main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yumsy!

~~~!

Bustling around her kitchen, or in her home office, with the kids clamoring for her attention for a chat, a cuddle, a favorite high-cal snack ... Nyota basks in their company and lively conversation or merely the snuggles.
    They clamor for their father as well: to confide, romp, discuss some highly technical thing, or listen raptly to story-legends...
    Nyota loves how patience, affection, trust, and respect are reciprocated.

The thing that hasn't changed so much with the passage of time is ... the way he can set her pulses leaping with a glance, her tummy flipping with a touch, and how the desire and delight can start at her toes and work its way upwards ...

He steps into her home office just as she is considering this very thing and his eyes smile at her softly.
    "Your ponderings are decidedly sentimental, Nyota love."

"Get your sweet self over here." She invites and he comes to her willingly.

Their kisses linger and lengthen tenderly, adoringly.

"Momma and Poppa always hoped my sister and I would have their kind of love ... dearest heart, the kind that grows stronger and sweeter but never loses that wow! early feel. I'm so very happy to say that we did. Kashore and I both..."

"You chose wisely and well." Spock rejoins, a teasing light in his eyes.

She laughs. "This is so true."

++++++

Chyntuck likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I loved the warm, easy feeling of this, especially with: "Your ponderings are decidedly sentimental, Nyota love."

Of course he knows her mind so well after all of these years. [face_love] This whole update had a great tone to it - like a warm blanket [face_love] -, and I loved reading every word. =D=

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira: Chuffed you got the warm blankie feel [face_dancing] Exactly what I was going for. Love the bit you quoted too. :D :)

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D spin-off of the "Empath"

~~!!!!!!

Minara II was a locale fraught with urgency and mystery.
    Their primary was set to go supernova in a gargantuan explosion and evacuations were of paramount importance.
    Solar storms made navigation and communication tricky. Nyota's brilliant handling of the latter kept the landing team in close and near-constant contact.
    Two scientists, Channing and Lovall, were missing, and needed to be found in time.

The inhabitants, the Vians, were possessed of a teleporting technology but also a bizarre code of ethics.

An empath from the fifth planet out, Kiari, helped Jim and McCoy, Channing, and Lovall stave off the Vians' assaults.

Kiari's people evacuated in time using the teleportation system invented by the Vians.

When Jim and McCoy returned, they had glowing things to say about Kiari to their anxious lady loves during dinner.

Christine and Audrey exchanged wary glances.

"Do you want to be compared to a paragon of empathy?" Audrey's look said.

"Are you kidding?" Christine's eyes telegraphed. "That's all I need!"

"Are we doomed?" Audrey rolled her eyes in turn.

Christine shrugged philosophically.

It was Spock who put a lid on the discussion.
    "It is the empathy born of long acquaintance and deep friendship that is of true value. One which Nyota has expressed to me, and all of you in unfailing measure."

Jim and Len readily agreed, not grudgingly, either, and Audrey and Christine had uttered silent sighs of relief.

When alone, Audrey confided her reservations to Jim who said: "I want a lady who will keep me grounded and bolster my spirits. You have always done both. You have patience and humor beyond expression, Audrey, and anything else would fall way short of the mark."

Audrey grinned. "I needed to hear that."

"You do remind me of someone, though." Jim said softly, after a long pause, eyes sparkling with humor and affection.

"Who is that?" Audrey asked, frankly curious.

"Luke's soulmate ... Mara Jade."

With an ecstatic squeal, Audrey pounced.

Elsewhere, Len was telling Christine: "I've never met a woman more compassionate or caring than you, Christine. You're forthcoming without being a nag."

She laughed. "I hope not!"

"I don't want a paragon, Chris. Just a down-home real woman."

She laughed again. "Len, that is one interesting criteria."

Meanwhile, Nyota was being demonstrably grateful for Spock's sincere affirmation of her genuine worth, via many and lingering caresses.

"You just say the most incredible things about me!!" She enthused.

"They are invariably true." He answered, hugging her nearer.

"Spock, love, I could just eat you up." She whispered and kissed him thoroughly.

++++

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    "It is the empathy born of long acquaintance and deep friendship that is of true value. One which Nyota has expressed to me, and all of you in unfailing measure."

Aww, but that line was just spot on! He knows just what to say, it's true. :p [face_love] Yet, all of the boys were spot on with their words here. [face_mischief] :p

That was a great coda to the episode! The perfect way to kick off a Sunday morning. [face_love]=D= [:D]

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Wonderful sweet moments! I feel spoiled whenever i come here ツ

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks--guys who know they've found the ones they've been meant for will always find the smooth words to say LOL

~~~~~
    In the days of their early friendship, Spock had seen Nyota in a swimming match – unofficial – with friends. She had been wearing a leopard print bathing suit, and he had not been able to get that look – that undeniably appealing look – out of his mind.
    The water droplets had clung to her skin and made the suit’s outlines more flatteringly snug.

