main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Nov 10, 2015.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    When their parents are captured by the evil Galactic Empire, brother and sister Milo and Lina Graf must set out on an epic quest to free them. Menaced by Imperial agents, bounty hunters, and gangsters, they will have to travel across the galaxy uncovering clues to rescue their parents and aid the Rebellion in the fight against the Empire…

[​IMG]

This is a prequel to a 4-part young readers series written by Cavan Scott. Check out Florian B's twitter for more info. All credit goes to him for the info. https://twitter.com/DarthSpiriah

Gorefiend and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    So this is going to be a prequel to a four book series released later?

3. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    Yes, that is my understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    So.... it's Galaxy of Fear, Redux?

5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    The first thing that sprung to my mind.

Starkeiller likes this.
  6. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    So...it's a five part series?

7. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    So far this is only a U.K. release. From the editor regarding having info on international releases: "Not as yet, but I'll let you know if I have any official news on them." Not saying it won't get a U.S. release but there's always a chance it won't. But the Servants of the Empire series is over now and this would fill that spot in the middle grade category.

And yes, it's a five part series. This book is the prequel out on Feb. 25, two more in March, and two more in June. The other 4 will be about twice the page count (180ish).

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    This looks awesome.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

BobaMatt likes this.
  9. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Surely if they release a prequel first then by default that stops being the prequel and just becomes the actual release followed up by sequels?!!

In any event, can't wait for this!

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    [​IMG]

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh these should be good fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. TheyMightBeGeeks

Jul 23, 2015
    They're calling it a prequel because it's not required in order to understand the following four books. So it's a possibility that the four main books get a U.S. release but this prequel doesn't make it over here.

Endol likes this.
  13. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    Ah right, potentially makes sense!

14. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    Prelude is a better word than prequel for something like this. Prequel generally means a story released afterwards that takes place prior to the original story. The Hobbit (novel) is not referred to as a Prequel to the Lord of the Rings, it is marketed as a Prelude. I like that better.

Ulicus , spicer, Cynical_Ben and 3 others like this.
  15. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I like the reddish color of the planet - does this take place on Dathomir?

16. TheyMightBeGeeks

Jul 23, 2015
    Everything has to be a prequel these days it seems like. Someone somewhere will eventually call The Force Awakens a prequel to Episode VIII. Then VIII will be called a prequel to IX... And it all started right here with Star Wars back in 1999.

Valin__Kenobi and GFRthree like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If I can get US editions over here, I'm fairly certain you'll be able to get this in the US in imported form.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Wonder if they'll release it as an audiobook. I'm guessing no, but all recent SW YA and YR books have been.

Servants of the Empire was not, however. But they may have decided to go with that trend after that series started.

19. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Sure, but people being wrong is nothing new.

20. iucounu

iucounu Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 28, 2014
  21. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
    Some more information about the books

The World Book Day book (The Escape) , by Cavan Scott, will launch the first in the brand new series and publish simultaneously with two others – Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space: The Snare, also by Scott, and Star Wars: Adventures Wild Space: The Nest by Tom Huddleston.

[​IMG]

The new series stars Milo and Lina Graf who set off on a perilous journey across the unknown reaches of Wild Space to rescue their parents who have been abducted by agents of the evil Empire. We meet a whole new cast of characters, including a new droid, CR-8R, and a new villain, Captain Korda, all illustrated below.

[​IMG]

Captain Korda has freaking prosthetic jaw:

[​IMG]

So, whose picking them up this week?

22. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    I ordered them all, but won't have them before March.

23. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    I'm quite confused after reading the article. The books are obviously due to be released on Feb. 25th, but I've already read the World Book Day title two weeks ago and the other two books will arrive tomorrow, they've already been sent. Someone at Amazon obviously messed up.

24. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    The Snare and the Nest are widely available in WHSmiths and Forbidden Planet. i have found them at both of these shops. The Escape however (which i want to read first) is proving more elusive.

Im also waiting for them to be potentially available at somewhere like Tesco which would be significantly cheaper than the main bookshops.

25. StoryWorthTelling

StoryWorthTelling Jedi Master star 2

Jan 8, 2015
    I couldn't get the first on Amazon (I guess it's harder to find?) but I ordered the other two there and the first I was able to get on Ebay International. Paying $18 for shipping, I'm glad the actual book prices are decent.