main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    So sweet! Especially on that patricular day. So romantic of Spock to think of his parents' love and want to give that same type of love to Nyota!

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL A follow-up to Mayhem :D This is fun! And melty!

AN: The Northern Lights mural is borrowed shamelessly from “Necessity Beyond Sway”. Nyota keeps reminding me of the artist! ^:)^

~!
    "A Magnificent Work of Art"

Nyota is radiant, lying back against the pillows after their mutually enjoyable shower that had been most leisurely and caressing.

She is smirking.

“I guess you don’t mind so much now, after all, lover?” She asks.

“Indeed. The aftermath is completely worth the process of getting to it.” Spock answers, entwining himself around her. “To you, that is.”

She laughs. “That was the absolute main reason I collaborated. You know that.”

He kisses her soundly. “I admit that now your motives are clearer than they were initially.”

She grins. He tickles her.

“I returned the favor to McCoy.” Spock assays after a pleasurable pause. “I told him of an art exhibit that he will want to share with Christine, and he is ineffably grateful.”

“Clever, darling! That wins you points and Len with Chris. Nick will have to find another Hobbie to his Wes.”

“I think you would also appreciate the exhibit, ashal-veh.” He replies.

“I look forward to it.” She answers softly. “Now hush. I haven’t quite finished making you comfy cozy yet.”

~**~

“Hmmm! Gorgeous!” Chris enthuses the following afternoon. “So you’ve turned Spock and Ny into Luke and Mara?” She teases Len.

Len smiles. “Nick’s idea. Why?”

“Because after reading the bio of this artist, I think they’re more suited to this - the artist and her life-mate.” She indicates the readout below the lovely mural.

As the sun is setting, the Aurora Borealis springs to majestic magnificence and effulgent glory! The shimmering curtains of multi-hued banners and streamers fill the room with luster.

Across the room, Nyota and her ashal-veh are locked in an amorous embrace, oblivious to any and all around them.

++++

SQUEEE!
    Out. Loud.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect and squeelishious continuing after a sandy mayhem

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    There is little more I can say to this except that I am entirely a grinning mess now - and very happy to be so, might I add! :p As always, I adore the warmth and rightness of their bond, which was, once again, perfectly portrayed here. [face_love][face_love]

=D=[:D]

