main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Star Wars: After the Awakening

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Jan 9, 2016.

1. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Elias Noble
    Shadow, Corellian moon

‘Unsteady fellow, this Duke,’ Elias thought, as Praxon voice ranged from indignation to fear over the comm. An urgent beeping signalled that Elias’ own concerns had been realized. The computer indicated a Star Destroyer directly in their path. He heard Praxon stammer, I-if you're hearing this, I-I could use some help here!”

Elias answered into his mic, as confidently as he could manage, “We don’t have time for a meet and greet, but if it makes you feel better, I’m a Jedi.” Elias didn’t stop to clarify that it had been nine years since he had been an active member of the Jedi Order. “It seems you made some questionable friends, and those idiots who tried to abduct you want to get you to Yavin. If you’ve got a better plan, I’m all ears, but I have an obligation to reunite these men.” Elias hadn’t even had time to consider his role in the death of the soldier. Misguided or foolish as their plan may have been, he had acted brashly and another life had paid the price. Elias shook the thought, and tried to focus.

“If you need ‘em, we can send the hyperspace coordinates for Yavin! We’ll keep any fighters off of you while you dally.” Elias hoped that would encourage Duke to make a move.

Tag: Ktala, HanSolo29, Sinrebirth

2. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Belila Gambros (Bre)
    Shadow Moon - Corellia

As Fred chirped, Bre heard a reply over the comlink. ["Hey…y-you still there?!"] Praxton yelled out desperately to Bre. ["I-if you're hearing this, I-I could use some help here!"] Bre looked over to Big Blue, as he responded to Praxton.

Elias answered into his mic, sounding confident.[“We don’t have time for a meet and greet, but if it makes you feel better, I’m a Jedi.”] Bre only grinned, shushing Fred to be quiet. Not all would consider being in the company of a Jedi as being comforting, especially looking down the nose of a Star destroyer. Big Blue continued. [“It seems you made some questionable friends, and those idiots who tried to abduct you want to get you to Yavin. If you’ve got a better plan, I’m all ears, but I have an obligation to reunite these men.”] Elias shook his head.

[“If you need ‘em, we can send the hyperspace coordinates for Yavin! We’ll keep any fighters off of you while you dally.” ]

Bre shook her head. "Yarvin, huh? If these guys were in on the plan, they might know the destination too. Either way, going to be an interesting trip." Bre looked down the hallway, where they had put 'Fox' and that other guy, and then looked back at Elias. She was worried about his shoulder wound. But hopefully, he would be fine, at least until the immediate threat was over.

"So, whats the plan?" she asked him.

TAG: HanSolo29, Sinrebirth, NickLitYouAFlame

3. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    OOC: Combo post!

IC: Kodo Prine -- Dagobah Swamp

"We need to go, and talk about it later," Kyle said, and Kodo looked up at him silently. "Can you keep up with me?" the older man asked, his hand now on Kodo's shoulder.

Oh I'm sure we can. We ran just fine from what we just did, didn't we?

Kodo stiffened at Kyle's touch, with a mix of guilt and indignance. "Yes," he snapped, before sagging again. He exhaled deeply and looked down at his worn boots. "Yes," he said more calmly, "let's go."

Kyle noted the stiffening, and some kind of nudge to Kodo, but Kyle decided not to take it into account until they escaped. 'Come on', without further ado, he dashed back the way he had came, only to find the Moldy Crow under fire by a double squad of troopers, the ramp up, and exchanging fire with the troops.

'Stang,' said Kyle, and launched into the fray, for one soldier to turn and fire a concussion rifle - a notable anti Jedi weapon - towards where he had been standing. Nonetheless Kyle went flying, squeezing his eyes shut against the debris.

Kodo was blessedly more than a few meters behind Kyle when he was sent airborn, and managed to go unseen in addition to being unharmed.

They've killed your poor friend. Destroy them quickly, before they kill you too! They have no mercy, show them none in return.

A mix of fear and bile filled him as he watched Master Katarn land awkwardly and come to rest on his side. Wrathfully, he activated his lightsaber and hurled it spinning, guided by the force toward the trooper which had seemed to have felled Kyle. The sapphire blade pierced his torso, impaling him through the thick spot in his armor where the neck met the sternum, and sticking in place as he fell to his knees and sunk backwards. A dashing Kodo retrieved the blade just before the trooper crumbled to the ground completely, and spun into a low swipe which took another out at the knees. He was brought to a stop afterward by a blaster bolt to the thigh, however, and fell to one knee clutching his wound. Rage spasmed through him like a convulsion as he focused on the pain, drawing upon it as he stood.

The troopers seemed to realise as a group they were under attack, at which point the Crow shifted its fire to catch those rising to engage the new arrivals. This didn't stop two drawing a bead on Kodo and opening fire with traditional guns, attempting the catch him in a crossfire as he covered Kyle, who was still winded.

Reacting quickly, he threw his hand forward, ripping the gun from one trooper's grasp into his own and then leveling it at the other just as one slug struck his shoulder, and another his hip. He briskly fired off three shots which met their mark and sent the trooper to the muddy ground.

He looked at the other unarmed trooper, and tossed the gun aside as he lunged. He thought of Kyle again, and spurred on by his anger he deactivated his lightsaber, captured the trooper by the collar with his offhand and sent a stiff boot into the side of his knee, causing it to buckle at a ghastly angle. His cry of misery was quickly strangled as Kodo brought the pommel of his hilt down into the trooper's head, knocking his helmet off and sending him to the ground to perch atop him. He struck the already felled trooper about the skull repeatedly with his saber, sensing the man's pain like electricity and picturing Kyle's limp form with each stroke.

A limp form which was limp no longer.

Kyle's gloved hand reached for Kodo's shoulder, and pulled him free of his rage. 'Calm down, you need to calm down.' Though the Master could see the actions that were clearly enraged, he could not entirely sense them, implying that Kodo was serene while he acted?

Deflecting a bolt into a trooper, and another to drive one more under cover, Katarn watched the Crow reorient to drop its ramp.

'Come on,' Kyle said, unsure of himself but sure that he needed to help with Kodo more than ever. 'It's time to go.'

For his part, Kodo had snapped back to reality the moment he looked over his shoulder to see Kyle alive and well. And as his rage abated, so did his strength. As Kyle ushered him up the ramp of the Crow, with each step he limped more deeply.

Finally he fell to a weak sitting position as the ramp closed behind them, and his hip, shoulder, and thigh all throbbed intensely. His frayed brown robes were stained with blood. Not just his own. Breathing deeply, he leaned forward to rest his head in both hands, and thought of all the killing he had just done - and how, for a moment, anger had felt like a drug.

TAG: Sinrebirth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Chapter Five

Now

Tahiri Veila stared at the grove of lambent crystals, growing glassy eyed in thought at Anakin, whose lightsaber had been powered by those crystals. A small hand touched upon her hip, and she turned, looked down to Telti, smiling slightly. 'I miss him too,' the Chadra-Fan said.

Tahiri nodded, slowly. 'He would have figured out how to stop Ben.'

'Jaina tried, and she failed.' Danni spoke up, leading the weeding of the grove with Yuuzhan Vong children, delicately extricating amphistaff polyps with their own clawed tools. Polyps were one species which retained its aggressiveness in its youth, but when they matured became pliant unless moulded by a warrior, and though some Yuuzhan Vong had been allowed to do so, to protect the slow and steady colonisation of the Mobus system, it had been noticeably more difficult to bring that almost teenage angst out of the creatures since planted on Sekot, but it was necessary to protect the Yuuzhan Vong in an Unknown Regions full of Terrors.

Tahiri shook her head. 'Jaina is very direct. Ben was kept from the rest of the family in his early youth because of the Empire, and when they finally brought it all back together... Ben felt rejected. His family never met his expectations.' The words tumbled from her mouth, slowly. 'Jaina had the same issue, due to them having to be in the care of Winter, and others, away from the front, because of Leia being Chancellor, because of Imperial hunters.'

'Even a Galactic Concordance couldn't stop everything,' said Danni, huffing slightly in the heat. 'Not with Thrawn, Palpatine and Daala still around. Even then, most of the time after Jakku the Empire as a whole was compliant with the treaty.'

'I wish I had met this Ben Solo, and indeed Anakin Solo,' came the voice of Vergere, the chosen form of Sekot today, sitting on a boras branch above the grove. 'Ben seems like his soul needed much soothing.'

Tahiri looked up to Sekot, as ever slightly ambiguous towards the form who had changed Jacen so much. 'Jaina got over it. In the middle of the Yuuzhan Vong War. Ben felt more rejected than any of them, even though it was really just the way events turned out that Anakin, Jacen and Jaina ended up together from an early age, on New Alderaan, on Anoth, and so on. It was not Han and Leia's fault, but he felt they should have tried harder to keep the family together.'

'And then Snoke happened, while we were all focused on the Yuuzhan Vong War and its aftermath,' said Telki, thoughtful. 'He even felt that the focus on Anakin's death was at his expense, and Jacen and Jaina being elevated to the status of heroes beside Luke was just one more thing, especially as Ben and Jacen were quite similar in temperament and philosophical position... Before.'

'Yes,' said Tahiri, taking one more breath. 'We haven't had contact from the New Republic since we felt that... Disaster, whatever it was. And we cannot get through. At some point we are going to have to investigate, take a ship or two to check.'

Sekot extended the willowy hand of Vergere, palm up. 'There is no Jedi Order to join up with, Tahiri Veila. What would you do?'

Tahiri set her face. 'I don't know. But my instincts say it is connected to Ben, and someone needs to stop him before he does something he cannot come back from.' Into the silence, she added. 'More than what he has already done.'

'I think,' said Sekot, turning her beak up to the sky. 'You may already be too late.'

---
    IC: Vima Da-Boda
    Slums, Port, Reecee

The boy, Tyjah, Vima had managed to skim from his thoughts, moved behind her, seemingly sensing her positive reinforcement, though he felt slightly confused.

The officer, with teen in tow, marched up to Vima and Tyjah. 'Vima would ask what is the problem, officer.'

'Is this boy yours?' The man gruffly asked, a groomed and petulant moustache betraying that he was younger than he appeared and seemingly wished to use his height to impose authority, towering over the slight old woman. In summary, he was a small minded man, Vima judged, a kind of person she had faced many times before.

Eyeing the rank bar across his chest, Vima continued. 'Sergeant...' And, when he thought of his own name to fill the gap, snatching that information from his mind. 'Felton, Vima is indeed taking responsibility for this one.'

Beetling his brow in a scowl, the officer wondered how she knew his name but refusing to be trifled with, using his free hand to point his stun baton at Vima. 'So are you aware he is stealing, and fencing those items to this delinquent?' Felton shoved Dealer to the floor between them.

Vima stepped to turn the confrontation into a square, bringing Tyjah into it, eyeing Tyjah slightly with a look of criticism, before looking back at the other boy, who on closer inspection was bruised, his eyepatch askew to reveal it was a fake, with both eyes intact. Interestingly, he looked particularly like Tyjah, which was a curious twist.

