main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] "The Charm of Spring" MMM Entry, One-Shot.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, May 6, 2019.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota -- Disclaimer: Borrowing with love.
    Notes: This is for the MMM Spring challenge. A long-standing couple tradition is detailed. :D

~~

Nyota cradled the wine-colored tea rose and inhaled the subtle but lovely fragrance. It was a hybrid, created by the joint efforts of Hikaru Sulu and Yolette Boudreaux. The botanical talents of one had merged and accentuated the engineering skills of the latter, and the result was a wonderfully efficient, well-arranged, and gorgeous hydroponics garden.

"This is absolutely exquisite, Hikaru!" Nyota complimented happily. "Hybrids can be tricky under the best of circumstances."

"My Aunt and Uncle have a bonsai farm," Sulu answered. "So I grew up surrounded by challenging yet rewarding artistic botanical wonders."

"I believe it," Nyota responded. "And working with Yolette, I can imagine you didn't object to the opportunity. If I'm not mistaken, something's sparking there with you guys." She winked.

"Now that you mention it," Sulu grinned. "You must have couple-radar, Nyota."

Nyota laughed. "It's just that I want my friends to be as happy as I am."

Nyota and Christine were enjoying chocolate, caramel milkshakes after shift.

"I loved the latest stop-over on Dolvus 2." Nyota told Christine. "It was spring, and I was on the landing team and after the mission wound down, I took a stroll through a meadow overflowing with wildflowers of every hue! It was marvelous, surrounded by all that lush color and fragrance."

"Did you enjoy gardens and such growing up?" Christine asked.

"Oh, yes. My mom loved planting roses, although it was a challenge where we lived, let me tell you!" Nyota sighed. "I'm not always going to be on the away team, and it likely will not be spring every time, either." She trailed off wistfully.

Naturally, Spock was aware of this pensive frame of mind and wished to soothe it.

The love of nature and growing things was something Spock had also been acquainted with since childhood; his mother was delighted with flowers and plants, and Sarek had a hothouse/greenhouse built especially for her.

He began the long-running tradition of bringing Nyota a bloom of whatever flowers are in season, if it is fortunate enough to be early spring to high summer.
    This gesture thrilled and incredibly touched Nyota, and she saved these lovely gifts in her box of couple-focused mementos.

Upon the first occasion of bringing her a peach colored bloom with star-shaped petals, he said: "I wish to assure you there is absolutely no sentimental motivation behind the gift."

"If you say so, darling." Nyota laughed and put the flower in a vase, then melted into his embrace.

++++

Findswoman and Raissa Baiard like this.
  2. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    What sweet springtime scenes, and what a sweet springtime tradition! Not only is there definite, sincere "sentimental motivation" behind Spock's tradition of giving Nyota blooms from the in-season flowers ( ;) ), but I also see that it's a tradition that he's carrying on from his own family. And the circle of springtime life and renewal definitely continues, as it looks like a flower-related romantic tradition may be in Hikaru and Yolette's future, too! :D Beautiful little contribution to MMM, and totally in that springtime spirit. =D=

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely with all the Spring-time traditions

4. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Aw so sweet! I love the way the flowers are a thread that connects not just the individual characters in the relationships but also the stories to each other. @};-@};-@};-

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! [face_love]

You know how much I adore this one, my friend! As fantastic as it is living on a starship exploring the ways of space, some planet-based things such as seasons and naturally growing things are hard to leave behind. I really appreciate how this is a sentiment felt by more than Nyota. Sulu is clearly in the same boat as her, and he's found a way to bring a bit of what they've left behind to the Enterprise. Spock too, is not being 'sentimental' (o_O :p [face_laugh] [face_whistling]) in his giving flowers to Nyota - he is just seeing an emotional need in his partner and fulfilling it. Of course. But, the gesture is just so, so dear! I loved the softness and sweetness of this one, more than I can say. [face_love]

[:D] =D=