main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] "One Love, One Lifetime" Sarek/Amanda (WIP)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 12, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Inspired by this incredible capslock eternally YUMMY!

~

Can you really be here? Is he really here, too, on a transport between your former home and your new one?

How is that possible? Those dark, seemingly cool eyes ... how deceptive. They are full, full of every dear and precious thing.

You can hardly credit it, that your hearts and lives are bound together, but it is so.

How amazing this is!

You take a deep breath and let the wonder, the love, permeate every fiber of your being.

He asked for your life to be bound to his, so gently, so sincerely... How could you refuse? There was never a second's hesitation... The only logical answer was: Yes, I will.

TBC...

+++

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Amanda sure is in love and Sarek too

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! There couldn't be a sweeter opening than this!! Amanda's reflections and answer to his proposal were beautiful! I can't wait to follow this for more. [face_love]

A most excellent title nick, too! PoTO remains one of my favourite musicals to this day. [face_love]

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    And being sung by the inimitable Josh Groban and Kelly Clarkson -- evaporated just hearing that SWEET HARMONY!

Mira_Jade likes this.
  5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, a beautiful vignette to go with a beautiful song, and perfect for the situation and characters—definitely a lovely beginning to a new love and lifetime for Amanda as she's on her way to her new home beside Sarek! @};- (Plus, it's got "love" in the title for the 2020 Reading Challenge, and it's one of yours I haven't read yet—and am so glad I did! :) )

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, it would be totally illogical to say anything but “Yes” to Sarek by Amanda.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "No Other Explanation ..."

Sarek gifted Amanda with a priceless treasure: a greenhouse where the sight and fragrances of blossoming flowers in multicolored hues could dazzle and soothe. He knew of even her unspoken wistfulness for the change of seasons, especially the burgeoning of springtime.

She loved putting her hands in the rich soil, loved watching the buds emerge and become clusters of pink, red, white, yellow, blue, and purple.

And he ... loved her delight.

He proffered no other explanation but that for the gift... and Amanda fell in love all over again.

+++

:D :*

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    It’s the thought that counts in regards to gifts for your love ❤️ and just receiving it for anything is better than for a specific reason.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and she loves flowers (in various books they are mentioned)

10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh what a beautiful gift!! That's what any relationship is, meeting in the middle, which was certainly done here to an exquisite degree. Just lovely! [face_love] =D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "An Invaluable Sounding Board"

During his diplomatic missions, Sarek did not hesitate to confide in Amanda. Her recommendations and insights tin the midst of a sector dispute over mining rights helped to divide the contested areas fairly while also setting up a tangible objective set of standards for accountability.

Little could Sarek have known or surmised that Amanda would prove so invaluable in the professional facets, beyond and above the personal.
    +++

earlybird-obi-wan and RX_Sith like this.
  12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    It is always a good idea to tell your beloved what is happening and I am glad that Sarek is keeping no secrets from Amanda.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    No secrets at all between those two

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ahem. This is slightly inspired by RL events. :p Can you tell by what? [face_mischief]

~

Sarek was away on a mission on a world that suddenly got struck by a virulent outbreak. There were at least a score of recommendations and strategies that were put forth and attempted, half of which he had to arbitrate, trying to be the voice of reason.

He was delayed returning because of a mandatory quarantine.

When he returned to Amanda, she unabashedly hugged him, their bond humming with love and elation.

"Sarek..." she murmured, as he held her tightly. "Did they listen to what you said?"

"Some did, and others did not," Sarek said with a long-suffering tone. "It felt like trial and error more than anything grounded in logic or scientific efficacy."

"Oh, that doesn't sound good. It wasn't as bad as the blind leading the blind, I hope?"

Laughter rippled across their connection. "Ashal-veh, it came rather close to that."

+++
    [face_tee_hee]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
    Mira_Jade and RX_Sith like this.
  15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    another of those nasty encounters. I am glad that they could overcome this again through trial and error

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Loving Sarek's logical approach to things.

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh] :oops: 8-}

Ha! I loved Sarek's logical approach and bemusement when others couldn't do the same. The sly Vulcan humor in the last line had me giggling. What a fitting answer to everything going on in RL right now, and a good laugh to dispel the stress and tension! [face_mischief] ;)

[:D]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thank you so much. I was definitely going for a "dig" at RL situations with that last line. :p

Mira_Jade likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    When Amanda told Sarek they were going to be parents, it was a joyful revelation for her. They had many attempts and had almost despaired of being able to. She had almost resigned herself to the fact ... not that her heart was not full of the sweet wonder and marvel that was the two of them bound together in so many ways.

But it was because of that love she felt that she wanted to grow their family, if at all possible.

She told him she was expecting in a breathless whisper of euphoria.

The light that sparked in his dark eyes and the surge of elation that flowed across their life-bond was all that she could have wished.

She basked in it shamelessly.
    +++
    [face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    I am sure that Sarek showed his emotions no matter how hard it was to suppress them at hearing the news of Amanda being pregnant.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    She felt it and he did show his emotions, a true life-bond