Debating, and then deciding, Vima looked back to the officer, lifting her hand slightly, subtly, but also nudging Tyjah to pay attention, also revealing, with the lift of her arm, the lightsaber hanging from her belt, carefully, so only Tyjah would see.

'Vima thinks that you should leave us, and believe that the items you have recovered were handed in anonymously, by someone who had found them.' Vima looked at Tyjah, indicating that he should handover whatever else he had stolen. 'As were these.'

The officer nodded, repeated what she had said, his eyes out of focus. Dealer's skin went white in fear as he realised what Vima potentially was. Then he repeated Vima's next instruction. 'And Vima thinks I should go back to my speeder, and forget all about this. Perhaps even remove my moustache.'

With that, the officer left.

Vima watched him go, and then, placing a finger on her lips, bade them to follow her. Gesturing, one of the nearby sewer plates rolled away, and she directed them to her hovel under the port. The smell was... Horrendous, but she offered them food, and drink, some of which was fresh.

'Vima offers much, and more besides, for little boys playing at adult.'

The woman pottered around at the stove. There were no walls, just a slight tarp hung above, drawn over the top of blankets upon the hard floor, the stove providing food and heat, with a cable running up to one of the warehouses above. 'A cable running down people assume is connected to something important, Vima finds. They leave it be.' Boxes acted as impromptu seats, though Vima settled upon the cushions, her joints loudly cracking.

'So Vima sees that you are both orphans, and refugees. Much in common, you have, Vima thinks.' She shrugged. 'Decisions, you have to make.'

--
    Spaceport, elsewhere

Walking along with four Stormtroopers was not particularly subtle, but the Reecee government was poised to be within First Order territory if matters continued as they were and the New Republic base abandoned. Offering to put in a good word with Snoke had been all that Shira had been required to do, even with zero intention or indeed ability to do so.

Following the taste of the boy within the Force had proven difficult as someone appeared to be suppressing it now. Another signature in the Force had briefly arisen, and it's imprint upon another was something that Shira had been able to follow using the oracle she possessed. It did not take much to track it to an addled police officer who was returning stolen jewellery to the precinct. Flashing the cams so that there was no record of her arrival, Shira and her troopers easily managed to wrangle a private discussion with the officer in the presence of the 'returned' items.

Warily the man watched her. His upper lip betraying that he had just shaved it. Piqued by curiosity, Shira was able to use the Force to be given the opportunity to handle the items, sampling their distinct flavour. It had been some time since she had handled something of little Tyjah's; childhood toys, a siblings head, to form a connection. With fresh imprints, Shira promptly looked at the officer, debating whether her Force flashing of the cameras would be sufficient.

Possibly not, what with more than a dozen others having seen her arrive.

With a nod, Shira excused herself from the room and noted her Stormtroopers had positioned themselves so two guarded the entrance to the precinct from the inside, one was outside, and one remained to hand to assist her. That made matters considerably simpler.

'Kill all the witnesses, and if anyone sees you, kill them too.'

Shira had no need to watch another massacre, and she simply sat down in the lobby entrance and perused the magazines there. It wouldn't be long before she could restart her pursuit of little Tyjah.

@Unaidedspud
    ---
    IC: Crusher
    En route to Yavin

The bridge of the Bellicose was silent, shock filling it. No, wait, there was the faint retching of someone attempting to hold their stomach in. And then, yes, there was the cloud of red surrounding Crusher. He was not just infuriated, he was appalled by the actions of N'Dul, him having just acceded the point that Crusher would command the Bellicose and N'Dul the assault portion of the mission.

It was literally about Aban, and now he had shown deference to Crusher, and not to N'Dul. Aban found himself, all but as white as the hair on his head, remember then-Captain Pellaeon, paraphrasing how Grand Admiral Thrawn had said that C'boath was actually a better alternative to another Vader, with his own ambitions for rule. Of course, Thrawn had been wrong, as C'boath sabotaged the clones on Wayland, but Aban could not help but think of that comment, unhappily made by Pellaeon nearly three decades ago, six months after the Galactic Concordance had originally been signed.

Aban went to prostrate himself before N'Dul, for he clearly had no choice, and Crusher moved forward, armour clacking along with him, lightsaber hilt now in his hand. Crusher had found the Knights of Ren useful as its membership was not as black and white as being darksiders only. There was more to it than that. N'Dul, however, was aspiring to behaviour more befitting that of Palpatine's court, something that even the First Order with its fascism did not aspire to recreate, the faintly jingoistic element to following a 'Supreme Leader'

Squeezing his gloved fists, Crushed stepped into the middle of the mess, gesturing with his hilt. 'I would speak to you in my chambers. Now. Captain Aban can abase himself to you later.'

Crusher did not even accept a reply, simply brushing past N'Dul, pushing aside his clique from the gangway - one fell into the crew pit with a cry - and Crusher stalked back to his room, fast enough that N'Dul would have to be seen to be visibly rushing to Crushers' beck and call, which he would not, but he would also likely look forward to a confrontation. And so Crusher had a moment to himself when he flicked open and close his room doors, seething.

With a gesture, Crusher lifted the Holocron to his free hand, surging it with the Force to speak to it. He would need to hide it in a moment anyway. Crusher was already speaking before it fully convalesced, staring into space. 'N'Dul is pushing me, acting barbarically to get a reaction from me. If I react, I reveal myself, and then -'

Crusher looked back to the Holocron, and then he collapsed to the floor as it drew his memories of it into it. A clank of his armour, and he went down like a heap.

@Dreadwar
    ---
    IC: Fett
    Yaga Minor gone wrong

The airlock cycled, and the General did not seem to be amused. Clearly, he had never heard of an 'Ultra Stygian' level of security, though had Atropos perhaps been garbed as a Knight of Ren he would have been considerably more intimidated. Boba Fett, noting the teasing 'Vhett', would have rolled his eyes had he that expressive a face, and instead he turned his back on the issue and opened the doorway.

Berrida pointed a pudgy finger at Fett. 'See here. I have been a General for many years, I am not some First Order tool who can be ordered around. Unless you immediately show me your authority, I will call security down on you!' As he spoke, he reached down for his comlink, and Fett didn't need to see how Atropos would deal with the Imperial.

He just needed somewhere to store the body, alive or otherwise.

--
    Former rally area

Goran's eyes nearly bulged from his head as Susulur threw a toxic cloud at the oncoming troopers. Chemical weapons were notoriously fickle, and Goran didn't deal in them for this reason. Scrabbling to his feet and grabbing his bucket, he glanced around the edge of Slave I to see troopers literally melting in the face of the approaching wave, armour, skin, flesh, and collapsing. Pretty gruesome, and Goran felt gorge rise in his throat, pulling away before he threw up in his recovered helmet. You never did that twice.

Slapping the ramp closed as the other Mando boarded, Goran felt the ship reorient, and by the time he reached the cockpit, the ship was upright and he had to finish off by pushing off the ladder rungs running along what was the originally the floor. Reaching one of two co-pilot seats, Goran pulled himself in heavily, feeling a bruised or maybe even broken rib. Thankfully he had been most of his way to his seat before he reorient had occurred; had he been second into the ship he wouldn't have been able to do it.

As they emerged from the hole in the bay, Goran glanced the Cutlass-class corvette a moment before it flooded the viewport with green fire. The slave rig compensated by dodging, but a hair too slow and the Firespray-class ship was clipped, shields weak, and spinning. Grimacing against the inertia, Goran called out as the spin continued. 'Autopilots down, and I -' Goran winced as he strained against his results and felt something pop inside, 'I can't move.'

Behind the corvette an Imperial mark II Destroyer was moving into a position as backstop, and Goran shook his head, gesturing at the pilots chair. 'Stick is yours, friend. The names Goran. Don't scratch us up too much, Fett will not forgive you.'

TAG: Tim Battershell, @Mitth-Fisto
    ---
    IC: Kyle Katarn
    Going up, and hopefully not down

Kyle winced slightly as the Moldy Crow pushed off the surface, blaster bolts chewing at the paint more than the hull, but that was annoying enough. Since the Order had collapsed in recent years the ship had evolved into the home of him and Jan, and thus Kyle had became defensive of it. Winking at Kodo, carefully moved and strapped in behind him by Kyle, Kyle smiled in spite of himself, especially with how Kodo had acted below, and then pushed the bravado even stronger. 'Watch the fun we're about to have with a Star Destroyer.'

The orbiting vessel was rolling to engage them, already spilling fighters into the void. Moving off to block the same route they needed to take to jump from the system, Kyle keyed the weapons controls to Kodo's console. 'Do your bit for me, would you?'

'Concentrate, Kyle.' Jan bit out, as the first of the TIE's came into rang. 'And do your bit.'

'On it, Jan,' said Kyle, smiling. Keying the com, he activated the intra-system link, the only manner of communication that seemed to unaffected by the First Order. 'Any time now, students.'

'Speak for yourself,' came a sarcastic reply, and then a click.

Three fighter craft decanted from hyperspace - a micro jump from deeper in-system - an elderly Z-95 under control of Jaden Korr, an XJ5 with Rosh Penin piloting, and a T-70 X-wing flown by Valin Horn. They veered into the side of the first TIE squadron, cutting it apart, and then re-oriented to make a side run at the Destroyer, the Crow plunging forward. Kodo would feel the edges of a combat meld reaching for him, and Kyle joined it, weaving the four together to coordinate fire against shielded TIEs and then to lob a focused barrage of torpedoes at the Destroyer bridge.

Look at you! Completely surrendering your fate! You completely disgust me.

The voice withdrew from Kodo, a presence almost sapping his strength as it went away, corresponding to when the meld drew him in. The meld have him sustenance, supported him, with Rosh's shade of guilt, Jaden's focus, Valin's wild youth and Kyle's resolute will flooding into him. They touched at the damage to him, felt it's loneliness, and sought to bind him to them in a light which no Empire could reduce.

But for a moment of praxis, Kodo would, before the meld caught him in its graceful hand, feel as if, with the voice leaving him, a moment of utter abandonment and exhaustion, and if he lost to it - or he chose to lose to it, and reach back for the voice to sustain him - the meld would not reach him, and the Jedi would be rebuffed.

Such a slip of concentration might have dire consequences for all involved.

TAG: Darth_wanderguard
    ---
    IC: Wyn
    Above Shadow, out of it

Ordinary a stun shot would have taken you out for an hour, maybe more. However, when your restraints are weakly pulled as your friend is in a rush, and a wild manoeuvre sends you head down to bash into the console of the co-pilot station, it is quite possible to wake up earlier.

'Ow,' said Wyn, pained. The woman rubbed her forehead, felt a cut split upon it, and then looked up, eyes widening and a surge of adrenaline waking him from his stupor. 'What the hell, Praxon!'

A Star Destroyer, a veritable swarm of fighters. Wyn's glance to her friend lead her to see the Rodian collapsed on the floor, who Wyn recognised from the Resistance. Pulling a tight face, Wyn said. 'Okay, I may have some explaining to do, but it is going to have to wait.'

