main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars (2020 Post-TESB Series)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Or if Soule will acknowledge the Age of Rebellion issue that shows Luke swinging Ol' Green around before ROTJ.

Dawud786 likes this.
  2. QuinlanSolo

QuinlanSolo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 17, 2019
    Wasn't that Age of Rebellion story set during ROTJ, while Luke was en route to or from Dagobah?

3. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    That wasn't my impression, but it could work as a fix if you ignore Luke's hands and his X-wing's paint job.

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  4. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I expect we'll see the debut of the green saber and Luke's all-black outfit in Soule's series, with the ROTJ deleted scene recontextualized as a modification or repair to the saber rather than its initial construction. The Age of Rebellion story would probably pretty easily slot in there at some point, maybe as an interlude between the end of Soule's series and ROTJ.

5. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Not as far as I know. Wookieepedia places it between Moving Target and ROTJ.

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-october-2022-star-wars-comics-preview
    [​IMG]
    STAR WARS #28

CHARLES SOULE (W) • ANDRÉS GENOLET (A)
    Cover by E.M. GIST
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    Star Wars: A New Hope 45th Anniversary Variant cover by GREG LAND

THE CALCULUS OF LOSS!

• The price of freedom is examined, as the Rebel Alliance comes to understand the true scope of the threat against it.
    • Threepio enters into aggressive negotiations, and Luke Skywalker embarks upon a desperate mission that will test his growing Jedi skills to the limit.

7. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    It feels like the second story is a sequel to the first one.

Also, it looks like Rey healed Poe's arm up after the hug! XD

Vialco likes this.
  8. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Nice enough vignettes, though way too short. The Obi-Wan/Anakin one seemed to have the most to say, I think, though it was undermined slightly by being accidentally similar to the Obi-Wan flashback.

Vader and Palpatine, okay, but not much we've got seen before. Nice that it's set before Vader gets his OG saber, though.

Kylo -- nice to revisit those locations (and Ossus now seems to look distinctly more like its depiction in BOBF than in TLJ, with lots more greenery and scenery around the ruins). Great to see the temple ruins, but a shame the implication is that they get bombed from orbit. They're fertile ground for a future story.

And the Snap eulogy was nice. Lacking Wedge and Norra, but I didn't really expect them since this was a Soule sideshow. It's also not technically post-IX, though, since Poe mentions the people are celebrating down below, so it'll still be set during the celebrations before/while Rey goes to Tatooine.

9. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    The Kenobi/Anakin story was perfect and really flowed nicely with the Palpatine/Vader one.

Kylo's story was terrible and a waste of pages and time. Literally nothing happened and there was great opportunity to show what fans had wanted ever since the TLJ tease. Kinda like intentionally not doing it and that is stupid trolling. And on top destroying interesting places like they did Dagobah in a past comic is just annoying.

The Snap euology was weird and felt terrible. Basically nobody invited Wedge and Jess Pava told everyone that good old Snap was actually a cheater and terrible guy that ignored the rules. Not nice at all. How can they do that to his character? For the sole post TROS story we got there it's insulting to Snap and the fans.

@Sinrebirth what do you make of Kylo
    bombing Ossus
    for OneCanon?

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @ColeFardreamer -
    Well, being as the Ossus Project restored Ossus, it actually fits better because it's nice and floral in Mandalorian and presumably not until the Ossus Project fully resurrects Ossus. So, it actually helps.

Vialco and ColeFardreamer like this.
  11. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Aw, I liked the issue (agree on it being too short!) but the cover had made me hope for a story involving the Seventh Sister. We haven't seen her since Rebels and it sounded like an interesting opportunity to see her interact with Vader and the Grand Inquisitor, like we saw Fifth Brother in Kenobi. Oh well.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
  12. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Definitely nice seeing Black Squadron again. I had forgotten that Kare and Snap had gotten married. While reading that section I was thinking that they had only been married for a month or two but I guess it would have been for about a year since that Poe Dameron comic happened prior to and during Force Awakens and Last Jedi.

Cool seeing Jess Pava again. It has been almost four years since we have seen her in any comic material. Though it probably won't happen until the next movie comes out I definitely would like another Black Squadron series set after IX where they are just doing small scale stuff that wouldn't affect the larger story as a whole. Perhaps just have Jess and Kare as the main characters to free up Poe for whatever the movies might have planned for him to do.

13. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Did it reveal if Kare and Jess and Suralinda were flying at Exegol?

14. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    IMO, issue #25 was rather disappointing,
    mainly because of Kylo's story that is just him being the worse cliches about himself. And the lack of the Grand and the Seventh Sister, despite them being on the cover, does not help.

