main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Stellar Journeys (UDC 8) Completed.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Week Two

This was quite the enjoyable interplay between teacher and student, indirectly highlighting the burden we place on educators when they mark about thirty bits of work, per class, and the good, or damage, that they can do to a child with their response.

I liked the tacit "when you get to university", as well as the offer of referrals! A nice touch.

Nyota has some lucky parents. A child that is open and expressive about her school day, and not one that routinely compresses the highs, lows, playground antics, and any new things learned, into, "It was alright".

Very good piece.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    First off, congratulations on completing the challenge! That's no small feat! (Say's someone who still needs to get her muse into gear and wrap her own drabbles up. :p) Once again, this was such a creative way of tackling the prompts - I've enjoyed every one of them.

And, as for some particulars . . .

Week 16 - I loved how poetic your prose was in this one. And it's too true - the water, the lighting, the company; you definitely hit all the high points of sailing! [face_love] But, once again, it was the relationships that shone out in this one. I loved Jim's line about rehearsing, and Audrey getting to know her sister is something I'll never get over. Just beautiful. =D=

Week 17 - Oh, that just tickled my Tolkien muse something fierce; it's been too long! [face_love][face_love] I love Nyota's being intrigued as to the world of dreams - and of course she would have some vivid ones to keep track of! I especially love the paradise returned line at the end. Lovely. [face_love]

Week 18 - The banter over dinner!!! Or, rather, Amanda's attempts at dinner! Sarek was still very in character all the while, but with all the warmth and veracity you'd expect in a marriage. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this one! :D

Week 19 - Denial is not just a river in Egypt, it seems! [face_laugh][face_love] And McCoy can admit it - he has a soft spot, we all know it. :p I love the crew coming back to work together professionally again, as well. Just like old times, indeed! [face_love]

Week 20 - Sounds like a crisis adverted for Christine! [face_laugh] But I'm glad she got things settled, and is moving on with McCoy. That's definitely a future I'm all sorts of interested about. [face_thinking]

Each one of these was a delight to read! Thanks for sharing, as always! [face_love]=D=

[:D]

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira thanks for the warm and detailed review. I enjoyed working the drabbles up as a running connected mini short story each time ;) :cool: to me, the relationships are the most fascinating part of any story. :D