main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars #68-75: Rebels and Rogues (8/8 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Daneira, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    [​IMG]

2. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Is that Leido or Hola?

3. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    Amileia? Leilyn? Vice Admiral Princess?

4. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Amileia Orgoldo, Vice Princess of Admiralderaan and Huttslayer Supremacyrammer (Binary Mash-up) (DJ R-3X Re-re-remiX)?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Supreme Leader Woke likes this.
  5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I'm very happy that the solicitation for #70 references the Rebel Fleet. As we get closer to TESB, I suspect we'll see the fleet (or at least a good chunk of it) has reconstituted after the disaster at Mako-Ta.

--Adm. Nick

6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I wonder if after this arc, we'll finally move on from the post-ANH period to explore the post-ESB period. I want to see more of it from Luke's perspective, honestly.

7. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    To be blunt, we saw this in Shadows of the Empire and, for canon, in Moving Target.

I think if Marvel wants to drum up interest I think they should stop retreading old ground and produce Snoke and Knights of Ren prequels. We know the script for 9 has been done for some time, so why won't they let people explore this?

I mean it's ok if they want to retread post ESB again and no one's stopping them, but I and my friends aren't buying these comics precisely because it feels like a retread. There's no way Marvel can know just how many out there feel the same, and there's no way they can say with 100% certainty it's not affecting their sales.

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  8. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    They are, in Age of Resistance. Aside from that, I think it's always been clear that sort of stuff is going to wait until after Episode IX. Plus, I'd rather they actually got a visionary creator to come up with a story for the whole Snoke/Luke/Ben stuff rather than just a few odd comics. It's got the same scope as the prequel trilogy, so it could do with something close to that focus.

9. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    Comic book writers can't be visionary creators? I'll have to go ask the estates of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, and Uderzo and Goscinny... ;)

Alan Moore and Akira Toriyama probably would want a word too.

JediFett10 likes this.
  10. Coherent Axe

Dec 20, 2016
    In terms of something of the scope and scale of the prequels, not one-off comics.

11. sidv88

Aug 22, 2005
    I'm pretty sure the Killing Joke was a one-off comic that's still overshadowing the Batman franchise (even the movies) up till now. It pretty much was the basis of Joker's character in the Dark Knight. Same for Frank Miller's Batman: Year One basically defining Batman's character in all his incarnations after the 1960s show character that continued into the 80s.

The blockbuster film X-Men Days of Future Past was based on a comic written by Chris Claremont in only 2 issues.

And all the people I mentioned started off as company employees writing one-offs before they became big.

Darth Corydon likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Tom King might be seeking new employment.

13. Dante1120

Dante1120 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 5, 2006
    He's got Batman/Catwoman just announced for 2020, but I loved The Omega Men and would love to see what he could bring to the franchise.

14. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    I rather not see King ever touch Star Wars his obsession with suicide and depression is little too not good for Star Wars . His want to ruin characters like Bruce , dick and Wally would scare me if he ever touched any of the characters . U think Luke was out of character in TLJ Sweet summer children I wouldn't wanna see a Luke written by King

TrandoJedi and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Wow, I’m really interested now.

Especially after seeing this:

17. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    Just before the ESB timeframe could still mean 6-8 months right? There is still a lot of fertile ground to get a couple of arcs in. I am not ready to lose Han yet.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  18. Jacken_Skywalker

Jacken_Skywalker Jedi Master

Jul 9, 2011
    This is so exciting. I'm not sure that 6-8 could be "right before" ESB though. I think there's still room for a couple of arcs, but I think they'll be a lot closer to the movie than that. I remember reading somewhere that they weren't sure if they would even go into that ESB-ROTJ timeline because of not having Han. It's more likely they're getting to this period so they can go fully into post RotJ soon :)

19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Oooooh. Once Rise of Skywalker is out and the intertrilogy embargo is over, there's no telling where the ongoing can go!

20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    About time they moved into this timeline. I’m ready to move on from the ANH comic era.

21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems we just right before Empre srikes back.

22. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Only think I read of Tom King was his Vision run for Marvel and it was fantastic (make it a movie or MCU Disney+ series dangit) but apparently he's freaking everyone out over in DC right now. Give him some wacky droid-centric series! Like the cartoon Droids but with more random existential violence.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Vision was great, as was Sheriff of Babylon.

I'm hot and cold on what I've read of his Bat-run, some of it's great, some of its awful. I'm not convinced he's a writer suited to superheroes.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  24. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    The problem I have with the Comics is the fact that Rogue Squadron hasn't been shown at all. We saw it get formed in the Hope Dies Arc. but other than that. Nothing. Makes me sad.

Fire Dog likes this.
  25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    they probaly more Wedge's thing then Luke's and thats probaly why don't see them mutch.