main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Well, to have three toddlers in my kindergarten group who need the changing of their nappies is asking a lot of my arms & my back. To be on the sure side my fitness trainer and I have come up with a lot of exercises to strengthen my muscles. So when I am not lying on my bed listening to audio plays, watch the news or do need to do household cores, I am in the fitness centre. Or I am socializing off-line. For example with my next-door neighbours and their dog.

No worries! I am not leaving the JC, but perhaps facebook...

Anyway, RL has a lot of demands at present. Writing & painting are the last things that come to mind.

2. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    And I'm here for my note of yummy nummy treats ;) :) [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Chuffed! [:D] @};- These two will always inspire my lyrical ooey-gooey side.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Am getting caught up! I love Nyota and Jim's banter and friendly relationship. They crack me up!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. A little masquerade fun.

~~~!

Nyota made her way across the dance floor, a domino hiding her lovely features. It disguised her voice as well. Her hair was disguised also. She was wearing a Pompadour style coiffeur and her black sequined evening gown showed off her curves splendidly.

Sherralyn was also done up in a lovely red satin dress. Her jade eyes sparkled behind her domino.

"I hope I wind up with Tristan tonight, although I might wind up with a Tellarite we're all so disguised."

Nyota laughed. They had told each other what they would be wearing so they could recognize each other, and also were wearing telltale bracelets, Nyota's with charms from home, and Sherralyn's was a unique one with twists and curls holding the links together.

"I wonder where Miranda is ... she is coming as Haleth, I believe."

On cue, Miranda appeared, wearing a warrior's garb, and she leaned in to whisper to her friends: "Now who will be my gorgeous Elven Lord?"

Her friends laughed.

"No one is that hot."

Nyota flushed behind her domino.

There was one gentleman who was, but he was probably steering clear of the festivities.

It was Midsummer's Eve and because of the love they all had for "A MidSummer Night's Dream" the idea for a dress up with ensuing mix-ups (potential and otherwise) was born.

When the fun wound down, Nyota stepped out onto the terrace and out of her high high heels.

She sighed ... "Those shoes are not made for dancing." She grimaced.

She had danced once or twice with colleagues and study-peers.

A hover-car drove up to the railing. "Do you need a ride, ma'am?" A courteous voice asked.

She gave a happy squeal.

"Spock, it's you! How did you ..."

"Sherralyn sent me a flash-message. I concluded you would want a ride home in lieu of a hover-cab? Was I mistaken?"

Nyota slid in and the car eased into the air-lanes smoothly. "You were not! Thanks, ever so much. I am happy you get to see me in this."

His eyes drank her in with appreciation.

At her curb-side, she alighted and rested a hand on the door. "I am sure Gaila will not be coming back tonight ..." She winked. "Care to come up and help me out of this dress and elaborate 'do?"

"I would be most obliged." Spock answered, and hands clasped, they made their way upstairs.

+++++

Yowsa, now the real partay begins [face_mischief] ^:)^

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    loved that immensely with the party and even more after that with Spock getting her home and un-dressing her

7. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Spock showing up is so sweet! But this line made me crack up:

"I am sure Gaila will not be coming back tonight ..." She winked. "Care to come up and help me out of this dress and elaborate 'do?"

Get it, girl!

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, yessssss! [face_dancing] [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 and NYCitygurl like this.
  9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, what a fun setting the masquerade was. And, of course, Spock playing the chivalrous one at the end there just put such a smile to my face - the best way to kick off my week! [face_love]

(And the Haleth/Caranthir reference - you know that I enjoyed that so very much. Spock could definitely pull off that look. ;) [face_mischief][face_love])

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Fact, on all counts. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    A hover-car drove up to the railing. "Do you need a ride, ma'am?" A courteous voice asked.

She gave a happy squeal.

I would give more than a happy squeal. An arm or a leg even... [face_blush]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: A warm tete-a-tete.

~~~!

Christine showed up after shift with two large plates full of a delicious apple cobbler with flaky crust and piled high on top with whipped cream.

McCoy gazed at her with undisguised delight. "Oh, I haven't had one of these in two long, that and a thick slice of corn bread ... grits with sausage gravy ..."

