main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] "Things I Just Had to Say" for the OTP Challenge 5 plus 1 ~Sarek/Amanda~

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 17, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Things I Just Had to Say

Characters: Sarek/Amanda --

OTP challenge Five+One where she expresses affection and caring spontaneously and sincerely; the one time he did.

Disclaimer: Borrowing the characters with warmest affection.

1. Amanda was not as her friends liked to tease her "twitterpated", not at all, thank you.

But she just had to comm Sarek at least once a day and it would be less than honest if she were to claim she did not enjoy the sound of his voice, find the serenity of his gaze restful and soothing after a long day.

When she told him she was going to the wine country in the Pacific Northwest, she signed off with a warm, "I'll enjoy my time in that lovely place and I'll miss you until I return. Holocomm signals are sometimes erratic."

----

2. Sarek was going on a mission to resolve tensions with the Orions which had a tendency to flare up every now and again. He told Amanda they had a "most irrational habit" of needing to have the last word in a diplomatic discussion.

Knowing such things could unpredictably turn violent, Amanda said softly, "Be safe now. I'd hate to hear you had to land in the medward."

He answered, "I have a well-trained and trustworthy security staff."

----

3. Sarek showed up at her conapt with a bouquet of rosy-pink and lavender calla lillies when he hears via mutual acquaintances that she has just recovered from a nasty bout of flu, which she caught while visiting a cousin on a newly terraformed mini-planet in the asteroid belt. Things were rather rustic out there. (Very much something you'd like to experience for the novelty, she said to her sister Sondra, but nowhere you'd want to live.)

Amanda was recovering and ready to resume her normal routine, which she is doing gradually per doctor's recommendation.

"Oh, thank you!" She smiled warmly. She clasped his hands and said, "You shouldn't have. But I appreciate it nonetheless."

He raised a brow and asked, "I shouldn't have? What is the meaning of that particular expression, I have often wondered?"

She laughed. "It means you acknowledge the person went to the expense of time and effort to do something thoughtful, which you appreciate and didn't expect."

"Ah. That is clearer now."

"These are so beautiful and my favorite colors. This will definitely brighten up the room. The only thing that has lifted my spirits even more so is seeing you."

----

4. Amanda knows that Sarek will be officially notifying all who must know of their desire to forge a life-bond. When he tells her he has done this, she embraces him enthusiastically and says, "Oh, I am so happy. I do love you madly."

He holds her close and basks in her joy.

---

5. Sarek and Amanda enjoy botanical gardens and stroll through one such filled with tulips. The moon above is half full.

He comments on the fact that moon glow has a fascinating influence, inspiring songwriters and poets alike to write "indisputably sentimental" lines of verse.

"It doesn't hurt and often serves to set the mood," Amanda agrees. "I can only imagine the effect is doubled or tripled on a world with more than one moon."

Amanda hums a ballad called "By the Light of the Silvery Moon."

When Sarek asks for the lyrics in curiosity, she sings them in a light contralto.

He says with gentle amusement, "Yes, definitely sentimental."

----

1. They discussed halving their life together partly on her world and partly on his. He knew she would miss the turn of the seasons and the forested hills and sunswept ocean views, as well as being close to her family.

She told him she would make her home on his world permanently, full time. He glanced at her and probed their bond for any nuance of hesitance.

He realized the ramifications of this decision and murmured, "I do cherish you and all you have brought into my life."

She beamed and felt a rush of love at the genuineness of the declaration; feeling quite breathlessly speechless she found it sufficient to say tenderly: "I know. I've always known."

==++

SQUEE!
    :)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    A lovely set of drabbles, Nyota. I think number 3 was my favourite regarding the misunderstanding about 'you shouldn't have'.@};-

3. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Lovely use of the 5+1 form here! [face_love] Dear old Sarek, you can tell he’s trying his best with this affection thing, and even in the earlier installments he’s getting the idea (e.g., when he brings Amanda the flowers), even though his Vulcan mind doesn’t always quite get some of the verbal ways we Humans express affection (“you shouldn’t have,” for example, which is one that I know some Humans even wonder about). All of it makes his profession of love in the last section all the more precious and meaningful! Beautiful job, as always, and thanks so much for being part of this challenge. =D=

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Some nice glimpses into their relationship. :)

Kahara likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the very nice reviews. @};- This OTP challenge has been a blast to write for and read based upon. :D

Kahara likes this.
  6. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    I absolutely love this image. [face_love]

So sweet and beautiful and a lovely response to the challenge! =D=

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    These were a sheer delight, and the last one particularly. :D

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    brodiew, amidalachick and Kahara like this.
  8. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Sarek may have invented all kinds of logical excuses for courting and marrying Amanda, but the truth is he married her for one reason, and one reason only. He loved her. And in Journey To Babel he even admits as much.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! One of my favorite episodes. :D

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Oops missed these lovely views into their lives