main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars (2020 Post-TESB Series)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I assume its going to move him closer to being who he is in RotJ throughout this arc. Honestly, I always thought that was a weakness with RotJ. Lando just becomes a kind of generic hero. We don't really get any connective tissue between where he is in ESB and where he is in RotJ.

ESB he's a really complicated character. Its easy to see him as a villain during a lot it due to the betrayal (and of course Leia and Chewie think so at the time), but of course he was only betraying Han and Co. to try and protect his people. But then again, its hard to say that's really a heroic thing but those are his people so you could see that as potentially self-serving. For him to go from that to full on Rebel right out of the gate feels a little off. I think its good to see him transition that way, if that's what they're doing here.

2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    (Responded here rather than Rogue Squadron thread to avoid de-railing it)
    I could see them going post-TLJ, pre-TRoS if they were to explore the sequels. Have more Poe Dameron or a Black Squadron comic, a Kylo Ren comic (only possible pre-TRoS), and a main Star Wars one. Then do a cross-over event like they're doing now with War of the Bounty Hunters.

They'd have to squeeze it into a couple of months in-universe, but I think it's do-able. Then by the end of a (real-world) year or two the streaming shows will have done the world-building needed to feel confident enough to dive into the New Republic era.

Daneira likes this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

See I can't only because I think they wanna first see if T.V is gonna touch any of this first.

I feel like comics are gonna be sticking to their niche (And High Republic) until T.V pretty much done with the other stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2021
  4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I suspect they do some post ROTJ for a little while. Honestly, the Sky-Solo family story deserves to be told after Jakku, and it feels like this is the place for it. Did Han and Ben join Luke and Leia on Ajan Kloss while Leia trained?

Not sure how much mileage they get out of it, but they don't need a lot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

5. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Ben's not born by then. Leia starts and ends her training in the year after ROTJ; Ben's born at the end of that year.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I doubt Luke saw Leia and han mutch post ROTJ for cmoics to do.

7. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I thought the timeline had Ben basically conceived nearly immediately after Endor. Leia goes through rigorous Jedi training while pregnant? That makes no sense.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Eh, when has Star Wars made sense

but yes that’s what it says until further notice

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2021
  9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Just consider Leia a female version of Batman. How does she pull it off? She's Leia.

10. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Here I thought the Legends timeline was jam packed.... canon post-endor for Leia is crammed.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

It was a very busy year all around.

12. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    After the Nagai-Tof War ended, it seems that Luke, Han and Leia didn't make any major appearances together timeline wise until the Jedi Prince saga and Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor. Unless you count Heart of the Jedi as canon to Legends, of course. Leia had an appearance in the X-wing comics but other than that, we don't see them doing anything really. Particularly with Han's oddity to resign alot.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Leia decided to stop training before she gave birth to Ben, because of her vision, right?

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Correct!

Ghost likes this.
  15. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I hope they (Lucasfilm, Story Group, whoever) do let the comic writers explore the 5-9 ABY period more. There's more wriggle room to tell stories than the short time between movies, and I really doubt that TV will be covering that period.

16. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    ....You know, I'm beginning to think it's probably for the best the Resistance didn't know Poe was captured until he escaped. If they'd known, it would have taken them just as long to rescue him. It's definitely taking a long time for the Rebels to rescue Shara!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'm not holding my breath it seems like post Endor (Really post Jakku) seems locked out for Mandoverse and probably won't get much until most of that stuff is done.

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-november-2021-star-wars-comics-exclusive
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS #19

CHARLES SOULE (W) • MARCO CASTIELLO (A)
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    LUCASFILM ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY E.M. GIST

LUKE’S QUEST FOR ANSWERS TAKES A DANGEROUS TURN!

• As the REBELLION tries to pull itself together for a last-ditch effort to defeat the evil GALACTIC EMPIRE, LUKE SKYWALKER realizes it is time for his journey to become a JEDI to continue.
    • After near-death at the hands of DARTH VADER, he knows he has much to learn if he will ever defeat the DARK LORD OF THE SITH.
    • But the JEDI ORDER is gone, and his teachers have vanished… where can Luke turn to find the Jedi legacy he so desperately needs?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    Vialco and QuinlanSolo like this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Is that Luke's TLJ garb?

20. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Looks, to me, like he's trying to dress like Obi-Wan. Not exactly the TLJ flashback robes. I hope this gets a figure, because I do like yellow saber Luke.

21. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I’m liking Luke’s yellow saber, really does stand out especially because it’s the only confirmed current one in use until Rey builds hers in the end of TRoS.

I do hope it’s not destroyed/lost, resorting to Luke building his green one. Instead Luke should build a new saber simply because it’s the path of a Jedi to build ones own.

The yellow saber could be kept as a spare, even appearing in the New Republic era. Maybe Luke let students of his borrow the yellow one for training purposes.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  22. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I'd like to think he keeps it as an artifact after a certain point, to honor whatever fallen Temple Guard it belonged to.

StarWarsFan91 likes this.
  23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-december-2021-star-wars-comics-preview
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS #20

CHARLES SOULE (W) • MARCO CASTIELLO (A) • Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN

ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    LUCASFILM ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    VARIANT COVER BY MARC LAMING

DANGEROUS LESSONS!

• LUKE SKYWALKER has found a key piece of instruction in his journey along the JEDI path – the voice of his teacher, JEDI MASTER YODA.
    • But the lesson Luke must learn will not be taught by Yoda, and it will take – and give – more than the young Skywalker could ever have imagined.

24. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    This a problem with bouncing around between multiple storylines. It makes it hard to understand how much time has passed. I'm seeing this a lot lately, at least with the comics i tend to follow. Rather than doing a contained story arc, then another arc, etc. they're weaving in and out of multiple story arcs. Like a TV show. The problem is that comics aren't long enough or released often enough to do this effectively, in my opinion. It might feel more satisfying in collected form/read straight through rather than a month at a time.

25. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Luke relying on Yoda holocrons when there's a real living Yoda he can just go to whenever he wants... pretty ridiculous.

Vialco likes this.