She laughed. "I thought you'd welcome a taste of home ..."

They dug into the wonderful snack, a blend of healthy fruit and cinnamony nutmeggy goodness, not to mention the sweet cream on top.

"When you started hanging around with Nick, I told myself I was happy if you were, and that I wasn't looking for a relationship." McCoy assayed. "But you're nothing like Jocelyn. You have my same stubborn streak when it comes to patients' well-being..."

She winked. "I prefer to call it tenacity."

He grinned. "And more than your fair share of empathy. It doesn't hurt that you're very very attractive."

She blushed softly. "I think Nick and I are on the same data-screen as far as hobbies and other things go, and of course I find him a pleasure to work with, but there are aspects of his nature in a pinch that I find frankly disconcerting, and I'd hate to think they'd spill over into the personal sphere. And to be honest, I'm not ready or willing to have a combined work/romantic relationship, even with someone I consider an esteemed colleague and good friend. Jim and Audrey, Ny and Spock, they make it look easy, but I don't want to push my particular brand of luck."

Len grimaced. "Korby." He guessed. "I hope you know I would not be anything near as off as he turned out to be."

Christine laughed ruefully. "No one could be that!"

"No pressure, Christine. Just keep it in mind?"

She pondered for a handful of minutes. "Sure, I can do that."

"Starting with more down-home culinary indulgences. Next on the list: fried chicken with fried okra, and for dessert, pecan pie!" He suggested.

Christine smiled. "I think I'm going to enjoy exploring those. They sound quite adventurous."

++++++

Yum! I love all those things. [face_mischief]

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely. Christine and Len should explore more [face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! I loved the frank, open tone of their conversation here. They have both really been burned by relationships in the past, and I love his patience as much as I understand her want to take things slow for the time being! [face_love]