5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love that they're so completely wrapped up in each other that they're shutting the entire world out [face_love] So romantic!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ^:)^ :) [face_sigh] So do I! :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    A very squeelishious moment [face_love]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Love this bit here!

~~~~!!!!

"Mulling Over & Misperception"

Nyota was silently gazing out at the starfield as her love joined her.

Christine was enjoying her new job immensely and had met someone named Rick Valdera, and she had commed Nyota to say not that she was trying to think of a way to “break it to Len”, but that she had realized, too late, “that I keep comparing guys to him, and I didn’t know a good thing when I had it. Now what do I do, Ny? I would look like the worlds’ biggest idiot and wibbly-wobbly too boot! He’ll never take me seriously, now!”

Nyota was puzzling over how and what she should say to Christine. What would be enough, too much? What should she advise her to do?

She was deciding that it wasn’t something that should be committed to writing although sometimes that helped with getting your thoughts clear. You could delete and start over, if need be. But for this kind of talk, you needed to be face-to-face, eye-to-eye.

They were stopping over at Starbase 18 in the next fortnight. On a really fast transport, Christine could meet them there and they could straighten things out.

Nyota was getting this all straight in her mind when Spock asked her what she was so deep in thought about.

“You wouldn’t understand.” She said, in abstraction.

His eyebrows rose. “Because I am not fully Human? You surprise me, Nyota. I never would have thought to hear such from you.” His gaze was measuring, his tone quelling.

She gasped. “No! How could you even imagine? Do you know me so little?” Her eyes flashed. “I meant it’s a lady-thing. I am trying to figure out how to help a friend.”

“Then I will leave you to your thoughts.” He answered and started to move away.

“Suit yourself.” She said, coolly. Then she took a deep breath and let it out slowly. “I’m sorry you thought I could even think such a thing.”

“Not half as sorry as I am for even entertaining such a ridiculous idea for a split instant’s worth of time. It is so the reverse of your true and generous and caring spirit, my love. I do not know where that reflexive defensiveness arose from.” Spock answered, his tone and sense soft and profoundly apologetic.

“Let’s forget it.” She said lowly. “Come back over here. I have a message to send to my friend, but this needs attending to first!”

They reached out to powerfully embrace.

“I love you, so very much, my dearest heart!” She breathed between kisses. “Never, ever question how much!”

“Nyota. You are my luminous ashal-veh.” He murmured back. “Please know this, in return!”

As it turned out, the message had to wait until the next day-shift.

+++

SQUEE! ^:)^

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Such moments of loose tongues - and face to palm moments :oops: - are bound to happen in any relationship, but the great thing here was how quickly it was resolved! That is certainly one score Spock never has to doubt on; and understanding both were Nyota's initial surprise/hurt/annoyance and how quickly she accepted his apology and moved to comfort him in turn. That was truly a lovely moment! [face_love]

More worrying is Christine's relationship struggles. Ack, the poor thing. :( I look forward to their being able to meet and catch up again. [face_love]

=D=

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    “Because I am not fully Human? You surprise me, Nyota. I never would have thought to hear such from you.”

Way to put your foot in your mouth, Spock! What a dumb comment. Silly man. I'm glad they straightened it out!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! Thanks.

My April's Fool entry, inspired by Falcon's cute post and her actual work prank... Audrey and Ny hav their guys going. :oops:

~!

Audrey and I watched the Terran calendar closely. On April 1st, we had our loves going. We gave them frosty glances and let them think they'd forgotten a "special" occasion. Jim was all "What? Did I forget something? Did I say something?" in his nonverbals. Across our bond, my own dear one was all mystification.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" Audrey finally retorted in a "You'll find out later." tone. She could barely contain her smirk.

I just shot Spock a "If you don't know, I'm not saying." look and went back to work.

At shift's end, Audrey took Jim to the arboretum where a candlelit dinner awaited among other sweet treatts, like a stroll among the violet blossoms.

(Later, she told me he was most amused and happy to be surprised in such a fashion after being confused.)

As for me, when Spock entered our quarters, he found me in a very clingy lace negligee. "Hey, my pookie bear."

"Nyota?"

"No, Spock, my light in the dark, you did not forget a significant occasion! I was ... pranking, merely." I rushed into his embrace and laughed. "Am I incorrigible?"

"You know the answer to that very well, without me having to say!" He said with feigned coolness and then spoilt the effect across our connection and in action, by kissing me slowly.

I purred against his mouth. "One of the reasons you love me..."

"I would hardly say so. It is simply something I have grown accustomed to." He replied, the laughter in his gaze indicating his teasing was continuing.
    "You!" I laughed. "I'm ravenous, for these delectable treats!" I added, leading him to the common area where chocolates stuffed with berries, with pretzels inside, or chocolates with toffee and cream filling awaited.

Those were only the beginning of our sweet indulgences.

+++++

LOL SQUEE! again. [face_love]

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and Falcon like this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love and more love in your delicious squeelishious posts

13. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] Now that was a fun tribute to April First! Every word of that was fun and sweet to savor. ;) [face_love]

=D=

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love them pranking the guys! :D

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Following up with more on Len/Christine. :) And touching on the marvel of Beyond Antares. [face_love]

Christine smiled and gave Len a quick hug.

They chatted about work and about all and sundry. The atmosphere between them was lighter and less fraught thatn Christine had thought it could be.

"Len, I've missed you more than I thought I would." Christine assayed.

Len grimaced. "Thanks, I think."

She laughed. "Ever since you took me to that art exhibit a month ago ... I've ... you ... I don't believe in long-range relationships you know."

"Hey. Immediate proximity isn't a guarantee either. It's not all it's reputed to be, some of the time, unless you're with the right person. I never wanted to stand in the way of your career goals, Chris."

She smiled in gratitude. "I know and I thank you. What do you say after your tour is over, you join me ... not in New York, but in a cozy tucked away piece of Vermont or Kentucky."

He grinned. "Then I can be a genuine ol' country doc, huh?"

