main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars (2020 Post-TESB Series)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Oct 4, 2019.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Couldn’t ending the rule of darth bane also refer to them thinking they ended the rule of two? It doesn’t have to translate into ending his rule via destroying him along with his empire.

The Jedi could have killed bane after the Sith Empire collapsed, and thought his apprentice died too, seeing themselves as ending the rule of Bane aka the Rule of Two for good.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    QuinlanSolo likes this.
  2. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean maybe. I do like the idea of him being the Ruler of the Sith Empire more though.

Also it seems like the Golden Age of the Republic happened after they ended his Dark Age, so honestly i'm gonna assume Bane was the ruler of the Last Sith Empire.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2022
  3. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I prefer him being just a member of the last sith empire. It makes a better story if someone who wasn’t the leader of the Sith Empire was able to survive the empires destruction becoming the last Sith and founder of a new kind of Sith.

Instead of the leader of the Sith Empire surviving to cause further mayhem.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Eh to each their own, I kinda hope they do something different from Legends honestly. Plus again the way it's worded it seems like he was the ruler.

The actual wording goes

"A Golden Age. About Eight centuries after we ended the Rule of Sith Lord Darth Bane"

IDK about you but it sounded like Bane Ruled more than just another Sith.

Either way it helps with how Yoda knows about Bane in TCW

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2022
  5. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I haven't quite figured out how this impacts the timelines of the other post-ESB series yet, but I went back and re-read the last few issues of the mainline series and there is opportunity for a time jump between issues #18 and #19 (enough to fit Crimson Reign #1 into, at least, since #19 indirectly references events from that issue). Again, I haven't reviewed the other three series yet to see if this makes sense in their contexts, but I'm a bit more comfortable now with the idea that the mainline series (at least) is perhaps three or four months beyond ESB as of #20.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  6. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Aphra's series is pretty much just her off doing her own thing so you could pretty much fit her series into any time table. I think the mainline series and the Vader series are the only ones to be affected by any in universe time table. As they are the only ones that currently have movie characters in them (or at least movie characters that need to be in a certain place by the time RotJ roles around).

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  7. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    After a quick morning re-read of the last few issues of Bounty Hunters, Aphra, and Vader, the timeline is complex but making a little bit more sense. Basically, all three series picked up directly after WotBH and are apparently happening concurrently with Crimson Reign #1, while the mainline title seems to have jumped ahead in the timeline by a month or two and is happening after CR #1 (and presumably after the current arcs of the other three series). Bounty Hunters and Vader are both currently telling an intertwined story involving Valance, which adds a sub-layer of complexity. Going forward the degree to which the four ongoing series impact or impacted by Crimson Reign will shed more light on how the pieces fit together, but that's how it looks to me at the moment.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-april-2022-star-wars-comics-exclusive
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS #23

CHARLES SOULE (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A) • Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    TRAITOR OF DAWN VARIANT COVER BY PAUL RENAUD • VARIANT COVER BY KEN LASHLEY

THE DAWN ALLIANCE – PART 2 OF 3 “The Last Division”

• The fate of THE REBEL ALLIANCE FLEET is at stake, as its last remaining divisions face off in battle against the brutal tactics of COMMANDER ELLIAN ZAHRA and her crew on the TARKIN’S WILL.
    • For Zahra, this fight is personal; her revenge will not be complete until every life lost on THE DEATH STAR is avenged.
    • Epic space warfare in the true STAR WARS manner!

9. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Good.

time to have a battle. A few dozen rebel ships versus a dozen Imperial ships. I hope Zahra go boom.

JediFett10 likes this.
  10. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-star-wars-may-2022-exclusive-preview
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS #24

CHARLES SOULE (W)
    RAMON ROSANAS (A)
    Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    VARIANT COVER BY CHRIS SPROUSE
    ACTION FIGURE VARIANT COVER BY JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    JAPANESE CREATOR VARIANT COVER BY RICKIE YAGAWA

“THE FINAL HUNT!”

• COMMANDER ELLIAN ZAHRA, former protégé of GRAND MOFF WILHUFF TARKIN, has used brilliant tactics and savage brutality to nearly eradicate the Rebel fleet.
    • Now she and her final target, GENERAL LEIA ORGANA, will hunt each other across a wild planet…to the bitter end.

11. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Kill her, Leia. It’s been 24 issues.

Jedi Ben and JediFett10 like this.
  12. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Zahra has been a low rent Daala.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SyndicThrass, Jedi Ben and JediFett10 like this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
  14. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    Finally, we're getting back to Shara!
    -Shara has been disguising herself as a Stormtrooper and camping out in a cordoned off area.
    -They're keeping it cordoned off as a "memorial" for those who died when the Tarkin's Will destroyer was damaged during the Death Star destruction. Shara wanted to ask where the Alderaanian and Jedhan memorials are.
    -Kes is getting really anxious and worried and wants Shara rescued now. So, of course Mothma is going to hold off on that and of course Kes is going to rescue her anyway going against Mothma's orders (like father, like son).
    -Shara has been calling herself TK-510 for Poe's birthday. So, apparently Poe's birthday is May 10th (Or Neiona in the Star Wars universe according to Legends)
    -Shara almost escaped on a shuttle, but then she was caught! Good thing her violently protective husband (he swore to kill everyone on that destroyer, then crash it into the Imperial Palace if Shara died) is on his way to rescue her. (I know, I know, it could just be an empty threat said out of anger/loyalty/protectiveness. Still.)

15. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yes finally getting back to the Shara Bey storyline. It's been right about a year since this storyline left off.

The Crimson Dawn stuff has been decent but I definitely feel like it has interrupted the flow of the stories that these series set out to originally tell.

16. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-june-2022-star-wars-comics-exclusive
    [​IMG]

STAR WARS #25

CHARLES SOULE (W) • RAMON ROSANAS, GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI, WILL SLINEY & PHIL NOTO (A) • Cover by CARLO PAGULAYAN
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Variant Cover by PHIL NOTO
    Variant Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
    Variant Cover by ALEX MALEEV
    Variant Cover by WILL SLINEY
    Choose Your Destiny Variant Cover by CHRIS SPROUSE
    Lucasfilm Pride Variant Cover by TBA

A Celebration across the Galaxy for STAR WARS’ 25th issue!

• With stories set from the Prequel to the Sequel eras, experience new tales of OBI-WAN & ANAKIN, DARTH VADER, POE DAMERON and KYLO REN. Join Charles Soule, along with his previous artistic collaborators, for this era-spanning celebration!

17. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Do we know if 25 is supposed to be the final issue?

18. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Seems like it is going to be a set of "DLC" to Soule's previous comic stories.

Glad to see the Seventh Sister and Grand with normal look, but a little sad that Checchetto does not participate.

19. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    if they haven't announced a last issue then its not

Jedi Ben and JediKnight75 like this.
  20. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Oh ok. Makes sense. Thanks for the reply

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Star wars will probably have 40-50 issues. ​

22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Ohhhh, #25 looks interesting.

23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Surprise final issues do happen but rarely and not on a book as high profile as SW.

24. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Or The Walking Dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    That's Kirkman being Kirkman, along with hacking off many comic shop owners.

JediFett10 likes this.