And now, I am curiously hungry after reading that update . . . [face_laugh][:D]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :) LOL couldn't wait to Friday's prompt to work it in to this wonderful conversation. [face_love]

~~~~~!

Sarek gazed with approval on Nyota, who was beautifully dressed in a silver-shimmer evening gown with a shawl to match with gray heels to complement.
    Her hair was loose and flowed in ripples around her face and down her back.
    It was a diplomatic function, and he had made certain to request her seat be placed next to his.

She smiled in genuine gratitude and leaned in conspiratorially to whisper: "Now I don't have to worry about making 'small talk'."

He raised both brows. "Vulcans are not known for making such, in any case."

She laughed. "And you're not known for your wry sense of humor, either. Nope!"

He could not hide his amusement. "You will never hear that from me."

"Nor from Spock, either." She winked.

She glanced down the long table and spotted T'Pring, and frowned, and a note of ice crept into her musical voice.
    "I had to be the diplomat on more than one occasion when greeting Ms. Queen of the Netherwastes."

"I can just imagine. I also am sure you were equal to the task." Sarek replied.

Nyota shrugged expressively. "Believe me, it was a stretch!" She rolled her eyes and said in all seriousness. "Admit it, you find me a big improvement over her..."

"This need hardly be mentioned." Sarek rejoined with frank affection, and she beamed.

After the repast, they took a stroll by mutual consent.

He spoke openly of his temporary estrangement from Spock and how this had grieved Amanda, and in the aftermath of all that had happened, it was one of his biggest regrets, that it had happened at all.

"It was not the fact that he was eschewing our traditions or the Science Academy so much, although that was part of it." Sarek continued as they settled on a bench near a fountain. "But the fact that I felt perhaps he had been driven to a less-preferred choice (because he concluded any other decision would be untenable) by the ... narrow-minded biases of others. That ... their stance ... was what I found most annoying. I am afraid that, however, got somewhat .... lost in translation. All he perceived was my disapprobation, and doubtless he took it personally." Sarek's tone was heavy with regret, and Nyota spontaneously reached out to clasp his hand briefly.

Nyota considered his words.
    "I cannot speak to that one way or another, but I know that your reconciliation has brought him much inner peace of mind and spirit. I would think because of that, and just the passage of time, he sees your reaction in a broader perspective." Her tone was warm. "He is open-hearted that way, one of the many many reasons I find to love him so very much."

Sarek held her eyes for a long moment. "You do, don't you. I can tell, and could at our first meeting."

"I cherish the day he and I met, Sarek, I truly, truly do." She breathed reverently.

++++++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thoughtful discussion between Sarek and Nyota

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    She smiled in genuine gratitude and leaned in conspiratorially to whisper: "Now I don't have to worry about making 'small talk'."

He raised both brows. "Vulcans are not known for making such, in any case."

She laughed. "And you're not known for your wry sense of humor, either. Nope!"

He could not hide his amusement. "You will never hear that from me."

"Nor from Spock, either." She winked.

Your dialogues always sparkle. :D

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  18. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I just loved the dialogue in this - both the more light-hearted banter, and the heart-to-heart about Sarek's motives and Spock's perception of them both then and now. It was frank and candid, and your voice for Sarek was spot on! But, the last lines - Sarek's true moment of honesty appreciation for her feelings for Spock just had me smiling inside. Beautifully, beautifully put! =D= [face_love]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks... [face_dancing] and Nicole, I just love! showing through dialogue, the characters and the emotions. :) :cool:

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I missed one with McCoy and Christine, but I loved it! Their open, honest conversation was great, and I love that she's thinking about it [face_love]

But mostly I love that she brought food. That's what I look for in all my relationships (romantic and not): Will you make/bring me food :p

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Yes, I wanted the tone to be thoughtful and open. And yes, food is a requirement for me too [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoyed writing this one. :)

~~!

Jim and Carole Marcus met by chance in the lobby of a conference venue. She was looking extremely attractive in a peach-mauve suit.
    He reached to clasp her hands in greeting.
    His smile was as charming as ever as he asked about her work and answered her questions in turn as they settled in one of the conversation circles.
    She looked upon him with frank appraisal.

"When we parted ways a few years back," Carole remarked, "I felt it was the best thing for both of us. It was a smart career move for me and I knew full well that you would never want to be stationary ..."

Jim grimaced. He liked having the stars as a backdrop and didn't think that would change in the foreseeable future.

"Still there's a part of me that wonders - what could have been." She continued. "Especially since I've applied to be on a space station between Alpha and Gamma Quadrants. I figured that would make it so we could see each other, perhaps, now and then?"

Jim perused her carefully. Was she just indulging in fanciful imaginings or making a serious proposition?

He decided to forestall any false hopes or temporary musings.
    "I've been seeing someone in particular, Carole. As a matter of fact, we're ..."

At that moment, Audrey came in with a large bouquet of flowers and a bucket of champagne.
    She saw Jim and hurried over.

"Hi! This is for a party for a friend of mine who's just been promoted to Senior Science Officer aboard Lexington. Care to join us? I'm positive there are enough refreshments." She grinned.

"I'd love to. Audrey, guess who I ran into. This is Carole Marcus... Carole, my fiancee - Audrey Pearce."

Carole was nonplussed for a brief few seconds but hid it well and greeted Audrey with all the cordiality she could muster despite her astonishment.

Audrey responded in kind, although she gave Jim a questioning glance as if to say: What's really behind all this? she could pick up that they had been discussing something on the brink of personal.

Jim excused himself and went with Audrey to the nearest lift.
    Once alone inside, he caught her up to what Carole and he had been discussing.

Audrey was happy that he had instantly been on task to set the record straight.

He gave her a lopsided grin. "What did you expect? I may have dated my fair share Audrey, but what we have found together is - unparalleled."

She melted inside and answered: "For that bit of sweetness, you get a very special, private thanks later."

"I'm looking forward to it!"

++++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Audrey and Jim is yummy and sweet like the relationship between Nyota and Spock.

Carol Marcus is just one of those scientists

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Even :p if she thinks she should/could be more.
    Jim/Audrey are like L/M - destined always. :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! I am just liking this domestic Jim (as much as he can be, anyway :p) more and more. [face_love] I loved how tactfully straight he was with Carole the whole time, and Audrey herself had impeccable timing. [face_mischief]

There really is a ring of something right about them, and that was perfectly on display in this ficlet! [face_love]=D=