Wyn didn't know she was on an open channel, and Bre and Elias would be equally unhappy, with little doubt, but Wyn did not hear their response, if any, as she unclipped and reached for the Rodian, patting pockets until she pulled out a datachip. Removing an adaptor from the wrist link of his chronometer, she slotted the chip onto the adaptor, and then the whole thing into her copilot station.

'The agents have the data for the jump, and I have the codekey adaptor. So unless someone nabs both of us, they don't have the full picture.' Wyn quickly downloaded the data.

'I have jump coordinates.'

Whatever Wyn had, they had a squadron of TIE fighters to deal with, the vanguard of the Destroyer, which was threading its way through local traffic and orienting itself to give a broadside to an approaching Strident-class Star Defender on the far side of the ship. The captain joined the channel. 'Resistance ships, both of you, are to surrender immediately.'

Already a dozen other tramp freighters were ensnared in tractor beams and being collected by TIEs, the captain seeking to grab the entire Resistance mission and thus under-dedicating to the two ships carrying the actual players in this ersatz drama turned real. Wyn finally noticed the others when the word Jedi came up, blinking. 'Am I giving them guys the coordinates?'

Then the others chimed in, mentioning Yavin. 'Oh, they know already.'

Another TIE fighter jumped in from hyperspace, arguing behind the two of them and orienting around fire as if a fly dodging a dazed Gamorreon swatting itself. It immediately cut across the open channel. 'This is General Phennir. I am ordering a full pull-out of the system, letting go of each of our foes. This is an unsanctioned mission.'

A switch over to the channel the two ships were using happened. 'If you surrender now, I can guarantee you an honourable parole.'

Some captain railed over the open channel, but Phennir ignored them. With the confusion raging across the system, there were openings forming in the screen of struggling freighters caught in tractors beams, misguided TIE squadrons, and now, finally, Corellian fighters rushing to engage - with their presence, not weapons, yet.

Openings that could be taken if they were willing.

TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, HanSolo29, Ktala
    ---
    IC: Lysa Dunter
    Hyperspace

Technology has evolved to the point that communications could take place between ships in hyperspace, and although nobody was talking to her, Lysa felt that many of the others were talking privately. Without a feeling of her wingman, Lysa busied herself scanning the other members of the squadron - down two members, as Kyrell hadn't joined them in hyperspace either - and collecting damage reports which were minimal for those who had made it. Her knee bouncing in nervousness at the silence, she keyed a channel to Lead. 'Sir, Seven here, I have a sitrep on the status of the other ships for you.'

She forwarded it over, and Lysa felt the need to fill the silence as their astromechs communicated. 'Sir, I don't know how I feel about an assassination and capture mission. I know the rumours about Han Solo, and Hosnian definitely happened, but I can't say with conscience what we are doing is right - taking out Snoke and Kylo Ren is hardly going to stop the Empire.'

Lysa was rambling, reaching for an emotional connection from her commanding officer. Some deeper part of her would realise she was in shock, steered geared up from the surge of adrenaline from her first combat, so suddenly began, and ended, with losses already, losses she couldn't comprehend.

Perhaps Rhoen wasn't the best person to do this with, and in hyperspace heading to a rendezvous to boot. But Lysa was who she was. Ironically, she could not be anyone else now.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond22
    ---
    IC: Tremayne
    Dantooine

Former Inquisitor Tremayne was livid. They had been so close, and by dint of his arrogance, the Jedi had escaped. The town had been shuffled away to be processed, and Tremayne had not the time nor inclination to sort through each one. 'We need to pull out,' Tremayne muttered aloud.

'Sir,' said an officer, the Stormtrooper surprised. 'We have word that a Star Destroyer is en route, as part of the invasion of the region. We need not leave now, our mission was designed to be undercover only until they arrived, you said.'

'Yes...' Tremayne drew a long breath. He had tarried too long. 'Quite.'

The man promptly dismissed the officer, and reached into the Force to conceal himself from the other Stormtroopers, touching a memory here or there, erasing himself as best as possible. In his guise as a servant of Snoke, he could not be discovered by the First Order. However, his use of the Force more or less telegraphed exactly where he was to Kam and Tionne, and also that Tremayne was making his way away from the soldiers, and the village, even away from the transport he had commandeered. Tionne's senses, not as acute as Kam's, sensed the fear in Tremayne, and she whispered to her husband. 'He's afraid of something, and it includes his own men.'

'Something more is going on here.' Tionne was not one to wait, however, and she made a decision swiftly. 'I can make a scene, and you can go and apprehend him. Tremayne must have a plan to escape beyond his troops - we can piggy-back, maybe even steal his ship.'

Tionne kissed him on the cheek, and then smiled, sadly, at their Rodian friend. 'Sorry about this.'

She lifted out her hand, and Force pushed him out of the line, sending him flying. Promptly troopers began to converge on Tionne, and she flashed Kam a grin before dashing off, lightsaber in hand but not ignited. Running away from Tremayne. The procession of villagers began to scatter, and bedlam broke out.

TAG: Tensu
    ---
    IC: Corran Horn
    Battle of Eshan

'I may have snuck my X-wing in the freighter we're using today?' Corran smiled slightly. 'The Skate is too conspicuous, though I am happy to know that I had no need to be. I'll send Mirax to have Clighal moved, and head out.' Corran gave Vincent a look, the look of a pilot eager to do their bit. 'You coming up with me? Jysella can join us if you supply her a fighter - and do you have a target in mind?'

Treen bit her lip. 'As heartwarming as this is, I am feeling the need to find a ship to depart. The sooner I head back to Kuat I can rally the planet to the cause.' She stood. 'If I may take my leave?'

'Wait,' said the aide, 'the Imperials are moving.'

--
    In orbit.

The vanguard of the fleet was looking fairly chewed up, and two of the Resurgent-class Destroyers were beginning to list from the damage they had taken from that Echani flagship. However, the port and starboard wings of his fighter and transport fleet were fully deployed, and they had just backed out of the original gravity well. 'All stop, hold the line here.'

His port wing had the bulk of the drifting Bounty to screen itself, while the starboard was more vulnerable to fire. 'Shut down the Interdictor, and direct the wings to micro jump to the planet.'

On his cue, the various fighters and transports launched, past the main Echani fleet, and decanted on the planets gravity. Dozens of transports and shuttles, hundreds of fighter craft, all appearing in local space and threading the defence grid with fire. With the planet throughly enmeshed, Dorja smiled at the timing of it all, as the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer he had directed to join his forces from Forward Command arrived at a different point of the northern hemisphere to that of the focus of his two enveloping strikers. 'Have the Destroyer dismantle the planetary defences.' The overall manoeuvre had been difficult to achieve, and costly, especially as the Echani had picked away at the exposed fighter force and his smaller ships, in spite of the Lancer screen, had been damaged heavily, with several vessels out of the engagement and his Destroyers save for the Interdictor all showing signs of damage or weakening shields. In comparison the larger ships in the Echani fleet had been relatively untouched, in spite of the natural inclination of gunners to pick on the largest vessel in an enemy formation. That being said, dozens of the lesser patrol craft in the Echani fleet were broken, littering the vicinity, and the overall micro jump manoeuvre had been a movement of precision and discipline that Dorja had come to expect of the First Order recruits.

Dorja smiled, glancing to the form of Snoke beside him. He was accustomed to the Supreme Leader addressing him as a massive hologram, however today he had opted to appear as a normal sized although somewhat fall hologram, his cowl over his face and chin showing. 'Excellent work, Admiral Dorja. The other three Destroyers from Forward Command will arrive within an hour, nearly two for one.' That was a lie. One of many that had been told over the centuries. The other ships were not coming. There was no need for them, for the objective to be achieved.

Dorja clicked his heels and stood to attention, amused but pleased. 'Order the captains of those two crippled Destroyers to scuttle the ships, driving them towards the Echani formation and activating the self destruct. I expect to launch an offensive soon to break the fleet when it turns back to support the planet.'

It was all theory of course, and Dorja had no idea how strong the defence grid around the planet was. But he thought he had another three Destroyers to play with, and now he was out of the range of the defence weapons, he anticipated he could hold the Echani fleet firm.

Barely minutes had passed before that estimate was ruined, however, as two Vindicators arrived to the rear of his task force. Ordinarily two ships of that size would not be a threat for two Resurgent-class Destroyers and an Interdictor Star Destroyer, but none of them had a fighter screen to hand and the larger ships were still bruised from the battles with the Bounty. The initial barrage of fire caught all three ships by surprise and the Relentless bucked, throwing Dorja to the floor and similarly dishevelling much of the crew. Scrabbling to his feet Dorja saw that the other Destroyer was already aflame around the bridge tower, and the Interdictor was ponderously turning but taking massed fire. The only thing that had kept the latter ship in the engagement was the fact that power had not been diverted to the gravity generators. As he looked down the length of the hull, Echani fighters were pockmarking it with torpedoes that were impacting on the hull, ripping free turbolaser clusters and missile launchers.

'Damage report!'

He already knew his shields were down, and that unless he got this part of the engagement down, he would need to draw ships from the main fleet to reinforce here and that had the potential to imbalance the entire equation of the battle - especially an equation full of unknowns from the attack on Echan itself.

---
    Elsewhere

What a battle did do, however, was give opportunities for entry into a beleaguered network. With a stealth equipped Fury-class starfighter, the pilot snuck through levels of security and penetrated the station grid. It was only a matter of time before the man found Michel... And ended her guardian.

Corran and Vincent would feel it simultaneously.

The man with the cowl raised placed a hand on Michel's throat as she gabbled, straining against her restraints. Tipping her head back, he could see the tooth with the data inside - a living courier - was missing. 'Where is it!' The man thundered.

A skittering, mad, mad, mad cackle. 'GaveittotheSenatorIdid.'

A gesture, and Michel died, too.

The man turned, stalking into the chaos of the hallway, merging with the shadows and hunting the Senator.

--
    Less elsewhere

With Mara off the ship, even Booster could be convinced that now was the time to move towards a fixed safe haven, and that meant collecting Corran, Mirax and Jysella. When the Wild Karrde in tow, as well as a motley array of freighters that had formed the Smuggler's Alliance more than once before, the Venture decanted hyperspace above the northern hemisphere, well out of the gravity well, and saw the engagement before them.

But this was not the Venture of old. This was one which had retained its weapons from the end of the Yuuzhan Vong War, in spite of the Concordance, and in the last fortnight Talon Karrde had diverted resources to make sure the weapons had not degraded over the nine years that Booster had ran them on a smuggling kingpins budget.

And so when Booster saw the RSD pouring fire down on Eshan and the planet surrounded, Booster knew what to do. 'Open fire!'

TAG: Kahn_Iceay

5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    IC: Atropos
    Imperial Shipyards, Yaga Minor

'See here. I have been a General for many years, I am not some First Order tool who can be ordered around. Unless you immediately show me your authority, I will call security down on you!'

