main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars (2020 Post-TESB Series)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yep, count on Soule to revisit his earlier works.

Vialco and MercenaryAce like this.
  2. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    I'm betting that Luke will find Jocasta Nu's secret vault in this arc (like it was shown way back in Darth Vader vol 2).

3. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    You know, I am really hoping that Hera shows up in this run at some point because I have been wanting that post-Rebels Hera/Lando reunion for years now...

4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Since it was mentioned Hera was at Endor, I want to see her reaction to him be the general in charge of the fighter attack

5. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Always enjoy seeing Luke getting up to Jedi stuff. This issue was no exception. Really liked the Kirak In'fila connection and Luke not cutting through the stormtroopers, but getting the Holocron using mind tricks. Seems more like the Jedi way and truly shows him maturing as a Jedi. Also good that they acknowledged Sharas situation, though I do hope they get around to the plot arc freeing her sooner rather than later, as much as I enjoy this Luke Jedi plot. Laughed a bit about Luke finding a holocron of Yoda of all people. On the one hand kind of cool, on the other hand it seems kind of forced and I also would have loved to see another lesser known Jedi here. I was wondering about that one planet, that was so heavily guarded Luke couldn't get on it. As far as I and Wookieepedia know it is entirely new, so I wonder whether this is setting up something, seems intriguing

Daneira and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Intresting!

QuinlanSolo and MercenaryAce like this.
  7. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Dissappointing issue overall... the preview was so good and then it did not follow up on it.

A lot of missed opportunities here, even a quick montage of Luke visiting places could have lead to expanded stories about each visit in other media but nope, Marvel had to cut it all short and do nothing with it. Even lamer, Luke gets a Holocron by simply Force-fully asking with a Mindtrick some Stormtroopers to bring it to him... totally stupid.

I mean, imagine Luke on Lothal meeting Sabine who guides him to the buried Jedi Temple and tells him some about it at least before he leaves? Or Luke on Ilum finding Jedi ruins that are torn down as he has to escape through them at least instead of just standing on Hogh lookalike icesheets. Not even a vision or Force imprinted memory of what happened in these sites like Cal Kestis gets or other way more interesting characters.

All this issue did is show how lame Luke is as a Jedi compared to other less trained characters of lesser than Force prodigy bloodline.

8. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    They mustn't be touching Sabine until the Ahsoka live-action series. But yeah, a missed opportunity.

9. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    It's probably best Sabine not interact with Luke since the live action show is coming where she will likely say Kanan and Ezra were the only Jedi she knew. And if she does happen to meet Luke over the course of the series the show will probably say it was the first time they met.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
  10. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It already felt like fairly transparent fanservice, so I wouldn't really want longer versions of Luke traipsing round locations from The Hits of the New EU.

And I thought the moment around the holocron was a great little character moment. He has the impulse to charge in, lightsaber blazing, but thinks better of it. That echoes with ROTJ and especially TLJ, except he's not too late to back down from the cliff's edge in this instance. And the image of him meditating over an ocean was a nice little parallel/contrast to Vader's meditation imagery from Soule's work.

Dawud786 and Huncrweo like this.
  11. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    I completely agree on the character moment with the Holocron. I thought it was perfect. And while I would love seeing Luke explore old Jedi ruins or smth, I think that story would be better off in a separate series. Maybe set after Episode VI and also featuring Lor San Tekka and perhaps Ben. The time between Episode V and VI for me feels like the wrong moment for Luke to go all in in exploring Jedi ruins. Also this series is based around an ensemble and I really wouldn't want it to just feature Luke for several issue, which a story like that would basically require, unless he takes Leia, Chewbacca and the droids along.

12. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I agree, and I feel like the comic keeps having to justify Luke wandering off in that way. We've had a few of those scenes now where Luke's frustrated and tells Leia he's got to go do mystical Jedi stuff instead of helping the Rebels. Feels like Soule pointing out the clash of storylines.

Also, Luke's wandering to all of these far-off places, but...he won't go back to Dagobah to say hi to Yoda? I think it's also getting harder to justify Luke still having an issue with that at this point.

Jango_Fettish and Daneira like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    so will Yoda complete his training in a way, trough his Holocron.

14. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I was wondering if they were going to remember that Shara is still stuck on that star destroyer. I wonder if something will come of it- like Shara discovering that the Empire is building something big (the second Death Star). That would make everything worth it. (Plus it would sort of parallel her son discovering that Palpatine is alive and building a Sith fleet of Star Destroyers).

Jango_Fettish likes this.
  15. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Luke can be kicking around all kinds of guilt that's keeping him from going directly to Yoda. People are complicated.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

16. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvels-march-2022-star-wars-comics-exclusive-preview
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS #22

Written by CHARLES SOULE
    Art by RAMON ROSANAS
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    Variant cover by ROD REIS

THE DAWN ALLIANCE – PART 1 OF 3 “The Last Division”

• The time has come for THE REBEL ALLIANCE fleet to bring its final lost division home…
    • …but to do it, LEIA ORGANA, MON MOTHMA and the other Alliance leaders will need to rely on intelligence provided by the notoriously untrustworthy criminal organization CRIMSON DAWN.
    • Meanwhile, Starlight Squadron and a group of rogue PATHFINDERS led by KES DAMERON head out on an unauthorized rescue mission to save one of their own…!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2021
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  17. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    If she does, I wonder if she’ll mention Kanan or Ezra to Luke.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  19. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Well, that's... different.
    [insert obvious "magic mushroom" joke here]

20. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Makes me think of Twin Peaks.

[​IMG]

21. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    How in the world did I not make that connection? I love Twin Peaks.

Daneira likes this.
  22. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Is that Elzar Mann?!?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Definitely seems like HR robes at least.

Supreme Leader Woke and Dawud786 like this.
  24. BOBA-FETT-82

BOBA-FETT-82 Jedi Grand Master star 1

May 19, 2002
    I'm a bit behind on my reading but was just wondering how close are we to ROTJ?

I know it's not a science but 3 years between ANH and ESB was 75 issues and there is only 1 year between ESB and ROTJ.

25. Jango_Fettish

Jango_Fettish Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 17, 2002
    No specific timeline given as far as I have seen but it feels like it should be getting close. I am enjoying the series quite a bit but it does feel like they will be pushing it if it does not wrap up soon.

BOBA-FETT-82 likes this.