main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek: TNG] After a Long Day, Varied Fun! For Vek Talis, Fic-Gift.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 15, 2018.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by WarmNyota.
    Disclaimer: I am borrowing for fun and with affection.

AN: This is for the NSW portion of the fic-gift exchange.
    Giftee @Vek Talis:

Request features:
    "1. Three things to include:
    1) A visit to the Holodeck
    2) A visit to 10 Forward
    3) A bubble bath for Troi
    2. One thing you don’t want: Jean-Luc in his underwear.
    3. The main characters you want in your fic-gift (no more than three) Q, Jean-Luc & Troi
    4. A character you don’t want in your fic-gift No Wesley Crusher."

Jean-Luc liked unwinding in Ten Forward. There was an air of leaving the day's cares and even rank on the other side. Crewmembers of various and diverse ranks mingled and socialized over snakcs, some at a gourmet level, others just plain "junk".

He settled into a booth with LaForge, O'Brien, and Keiko and shared a platter of short ribs and potato wedges. He declined the sushi platter Keiko was enjoying.

Picard felt that much of the ambience was due to the warm, wise influence of Guinan. She was a soothing presence and a ready confidante.

He recalled one occasion when he'd had too much to drink celebrating after a successful mission and thought Q. had arrived in the middle of his Bermuda Sunrise.

Q. had regaled them with tales of other dimensions and twists and turns in the time continuum and even spoke of a place called MiddleEarth.

"And there was another place I 'visited', where someone named Jar-Jar Binks was Supreme Chancellor." Q. concluded.

When Jean-Luc thought he spied Lwaxana in the next booth, he knew it was time to quit!

After that particular incident, he hadn't had another Sunrise!

Riker was enjoying a trip to the Holodeck. He was immersing himself in the adventures of Lando Calrissian and trying his best to win at sabacc. How different could it be from poker?

After three hands where Lando and then Lobot won, Riker decided the deck must be rigged and quit the program.

That wasn't very relaxing, Will thought with disgust.

He returned to the crew quarters' deck.

Will suddenly found himself, accidentally on purpose, outside Troi's quarters.

It was no infrequent thing that his thoughts turned to Deanna in idle moments.

Troi was enjoying a buble bath. It was lavender-scented, and her dark tresses floated on the steaming waters.

Every ounce of the day's stress melted away. Being an empath made her susceptible to the ups and downs of others' moods. She could and did shield, but it was draining work. Her warm and gentle nature made the Counseling profession a natural choice and it was rewarding more often than not.

She emerged from the bath clad in a very silky mauve night-outfit with flattering lace accents when the door chimed.

"Yes?" She invited, wondering who it was.

"Am I coming at a bad time?" Will asked, standing in the doorway and drinking her in. Gods, but she was lovely!

Deanna smiled, "You're always welcome, Will." She said.

His eyes widened. "Really?"

She laughed, the sultry sound doing odd things to his senses. Why had they parted ways, again? He wondered muzzily.

He entered, letting the doors slide shut.

"I like your hair that way." He said. "All loose and down."

She blushed.

"Would you like a drink?"

"Thanks, whatever you're having."

They talked over vanilla Chai and Will decided this was the best way to de-stress, better by far than losing at a game with confusing rules!

+++

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    Kahara and Vek Talis like this.
  2. Vek Talis

Vek Talis Jedi Master star 3

Oct 12, 2018
    They talked over vanilla Chai and Will decided this was the best way to de-stress, better by far than losing at a game with confusing rules!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    So jealous of Riker right now.

She emerged from the bath clad in a very silky mauve night-outfit with flattering lace accents

=P~ @};- Sweet Troi.

And [face_laugh] at Q talking about Jar Jar Binks.

And [face_rofl] at Jean-luc knowing it's time to quit drinking when he thinks he sees Lwaxana!

Very sweet and awesome. Thank you very much for the gift, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha =D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  3. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    Fun story! I always enjoy seeing characters get to relax :)

Ha! I feel like this request is really tempting fate.... I'd be afraid of ending up with everyone except Jean-Luc in their underwear, or maybe Jean-Luc in just a towel... [face_thinking]

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the relaxing moments and the fun at the different universes

5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw! What a fun, sweet vig. These characters definitely have every reason to enjoy their hard won rest and relaxation, and I appreciate how varied it was for every crew member. I was chuckling out lout at Riker losing his rounds of sabacc, and Q knowing a 'verse with Jar Jar in charge! :eek: [face_laugh] But the sweetest part of this really was Riker and Troi. I can't blame the man for being smitten - look at her! - and their relationship picking up so easily and warmly as that, even as friends, has to be as clear a sign as any that some things shouldn't be given up on. [face_whistling] [face_love]

Lovely work, as always! [face_love] =D= [:D]

6. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Write it! I dare you! [face_laugh]

Kahara, Mira_Jade , Tarsier and 2 others like this.
  7. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Everyone needs to recharge sometimes, especially if they’re all technically stuck on a spaceship together. ;) The moment of tranquility that the characters are enjoying really permeates this tale.

Jean-Luc is happy surrounded by friends and good food, which seems rather fitting though I don’t know much about him. (Loved his past mishaps with mystery visions -- I agree that the Bermuda Sunrise is best avoided in that case! Though one has to wonder if they accidentally mixed a Tatooine Sunrise given the Jar-Jar element… crossover by alcohol. :p )

And Will may have started out on the wrong foot (LOL, playing against Lobot and Lando is guaranteed to end badly even when they’re AI’s ;) ) but he figures out where he really wants to be eventually. Sounds like he just needed a moment or two to reflect and realize that he truly misses Deanna.

Being an empath surrounded by others’ emotions does sound like it could get exhausting -- from what I’ve heard it’s hard enough for non-empaths who work in counseling! Deanna is clearly used to dealing and has a nice calming routine for her hours off, but Will’s appearance is obviously a welcome surprise. It looks like this will end up bringing some good changes for both of them. [face_love]

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Kahara [:D] :D Thanks for your lovely and on-target insights. The sense of tranquility is just what I was aiming for and definitely wanting to set Will/Deanna in a new relationship direction. :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
    Kahara likes this.