This unexpected quandry had led him to be uncharacteristically curt with her the next time they had seen one another.

She had frowned at his tone and asked if something were wrong.

He had responded staunchly that, of course, there was not.

At an official function a week later, she had been wearing a near-backless evening gown of the lightest purple.

He had not been able to keep his eyes from her then, either.

“Dance with me, please?" She had asked lowly. “I want to keep the idiots at bay…” She winked.

He had wondered if that were the only reason for her request …

~*~*

Now, with their relationship at a new and deeper level, he watched with avid appreciation as she donned the bathing suit that had been so distracting previously.

“Nyota, did you know that I saw you in that particular outfit before?”

“Really?”

“Yes.” He answered and related the incident. “You were exceedingly diverting in it, and I could not get the image of you out of my mind. That is why I was so brusque with you subsequently.”

She laughed. “That explains it! I was frankly puzzled.”

“And the function a week later, when you asked to dance … I’ve often wondered if you had an unstated reason beyond the one you gave, of wanting to stave off unwanted attention.”

She blushed and admitted: “I wanted to be held by you in full view but without undue curiosity for the reasons. You looked downright edible in your dress uniform…”

“You were stunning in your evening attire, as well.” Spock added.

Nyota smiled softly. “We were full of undertones back then, darling.”

He kissed her warmly. “Now, those have changed to become something altogether different.”

“Stop that or I won’t want to go for my swim.” Nyota said huskily.

He caressed her shoulder. “Go ahead… ashal-veh. I’ll be awaiting your return.”

She shivered in anticipation. “I won’t be long.”

+++++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Even though I hate dancing myself - unless it is me on my own in a dark forest for religious reasons - I LOVE reading about dancing couples. [face_love]

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww how ... well, sweet doesn't seem like a sexy enough word :p I love it!

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I have to second Nat here, very sweet - but there is more to it than that! I loved their mutual attraction (especially his 'brusque-ness in reply :p), and their being able to talk about it later. Those are definitely the good memories! [face_love]

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :) I loved showing the early mutual attraction and his discombobulation [face_laugh] and how they were able to wriggle their toes in the sweet memories later :)

Note: This is a revamp and lengthening of something that went in my diary a few years back.
    “The color of sunshine” is a gorgeous expression borrowed and inspired from Chyntuck—her OC and my dear Nyota have that in common. [face_love]

~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!

Upon meeting Nyota, Sarek was impressed by her beauty, poise, and intelligence. He drew his son aside and spoke softly.
    “I sense a bond between you and the very competent, attractive Lieutenant?”

Spock gave a nod of assent. “Yes. It seemed to form of its own, early in our acquaintance. We were quite amenable as colleagues and friends. Feelings then developed rather naturally from that standpoint onward, to something much deeper. She is as the starlight on flowing streams – emotionally and mentally. She refreshes and provides unfailing succor.”

Sarek’s eyes shone with appreciation and gratification. “Your Mother spoke of her at more than one point. She surmised there was something between you. I reserved final judgment, but I am pleased to see she was correct.”

“She always had a consistent flair for such conclusions.” Spock said, and the two shared a comfortable moment of fond remembering.

The following day, Sarek spoke to Nyota personally and expressed his approbation of their bond.

Nyota felt a welling up of gladness. She had wondered when she saw father and son in close conversation the prior evening what Sarek’s opinion would be of their relationship.
    She beamed. “I am so very happy to hear that. Spock is a haven and my heart’s dearest joy and treasure.” She blushed. “I apologize for the lyrical ebullience, Ambassador.”

Sarek raised an amused brow. “I became accustomed to it.”

She grinned. “You both share a lot of things in common, you know? I see a lot of you in your son.”

Sarek’s glance showed his pride. “I am honored you think so. He has never ceased to make me and his mother proud.”

Nyota smiled even more, her eyes tender. “I can well imagine.”

“I understand you are helping with the archives.?” Sarek observed, indicating the moderate sized stack of files Nyota was holding.

“Yes! I love being able to peruse all the history and legends that were able to be retrieved for your museums and libraries. They belong here, in your new colony, not scattered across the sectors.” She rolled her eyes. “I am enjoying helping out with the more esoteric translations.”

“We hope to continue to add to our store of knowledge. This is a new beginning.” Sarek replied thoughtfully.

When it came time to depart, Sarek bade farewell to Spock and Nyota, simultaneously. “Can I write to you, Ambassador?” Nyota asked impulsively.

“I would be very pleased if you would, Lieutenant.”