"You certainly haven't spent any time in the Black Ops business, that's for sure General" the dead man thought as the 'desk-polishing tub-of-lard' made two fatal mistakes in quick succession. The first was reaching for his ComLink; the second was turning to face - what he'd been led to believe was - the Senior of the two men; thereby exposing the back of his head to receive an execution-style 'double-tap' from the Verpine pistol. As the rounds struck home, and the dead man moved forward to catch the corpse and keep it as upright as possible, he added the thought; "That authority enough for you, Sir?".

"Ship's access code is Lesh - Esk - Xesh - Aurek - 455 - 087 - 519, Operative. I've got my hands full with this drunk, otherwise I'd input it myself" he said aloud, for the benefit of any onlookers or passers-by. "Drunk on duty.... and during an Alert? I'd say that's one tippling session too many for your career. No way I'm covering for you, not after last time!; he scolded the corpse, then to the Mando "We're running late for our mission, so we'll confine him on board until we can get rid of him properly.".

The dead man's intent was a discreet space burial as soon as the ship next entered hyperspace. As Pirates well knew, nothing came back to tell tales when that disposal method was used.

HanSolo29 and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  6. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC: Rhoen Aquilla
    Hyperspace to Yavin IV

The young captain sat there drained of emotion, his primal scream into the ether taking this rage and frustration with it. All that was left was a hollow feeling. His mother was gone and now he'd left a hero and possibly others of his squadron to die. The weight that pressed on his shoulders was suffocating, intolerable. His face had gone blank staring at the sea of blue that surrounded him. Part of him didn't want this command any more, wanted to throw it all away, or give it to someone else, maybe someone in the Resistance. Ace tweeted at him, "What," he said barely any will behind his words, he looked at the read out, "Comm message," he mumbled "Corona Seven?" Something quickly dawned on him "Oh, I haven't turned my comm back on yet." His hand limply flicked the switch,

"… the status of the other ships for you." Ace began putting up the data as it got it. Rhoen's eyes could only muster a cursory glance at them. "Sir, I don't know how I feel about an assassination and capture mission." He could tell in her voice that her words rang true. He'd never questioned orders, never felt the need to but, he was a Captain, however rushed or temporary it may be, he should at least consider his subordinates feelings on the matter. "I know the rumors about Han Solo, and Hosnian definitely happened," He could feel some emotion coming back to him, anger. The senate died at Hosnian, Republic command died at Hosnian, his mother died...at Hosnian. In his mind that was justification enough to do whatever was necessary to get revenge. "but I can't say with conscience what we are doing is right - taking out Snoke and Kylo Ren is hardly going to stop the Empire." Their mission may not end the Empire but, Force would it feel good. Watching that coward burn, the leader that hid behind his smoke and mirrors while he ordered the destruction of an inhabited system, would feel right, just, in the young man's mind.

"Corona Seven," He started, indignation dripping from his voice, "Those two men have the blood of billions on their hands,"

'They have Valere Aquilla's blood on their hands' he thought

"Do you believe they are not deserving of swift punishment? Do you believe they should not be removed from this galaxy? Do you believe that they should be allowed to roam free in the galaxy, able to commit more atrocities?" His voice began to rise, "How long will it be until we have another massacre on our hands, another Hosinan. You know they will do it, they will build another planet killer and they will use it on another system that gets in their way." He could feel his heart pound in his chest, and that stress, that rage, seeped into his voice, "If we don't do this the blood of the next attack, the next tragedy, will be on our hands, do you want that Corona Seven." his fury was boiling over,":Well, do you?!"

'How dare she question our mission, how dare she question the motives of our superiors.'

"Because I will not allow another son to lose a mother like I did." His words are a shout, a declaration. He would not allow another being in the Republic to feel his pain.

He took several breaths, allowing himself to come down from his rage fueled tirade. He looked to the rank insignia on his flightsuit, Captain. His head leaned back letting out a long slow breath. In the back of his mind knew that he wasn't living up to that responsibility, he was letting his personal feelings and emotions cloud his judgment. He couldn't allow that to happen ever, a commander should be cool under pressure, no matter the maelstrom inside them. He was leader of this squadron for only a few minutes and he was already failing.

"Corona Seven," he said, his tone, tired, full of remorse, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have blown up like that. I've…We've been through a lot recently." Another sigh laced with regret slipped between his lips "I'm still new at this, so please, just bear with me for a bit while I get a handle on all this." He shook his head his mind heavy with many emotions, and him struggling to keep control. "Corona Seven…Ask me that question again when we reach Yavin, I'll try and have a better answer for you. I'm…I'm not in the right frame of mind right now...Forgive me, forgive me for not being the leader you deserve." They deserved so much more than him but, he was what they had. He'd have to live up to those expectations, one day. But, right now, he allowed Corona Seven to see him as a human, a broken boy crying for his mother.

7. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Battle of Eshan
    ENV Sword of Truth, Command Ship, Saara’s Aegis

General Valsanis, sat in her command chair, a massive holographic overlay of the system sat before her and her command staff. “They took the bait,” this was Commander Tavus, a Mon Calamarian, and one of several New Republic command staff that resided within the fleet, to facilitiate its official role as a Sector Defense fleet, a caveat that let the Echani bypass certain parts of the Concordance.

“We knew they would.” Valsanis leaned back in her chair and linked her fingers together. “We kept the Aegis maneuver quiet for generations but after we used it to break the Mandalorians and Vong over Mandalore it was kinda hard to keep it under wraps. So we knew they would recognize it.” Twice in the battle of Mandalore the Aegis had been used to bait enemies into flanking, so they could be torn to shreds by support ships with long range fire capabilities.

So it probably seemed obvious to the Imperials that that was what they were trying to do, they even moved some of the orbital defenses away into the flanking areas to make it seem like that was the plan. And the Imperials bought it, the microjump had split their forces, anti-fighter ships and fighter screens were now poised behind the fleet, or as Valsanis like to think of it, between the fleet. Between the fleet, and Eshan’s planetary shield.

“Order the first and second assault waves of fighters to advance on the enemy’s main force, their targets are the ships in the rear, then the support ships, the rest of the fleet, begin coordinated maneuvering.” The biggest advantage of the Aegis, was the close nature of the formation allowed the ships shields to overlap. This, added with the Echani’s near obsession with shield technology had given rise to a tactic of interlinking and constantly adjusting shields between ships. Two ships together were stronger than one, three were stronger than two, hundreds were like scales on a reptile a single impact was spread across the surface, no single craft took all the damage.

The assault force was now pinned between the shield wall of the fleet, and the shield of the planet. And as multiple wings of Echani built 3rd generation TIE Defenders rushed forward towards the First Order fleet the Aegis itself began to move, towards the planet. Dorja’s invasion group was now stuck between a rock, and a very, very heavily armed hard place. And the gap, was closing.

--- --- ---
    Northern Hemisphere

The arrival of the Resurgent on the other side of the planet however did not go unnoticed by the planetary defense grid. This close to the planet, the defenses were now easier for the First Order to discern, a large smattering of Golan Arms defense platforms, the galactic standard for planetary and system defense really. Though the equal of Star Destroyers of the old Empire, their effectiveness against the Resurgent class was unknown. But of more immediate concern to the First Order should have been the Echani built defense guns in low orbit, there were quite a few of them, and anything built to take on the Mandalorians, anything that could one shot a Lancer, and take out a cruiser as collateral, should be treated with alarm, especially when sensors readily showed they were adjusting to gain firing solutions.

--- --- ---
    IC: Vincent Mikaru

Vincent’s calm demeanor seemed to slowly melt away as the battle moved on and on. Truth be told, while Vincent was the owner of a private military company, he headed the private and company part, Military had always been his partner’s field. Vincent got the clients, made sure people were paid, and did all the wheeling and dealing. It was Tank that went out and won their battles.

“I should have seen it coming,” He thought to himself as he watched a First Order TIE fly near the station, the deck under him shuddering as the shields took a hit, followed by the point defense reducing the TIE to atoms. That was when he came back to reality and looked at the Senator, “yes, escape we should…” And then it hit him. It slammed into him, almost like a sudden high wave at the ocean, a hard impact to the chest, not really solid, but real enough.

The hair on the back of his neck stood on end and his muscels tensed, the station seemed suddenly very cold, uncomfortably cold, even for an Echani, though he knew the temperature was the same. “Callista…” his words were now equally cold, the brief tones of excitement, pride, and even worry suddenly replaced by steel edged determination, a singular focus. “Two orders.”

“First, transfer all military commands to WARCOM, Tank is now in command, inform him of the ambush, make sure it still happens.” He looked back at Treen, eyes locking on hers. “Second, protect the Senator, as though she were myself. Full, and total authorization to use any required force.” Reaching down to his side he grasped the grip of his sword, and pulled it from it’s scabbard, the blade sang as the vibration motor hummed to life, the super cooled edge condensing the air around it into a mist. “Mister Horn… We have an uninvited guest…” He turned to the door, bidding the Jedi to follow him.

“Let us greet them.”

Tag: Sinrebirth

8. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    K'Kruhk
    Lothal Temple

The old Whipid felt the human Jedi across the stellar distances. He could almost hear his voice: 'Old friend, it has been some time. And several days hiking. And you're not even here. How bothersome, but typical'

K'Kruhk was only halfway through a grin when he felt the danger, the twinge of panic, and the severing of their connection. Just like old times, K'Kruhk thought darkly, before regretting it. He sent a pulse of courage to Tholme. There was nothing more to do. He'd already been too -

- yes. There it was. A cold probing. They knew he was here. He hadn't known for sure the Order would have Inquisitors, but he suspected they would, given the Temple. Blast, he thought. Blast blast blast. Better hurry. He noticed the skeletons of dead masters meditating. Hurry may not have been in the cards.

He gazed around. He stared. And he gazed some more. It filled him with such enormous homesickness to be here, in a Temple, surrounded by the flows and eddies of the Force. It had been so long. It had been so, so long.

Well, if they're coming for me, let them come.

He gazed. He gazed some more. This time, though, he didn't use his eyes, but his heart. That's when he heard the voice

'Master K'Kruhk, I did not expect to see you here, and I would have left you to your solace, but the Force is different now, since the awakening.'

The old Jedi's eyes flew open, and he felt himself reaching for a lightsaber that hadn't been there for decades. Before him he saw a blue, shimmering form. He squinted - could it be? He'd heard legends of...but who was this? The presence was unthreatening, vaguely familiar, but...Ah!

"Caleb Dume!" the old Jedi rumbled. "Depa Billaba's padawan! I'm old, but not so old not to remember! Oh, it's so wonderful to know you survived the Purge...well...that your survived for a while, anyway. For a long time..."

But the ghost was moving on, and the Whipid felt the Force drawing him to a corner of a chamber...he walked, and the ghost walked beside him. 'Time is not on our side, anymore. Everything I fought for, here, and now, is at risk.' 'There was a prophecy about the here and now, and about other times. Of a Father and a Son, of a choice made differently, of another ending and beginning, but I didn't believe it. I found a Holocron, and I hid it, because it told a terrible future, and as I saw the Galaxy solidify, it's gatekeeper became more impossible.'

