main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Over the Rainbow & Silver Linings! OTPs Viggie Collection & NSW Prompt Entries

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Nov 10, 2017.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun and with love.

Characters: My Trek OTPs [face_laugh]

AN: Seasons of joy will be elucidated, moving from spring to winter.

:cool:

~~~~~~!!!

Spring

Using "Starlight"

"How interesting it will be to see stars on other worlds!" Nyota enthused to her sister when she was accepted to Starfleet. "Still and all, the home constellations will always be the most familiar and loved."

"Sure thing." Kashore agreed. She took a bite of strawberry swirl shortcake. "Moonlight and starlight are sweeter when you have someone to share them with."

Nyota laughed. "Yes, I'm sure." She felt a warm rush of pleasure. Her sister had found the person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

Nyota, not yet.

Her school chums had always teased her, and her male friends had often tried to start a spark.

Nothing happened.

Nyota did not think she was holding out for any one in particular.

She loved two particular classic jazz ballads: Love Walked In and It Could Happen To You.

All I did was wonder how your arms would be, and it happend to me.

Oddly enough, it didn't happen on a starlit spring night, but on a rainy one... she didn't fall then, per se, but simply had the feelings affirmed in a sweet way as being reciprocated!

Always a good nice thing.

+++++
    Frank Sinatra's versions of both are the bestest. :D
    [face_love]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2018
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Spring, the beginnings of everything. For Nyota with a carreer at Starfleet and meeting ...

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Good to see where the romance started. And I suppose someone has to join a starfleet or navy to look at stars differently.

4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    I love the use of the prompt with the addition of the theme of 'spring'. There are plenty of new beginnings here, and the idea of starlight on different worlds was a lovely one. Sharing such joy with a loved one, the right loved one, makes it all the sweeter - Kashore is all too right!

I can't wait to see where the next ficlets go. [face_love][face_dancing][:D]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Using Chill -- for Audrey/Jim

~~~~!!

It was spring on Zorana 8. It was balmy and comfortable. Audrey liked chilly weather with a bite to the air. Spring was nice as long as the mornings were still crispy and the evenings you still needed a jacket. Jim teased her that she liked cold weather just so she could indulge in hot chocolate.

"Hmmm!" Audrey retorted. "I hardly need an excuse to do that, let me tell you. The tang in the air just makes it more delightful."

He grinned. When they returned to their bungalows, he invited her in for a "nightcap." To her delight, it was a tall mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows & whipped cream. He also presented her with a small box of hazelnut cream chocolates.

"I had Florian make these up especially." He confided.

Audrey's eyes glowed. "Jim!" She said and took a bite of the lovely melty confection. It melted as she chewed slowly, savoring every bite.

Jim gazed at her with pleasure seeing how much she enjoyed the treat.

"It's like Ferrero Rocher." She said. "I knew there was a reason I wanted to keep you around."

Jim laughed. "I hope that's not the only reason."

She beamed and they shared a kiss. His spontaneity and sincere thoughtfulness were definitely endearing.

Their love was just beginning, but it was promising to be something they would find worth continuing.

+++++++

6. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Lovely! [face_love] That's definitely one of the perks of cool weather - delicious warm drinks and dessert with someone you love. This was decadently sweet, in more ways than one! What a fantastic use of the prompt, as always. [face_love]=D=

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet use of the prompt, Chill and delicious chocolate to drive the cold away, being with the one you love