“Nyota, please…”

“Then you must reciprocate…” Sarek responded and she nodded, smiling happily.

Spock and she spoke leisurely of the individual conversations with Sarek later that evening.

Nyota was softly strumming the lyre – her feet tucked under her. She made quite the relaxed, contented picture.

“So you compared me to the starlight on streams, Spock?”

“I did, indeed. I could also compare you to the color of sunshine on Vulcan’s spring meadows; transient as they were, they were precious and long-looked for when they came.”

“Oh!” She exclaimed and set the harp aside. “I love you, to ridiculous, absurd bits – my scrumptious cuddle buns!”

He raised an amused brow and gathered her most willingly into his embrace. “I treasure you beyond expression, Nyota.” He murmured, between gentle, revering kisses.

++++++

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, this was just lovely! [face_love] I remember reading this the first time, but it was even better the second time through. I loved the warmth of their relationship - all around. Sarek's awareness, and even Amanda's still tangible touch on his life - accustoming him to 'human' wordings, and adding to his perceptiveness, made me just smile to see.

But, some of your turns of phrase really just made this update - such as the 'colour of sunshine' and 'starlight on streams'. Just beautiful. [face_love]=D=

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I love Sarek bonding with Nyota so quickly!

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks! I love the warmth between and among all concerned. Nice snuggy couple and family moments. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  15. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Starlight on flowing streams... [face_love] Enough said!