Can't say I did not like parts about Anakin being trained by Kenobi and Palpatine, but in both cases there were a potential for longer stories.

Ithorians and Vialco like this.
  15. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Not directly but it did say that Black Squadron was at Exogol and Jess and Kare were there at the Celebration so I think we can safely assume that they are intended to have been there.

16. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    don't think it was terrible it was good use to foreshadow his convo with memory Han through him looking for Luke's ghost.

I Don't think the snap story was bad either wedge and Norra not being there made sense with it being just black squadron members and wedge and Norra's grief needs a bigger story not one with this much page count /SPOILER]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
    Vialco and Dawud786 like this.
  17. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I generally liked it, didn't have much emotional connection with the ST stories but I am curious exactly what Kylo was looking for. He does know Luke is dead right? So did he think he could find his ghost? Or is Uncle Luke just trolling his dreams and driving him a bit bonkers? More context is needed there.

The PT and OT stories flowed together rather well, kind of cringe how Obi-Wan beat Anakin in their spar in the exact same way he beat him in the Kenobi flashbacks, looks like Anakin really is a slow learner. At the comics start I was actually expecting Anakin to win cause in the series proper its at least implied he usually does, but then there's likely a few years gap between the spars, with Anakin looking distinctly younger here.

Its oddly satisfying seeing Sidious actually *teach* Vader in a proper lesson. In the Vader Comics Anakin is basically treated as a fully-fledged Sith from the moment he's off the operating table with Palpatine immediately tasking him with training the Inquisitors. Never mind he's been on the dark side for like a day. For the most part, across multiple mediums, the Most we see of Vaders dark side training is Sidious offering the occasional evil wizard wisdom and leaving Vader to stew on his anger. Though the series between ESB and ROTJ has an interesting bit with Palpatine beating Vader up and forcing him to prove his commitment again.

In any case both parts added some very interesting contemplation on the philosophies of the Jedi and the Sith concerning lightsabers.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
    Vialco likes this.
  18. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    In those first few issues of Darth Vader Dark Lord of the Sith, Sidious immediately electrocutes Vader and then tells him he has to go kill a Jedi and bleed his kyber to earn his Sith lightsaber. He's very much an on-the-job training kind of guy. "Figure it out or die" is clearly Sidious's style.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  19. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    [QUOTE"ConservativeJedi321, post: 58074456, member: 1419231"]
    I generally liked it, didn't have much emotional connection with the ST stories but I am curious exactly what Kylo was looking for. He does know Luke is dead right? So did he think he could find his ghost? Or is Uncle Luke just trolling his dreams and driving him a bit bonkers? More context is needed there.

The PT and OT stories flowed together rather well, kind of cringe how Obi-Wan beat Anakin in their spar in the exact same way he beat him in the Kenobi flashbacks, looks like Anakin really is a slow learner. At the comics start I was actually expecting Anakin to win cause in the series proper its at least implied he usually does, but then there's likely a few years gap between the spars, with Anakin looking distinctly younger here.

Its oddly satisfying seeing Sidious actually *teach* Vader in a proper lesson. In the Vader Comics Anakin is basically treated as a fully-fledged Sith from the moment he's off the operating table with Palpatine immediately tasking him with training the Inquisitors. Never mind he's been on the dark side for like a day. For the most part, across multiple mediums, the Most we see of Vaders dark side training is Sidious offering the occasional evil wizard wisdom and leaving Vader to stew on his anger. Though the series between ESB and ROTJ has an interesting bit with Palpatine beating Vader up and forcing him to prove his commitment again.

In any case both parts added some very interesting contemplation on the philosophies of the Jedi and the Sith concerning lightsabers.
    [/QUOTE]

wouldn't say its cringe cause comic scripts are made way ahead of time I doubt soule new anything bout Kenobi while writing it

Last edited: Jul 24, 2022
  20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    this looks like a fun one

Rebel Raid on a Core System, an MC75 with the fleet, Imperial Council members, Republic Era walkers (AT-XT spotting?) and a Rebel starfighter i don't recognize

Marvel’s Star Wars #26 – Exclusive Preview

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    Vialco likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Is that a TIE Hunter? Ooooh.

Vialco likes this.
  22. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    I saw an Assault Frigate Mark I! They're back!!!!

23. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    I think those are new names for the silly hat crew, hopefully the issue will establish which one is which.

Vialco likes this.
  24. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    About time. I'm still struggling for names.

25. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Hope that it is a full return, not just using an established starship design for a background.

Wonder what are the civilian casualties of this rebels' attack ...