main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: A Musical Journey In London April 10 11

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by DarthBreezy, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Anyone else going? My freind and I bought tickets already - Going to be a bit of a trip as we also have tickets for Be Near Me in Inverness (Ian!!!) on the 8th - (Yes, we ARE crazy!!)

2. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I really really hope to go, but I'll have a Uni fieldwork in Spain around those dates. Still don't know if I'll be back in London on time, but should find out later next week. *fingers crossed*

3. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Not sure if I'll be able to make it- would love to go thou considering the UK doesn't get many of these Star Wars dos

4. darthtoast

darthtoast Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2000
    Is there any news as to who the narrator is yet?

5. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm going :D

I'm betting on Anthony Daniels being the narrator.

6. edgejedi

edgejedi Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2004
    Yup - tis indeed Mr Daniels now confirmed.

Hope to see some of you there for the Northern Invasion of London

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'll be looking out for you.

8. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    Stuff like this makes me wish I was already 18, and if only I could afford a decent set of fan made armour so I could join the 501st!
    Ah well, wishful thinking never got anyone anywhere.
    Time I got revising, get my A-levels, go to University, get a degree, get a decent well paid job.
    And then, well let's see Darth RL try to stop me!

9. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Yep. I will be there on Friday.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    This will be a day long remembered.........hopefully :p

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Well I made it to London - if anyone is interested in saying hello on Friday afters drop me a PM.

12. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Reposting from the "Film Music" forum:

Yesterday, A Musical Journey premiered in London, in the O2 Arena. And it was absolutely brilliant! The way the music was edited, perfectly syncronized with the videos on the giant screen. The amazing quality of the THX sound, enhanced by color-changing lights and bombastic lasers at appropriate times. The engaging performance of Anthony Daniels as host and narrator of the entire saga. Plus the pre-show treats of the artifacts exhibition and the ever-entertaining presence of the 501st and Rebel Legion members.

This was a night to remember. If, for some reason, your fandom is faltering; if the Clone Wars show somehow left you feeling that Star Wars was not for you anymore; if you are starting to feel you're too old or too cynical or too busy to be a fan of this thing anymore; then this concert should certainly rekindle that flame anew! I tell you, watching the whole saga resumed in 2 hours, with jaw-dropping music and stunning visuals, presented by goldenrod himself is more than enough to make you fall in love with this all over again.

If there is one point of contention, though, it's the use of characters' lines superimposed on the music during certain tracks. Similar to that Duel of the Fates trailer. At times they really work well to enhance the emotion and storytelling of the piece, but at others I just wanted them to shut up so I could enjoy the music. On average I think it's ok.

If you get a chance to see this, don't hesitate to go. There are still tickets available for today's concert!

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It was a very fine production indeed.

14. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Saw it. Liked it. Was sat in the front row, so I saw Anthony Daniels awesome overacting.

Minor quibbles about the intrusive dialogue and no "Obi-Wan death" (Not even mentioned in the narrative!) and no Dark Side Beckons or Emperors Theme. I think it was more about the Royal Philamonic rather than the SW music.

Bass player on the catina band was awesome. I've tried paying that and it is agony.

UKS

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I was sure they showed a (brief) clip of Obi Wan being killed by Vader in ANH.

They were never going to fit all the best pieces in, effectively one piece per video and if you're doing one about the Empire you must have the Imperial March.

16. darthhelinith

Feb 10, 2009
    No! Why? Why was I busy both nights? Why meeee!
    *sigh* Wish I'd been there.
    Where is the show going next, is touring Europe?

17. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    It's bound to start touring Europe now. And rumor is that before going to the USA it'll stop by the UK one more time. So keep your ears opened and don't miss it again!

18. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Hello All,

Longtime no see.

Was a fantastic night on the Friday premiere, wish I could have seen the Saturday performance also.

I have some videos and picturs if anyone is interested, was lucky enough to go.

Amazing show, even though it wasn't Jhn Williams and The LSO ?!!!!

Took a non SW friend and they were blown away by the performance also

Speak soon,

Best Regards

19. A-Null

A-Null Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 23, 2009
    Hey SW fans,

Newbie here so just getting used to the forum and its many threads and chapters! WOW this place is huge!

I was at the Friday performance of this and it was amazing! I went with my wife who is not into SW at all and at the end of it she told me she really enjoyed it. So much so that on the Bank holiday coming up we are going to watch the episodes 1, 2 and 3 in a row as she has never seen them. I am really excited about that.

I listened to the forcecast that followed this with guys from lightsabre.co.uk and jedinews.co.uk and there was a mention that it might come back to London in November (i think it was this forcecast). I would love this as that is around my birthday!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.