main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars (2020 Post-TESB Series)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ancient Whills, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Also a good point.

2. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Yep, as per ROTJ, the Bothans learn the DS-2's location and the Emperor's presence aboard; the Rebels clearly already know there's a second one before that briefing. Pablo's pointed out before how the EU kinda forgot and had the Bothans stealing plans.

3. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    this exasperated Ackbar expression cracked me up

[​IMG]

GASP

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  4. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    either his collar is coming through his mouth or that awful addition of teeth from the "Mutiny at Mon Cala" arc have appeared.

5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I still wait for the family to pull off their Ooglith masquers and reveal themselves as all Bothans! Now that'd be a twist for Marvel!

6. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    So, it is now clear that Crimson Dawn had an important role in the Alliance's victory on the Endor by originally preventing the Empire from finishing the DS 2 construction in secret. After all Maul managed to strike Palpatine hard, via choosing a right apprentice.

7. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    This whole Crimson Dawn thing has been a curious twist on Shadows of the Empire.

Golbolco likes this.
  8. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    It is also a rare (at least in recent times) example of situation in SW when heroes allying with a villainous faction against a greater evil works rather well.

JediFett10 and Dawud786 like this.
  9. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Star Wars always seemed to be very careful about the Rebels allying with smugglers and underworld types that were more honorable and even heroic. Qi'ra and Crimson Dawn ultimately aren't. Crimson Dawn especially. I'm not sure Qi'ra is full on evil herself, not in the way Dryden Vos or Maul are.

JediFett10 and Golbolco like this.
  10. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    She is manipulative, but in the same time not sadistic and power-hungry. That makes her a better person than her former bosses, but also somewhat more dangerous because she is less predictable.

Vialco, CosmoHender and JediFett10 like this.
  11. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Still, we see Crimson Dawn brutally oppress plenty of places.

Course, Palpatine did leak the death star plans and location on purpose to lure the rebel fleet in, so I wonder how important the crimson dawn aide will be in the long run.

Golbolco likes this.
  12. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Could be he leaked the info in direct response to what goes down with Crimson Dawn.

13. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Mainly because Crimson Dawn is still in general an evil organization I hope that it will not disappear for good at The Hidden Empire's end, just transform and the New Republic will be in debt to the ruthless mafia.

It is quite possible - if the enemy is going to eventually attack the station before it is complete, use it to organize a trap.

14. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Good point. I did always wonder why Palpatine didn't just wait for the DS2 to be finished and then leaked false time tables that it wasn't finished, but I suppose it makes more sense the rebels might attack it anyway before it was finished without it being a trap if he didn't act soon.

Yeah, that was I trying to say about CD.

Honestly, kind of hard for me to imagine Crimson Dawn surviving this - even if they won it seems like Qira would have to burn most of her assets to do so - and harder for me to imagine then just going back to being simple gangsters in the aftermath. But I get what you mean about how awkward that would be for the NR.

Vialco and Foreign32567 like this.
  15. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Solicit for issue #30:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

STAR WARS #30
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • ANDRÉS GENOLET (A) • Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    Variant Cover by STEPHANIE HANS • DESIGN VARIANT COVER BY ANDRES GENOLET
    Attack of the Clones 20th Anniversary Variant Cover by CASPAR WIJNGAARD

MAROONED!
    Some of the Rebel Alliance's best and brightest have gotten lost in an unknown region of space while hunting for a lost treasure. How will LUKE SKYWALKER, LEIA ORGANA, CHEWBACCA, LANDO CALRISSIAN and AMILYN HOLDO ever survive the horrors...of NO-SPACE?

32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Vialco and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Now that is an unexpected connection. The Nihil modern version?

MercenaryAce and Dawud786 like this.
  17. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    I would be shocked if they managed to survive that long, though I suppose there could always be a revival or copycats.

And since star wars is fantasy, undead can't be ruled entirely even if it is unlikely. Something just strikes me as spooky about the cover and whatnot.

In any case, should be interesting to see what no-space is like in modern times.

Foreign32567 likes this.
  18. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Preview for issue #29 is up, via SW.com:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dawud786 and MercenaryAce like this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Always fun seeing a Troig.

20. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    This was a cool issue.

I think we got to see the fuel source of a Nihil Path engine that we didn't even get to see in High Republic: Eye of the Storm.

Very curious about where this is heading with Luke and the gang being in No Space and at the remains of the Great Hall.

The part where they ambush the stormtroopers to steal a Path engine was fun. Luke igniting that yellow saber wearing a Jedi like cloak, really cool. Him casually using the Force to keep from getting splashed when Chewie fell into the pool, whole reading one of the sacred texts, was also cool.

I really like that we have Luke acquiring Jedi artifacts pre-ROTJ to help explain his competence with the Force.

The lost convoy from the Great Disaster really evokes the Katana Fleet

MercenaryAce, Golbolco and Jedi Ben like this.
  21. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Yep. Fun issue.

This is clearly a side mission arc but definitely a cool one when they have it relate to High Republic stuff and we can learn further details about it from the authors on the project. Unfortunately no matter what they do in this arc they are going to have to keep the High Republic stuff pretty vague as we are only half-way through the Nihil story.

MercenaryAce and Dawud786 like this.
  22. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Hyperspace storm? Given that the Bryne Guild got dissolved early on, that has the great disaster. No one has described it as a storm before, but I can see the comparison.

While the focus of this arc is on the fuel, I noticed they mentioned being low on spare parts as well. Which works well with the Freemaker Adventures covering how the titular family was supplying spare parts to the alliance during this time period

23. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's definitely the Great Disaster. People talking about it centuries later would realistically be using different terminology to the people of the time. And could be a product of history books conflating it with Nihil Storms and Stormships, since the imagery is all tangled up in that time period.

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I remain hot and cold on this series. Some of the info posted I can't say sounds good, while other stuff sounds great. If it got omnibused I'd probably gamble on it.

Vialco and SyndicThrass like this.
  25. Senpezeco

Apr 27, 2014
    Solicit for issue #31, via SW.com:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

STAR WARS #31

CHARLES SOULE (W) • ANDRÉS GENOLET (A)
    Cover by STEPHEN SEGOVIA
    Action Figure Variant Cover by JOHN TYLER CHRISTOPHER
    Return of the Jedi 40th Anniversary Variant Cover by CHRIS SPROUSE
    Variant Cover by CASPAR WIJNGAARD
    • Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa and an elite crew of Rebel heroes are lost in the farthest reaches of No-Space after a mission gone wrong. A desperate maneuver is their only chance to find a way home – but what will it cost them?

Vialco likes this.