main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V "Star Wars: A Kevin Feige Joint"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BigAl6ft6, Sep 25, 2019.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The Acolyte series was already announced to be set toward the end of the HR era. And these first 3 phases of the HR books are already plotted out. Plenty of room to collaborate or alternate between them once the books finish doing the heavy lifting of establishing the era.

Jedi Ben and VexedAtVohai like this.
  2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    A High Republic movie would almost be worth it for the explosion of YouTube anger alone.

Huncrweo, The2ndQuest and Jedi Ben like this.
  3. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    This must be fake news, as I was assured by fans that the Feige film had been stealth-cancelled because Disney wasn't constantly talking about it?

Looking forward to this and all the other film projects down the line, but like I said in the RS thread I'm enjoying the break from having to go to the theater to enjoy live-action Star Wars and I'm in no hurry to return. Hopefully this break will continue for at least a few more years, followed by a whole bunch of great films!

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The actual story that the internet is losing its crap over:

If asked to direct a SW movie, Chloe Zhao wouldn't say no to it.

Cue internet explosion.

AusStig likes this.
  5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    He is a producer but he comes up with the general idea/shape of where the MCU can go. ie. The writers were working on Captain America 3 until he popped his head into their office and told them they were doing Civil War. He picks the projects that other people do but certainly what he picks and what he says it'll be about have a creative influence. So whatever this project is, it's a good assumption he had the initial idea that other people pitch/flesh out/make.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    His role at Marvel is basically what toxic fans think Kathleen Kennedy's role at Lucasfilm is.

Jedi Ben and The2ndQuest like this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Feige is more like a TV series showrunner/executive producer in the TV realm. He's in overall control of the entire production, forward vision, continuity from episode to episode and pairing talent with the right story/property- but ultimately has final say. The directors under him, with a few specific exceptions, are more akin to TV directors compared to most films where it is reversed and the director has the most power.

Kennedy is a more traditional producer. She makes key decisions but ultimately hands things over to the creatives for execution while she keeps the company running on time to support them. She only steps in when the creatives or production go off-track (as happened with Rogue One and Solo).

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Thank you yes!

Honestly i think we gotta stop comparing Marvel to Star Wars in terms of the Models they are using.

MCU is essentially a mega billion dollar TV Series that's been going on for 4 seasons (Each phase is a season)

Star Wars ....Well the only good comparison I have right now is essentially just doing what the EU did but with Movies and TV now added. Telling stories in various parts of the timelines and they all connect in that they exist in the same universe and tell a overacting story when you put it all together.

BigAl6ft6 and The2ndQuest like this.
  9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    To be fair, they (mainly Iger/Disney) did push the notion of a Marvel model for Star Was releases- comparing the Episodes to Avengers movies and the anthology films to the solo films. But Star Wars isn't that kind of franchise in the yes of the public- every film, no matter the varying subject matter, is seen as "a Star Wars movie" entry, whereas MCU films are seen as multiple sub-franchises that eventually connect. One denotes a singular demand, the other offers a variety. And it's the latter that allows the MCU model to be sustainable. Ultimately that's something SW learned the hard way.

They've also clearly moved beyond that model, though- especially with Iger gone. So, your original point of dropping the comparisons of the two models still applies.

Huncrweo and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Closet thing we have to the Marvel Model in Star Wars is Mandoverse at the moment

11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The challenge of how to set a series apart from the MCU applies across the board, with both SW and DC trying various strategies, with DC having more success in TV.

12. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    [​IMG]

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Star Wars should theoretically work like the MCU with sub-franchises etc, and Mandalorian is kinda doing that right now, but not sure if general moviegoing audience has accepted that bit yet. It may be that while we can wrap our heads around constant prequel and timeline jumping it's actually mildly complex and offputting to other audience members. (aside from some instances, MCU is basically just onward and forward one after another and only when you get into the timeline continuity weeds that you can see where they land but ultimately it doesn't have much of an effect on trying to figure it out which Star Wars can be like)

I find myself having to explain to my sister every once in awhile where this particular piece of Star Wars media lands in the timeline and she sort of begrudgingly accepts it, but would probably by lost without an assistant hahaha.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2021
    Daneira, Barriss_Coffee and AusStig like this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

From what iv'e heard as well Lucasfilm itself just operates a bit more like a normal studio does then say Marvel.

Hire Director and Writer with a pitch and develop the movie from there.

From what I've heard from Marvel they tend to develop scripts a lot more internally and then hand it over to a director who can make changes and give a basic pitch but within the limits of the MCU

If anything Lucasfilm tends to go for a more creator driven process then a internal in-house one.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2021
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    of course I may be putting too much weight on the box office performance of Solo based upon the audience's tolerance for Star Wars to jump around the timeline. (everyone sorta easily figured out Rogue One was a prequel to the original Star Wars but even some people probably thought it was Force Awakens Part II). Personally, I just think Disney put Solo on a terrible spot on the release scheduled crammed in between weekly blockbusters. They shoulda moved the dang movie to August when literally the top grossing films were freakin' Meg and Crazy Rich Asians.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I still say Solo would have been served better if it was in December, i think the whole jumping around thing honestly may not be as big a deal as we fans make it out to be, i think general audiences are smarter then we give them credit for.

AusStig likes this.
  17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, the attempt to get SW back into a May release window while still maintaining an annual release pattern was ultimately the big mistake Iger made. They couldn't promote Solo without overlapping with TLJ home video release- and they're obviously not going to sacrifice the video money from the higher profile release for the smaller one-shot with a troubled production. So a lot of people never knew it was even in theaters. Also didn't help that Deadpool 2 leapfrogged ahead of it and stole its thunder.

Indeed. Even someone I saw all the films with opening weekend walked out of Rogue One going "Now we know how BB-8 got the map". :oops:

QuinlanSolo and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Your probably always gonna have a bit of that timeline problem, but i like to think audiences are smarter and as more time goes on realizes that Star Wars likes to jump around it's timeline.

Xammer likes this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I think the audience has no problem tracking stuff over multiple time periods, so long as LFL / Disney do the minimum of communication in showing how the pieces line up.

I get the sense they tend to assume a higher level of fan involvement than tends to actually be so.

20. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
  21. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    This has not been the week for star wars scoopers.
    It has been the week to watch star wars scoopers eat it.
    Yeah, eat it scoopers

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  22. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    ‘Star Wars’: The Rebellion Will Be Televised
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...&utm_brand=vanity-fair&utm_social-type=earned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AusStig likes this.
  23. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    So this... isn't a thing?

And probably never was?

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

No because Michael Waldron said this week that he was writing for the Kevin Feigie Star Wars fid this week as well.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2022
    AusStig likes this.
  25. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    He's writing for a film that Kathleen Kennedy said doesn't exist?