main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction CLOSED STAR TREK: Voyages of the Ulysses

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Kurisan, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Talia nodded acknowledgement of the order and began activating the links from the remote unit to the main computer on Ulysses.

Contact was re-established between the computers. Talia threw a look at Spock and Kimi, and in a rare show of drama, whispered, "Here goes nothing..."

She pressed the activation commands to begin the upload.

Meanwhile, Kimi was very interested in I'Nart. But tomorrow morning seemed so far away. "I wondered, is there anything else I could explore in the city?"

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Spock watched the upload with satisfaction.

I'Nart gave a nod in answer to Kimiko's question. "There are archives and museums dedicated to our world's culture and history. I can provide you with a map and entry passes. There are kiosks to purchase refreshments in the same district."

@Kurisan

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  3. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Kimi hopped from one foot to the other and looked to Mr Spock.

"Oh, could I? Please? I'll be back for the rendezvous and meeting tomorrow morning, promise!"

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Spock gave Kimiko a subtly amused look and conferred with Uhura whose melodious voice held a gentle ripple of the same as she consented.

"I see your penchant for indulging your curiosity hasn't suffered, Ms. Shimizu." Uhura addressed Kimiko directly over the open channel. "Just be sure to be prompt tomorrow."

@Kurisan

5. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    IC Kimiko Shimizu

Kimiko met with Captain Uhura and Executive Officer Spock the next morning, along with Gaaval and Talia. Several members of I’Nart’s species gathered for the meeting, too.

While they waited to officially start, Kimi gave her report to Uhura and Spock.

“The blue hair, I figured it out. It’s evolutionary legacy. The species evolved from herbivores on the northern continents; due to the star’s radiation, plants with a high level of anthocyanins thrived. They called them the Great Blueforests. As herbivores, their ancestors were once completely covered in blue fur for camouflage!”

She continued. “That’s why they don’t have canine teeth, either. Anyway, the civilisation progressed and they found matriarchal structures more successful than patriarchal – with women in charge the concepts of mutual cooperation became the social norm, rather than hunter-gatherer expansion and warlike tendencies. That’s why they are so keen to share information and help others. It’s a form of protection, by weaving friendships. What a wonderful species! Don’t you think?”

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Uhura smiled at Kimiko's report. "Oh yes, I agree. Cooperation and generosity are admirable foundations for a society or culture."

She turned to I'Nart. "I wish to thank you for your assistance."

@Kurisan