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Blessing" features Sarek & Amanda.

~~~!!

Sarek knows she misses the change of seasons; true, in Seattle, they may not change as overtly as in other places; but still... the cherry blossoms in the park -- the shimmer of moonlight on water...
    But her eyes shine with no regrets or recriminations or if-onlies. Only an indescribable joy and tender boundless love.
    This is especially so as she cradles their newborn son with wonder permeating their bond.

When he sends her rare hybrid roses of a rich wine color and double petals, sealed in a hydroponics pod to keep them fresh and dewy, her exclamation of pleasure is worth the effort it took to acquire them. "Sarek, you are so thoughtful!" Amanda exclaims with delight.

"It is simply that I know your tastes and preferences and wished to ..." He breaks off.

"Make me happy! Admit it." She beams.

"That is a sentimental attribution." He objecs.

Amanda just laughs. "Nevertheless I am not changing it!"

He offers no further protest but simply embraces her firmly.
    Amanda feels that the two of them are a blessing, and not in disguise.

+++++

LOL SQUEE!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet with baby Spock and the gift of roses

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Diamonds On Velvet"

Stargazing is a fun pastime for those who are drawn to the stars. Do they really resemble diamonds against black velvet? Jim always thought so and whimsically told Audrey he'd like to give her a "string" of such to wear, or something as iridescent. He presents her with a necklace of shimmering diamonds with a central onyx stone.

She is thrilled. "What's the occasion?"

"Do I need one?" He rejoins.

She grins. "No, but after we've been married a while, I have heard that it would be more like pulling teeth was in the old days to get you to gift me with something even on a genuine, official occasion."

"Hey. You wound me." He teases. "You know me better than that, or I should hope so."

She smiles and desists from the joking mood. "Yes, I do." She answers in all tenderness and affection.

+++++

[face_laugh]

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely gift and banter that follows

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, I missed two of these! :D

Blessings: Aw! Sarek is such a good husband in this. Yes, Amanda has no regrets, but the gesture of home here is made all the sweeter with him trying to give her everything to make her comfortable, nonetheless. Beautiful! [face_love]

Diamonds: Jim would be a spontaneous gifter, there's no doubt about it! I love the warmth and the teasing between him and Audrey here. [face_love]

Beautiful work, as always! [:D]=D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Season - Summer
    "She Already Knows"

AN: Yuppers, the line in my siggy is truex2 again, still.

In honor of the gooification that has begun with:
    Awakenings by Chyntuck [face_love]

~~~!!

Spock occasionally recalls the bone-crushing, heart-stopping times when regaining Nyota safe and whole again was problematic, hanging by a figurative thread. It seemed as if through no fault of her own, she fell prey to various and sundry perils, although this never dampened her enthusiasm for exploring and discovering. The thought of nearly losing her was too daunting to entertain, much less if it had occurred in fact.

This realization comes at moments of deep serenity, as he basks in her joy of the sweet pleasures of family and friends being together.

One such is on a weekend evening.

Nyota catches this thought and smiles as she piles a platter of s'mores for Khio'ri and her group of friends in the common room. She does not have to wonder if her bondmate would upturn heaven and earth to keep her at his side. She already knows. This indisputably happy fact makes her put down the extra-gooey desserts and enfold him in a tight hug. Their kisses become protracted to the point that Khio'ri and her best friend, Melvina, come into the cooking area.

Melvina is at that age when everything her parents does embarrasses her, so she gives Khio'ri a look as if to say: Ewww!

Khio'ri simply raises an affectionate brow as she picks up the platter, as if to say: I'm used to it.

+++++

[face_laugh]

[face_love]

@Mira_Jade and @earlybird-obi-wan [face_batting]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love][face_love]

Aww, the kids! And the adults, of course, but still: the kids! :D

That was too adorable for words! - and Nyota's right on the money: he'd move heaven and earth for her, indeed! There's that wonderful self-sacrificing bond between the entire crew that moves them to take care of each other - it's one of my favourite things about their dynamic, but it's even more here, and it's lovely. And the beauty of their close calls means that moments like these when they can just enjoy what they have are all the sweeter, that's for sure. [face_love]

This was a heart-warming piece, as always! [face_love][:D]

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    kids and their observations, great

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "Jim… you seem a million miles away." Audrey commented. "Skylar loved his classic Corvette. The red and black color is amazing! He told me he'll be sure to zip on down the Pacific Coast Highway this weekend."

Jim's distracted look dissolved in a laugh. Thankfully, their twin girls, Amber and Valory, were not old enough to drive. They were in primary school.