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Current Prompt: Starts with “I” and ends with “You” – woot, echoes a famous SW line from ANH. ;)

~~~!

Audrey scowled. “It’s an up-to-no-good fool who insists that Security details remain outside the conference chamber!”

Picard nodded – feeling frustrated as well. “They claim,” He emphasized the word, “that it shows good faith.”

“Hmmph! McCoy said what it showed was gullibility and insanity.” She commented with a wry laugh. “What they don’t know is I have a couple of personnel armed with specialized weapons. They are there, ostensibly, to participate in the talks to settle sectorial disputes, but they are prepared for anything unexpected.”

“But, as usual,” Picard replied, “We hope the precautions will be unnecessary.”

When the debate became heated, and someone made a threatening move towards Jim, Sulu’s hand shot out with a long fencing rapier, disguised to look like a tie pin, and it landed with painful accuracy, forestalling the assailant.

Someone simultaneously was sneaking up on Spock’s left side, and Nyota’s quick move stopped him in his tracks! Her weapon slipped into her hand from a concealed sleeve holster, and she fired before he took more than a couple steps.

“What was all that blooming nonsense about good faith?” Jim remarked sardonically.

Audrey burst in and rushed over. “I was going to say: “I’m here to rescue you” but I see it’s not necessary.”

Jim wrapped an arm around her. “You did that a long time ago, sweetheart.”

“Charmer.” She grinned, happily, and with relief.

With apologies from the highest-ranking officials, the talks resumed, and this time without a problem or attempted sabotage.

Nyota was wound up in knots. “If I hadn’t seen that thug …” She said, her cup of caramel mocha untouched. “Then, what? I can’t get all the scenarios out of my head. By the beard of Gimli, I love you! If anything had happened …” She broke off and wrapped him up in a fierce hug.

Spock rubbed her shoulders, and under his deft touch, the tension melted. He sent calming waves of tranquility to her, and her racing jumble of thoughts stilled.

They shared a long kiss or several, and he drew back slightly to comment: “The beard of Gimli … you do arrive at some innovative expressions, Nyota.”

She laughed. “He has always been my favorite, because of his friendship with Legolas and his deep admiration towards the Lady of the Golden Wood.”

Nyota was now able to finish her hot beverage and they retired for the night – peacefully.

+++++++

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Wow! But you are fast. :eek: For which I am most certainly not complaining. ;)

Whew! It is good to see that the violence was circumvented so smoothly. Good faith indeed! o_O

Audrey burst in and rushed over. “I was going to say: “I’m here to rescue you” but I see it’s not necessary.”

Jim wrapped an arm around her. “You did that a long time ago, sweetheart.”

I loved that exchange. [face_love]

And 'by Gimli's beard'! I have to use that one now. [face_laugh] :p

=D=[:D]

18. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    It was so worth it, getting pinged multiple times by song lyrics because our receptionist wanted to listen to country music. *grin*

Loved this! Couples! Security detail in hiding! Hee!!!!!

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Picard! [face_love]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Azure, thanks, ;) and Daena - always nice to see you in my indulgent thread. [face_laugh] Mira--Audrey knows how to be prepared. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Go, Sulu! I just love him :D

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! This had yum all over it! Literally! ;)

~~!

""Confiding in a Friend Followed by All things Chocolate"

After a very successful recon and rescue of stranded scientists, Jim took Nyota aside as they relaxed after-shift.

Nyota is the confidante that Jim knows won’t ever hem and haw but neither will she lack for sympathy. McCoy is a great one for sharing, but you have to wade through hip-level snark to get to the heart of the matter. Audrey … her perspective is desired, always, but she would be directly involved in any future choice so could not be completely objective.

“When will I know it’s time to move on?” He asked her. “To something altogether different? Will it be when the adventure and the thrill is gone?”

“Oh lands! You want to quit before that happens. You don’t want your last memory to be of being apathetic or lackadaisical, though I can hardly imagine you doing that!!” She smiled. “I think you’ll know. The right decisions are always easy to make when it’s time. When the big and the small pictures become slanted and obscured to you … when the small joys and the compassionate choices are no longer enough at the end of the day.“

“How’d you get so wise?” Jim ponders with admiration, taking a long sip of his sweetened iced tea.

She grins and reaches for a fat segment of baked pretzel, then licks the salt from her fingers thoughtfully. “My sister and her husband were in the foster parenting program before they finalized an adoption. She shared a lot with me about burnout and the grieving that comes with having to let go after becoming attached. I figured there’s a lot of that in any career or journey’s path that you love and want to keep loving and celebrating.”

He asks: “Did they burn out?”

Nyota replies: “No, thankfully! But they talked a lot about it and decided an outright adoption was where they wanted to go.”

He observes: “I knew I’d get the perfect blend of sympathy and straight-up from you, Lieutenant.”

“Len would be all thorns and prickles, and Spock too … analytical?” She questions, eyes laughing.

Jim gives her a glance full of mock-surprise. “Did I just hear you say what I think you said? Could he ever be too much of anything for you?”

She laughs. “I know how to … read between the lines on the one hand and coax a more – emotive response when I need one on the other.”

Jim squeezes her hand. “I can just bet!”

They laugh.

Spock comes over at that moment. “I hate to interrupt such a jocular moment…”

Nyota says: “Spock, hi. We were just talking of you.” She assays.

“Indeed?”

“All positive I assure you.” She half-teases.

“When you voluntarily mention such a thing,” Spock rejoins with overt amusement, “I daresay you are alluding to quite the reverse.”

“I’ll tell you later.” She purrs.

“Nyota, Florian finally perfected the recipe you asked him for.”

Nyota leaps up eagerly. “Did he?” She beams. “Oh, I could kiss him, but I think I’ll kiss you instead, but not here.”

Jim laughs and shoos them away. “Go on you two.”

~~!

In their quarters, a beautiful chocolate cobbler awaits: replete with a flaky light crust, swirls of dark and milk chocolate with touches of cinnamon and vanilla, and topped with a golden caramel sauce.

Nyota hums with pleasure at the first bite and Spock can tell she is enjoying each and every bite.

He finds the blend of flavors pleasing also, but Nyota is a connoisseur and lover of chocolate in all varieties.

She tells him of her talk with Jim and concludes: “Then I told him I was able to read between your lines and bring out your more emotive side when I need to.”

He cocks an eyebrow at her, love shining in his gaze as he replies: “It is a gift you possess in full.”

She smiles radiantly, and this grows even wider when he produces a clear-plast bottle. “Florian was able to extract the oils successfully from his private cache.”

“Oh! Chocolate oils!!” Nyota exclaims, with sheer elation. These oils are rare, but once she experienced them, there was no going back!

Warmed in the hands, the wonderful aroma soothes as it is a glorious blend of hazelnut and chocolate and vanilla beans.

Under his amorous and lingering touch, Nyota sighs and purrs. His fingers stroke the decadent mixture in strategic places: pulse points and ticklish spots alike. Then he places kisses therein, enjoying the silk of her skin along with the flavor of chocolate.

“Oh, love, that was marvelous!” She breathes when he is through. “Now, oh joy, it’s my turn!”

Laughter and anticipation flow from he to she as she takes her turn with the precious blend.

All in all, it is a most unabashedly indulgent and mutually enjoyable evening.

+++++++

Chyntuck and AzureAngel2 like this.
  23. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Mmmmm.... [face_love] [face_love] I melted @};-

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Spock too analytical? No never!

:p[face_rofl]

Azure, thanks, ;) and Daena - always nice to see you in my indulgent thread. [face_laugh] Mira--Audrey knows how to be prepared. :D

Yes, you are always indulgent. For all of us. This can possible stop my heavy chocolate addiction.

Chyntuck and Nyota's Heart like this.
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely, all of those new entries.

And guess what? I did when flying home with Emirates from New Zealand watch quite a few episodes of Star Trek on their entertainment system. Loved to see Uhura and Spock in those