He gestured, and the Holocron revealed itself with a single pulse.

'It is, and was, the Holocron of Darth Librium.'

K'Kruhk bent low and lifted it to his face. It was pyramidal and pulsed with red light, like so many Sith holocrons. K'Kruhk reached into it with the Force, and it came alive. Its gatekeeper sprung free, and his face...his face was tragically familiar.

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Susulur Dha'tra
    Yaga Minor, Leaving the Party

Back tracking as the blast of gas spread he heard the other Mando hurry away. The gas was doing it's job but he couldn't take a contaminated hoses with him, and so with a small signal from his artificial eye and a bang on top of his gut dislodged the two tanks and hoses from inside the scanner baffling bag they were hidden in to drop to the ground with a clang.

The blaster shots glanced off his side, not causing a flinch or even a signal of recognition as it was merely searing the synth flesh. Still once the package was away he ran. The melting dead were beginning to scream and soon those were strangled by their own melting throats and lungs. He turned and dashed to the ship, running up the ramp behind Goran. It nearly gave him pause as he entered and the ship began leaving, he might have to ask where Fett bought his slave circuits as it seemed better than his own. Normally it took him hooking a pilot droid brain into his ship to get this kind of responses, but if this was truly a slave circuit. . .impressive.

Although considering the devastation he would have to have a talk with his supplier, that was supposed to be a mild corrosive not a moderate. Still as he scrambled behind Goran he found himself stuck on the ladder as the ship reoriented. "Alright, a little less impressed." He intoned with a harsh grunt as he held on for dear life as the ship went for jarring maneuvers. Soon Goran was telling him to fly as he struggled into the open pilots seat, trying to use some of the spin momentum to his advantage.

Sometimes he hated his injuries and artificial eye, but most days, like today, he loved them. Taking what force he could he struggled up and into the wrongly oriented pilots seat as his artificial eye tagged and ID'd what was out the view port and on the scanners as he struggled to strap in. Grabbing the stick everything was already displayed over half his visual field with familiar heads up indicators. "Are we picking anyone up? Or can clear evac?" he simply stated as he jammed the stick to send the ship careening toward the corvette's rear. "Man the weapons will you. I don't have a handle on the stick yet." he simply intoned as he started slewing the ship to dance through the surrounding structures on their new heading as the spin slowly played out to his menstruation. Best to keeping something beneath and around them to make the ship rethink unloading missiles or heaving heavy turbolaser fire to blanket the area.

Hopefully this ship had something dirty up the exhaust ports for this mission otherwise he was not liking their odds. Not to mention the fine he would have to pay on not returning the rental Aggressor class ship he taken on the last leg here to keep a low profile. At least it was still in one piece.

10. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Belila Gambros (Bre)
    Shadow Moon - Corellia

Bre looked out the viewport as an alarm went off within the ship. Her eyes went wide, and she saw a Star Destroyer, complete with a veritable swarm of fighters buzzing about. Well, she knew that the someone was interested in Praxton, but this was ridiculous. An entire Star Destroyer?! Bre looked over, and saw another ship, A Star-Class Defender? And if things coudlnt possibly get any stranger, she heard voice chatter, once coming from Praxton's ship.. and the other over the open channel from either one or both of the enemy ships. Why was everyone suddenly so hot for Praxton?

A strange voice suddenly came over the comlink. ['This is General Phennir. I am ordering a full pull-out of the system, letting go of each of our foes. This is an unsanctioned mission.']Another voice.. [ 'If you surrender now, I can guarantee you an honourable parole.'] Bre frowned. Who were they talking to. Not that it mattered. There screen was a mass of confusing. There were openings forming in the screen of struggling freighters caught in tractors beams, misguided TIE squadrons, and now, finally, Corellian fighters rushing to engage. Bre held on tightly as the ship moved about. She grunted softly in her seat, and flicked the comlink switch, giving them a bit of privacy, as she muted the switch. "Anything you want me to tell the other ship, before all Be'jark breaks loose!?"

Bre snorted softly as Elias moved his ship, dodging the tractor beams. There was several openings opening up within the ranks. "Dont these guys seem a bit too excited for just this one guy? I could see all this if they thought the Resistance was involved..." Bre suddenly let loose with a string of expletives. She looked back towards the area they had left Fox and the other guy.

"Oh.. this just gets better and better..." she said softly.

TAG: HanSolo29, Sinrebirth, NickLitYouAFlame

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Duke Praxon
    Aboard the Easy Spacer – Above Shadow

The space outside of the cockpit viewport was a perpetual blur as ship running lights melted together with the glare of the cityscape from the moon below. For someone like Praxon, who was not accustomed to the intricacies of dogfighting, the whole thing looked like one big, chaotic mess. Aside from the initial Star Destroyer that had jumped in-system, it was next to impossible to determine who was targeting them and who had simply been caught up in the web of disarray. To make matters worse, Praxon found that he could not fully concentrate. How was he to know that volunteering his time and effort to aide the Hosnian tragedy would result in him becoming a victim himself? It was like someone had ripped a page out of a holofilm script and turned it into some warped version of reality just to mess with his mind. He wasn't the type to usually admit to being shaken, but in this case, yes, he was beginning to panic.

That's why when Wyn finally came around, Praxon was not in any kind of mood to sit idly by and continue to allow her to scheme, especially after she revealed that she had known about the whole thing from the start. "You're damn right you have some explaining to do!" he affirmed, keeping his eyes on her as she moved from the console, to the rodian, and back. "Unless you intend to have me do something else foolish," he added under his breath, eluding to the confrontation he had with Sal-Solo. That prompted him to sink a little further down in his seat. That hadn't exactly been one of his finer moments…come to think of it, neither was tackling a member of the Resistance.

"The agents have the data for the jump, and I have the codekey adaptor. So, unless someone nabs both of us, they don't have the full picture." As Wyn paused to download the necessary information, Praxon watched her with mild curiosity. It was obvious he did not previously believe her capable of carrying out a task of such intrigue. He found it fascinating, to say the least. "I have jump coordinates."

"Wait…what about--?"

Before he could indicate their potential allies in the other ship, yet a another voice joined the comm, this one exhibiting the pretentious air of a First Order officer. His intentions were undeniably clear as he ordered the surrender of both ships.

"We're not the Resistance!" he ground out, pounding his fist lightly against the dash in frustration as he pulled forward on the yoke with the other to avoid a mass of fighters coming in their direction. But then his expression dropped as he remembered the unconscious rodian slumped against the deck plates. "Dammit, Wyn, I wish you wouldn't leave me in the dark next time…"

"Am I giving them guys the coordinates?"

Praxon's lips parted to respond, but then he closed them just as quickly as the pilot of the other ship – presumably the blue humanoid – supplied them with the pertinent information regarding the Yavin system. He might have been impressed with the efficiency of the delivery if not for the other point of contention that caused his mouth to fall slack.

A Jedi?! Where did he even come from? Weren't they supposed to be extinct or something?

Swallowing his surprise, his gaze flicked back to Wyn, a renewed sense of confidence evident within his eyes. While Praxon had never encountered a real Jedi before, he had heard stories, particularly surrounding the elusive Luke Skywalker. In fact, he had even co-starred in a series of films that had demonstrated firsthand what Skywalker had been capable of. If any of that was actually true – and he was well aware that holofilms had a tendency to embellish things a bit – perhaps they were in much better shape than he initially thought.

"I think we're set," he surmised, his hands now much steadier on the yoke as he took a deep breath and addressed the Jedi over the comm. "I just need to find an opening to squeeze through without one of those behemoths latching onto us."

Again, the comm crackled to life. "If you surrender now, I can guarantee you an honorable parole."

It might have been an enticing offer for someone desperate to end this madness, but it was also guaranteed to destroy his career and reputation if the truth was allowed to get out to the media. As long as the First Order continued to think that they were chasing Han Solo across the stars, Duke Praxon would remain safe and he would hopefully be able to eventually return to some semblance of a normal life – or what constituted as normal for a celebrity – once this blew over. At the moment, that was his ultimate goal.

Inhaling deeply, he surveyed the scene for that desired escape route, and after a long moment, he found it. Narrowing his eyes, he took note of the ever changing intervals between ships as they jostled for position. It will be a tight fit, for sure, but they just might make it. "Are you seeing this?" he called back into the comm, hoping the Jedi was just as observant as he was. "I'm going for it."

Without waiting for an acknowledgement, he hit the throttle.

TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, Ktala, Sinrebirth

12. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    Elias Noble
    Shadow 0rbit, Corellian moon

Without looking at the girl, Elias responded, “Plan is we burn sky and get out of dodge. Pardon the idioms.” Elias maneuvered his ship, dodging the considerable traffic over Shadow, now rampant with TIE fighters. Over the comms, he was surprised to hear a surly voice command, Resistance ships, both of you, are to surrender immediately.” Almost immediately following was an opposing, but reminiscent message. “This is General Phennir. I am ordering a full pull-out of the system, letting go of each of our foes. This is an unsanctioned mission.”

“If you surrender now, I can guarantee you an honourable parole.”

Elias scoffed. The girl switched the comms mute, before Elias could and said, “Anything you want me to tell the other ship, before all Be'jark breaks loose? Don’t these guys seem a bit too excited for just this one guy? I could see all this if they thought the Resistance was involved.” She swore colorfully. Elias replied offhandedly again, without taking his eyes off the space in front of him, “Yeah, we’ve got a full house today. Hopefully there’s no second act.”

All of sudden a hole opened up in the mess of ships. A small hole, but then again Elias’ ship wasn’t that big. And they needed to move. Elias yelled, so that the man on the guns could hear, “Hold on tight, we’re making moves!” He punched it, thinking his farewell to the ridiculous fiasco of Shadow.

Tag: @Ktala, Sinrebirth, HanSolo29

13. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Kodo Prine -- Moldy Crow

Kodo winced as he settled into the seat behind Kyle, still in a fair amount of pain despite the Kolto patches applied to his numerous wounds.

"Watch the fun we're about to have with a Star Destroyer," Kyle said, and turned over control of the ship's weapons to Kodo. "Do your bit for me, would you?" he half-asked, and received a biting reply from Jan that Kodo caught only partially as he stared down at the console in front of him.

He receded within himself for a moment, still staring at the console, focusing on the sharp thumping throb of his injuries, but was snapped mostly back to reality as Kyle activated the intra-system link. "Any time now, students."

Three small craft appeared from hyperspace at the flank of an approaching TIE squadron, making quick work of the out-maneuvered cluster of enemies with blaster fire, and then pivoted to make a run at the Star Destroyer nearby.

Kodo felt the light side of the force embrace him for a brief moment like a long-lost friend, as a combat meld grasped at him - seeking to bind and strengthen his will with that of Kyle, Valin, Rosh, and Jaden.

Look at you! Completely surrendering your fate! You disgust me!