He sighed. "Feeling more than a bit nostalgic." He confided. "They decommissioned the original Enterprise. I knew it was coming in general, but still."

Audrey's eyes glowed with commiseration. "Oh, I bet that did cause more than a small pang!" She exclaimed and slid closer on the sofa to give him a spontaneous hug. "Actually, Nyota commed me a day or so ago letting me know it was pending. I didn't know exactly when."

"McCoy and I went to have a "last look." Jim grinned. "You know him. He was able to keep the tone light."

She laughed. "And snarky! I can so believe that."

"Sometimes it feels life is just zipping along at breakneck speed. I want to enjoy the "ride" and feel I am, but still … I hate it when actual doors close on a particular part of something that meant so much to me."

"As long as we can indulge in reminiscing, though, the doors aren't really closed." Audrey assured. "I know your mind can accept that. The heart has a little bit more problem though. I know mine does and it's completely understandable."

He gave her a tender look. "Audrey, you are a fount of wisdom!" He winked.

She smiled and blushed. "I do try."

He gave her a quick kiss and said: "What say we grab the last two slices of Dutch apple pie before the kids get back from the concert?"
    Cynara and Gregg had taken the girls to a concert in the park.

"Some things, however, never change." She teased and followed him to the cooling unit. "You know I am not able to resist apple pie in any form!"

"As to that, I know your arm is pure rubber." He laughed, grabbing a couple of plates. "Then again, so is mine."

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww, what a bittersweet moment for Kirk and Audrey. I know that has to feel like the end of an era, but the Enterprise did lead to everything they have now, and they will always have their memories. [face_love]

Beautiful! [face_love]

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tags for @earlybird-obi-wan and @Mira_Jade - blooming edit title thingy still not possible yet :eek: but could not wait to use "Intrepid"

Jim had been intrepid indeed when he met Audrey's folks. But they had been no match for his unfailing charm and genuine sincerity.

They could not put on their daunting airs of protectiveness "You may be full of yourself but you will have to prove your mettle." But his reputation for brilliant leadership and fair and consistent finding of the best solution in a tight crisis impressed them so much that they could not deny a healthy dose of admiration.

Then when Valory and Amber came along, it was complete! unabashed spoiling of the grandlings.

Audrey smiled as she shared these musings with Nyota over a platter of decadent indulgences, not a dessert this time, but Nacho French Fries.

"Speaking of that word Intrepid, it too has been decommissioned as a ship and turned into a museum of sorts. It was the first interspecial ship holding Vulcans and other non-Terrans. I asked Spock once if he would have preferred working and serving aboard her."

Audrey laughed. "And what did he say to that?"

Nyota's eyes danced. "He said in that inimitably wonderful way of his that preferences did not enter into the situation."

Audrey beamed. "I suppose with Jim as the Captain and you being there pretty much made it beyond question."

Nyota gave a dreamy sigh. "I like to think so." She snagged the final fry and said thoughtfully: "You and I truly found the best life-mates possible."

Audrey agreed: "So true!"

+++++++

Mira_Jade likes this.
  19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, I like the dual fulfillment of the prompt - both through what is quintessentially a Jim trait, and the ship itself! Wonderful.

The consideration of what-ifs was fascinating, that said - and I loved Spock's response, of course :p - but the ladies have it right. There's no where better they could have been! Beautiful. [face_love] [face_love]

=D=

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great use of Intrepid.
    The ladies are right. The Enterprise is the best for the men and women

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    This is an AU of my storyline LOL but I couldn't resist. Thanks to @brodiew for providing the context.