"Making house calls, etc..." Christine added. "Somewhere where you know all your neighbors..."

"Are there still places like that?"

"There are bound to be!"

"You know, Christine," Len confessed, "This starfaring business was never my end-all, be-all. It was something I did to literally get away from all the unpleasantness dirt-side. Now," He shrugged. "The impetus is no longer as urgent."

"Glad to hear it." She grinned.

Later, Christine joined the Enterprise crew for third meal and a little relaxation in the rec lounge.

"I have missed this," She said, "And you, Nyota! Can you sing my favorite song, you know the one?"

Nyota beamed. "Certainly!"

She sang Beyond Antares.
    Christine was all dreamy-eyed.

"That is a gorgeous song." Audrey enthused. "And Nyota's voice does it total justice! It seems to be one of her favorites, too. I wonder why?"

Nyota joined them at song's end to a round of heartfelt applause.

Christine put the question Audrey had raised.

"The first song I was taught on the Vulcan harp." Nyota said lowly, her eyes full of loving recollection.

"Oh!" Audrey exclaimed. "Spock taught you? That romantic song? How did you ever, ever keep your hands off him, girlfriend?"

"Believe me, Audrey, it was on the level of parting the Red Sea that I was able to restrain myself!" Nyota rejoined, and they laughed.

++++

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect showing of the friendship between Len and Christine

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I really, really liked the glimpse at McCoy and Christine's relationship. The level of companionship is still there, and I have high hopes for them once their tour is over. I loved the idea of them in a cozy setting giving things another shot. [face_love]

And you know I loved the end snippet. What a great moment between friends, and an even better recollection on Nyota's part. ;) [face_love]

=D=[:D]

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm going to third earlybird and Mira -- I love the relationship Bones and Christine have and their willingness to communicate and compromise. With that attitude, I see good things for them!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woot, loving this one. Inspired by a question raised in Resource.

~!

"So," McCoy posed a question, "Would you like to live in a civilization at its zenith or decline?"

This was on everyone's mind after visiting worlds where cultures were conversely ascending and declining.

"It depends." Dr. Roberts said. "On if the culture at its height is fair and just and giving the populace equality. If they're at their height in science, health, technology, etc., but the majority of people are oppressed, it means nothing."

"I agree." I said. "And if a culture is declining, it could always reverse itself, but frankly, I would feel that the potential for equal access to rights and assets would be in a culture on the rise."

McCoy then made the comment that governments no matter what their level were always prey to corruption and bickering. "Not yours, Spock." He said wryly. "Yours, you would doubtless claim, is above such pettiness."

I rolled my eyes.

"It strives to be so." My love answered thoughtfully. "It is a goal worthy of reaching but not always attained."

"Well, do my ears deceive me?!" McCoy asked in exaggerated surprise. "Did I actually ..."

I broke in with a laugh. "Vulcans can be hide-bound like any other civilization. They just have different reasons. They attempt to give a rational spin, but mule-headed stubborn is still stupid no matter how it's dressed up."

McCoy and Roberts laughed at my remark.

"You're one astute and outspoken one, Nyota." Roberts said admiringly.

"I'm more than just a deft pair of hands and ears and a pretty face." I said with a grin.

"We all know that!" McCoy answered.

When we were alone, Spock teased, "I had no idea that you had such a low opinion of ..."

I interrupted with a shrug. "A low opinion? I hardly think so. I am just more objective than you might be. When you live in the confines of a society, it's hard to see its flaws as those on the outside. Unless you are blessed with exemplary vision and insight."

He answered, with a quizzical lift of the brow: "And you think I have neither insight nor clear perceptiveness?"

I smiled. "I know you do. Your whole life choices are outside the box, as Sarek's was before you. You are definitely of a different sort, a superlative marvelous sort." I answered, my tone and sense full of adoration.

"And you've aided in no small measure to enhance my character and worlds-view, ashal-veh." He answered in a similar vein.

"Oh, you! My darling, darling heart." I whispered as we reached simultaneously to embrace.

++++++

:cool:

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    A very interesting debate! I love Nyota's views on the matter.

21. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to agree with Nat, that was a most interesting question and debate - the thoughts and opinions were wonderfully expressed all around.

But this:

I broke in with a laugh. "Vulcans can be hide-bound like any other civilization. They just have different reasons. They attempt to give a rational spin, but mule-headed stubborn is still stupid no matter how it's dressed up."

Just had me giggling. She would know that better than most. :p

Which lead in perfectly to:

I smiled. "I know you do. Your whole life choices are outside the box, as Sarek's was before you. You are definitely of a different sort, a superlative marvelous sort." I answered, my tone and sense full of adoration.

Ah, I just loved that. [face_love]

Beautifully worded, once again. =D=

[:D]

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Thanks and agreed on both sides of Ny's opinion. [face_rofl] [face_love] [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love Ny commenting on choices and the Vulcan civilisation especially

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Following on the "heels" of Assembly in Mayhem. Girl chat to start.

~!

Jana smiled at Nyota and Jenna across the fondu pot. "McCoy is so much tidier after Dr. Rob got those handy trimmers."

Jenna laughed. "Nick is more easygoing in the looks department but Cole ... he's sharp."

"M'Benga is a fine and smokin' looker too." Nyota commented. "He looks like my brother-in-law's university roommate."

"Ha! You actually able to notice a good looking gentleman besides your own?" Jana asked laughing.

"I notice," Nyota said, "But the melt-down occurs only for one."

They laughed.

"Nick is great around the lab in the tech department. McCoy is all thumbs!" Jana said. "Mark also. It's a good thing Nick is around."

"Spock is in a category all by himself when it comes to tech." Nyota enthused. "Among other things." Her eyes were dreamy.

The ladies chuckled. Jana and Jenna were happily married and romantically still aglow with their life-mates, but Ny's joy was also in its own category.

When he asked her how the evening had gone, Nyota smiled softly. "Just comparing the acumen of guys in certain fields of activity."

"Hmmm." Spock teased, sensing her tease and reciprocating. "Should I be worried, Nyota love?"

She laughed and melted into his embrace. "Never, my dearest, sweetest heart!"

++++

:D :D

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    girls and their ' boys' talk. Funny comments after the hair-business;)[face_laugh]