The warmth left him. Anxiety filled his senses as he reached back for the voice, afraid that the only familiarity he had known for nearly a decade would leave him, that the rush he felt as he killed the Stormtroopers would be lost to him forever. He would be a feeble, brainwashed cretin in the service of the Jedi forever. He would be enslaved.

It was gone. He was deaf to the voice, dumb to the dark presence which had enveloped him and nurtured his growing bitterness for years on Dagobah. In desperation he grasped then for the combat meld, but it was gone as well. He was floating alone in an endless sea.

And then all at once he remembered that he was in a battle. He panicked, grabbing at the controls and bringing the Moldy Crow's weapons to bear - then he fired wildly at the first thing he saw.

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Belila Gambros (Bre)
    Threading the needle - Above - Shadow Moon

As Bre held on, she asked Elias what his plan was. Without looking at her, Elias responded, “Plan is we burn sky and get out of dodge. Pardon the idioms.” Bre would have chuckled, but she was busy holding on, as Elias maneuvered his ship, dodging the heavy traffic over Shadow. To say the sky was getting a little thick was an understatement. Bre switched the comms mute, before Elias could and said, “Anything you want me to tell the other ship, before all Be'jark breaks loose? Don’t these guys seem a bit too excited for just this one guy? I could see all this if they thought the Resistance was involved.” She swore colorfully. Elias replied offhandedly again, without taking his eyes off the space in front of him, “Yeah, we’ve got a full house today. Hopefully there’s no second act.”

Suddenly, Elias yelled, “Hold on tight, we’re making moves!”, just as the voice of Praxton came over the comm. ["Are you seeing this?"] he called back into the comm, ["I'm going for it."]

Bre had to use a bit extra to steady herself, as Elias, who she had guessed also had seen the same opening, gunned his ship as well, making maneuvers that would make a gunark throw up. Bre un-muted the comlink. "Go, go!" was all she called back to the man, knowing he didnt need any encouragement. She just hoped his flying skills were up to par as well. Meanwhile, poor Fred had magnetized his wheels, as the ship dived through the traffic, and Bree was sure his processors were going into overload with all of this going on. But he was staying quiet for the moment, softly beeping what she guessed was a droids version of "Poodoo!", while holding on for dear life.

Bre also kept an eye on Elias, not forgetting about his injuries. Once they got out of this, they certainly would have quite a bit of talking to do.

Tag: Sinrebirth, HanSolo29, NickLitYouAFlame

15. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    IC: Azgath N'Dul
    The bridge of the Bellicose

N'Dul smiled, soaking in the sound of retching, the aura of fury emanating from Crusher, and the fear and abasement before him. His performance had the exact ramifications he so desired; yes, no doubt such behaviour was out of place in the totalitarian and ordered structure of the First Order, but that is why he had killed his own Ensign, and in the method he had. Let Aban complain to Hux, later; what could they say, but that N'Dul's poor Ensign had committed suicide? The intrigues of the Force, while obvious to those on the bridge, could hardly be empirically proven in this matter.

He ignored Crusher's invitation, initially; it would not play well to be seen running after the Knight of Ren like some kathhound. Instead, he lazily turned, walking to the edge of the crew pit into which one of his entourage had been shoved, extending a hand to pull the man to his feet, and back up onto the deck. He needed to make a display to his cadre, of solidarity, in the face of his action earlier. The young man - his name was Kya, or Kyak, or some such, if he recalled - seemed greatly fearful as he righted himself before N'Dul, yet nodded in gratitude as N'Dul stood himself, turning to peer down at the crew in the pit. The Prefect pointed at one, chosen entirely randomly, and spoke, "You have an exemplary record, young one. What you did... so brave," he nodded, reverently. He had no idea as to what the record of the arbitrarily singled-out officer was actually like, of course, but N'Dul aimed to portray the image of competence, of fastidious research and preparation for a command role, and he was confident the officer would match his words to his own past. Cold reading.

A darkness faded to assumed unconsciousness in his mind's eye, and pleasure filled N'Dul's dark heart, in recognition of the success of his plan. And then, having tarried enough, N'Dul turned, raising a hand towards his entourage to signal them to stay, and trailed after Crusher's wake, unhurried. He opened the door with his hand, his exertion in the Force to dominate Sallacine's mind having cost him more than he would have readily admitted, and that cold smile returned to his face as he surveyed the scene before him.

Crusher, collapsed on the floor, the faux holocron beside him. N'Dul kneeled by the device, withdrawing the Mindspear and placing it in his pocket - My prize - before moving to attempt to pull Crusher, weighty as he was by virtue of his armour, out of the room.

N'Dul had a plan. This particular plan brought him great amusement.

Narcoleptic, are we, Crusher? the thought of the scene he intended to craft stretched N'Dul's lips into a slit of a mocking grin.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Chapter Six

A dozen days ago

Zekk took a running leap across the gap between buildings, cursing that he couldn't just pull out a lightsaber for the hundredth time. If being a Jedi was a curse across the galaxy, here, on Nar Shaddaa, it was a death sentence. His score, a Sullustan who had stolen from his Hutt masters, was nothing special, and had opted to run rather than be caught. And while Zekk wasn't against declaring a kill dead and trusting them to melt away into the night if they were innocent being preyed upon, this particular crook had funnelled the proceeds into setting up his own syndicate based upon taking advantage of local homeless, especially the younger among them.

As such Zekk had no compunctions, if he resisted, collecting the bounty for his death either way. Beside him on the rooftop, Lowbacca landed heavily and released a huff of air as he did so, but that didn't stop the Wookiee from lifting his bowcaster and stunning the Sullustan before he reached the fire escape. Zekk smiled, beneath his mask. With this catch, they could afford to pay off their ledger with the Hutts and reclaim their ship.

And find out whatever had happened in the galaxy to leave Zekk screaming in the middle of the night. Rumours had abounded about an attack on the New Republic, carried by survivors of a First Order raid on Takodona, of all places. Nothing concrete though, and they needed to get back. All these years without an Order, which hadn't seemed to be an issue when Zekk and Lowie opted to become bounty hunters - taking jobs on First Order cronies and unreconstructed darks ideas for free - and now a crisis had emerged and there was no Order to face it.

Zekk turned to look at his partner, absently aware for the hundredth time today that a few years ago, before she decided to bring Ben in on her own, it would have been Jaina there, he expected to see Lowie similarly pleased.

Instead he was looking up, into orbit, at the massive triangle descending upon the smugglers moon, bleeding fighter craft and support craft.

A First Order Star Destroyer.

Had Zekk uttered a cry of 'why', he would not have received an answer from any but the highest ranking Hutts in Hutt Space, if they had intended to speak to a Jedi. A little known fact was that the HoloNet within Hutt Space was regulated by a receiver placed in the moon, negotiated millennia ago. And, as part and parcel of the First Order plans to control the HoloNet, they had negotiated with the Hutts an agreement as to their pre-Yuuzhan Vong territories, which were still up for negotiation with the New Republic, in exchange for the secret seizure of the moon. Coupled with a tribute for loss of revenue, the First Order had paid very carefully for the right, and then promptly supplied the Hutts with a contractually agreed 'bodyguard' of Stormtroopers for a duration of no more than six weeks.

Because six weeks is all that Snoke needed.

Six weeks until the New Republic was not just hanging into the edges of its grave like a feline refusing to go into the bath, but instead would be dead, buried, and not whatsoever missed by the Empire which had initially surrendered to it nearly three decades ago.

---
    IC: Darth Librium
    Lothal

The simulacrum came to life, starting out in a crouch, cloak draped over his head, and then stood, arms reaching out, eyes burning like twin Suns for a brief moment and then convalescing into irises, almost as if the Holocron was stretching, after years of inactivity.

Darth Librium was born anew, and impossibly so, he wore the face of Luke Skywalker, a veneer etched with a cruel smile, as the man, also impossibly, recognised who was before him. 'Ah, Master K'Kruhk, it has been a while. Or have I yet met you?'

A negligent wave of a hand. 'No matter. Time is irrelevant, when one has limitless amounts of it.' That smile again. 'Yes, I am a real, and I was created by my master, in his image, for I am Darth Librium, though I suppose you know me as Luke.

He craned his neck. 'Looks as if we have company. That bore Brandl bore a son. How quaint.'

Librium was ignoring K'Kruhk. 'Did you want to make a deal with the proverbial Sith'ari, to learn more about me, or allow me to fall into the hands of Imperials? I won't allow you to destroy me, my friend, but I might allow you to hold my interest for a day or two.'

TAG: BobaMatt
    ---
    IC: Corran Horn
    Eshan, in orbit

Corran watched the Battle of Eshan modulate. The Echani were fighting incredibly well, clearly a world which had earned its role as chief rival of the Mandalorians. Absently Corran lamented that the New Republic had treated them so badly in the aftermath, though at least it had not been as badly as the Mandalorians.

The planet was putting up a terrific fight, even with hundreds of Imperial fighters tearing into gunnery platforms, harrying battlestations and ferrying transports beyond the envelope. Sporadic fighting was taking place across the northern hemisphere, but the Resurgent that had arrived in orbit was taking a terrific beating in a short time; doubly so by a crimson Star Destroyer. Corran resisted the urge to smile as it tugged at his lips, because he always resented how much he was happy to see his father-in-law's ship.

Largely, however, he resisted the urge as he felt a death resonate in the Force. Nodding to Vincent, he unclipped his lightsaber from his belt, nodding to Treen and the aide, the strange female who left an uncertain aura in the Force. 'Let's go.'

Casting out his sphere of responsibility, Corran lent the Force to his feet, and anticipated Vincent would nudge along behind him. The avenues were not especially busy, not with the crisis and people manning their stations, but a bunching of corridors give way to a space which already had two officers on the floor, life force intermittent. Corran and Vincent's eyes would not be drawn to them, however, though the time they had to save those lives would play into their thoughts.

Instead they would notice the three armoured men, each holding what appeared to be a Force pike, each masked. Corran was semi-reminded of the Jensaarai, however he knew that the parallel was purely that they were masked. These were Knights of Ren.

How they had managed to sneak aboard, let alone three of them, was completely beyond him. Corran and Vincent would suddenly be struck by a vision, lasting a mere moment, of seven Knights, with Kylo Ren foremost among them, rain hammering upon them, Kylo having just speared a soul through the back, collapsing to the floor. Three shapes behind Kylo would correspond to those before them, but the weapons did not. Corran blinked aside the vision, igniting his lightsaber, the silver blade burning bright in the room as the station shook and the dark if emergency lighting overlook them.

One Knight gestured sharply, lifting and slamming Corran and his weapon arm against the closest wall, but Corran had half-expected the act and drew a holdout blaster from his left pocket and fired as the three Knights rushed for them. Corran had a brief moment of concentration as he held onto his hilt as the Force tugged at it, as he came down to the floor with his legs curled beneath him to spring forward.

Vincent had the first round, it looked.

--

Dorja could tell that the battle over Eshan was going badly. His reinforcement was being mauled, and his rear position was being pulled apart. The Relentless was listing, and Dorja had lost contact with Snoke in the morass. But he knew he had more reinforcements en route. All he needed to do was hold position.

