main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Nov 10, 2015.

1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Regarding the timeline placement of those stories:
    Cavan Scott told me on Twitter that, in The Steal, Ezra is around 6 months.

2. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    So the books take place 19/18 BBY? We have TIE fighters and Stormtroopers less than 6 months after RotS?

3. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Apparently.

4. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
  5. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    This reminds me of how the old EU often worked. The kids books would throw in this and that, working largely under the radar, and then in later years the sourcebooks would have to clean up (i.e. cleverly retcon) the situation.

6. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Except this isn't the old EU anymore. It's all consistent now, remember? o_O

MercenaryAce likes this.
  7. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    There is nothing in the books themselves to confirm this, correct? All we have are comments by the author? Because in Kanan the stormtroopers still wear the ROTS clone armor c. 3-4 months after Order 66. So if these books do take place in 19 BBY then the switch from clone to OT stormtrooper armor happens more or less over night...

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    In the whole Empire? Probably not. In sufficient parts for the story? Sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014

It's more like 16/17BBY. I know Lina refers to Ezra as 'a baby', but he's a toddler really.

spicer likes this.
  10. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    In Lords Of The Sith five years after this story Vader still flies around with V Wings though?

spicer likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Personal preference for his flagship, for all we know. The Empire is not going to throw away good ships, after all.

12. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I think that Cavan Scott should know how old he wrote the baby. And he said about six months.

13. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014

I was Cav's editor on the book and wrote the outline, and we may have got our wires crossed a bit, to be honest. Now that I can see there's some confusion, I might actually do a little reprint correction, because if you read Ezra as 6mo old in this book it does rather have some odd implications for TIEs and troopers (as noted in this thread.)

Helrot, Sinrebirth and Taalcon like this.
  14. Miken Ayers

Miken Ayers Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2015
    If it get's corrected for the US editions, then I would buy the books again.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I do have to say that if people are having to dig so deep that they are mentioning that Tie Fighters were introduced a couple years earlier than they should have been I'd say that means that the story group (and everyone else involved) is doing a darn good job with the continuity.

16. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    What are the odds that this series will be retconned out of canon

Hildalgo: Aventures in wild space is actually a children's holonet series created shortly after the battle of endor to teach children of the new republic how evil the empire was

:p

Helrot likes this.
  17. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I can see no reason why it should be retconned out of existence. It's been entertaining so far.

18. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    It HAS been a good series so far but personally I'd say it's actually created one of the biggest canon "misteps" so far. Tie fighters and stromtroopers only 6 months after ROTS, I honestly don't see that being referred to in ANY other canon story in future. After six months the officers should still be (accidentally) saying "for the republic!" in my eyes

spicer likes this.
  19. vstarvan

Aug 11, 2013
    Didn't a rep from Egmont say it was four years after RotS? That makes a lot more sense than 6 months. Perphaps the author was just misinformed about Ezra's age?

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And in-story, it's not like it's unambiguously stated:

Ezra's referred to as a "chubby baby" in a cot - but some people use cots pretty late - and the term "baby" like "boy" can be used pretty loosely - if Kylo can be a boy of 29, can't Ezra be a baby of four?

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And only children are usually referred to as babies for longer, in my (personal) experience.

22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    So any idea how many more books are left in this series?

I assume at least one more perhaps they might introduce that agent, Ezra meets during the first season of Star Wars Rebels?

23. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I firmly believe that the series DOES take place five years or so after ROTS HOWEVER the author (probably haven't watched much rebels) mistakenly believed Ezra to be 12 years old in the series, due to his "young design". It's something I can understand Ezra is actually a day or so OLDER than Luke and Leia yet in the Leia episode she looks to be in her twenties and Ezra looks like he hasn't even hit puberty yet!

24. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    But if it were indeed a problem, wouldn't the Story Group have objected to it?

25. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    Maybe they just rolled out the TIE designs and new stormtrooper armor in Wild Space first? As a test market or something?