@earlybird-obi-wan [face_batting]
    and @Mira_Jade -- thanks again for fixing the title. @};-

~~~!!

After that emotional and somewhat ranty but very cathartic message, Nyota didn't hear anything back. Did you really expect to?! She demanded of herself.

Still and all, she didn't feel the tummy tumbling despair she had thought to, nor the resignation, either.

Jim and Leo had been encouraging. Give it time, they'd said. Time?! She'd thought. What does that mean anyway? Time...

But she'd gone home and felt enfolded in her family's love and nurturance.

Her mother had gotten a severe case of URI from being on an ultra-cold world rather like Hoth. But now back in a temperate climate, she was fast on the mend.

One evening, Nyota had finished making one of her family's favorite dishes, mushroom and onion risotto with sage, and a dessert of apple dumpling, when the door chime sounded.

And who should be on the other side but the one her heart had longed for and dreamed of ...

Karabast, she thought, her heart in her throat, and suddenly all her lifelong articulateness quite gone.

But the beaming smile on her lips and in her eyes spoke for her in any event.

"Did you never think of us?" Spock asked by way of greeting. "Nyota, you posed that question, and now finally I think I am in a position to tell you in all veracity."

She gulped.

Am I ready for this? She asked with an inner pang and braced herself.

"Come in, then." She said and proffered a cup of sweet tea with sprigs of mint.

++++

TBC ...
    Yummy talk forthcoming.

[face_love]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    brodiew likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Part 2

He looked at Nyota. She was glowing with surprised pleasure. She looked as he had last seen her, elegant and lissome. If he had not known or guessed, he would have thought his departure had left no mark on her emotions, but he could tell from the tumult in their resurgent connection if not from her all-too-blunt message.

He had been astounded at its tempestuous flow but not at its import.

He continued: "You are all that I thought of, continually. That is why I had to leave without as the saying goes, a by-your-leave. The longer I stayed away, however, the more I realized how essential you are. I have requested to rejoin the Enterprise again. My 'sabbatical' is at an end."

"You're not going to go away at the next opportune moment, are you?" She demanded, understandably.

"If I leave - it will only be on condition that you accompany me. I believe tangible evidence would not go amiss. I had this commissioned." He reached into a large padded satchel and withdrew a painting.

Nyota gasped.

It was a painting made from a holostill of the two of them at the beach. They had been with Yolette and Sulu at the time, and Yolette had taken the "snap."

He had his hand on her shoulder and she was laughing into the 'cam. Her eyes had met his with a tender sharing of a totally carefree tranquil moment.

Nyota did not even recall what had been amusing but she did not need to. The casual but comfortable intimacy of the moment spoke volumes.

But it was the title that made her heart leap with gladness: The Lovers.

He cupped her face as she wrapped herself around him and returned his kiss with relieved exuberance.

"Yes," She breathed, "This definitely is a giant step forward."

She sent Leo a euphoric comm-message and mysteriously put the following at the end:

"Since you helped stir things up and get communication going between us, Leo, I am more than grateful! I am not sure I would've moved to send such a forthright message without your talking to. So with deep and fond gratefulness, I thank you for helping ones who were chest-deep in the River DeNile." She laughed and appended this:

:hera: :kanan: :chopper:

++++

[face_laugh]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    brodiew likes this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great to see that the message helped. Nice merging with Brodiew's story

24. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    The message worked! It's nice to see that Spock came to his senses. The painting is a wonderful token of his affections. Well done, Nyota!

25. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww! There was so much warmth and heart in these two updates, and they tied in perfectly with brodie's story.

First, I can definitely imagine Nyota's what were you expecting? attitude following the message - and then her nerves flaring up with she sees that Spock has seen fit to answer her, in person! Prior, her throwing herself into her family was just beautiful. Sometimes, that's all there is to be done. [face_love]

But then we have Spock - and what a beautiful touch that painting was, and very reminiscent of another couple who speaks largely through art. [face_mischief][face_love] I particularly love that Spock is not inclined to such gestures simple for the sake of doing something romantic - there's a meaning assigned to his actions, and he definitely captured everything you'd want to say with an apology and hope for there being a clear step forward to take. Well done!

Then, to take the emotions full circle, her message to McCoy at the end was just all sorts of sweet! Thank goodness for their friendship, right? ;) [face_laugh][face_love]

This was fantastic, lovely work as always! It's always a treat when writers can inspire each other with stories like this. =D=[:D]