'Tighten up the core formation, pull them
    back towards us.'

'Sir, we'll be abandoning the transports to the defence grid - you said we were supposed to push forward so the Echani fleet was caught between competing forces - our landing force is being shredded.' Dorja shot the Captain a baleful glare.

Speaking loud enough for the entire bridge to hear, he enunciated every word clearly and looked around. 'We have reinforcements on the way. The Echani will not have time to clear all of our forces out, however we need to preserve the fleet or we won't have a foothold to secure. I am not accustomed to explaining myself,' his gaze returned to the Captain. 'And I will not again.'

The fleet contracted, but the two Vindicators were well away by then due to the time wasted, and they burst through his formation, which was either midway through turning back, or out of position, and his casualties redoubled. The Echani had lost most of their patrol corvettes, and several of the larger ships were showing damage, but Dorja's position was so poor that several of the surviving smaller ships could turn back and assist with the decimation of his landing force and fighter craft.

Dorja quietly seethed, knowing that when he had his reinforcements he would pound this planet flat.

--
    Conference room

Once he felt the ripple of the Force to signify his comrades had engaged Horn and Mikaru, the assassin detached from a shadow in the conference room, having snuck in while the doors were opened. His cowl was up, but in his hands was a lightsaber. It had been particularly difficult to lower his core temperature again to pass through sensors and so forth, especially as he was so incredibly angry about Michel's failure. The Dark Lord would not be pleased.

Treen noticed the arrival immediately, calling out with slight startlement before the Crimson blade activated. 'Senator,' the cruel voice spoke. 'I require the chip that was given to you.'

He gave Callista an askance look. 'Do not interfere.'

Treen already had the chip in hand, self-conscious about it and constantly having checked she had not lost it. She looked to Callista. 'Please, I would not want to be responsible for your death.'

That was a lie, but appearances had to be maintained. Vincent was a consummate man. He would be recording this. She wouldn't be surprised if he knew about the danger here, even though he himself was occupied.

TAG: Kahn Iceay
    ---
    IC: Kyle Katarn
    In orbit of Dagobah

The Moldy Crow was suddenly spouting fire in almost any direction that the turret could turn, nicking fighters and scattering a fair few. Kyle could sense that Kodo had not joined the meld, but also was flailing. Katarn refocused upon Jaden and the others, as they blew through the second squadron. A third was forming, but also the other three from the port side were forming up... And holding back.

Jan spoke up just before Katarn did. 'They're expecting us to break through the next squadron and into their guns. Don't.'

'Roger that,' came Valin.'Not doing that.' Instead of blowing through the next squadron, he broke formation, and Jaden followed with him, while Rosh broke another direction.

Jan pulled a face at Jaden and Valin. 'They should have broke three ways, not two. He's being overprotective.' Katarn glanced over at her, but Jan's eyes were catching his, with a side glance. She was hardly prone to comment upon private matters in front of a relative unknown - to her, anyway. What she was doing was drawing Kyle's eye to the sensor, which showed the pyramidal shape in Kodo's pocket. Katarn pursed his lips behind his beard.

That could be a problem.

One problem at a time, the Jedi Master decided. He pulled up the meld, looked to weave it around Kodo again. The Holocron reached for Kodo, equally, having felt the eye of the Jedi Master upon him.

Little Jedi, don't make me puppet you again. You let me in once before, and I can take you whenever I like. There was a hint of desperation to the voice, but it was all but obscured by the sounds of battle. A flash of memory would surge upon Kodo, a reminder of the pyramid being found, in the dark cave, of it being the only one who would speak to him for years on end.

Katarn broke the Crow a different direction from the others, using the gun he had under his control to tear down the shields of a TIE and reaching with the meld to coordinate so that Kodo would get the kill and hopefully disperse the flight. Then all they needed to do was get past the Destroyer, whose guns would be occupied with their own fighter craft, and then they could get on with the real work.

---
    IC: Goran
    Yaga Minor

Susular was a hot hand with a stick, which was good as Goran hated how big the Firespray was to handle. Goran took on-board the weapons platform, spitting fire at any fighters that threaded through the shipyard to intercept them, while the Defiant and Peerless were positioning themselves to block the escape. The Cutlass-class corvette was trying to find a space through the girders and so forth to move towards intercepting them.

Goran called out as his display kicked in. 'I have a signal for Fett. Adding it to the HUD. I guess he wants us to head that way.' Which of course required them to skirt the corvette's range. Helpful, Bobika, thought Goran.

Elsewhere, Fett had the hatch open and Atropos had the General. They were on-board to the hunters ship with ease. Fett reserved the right to be impressed until it flew. 'I remember when a hunter had to be subtle on a hunt. Before I was 'Boba Fett', before everyone was afraid of what I was. It's not been recent that I've had to go undercover...' Fett glanced to Atropos as he helped him shift the General towards an airlock. An assumption, from Fett's perspective, but a likely one.

'But I had to, to find out who is hiring hunters separately to hunt auretiise but timing t so that it will go wrong.' Fett paused. 'I did throw your name into the ring with Pellaeon, as compensation for in all likelihood spoiling your bounty.' Another pause, as he shed armour. 'But it seems your kill of Flennic was pay enough. But I will need your comm data for the contact to triangulate with Goran and Susular, who you left out to dry.'

It was a lot of talking. Becoming head of state of Mandalore had resulted in a lot more talking. It was why he actually had property on Taris, and took jobs from there. But with a war brewing, it had been time to be responsible again.

Or so Goran said.

'I think I'll take a backseat to whatever tie plan is.'

TAG: Tim Battershell, @Mitth-Fisto PM me for a joint post with the three of us, please.
    ---
    IC: Lysa Dunter
    Arriving in the Yavin system

For a long, long moment, Lysa could only sit in her pilot chair and leave the channel open, listening to Rhoen breathe, as he caught his breath after that... It wasn't a rant, no, it was a release. She didn't have anything to compare to. Her background literally was not like that.

A loving mother and father, a younger and somewhat bratty sister, yes, but they had a life which was only mildly interrupted when the Yuuzhan Vong War came, and she had been safe with other children for the latter half of it, far from the front. She had signed up to fight because she could, and because her father and mother would undoubtedly track down the Resistance and join up as soon as they had all heard that Hosnian Prime had been destroyed.

'I know you're Lead, but I'm here if you need me, Lead.'

That sounded ridiculous. He was, well, he didn't appear that much older than her but he had that gravitas to him which made him seem older. Lysa decided it was best to close the channel without hearing his response, before she did something else... Angsty.

Lysa's knee was bouncing out of nervousness again.

---
    Yavin system

The sixteen ship squadron arrived in the Yavin system after a relatively short jump. Travelling from the Core to Yavin via the Hydian Way hyperlane was a considerably different matter to travelling from the edge of the Unknown Regions via an artificially extended route around a rapidly moving frontline.

Three Mon Calamari cruisers and a task force was in-system, and then all of sudden there was a third of that number in-system, as the Home One and Echo of Hope and their escorts jumped. The remaining cruiser was the Naritus, still under the command of Captain Genkal, who had been convinced out of retirement by Ackbar by the thought of captaining his old ship. An MC80a, it had been in the New Republic Navy since before the Corellian Crisis, decades ago, and it was Genkal's first love, brood partner and school of children aside.

All of a sudden, a strong voice came across the channel. It was General Leia. 'Captain Aquilla, Corona Squadron, welcome to Yavin.'

'I have had word from the Galactic Voyager, Captain. Chief of State Omas escaped from the Ruan system with minor issue, and is on its way to the next rendezvous point. Well done for getting you and your squadron here,' Leia said, her charisma reaching across the channel, an elder stateswoman who had seen so, so much, and more than she had wanted to. 'Bring in your squadron, please. Corona Lead, if I could have a moment of your time first, and you stay out there, please.'

The line cut over, and next it was just him and her. The rest of the squadron headed towards the cruiser, but Corona Seven seemed to hesitate before she moved on. 'I need a moment of your time, if I could. I know Wedge told you about your mother. I am sure you have heard about my husband, too. The plan puts us in direct confrontation with the two most responsible.'

'But I want to let you know that I trust you, Rhoen, and as such I want to tell you this. If you cross paths with Kylo Ren, and if the opportunity for you to kill him to prevent his escape, rather than capture him, arises, I need you to promise that you will take the shot. But only if you can promise me that it won't come from a place of the dark side. My son needs to be stopped, at all costs. He has gone too far, but you need not blacken your soul for me.'

Suddenly a shout cut across the line as the door to her room opened in the background, a gravelly voice shouting. 'General Organa, we have a single enemy fighter inbound!'

'How?'

'It's jump coordinates match those of the Ruan system! A single TIE/SF, with one pilot. We're already jamming its transmissions.'

Leia realised who it was aloud. 'The second commando who went for Omas aboard the Voyager!' Her attention returned to Rhoen. 'You must stop that fighter jumping! The rest of the squadron won't be able to scramble in time!'

Scanners showed the fighter behind Rhoen, already looking to loop back around and gravity well of Yavin Prime and make that jump as soon as possible. With no rear gunner, it was a sitting duck, but as soon as it noticed Rhoen, it cancelled its turn and rolled to face him. The pilot was smart; it knew that it had to risk facing the only pilot that could stop its escape, rather than try for an even more dangerous run. The only miscalculation was that attempting to turn first gave Rhoen the chance to manoeuvre around too.

TAG: galactic-vagabond422
    ---
    Personal quarters

The moment that N'Dul's hand, mental or otherwise, touched upon his form, Crusher was up, his mental hand upon the Prefect's throat, and it was a strong grip. Anger scorched the Force, and N'Dul would feel the strength of someone who was at very least a Master of the Force.

But Crusher did not remember how this exact situation had occurred, just that he was angry about it, and he knew that N'Dul deserved to die. In the frame of dark side feud, he could easily sell it to the crew, and sell it to anyone who asked.

Apart from himself.

His lightsaber was in his hand, and it ignited, a pink-purple blade emerging. With a deep breath, Crusher remembered why he was here, and released his death grip upon N'Dul. All of that took less than a moment, but it was on a precipice that Crusher had not been on for a very, very long time.

Last time he had crossed it all the way.

'What are you doing?' Crusher snarled, finding his footing but leaving his weapon ignited. 'Not specifically, with Sallacine, but generally. Supreme Leader Snoke understands the need of a good example, but it doesn't need that. The First Order and the Imperial Remnant are different, even nine years after the Battle of Yuuzhan'tar.'

Crusher squeezed his fist. 'And you are itching at that tension.'

He didn't care, either way, but he had to push at N'Dul, and hard, because this was what was he needed to do as Crusher, Knight of Ren.

TAG: Darth Dreadwar
    ---
    IC: Wyn
    Craziness above Shadow

Two ships against a Star Destroyer was one thing, but two ships in the middle of a maelstrom of competing influences, an Imperial General ordering a cease fire on all parts, and a Corellian task force caught between escalating the engagement and leaving it, could break through and push out-system.

