy defined. He opened doors for me and pulled out my chair, not in a patronizing way, but I could tell purely out of gallantry. I commented pleasurably on this fact and winked. "You're a rare one."

"Practically extinct I would wager." He rejoined, and I laughed.

He was, thankfully, also a brilliantly elegant dancer. We found we had similar tastes in art and music.

"I really enjoyed myself, Graeme." I told him at evening's end. "Thanks."

"Me too, Nyota. And you're welcome." He smiled.

When Sherra asked me the next day how things went, I told her. She smiled and asked: "Any sparks?"

I frowned slightly. "Not that quickly, Sherra. Gracious. I wasn't looking for any in any case."

She held my gaze for a moment. "Or have they already started sizzling elsewhere?" She pondered aloud.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I shot back and then relented. "To be honest, they truly have."

"Ooh, Ny! Give me a clue!"

"One who, like a Chiss, is all crisp and decorous correctness externally but on the inside, oh is something quite amazing!"

"Hmmm. Not for everyone."

"What do you mean?"

"Those who are as you describe usually, practically never, show that to just all and sundry. It takes a special and unique person, be it a friend or more, to draw that forth." Her smile was fond. "I hope you know how special you are, my friend."

I blushed - touched.

+++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Sherra guessing who is giving the sparks

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "Those who are as you describe usually, practically never, show that to just all and sundry. It takes a special and unique person, be it a friend or more, to draw that forth." Her smile was fond. "I hope you know how special you are, my friend."

[face_love][face_laugh] Truer words were never said. A great insight on Sherra's part - and on Nyota's as well. She knows what she wants, and while Graeme will make some woman very happy, he isn't the one for her. [face_love]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! I love and rejoice in the capacity of a genuine love to bring out the best and truest natures of a person. :)

9. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love Sherra's talk with Nyota, especially her insight :D And Graeme sounds like he would make a great friend!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This one has several feels running through.

He and I were discreet, but I told my friends of whom I was becoming more in love by the minute.

"Girl!" Miranda enthused. "Spock is ... serious, eye candy, besides being brilliant."

"And that voice. I could just dip a spoon in it and just lick away!" Gaila added.

Sherra just winked and said: "Vulcans are reputed to have depths underneath that calm exterior. Do tell."

"It's a beautiful depth." I told her beaming.

After one session of reading at our book club, we emerged, with sodden handkerchiefs and nearly incoherent.

He was there in the transport lot to meet me as my friends got a hover-taxi home. None of us felt able to navigate homeward.

"Nyota." He assayed, reaching to brush a couple stray tears from my cheeks with ineffable tenderness and concern. "You ... what is it?"

"The latest chapter in the book we're reading." I said on a choked breath. "The protagonist ... has just ..." I composed myself with an effort and climbed into his hover-car. "Thanks for the lift. Darling. I'll be all right in a minute, or several."

"I hope the next installment will prove to be less troublesome?" He ventured.

I laughed despite myself. "We're all on the edge of our seats! It's part of the allure."

"That is completely illogical." Spock answered, and I elaborated. "We definitely want to know what happens next!"

He pulled the car to the side of the air-lane to the verge and gathered me close. His kisses and shoulder rubs eased the last of my residual tension.

"Darling love." I said. "Thanks for that! Will you promise me something?"

"Anything." He replied, stroking my tresses.

"Always ... come back to me."

"You know that I shall." He promised earnestly. "You are too essential, Nyota."

+++++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and Spock is too essential for Ny.
    Nice with all the layers

12. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I've been there (absolutely sobbing about a book). Spock is so sweet to her!

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I absolutely loved Spock's being baffled by their loving the emotional turmoil the book is putting them through - we have definitely all been there. :p

But the star of this ficlet was his reassurances at the end. Her asking him to always return was such a touching moment, and I just smiled at my computer screen for a minute and gushed at reading it. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I'm sorry I have been remiss in commenting! I really do like how you're structuring this, creating the narrative out of almost all dialogue. I can literally hear the characters in my head as they speak in your fic. Nice work!

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Huggles divapilot thanks. I do love dialogue as the narrative impetus as it would be in a play onstage. :cool: @};-

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Graeme and I were just friends, of course, but he knew of my penchant for Star Wars. So when he was able to, he got me a "Thrawn Trilogy" interactive book-set.

I gave him an impetuous hug when he presented it to me. "Oh joy!" I exclaimed and gave a happy twirl. "It is such a treat reading of the only only woman for Luke Skywalker. Can you imagine, Graeme, the idiocy of teaming him up permanently with Callista?" I rolled my eyes. "Or worse, if possible, an endless string of almost-sortas?"

Graeme laughed. "Nyota, your reaction was worth the purchase price for this - let me tell you. You're quite the fan, and you're welcome!" He grinned, eyes twinkling.

I smiled and said: "Join me for caf? My treat." I winked.

"Sure." Graeme agreed.

Sherralyn squealed with delight when I showed it to her. "And the most fascinating adversary is in there too, Thrawn! And Karrde! He's like Han, but more suave."

We laughed.

"Thrawn is inscrutable." I said as I grabbed another handful of salty pretzels covered in caramel. "All crisp and formal. You'd think he was all regs and artsy smartsy... until ..." I sighed happily. "Until ..."

Sherralyn smiled and added: "The right lady comes along."

My tummy flipped. That all sounded very familiar...

I asked my sister if I were leading Graeme on by accepting such a gift, although I had already told him we were strictly platonic. "Nah. Especially if he knows you're interested in someone else. Are you?"

I blushed. "I wouldn't exactly say interested." I replied. Head-over-heels, completely unabashedly smitten, was more like.

She held my gaze and then beamed. Her sisterly intuition kicked in big time. Kashore knew.

+++++

Chyntuck and RX_Sith like this.
  17. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Graeme sounds like a great friend! I want a friend like that :p

18. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Great Star Wars books are truly treasures to enjoy.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Graeme is a great friend giving her Star Wars books and Thrawn sure has a lot in common with a certain friend

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sherralyn and I were shopping to buy onesies for her sister Elspeth's newest baby, a girl named Lillyan.

"My sister had a miscarriage a few years back." I confided. "It was so hard for me to even look at baby clothes for a while. Then she got pregnant again and had two healthy and rambunctious younglings. And it was a joy, again."

Sherralyn gave a sympathetic sigh. "I can just imagine if it was hard for you, it was really hard for her and her husband?"

"Oh yes. When she got pregnant later on, he coddled her something fierce. She grumbled and snarked, but she loved him for it. They were so relieved when she hit the second trimester without incident!" I answered, picking up a cute top with koalas romping.

"I want to get a baby panda to hang on the mobile." Sherralyn said. "And Christopher Robin, Tigger, Winnie the Pooh, and Ee-Or."

I squealed with delight. "I sense a theme! That was the same one my parents used for me."

Sherralyn grinned. "A timeless classic favorite."

"That is so!"

++++++

:)

Chyntuck and RX_Sith like this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The Pooh is timeless and used everywhere

22. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Pooh-rifically perfect in every way.

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Love that! :D :D

24. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's so sweet! Mixed with sadness but still beautiful.

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. The blend I was going for. :)