main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Nov 10, 2015.

1. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
  2. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Really hope I can get my hands on this series soon! :)
    One of the sources is the author's website: "He’s also hard at work on Book Four, ‘The Dark’."

The_Dark and bsmith7174 like this.
  3. The_Dark

The_Dark Jedi Knight

Jan 1, 2009
    I'd like to thank Stover and the Academy for that role.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  4. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Yep. When I write something on WP, I include a source (as is standard procedure); just follow the reference. ;-)

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's up on Amazon UK as AIWS 4 with a release date of Jun 30 2016.

6. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I just finished the snare last night and I gotta say I'm glad I stuck with it. I really enjoyed the second half as it had the kids working as a team as opposed to the beginning which sort of set up that the sister was going to be the only one that got stuff done.

I really liked Korda's reference to a (clone wars?) battle that lost his jaw and I hope we get more details on it in the future books :)

7. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Does anyone have any experience with how long it usually takes to ship from Amazon.co.uk to the US with standard international shipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    When mine come the other way the estimate is 9-21 business days. Usually I get them in a week or two assuming no holidays in between.

I got a pre-order rebate on both of my longer books (not the Book Day one) of £1.75 each since the price dropped after my order. Not complaining!

9. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Got the same rebate. Still waiting for "The Escape," but I could resist starting anyway...

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    All 3 of mine came in the same package. I might start them this coming week if I'm not too busy.

11. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoyed them too.

How are these books turning out? Any good? Worth looking into? They're not going to be cheap to get.

12. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Looks like Book #3 is titled The Steal:
    So the series goes:
    • The Escape (prequel)
    1. The Snare
    2. The Nest
    3. The Steal
    4. The Dark

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I read The Escape today and it wasn't too bad. I do have a question for those who have read further. I know this book said the boy is nine but I couldn't find an age for the girl (who is older). I'm guessing ten or eleven but has it been speciified? I'm just curious.

14. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I read all three books, but I can't remember Lina's age being specified, which is a bit odd.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm still waiting for your answer on whether I'll like these :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

16. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Oops, sorry. Looks like I forgot.

Well, of course it's hard to determine whether you of all people would think of them. However, if I might hazard a guess, I'd say you probably would find them pleasant. It's pretty obvious that Scott and Huddleston know their Legends well enough to include nods here and there (the Imperial Survey Corps is mentioned, the family ship is a Mu-class, and so on).

17. Hamawald

Hamawald Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2014
    I think Lina was referred to at one point as one year older than Milo, so around ten it is.

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Thanks!

19. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Still waiting for mine to come from the UK :_|

20. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    Got The Snare and The Nest in today. Still haven't received The Escape...even though that was shipped two days earlier than the others. Odd...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    International shipping from Amazon.co.uk is ridiculously high (something like $7-8 per book). I ordered from BookDepository.com which has free worldwide shipping w/ no minimum order amount. They don't have "The Escape" yet but I got the other two for $14.99 total.

22. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    I'm in the U.S. and got this today thanks to BookDepository. Arrived in only 6 business days for a total of $14.99 for both The Snare and The Nest. My copy of The Snare should be here Monday.
    [​IMG]

23. bsmith7174

Apr 17, 2015
    The Snare and The Nest were shipped to me from Amazon.co.uk on February 26 and they arrived March 3 (estimated was March 18).

The Escape was shipped to me from the Amazon.co.uk on February 24 and has not arrived (estimated March 16)

I realize I still have 10 days until the estimated delivery date but the fact that the other two books already arrived makes me confused...I hope that it didn't get here and someone stole it off my doorstep or something...I'm going to go ahead and assume that UK to US shipping is wonky and that it's still on its way...

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry til it's past the estimated day. I've had varying results with US to UK as well.

25. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    is there any clues from the peeps that have read the books thus far where this falls in the timeline? Pre ANH, but can we get anything more specific?

vstarvan likes this.