Which is exactly what they did. There weren't words on the chaos that they had to dive through, but there was a gap, and it was a gap they could get through. All of a sudden they were through, and Wyn punched it, jumping them into hyperspace.

Strang felt Elias' ship jump too, as much as Bre did. With recent advancements in hyperdrive use, they could communicate between each other's ships while in hyperspace, which was a novelty which many were not yet used to. Wyn opened a channel for them to share, as Strang unclipped and coaxed Ematt, the aged man who Elias had made a shield of, into consciousness.

Ematt winced as the smelling salts were cracked open and Strang pumped him with a stim. Wyn spoke up first. 'Okay, first things first - I am the coordinator of a Resistance Intel cell. Second thing, I didn't know about this mission to fake kidnap you, and had I, I would have told you, Praxon. Oh, and for the rest of you, my name is Wyn.'

Wyn was out of his seat but speaking loud enough that his voice could be picked up, checking over the Rodian operative that Praxon had taken down. 'Maybe we should dock, and iron this out.'

Assuming anyone trusted a word I am saying, Wyn thought.

TAG: Ktala, NickLitYouAFlame, HanSolo29
    Combo PM post, also!

17. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    K'Kruhk
    Lothal Jedi Temple

'Ah, Master K'Kruhk, it has been a while. Or have I yet met you?'

K'Kruhk stammered, felt himself reaching out to Caleb for support. He'd dealt with holocrons, knew what it was to speak to someone across time, but this was something entirely different.

"I...I don't think we..."

But the little Sith waved his hand. 'No matter. Time is irrelevant, when one has limitless amounts of it.' He grinned, and it was disarming, boyish. 'Yes, I am a real, and I was created by my master, in his image, for I am Darth Librium, though I suppose you know me as Luke.'

"N...o, little one, I don't think I know you at all."

The...someone projected from the holocron bristled, and opened his mouth to speak, but then...a pang. 'Looks as if we have company. That bore Brandl bore a son. How quaint. Did you want to make a deal with the proverbial Sith'ari, to learn more about me, or allow me to fall into the hands of Imperials? I won't allow you to destroy me, my friend, but I might allow you to hold my interest for a day or two.'

K'Kruhk wheeled on the entrance to the Temple. Ships coming. The Whipid looked down at the pyramid in his palm, reached out to the spirit lingering nearby. "I need a lightsaber."

Tim Battershell and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  18. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Callista
    Conference Room

“That’s very sweet of you Ma’am but not necessary.” The young woman gave a warm smile as she turned and stood between the senator and the assailant. Her soft smile melted into a frown, her light blue eyes suddenly darkening to a deep luminescent red as a bright shimmer of a personal shield wavered around her causing the accessories of her outfit, shawl and skirt to immediately disintegrate, leaving simply her leotard and boots.

~Combat Systems Active. Restriction Levels: ZERO. Lethal Force: Authorized.~ The room about them hummed at it became very clear that the gravity plating in the room was starting to increase. ~Eshan Standard Gravity Achieved~ The woman lifted her leg, and planted it firmly on the edge of the conference table. There was no moment of strain or give, the table simply ripped from its housing, and flew across the room at assailant.

~Cyber Assistant - Localized Logistical Intelligence and Strategic Tactical Assistant, C.A.L.L.I.S.T.A., Guardian Mode Engaged~

---- ----
    General Valsanis
    ENV Sword of Truth

The battle was going well, though loses on their side were not as acceptable as she’d like. The imperials were keeping their distance, knowing well if they venture close they would be torn apart. On the other side of the planet a flanking maneuver had been stalled, both by the planetary defense grid, and the timely arrival of a rather infamous Star Destroyer.

“Still,” Valsanis thought to herself as she looked at the battle. “They are expecting reinforcements. Their forces as are cannot win this. They know that, yet they do not retreat. They are expecting relief… and yet we cannot communicate with our own…” It had become painfully obvious that nothing but subspace communications were working now, the holonet seemed to be unresponsive. Parts worked, but important aspects, like interfleet communications were down. And it was not on their end. “We need to end this, and find out what they’re up to.”

Pulling herself out of her chair she placed her hands behind her back. “Bring the formation together, we’re going to form up around the Spirit of Eshan, order remaining corvettes and three quarters of our Guardians to remain in current formation. All other vessels, are to prepare for a Lance of Yusanis maneuver.” Lifting a hand she pointed at the command hologram of the battle, directing the gaze of her Command staff at a single Resurgent in the center of the fleet.

“That ship, is mostly unscathed, it has remained mid group, and has been well protected. It is bait, bait we are going to take." She then shifted point to another destroyer, this one in the rear, heavily damaged. "That one, we will capture as well. The other rear ship sacrificed itself to protect it from those wayward Vindicator's, it is the command ship, or at least carrying something of great value. It will be ours. Relay targeting information to the rest of the formation, we will continue to fire as normal till I give the order, then, we will show them that not even these new ‘battle cruisers” of theirs can stand up to the might of the greatest warriors in the Galaxy.”

The Bellator and the remaining able Imperial classes, along with a small portion of the smaller Guardian star destroyers began advancing, the other ships spreading out to close the gap. At first it truly had seemed like Dorja’s plan had succeeded, until the group suddenly ceased fire, but not their advance. It was an eerie silence, in the midst of the massive battle as the ships moved closer and closer together. By chance perhaps, a First Order observe might have taken note that all the weapon emplacements on the approaching ships were shifting, though it might not do much good.

For when Valsanis issued the order to fire, very little could be done by a ship, Star Destroyer or not, to withstand the withering might of near a dozen Imperial Star Destroyers, and the primary forward firing arc of a Bellator, all pin-pointed at a single, very, very unfortunate target. The Guardian’s missile barrages, were simply an added insult, to injury.

---- ----
    Vincent Mikaru
    Saara’s Ascent, corridor

Nearly thirty years. Since the day an Echani can walk, they are trained. They are given a stick, then a staff, some a sword. They are taught how to fight, how to survive, armed combat, martial arts, ranged weapons, armor upkeep, shield upkeep. As an Echani, you lived and breathed the art of war as much as you did any other aspect of life. From janitor to CEO, florist to soldier, every Echani was a warrior in heart and in practice.

But Firedancers were different. Over four thousand years ago Firedancers earned their name by spinning heated brands in a fighting style that most species saw as more of a dance than a martial art. Their practice and sparing matches brought people from across the galaxy to view them, their vibrant forms and flowing robes inspiring tourism and trade for generations.

Then came Revan, the Sith Lord, not the Jedi from before, and the death of General Yusanis. Yusanis had fought bravely, and had withstood the might of the Sith Lord far more than most, even Revan’s mighty use of the Force had not gained him the advantage, but still, the General fell. And with his fall, came the rise of the new Firedancers.

It was said that the Mandalorians had developed their own particular words for the Jedi and the Sith because they knew better than most that they could not be trusted. The Echani knew, that if the Mandalorians saw fit to fear someone, then the Echani would do well to engage in caution. Yusanis, cemented that fact.

For four thousand years the Firedancers shifted, they changed. Every bit of information on the Jedi, the Sith, the Force, it was all taken in, all recorded, all in secret. The Firedancers learned, they honed, they taught, and for generations they became the aegis that protected the planet from those who would use the Force against the Echani. This was shown most highly, in the great galactic war, when the Sith invaded the planet, only to be slaughtered within hours. A truth that had died with the assailants, as the Echani simply placed the victory on their might as a whole

And for nearly thirty years, since the day Vincent could hold a stick in his hand, he was thought. He was trained. He was honed. And it all came rushing into the forefront of his mind as his vibroblade came up, contacting with the downward swing of a Force pike. The two weapons vibrated against each other, a stinging shrill sound filling the air as their motors fought against the other. It was here, now, where a secret kept for four thousand years would be broken.

He pushed up with much of his strength, breaking their clash and causing the Knight to step back as Vincent drew his left hand close to his side. It was here, where a stand would be made, it was here where the open might of the Knights of Ren would be tested by the silent strength of the Echani Firedancers. And as Vincent’s fist flew forward, impacting with the midsection of the night the Force swirled, it flared, almost in anger, in a way it hadn’t been used outside sparing matches with Tank.

Then like the breaking of a dam it sprang forward, the shockwave releasing from Vincent’s fist into the Knight’s midsection with a loud boom.

Now, we would see how durable the knights truly were, when faced with true combatants.

Tim Battershell likes this.
  19. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Arriving in the Yavin System

"I know you're Lead, but I'm here if you need me, Lead." A final sigh escaped Rhoen's chest, it felt good to open up to someone. But, the question she asked, if what they were doing was right, it still hung in the air. His first answer came from a place of absolute rage and emotion it wasn't the reply of a commander.

"Thanks Corona Seven." He replied. It was quiet no acknowledgement of thanks, no triad on how a Captain should act, just nothing. "Corona Seven?" more silence over the channel. Had he scared her?

A short while later they arrived in system, finding the Resistance Task Force. Rhoen's eyes widened as the Home One jumped in. It had survived, his mother had told him stories of the ship, and seeing it now after everything he'd been through, it was a relief.

"Captain Aquilla," Leia Organa’s voice rang out over the comm channel. The words made Rhoen straighten his shoulders. "Corona Squadron, welcome to Yavin."

"Thank you mam'" he said, nodding his head slightly.

"I have had word from the Galactic Voyager, Captain." The young pilot's head perked up. The atmosphere in his small cockpit thickened, it felt hard to breathe. He'd given the order to jump out of the system, he left them to die. "Chief of State Omas escaped from the Ruan system with minor issue, and is on its way to the next rendezvous point. Well done for getting you and your squadron here," Rhoen let out a nervous laugh followed by a long reliving breath, some of the tension in his heart lessened and the crushing weight he'd been under lightened a bit.

"Woo," he said leaning back as much as he could in such a confined space. "That's good to hear mam'" A deep smile grew across his face, it was the best news he could receive, given the circumstances.

"Bring in your squadron, please." The smile still plastered on his face the Captain began his approach towards the cruisers. "Corona Lead," Leia said drawing Rhoen's attention, "if I could have a moment of your time first, and you stay out there, please." The grin dimmed a bit, was their more news from Ruan, had something happened to General Antilles or the pilot that got left behind?

"Of Course" He replied as the rest of his squadron moved on, Corona Seven hesitating for a moment before following the rest. Was she worried about him, his actions leading up to this hadn't really inspired confidence.

He switched over to a private line and waited for Leia to speak. "I need a moment of your time, if I could. I know Wedge told you about your mother. I am sure you have heard about my husband, too." The smile once on his face, disappeared completely. The loss of General…Mr. Solo had reached his ears, and part of him couldn't believe it, and mentioning his mother in the same breath had put a damper on his growing relief. "The plan puts us in direct confrontation with the two most responsible." The thought of vengeance crossed his mind and caused his heart to jump.

"But I want to let you know that I trust you, Rhoen, and as such I want to tell you this. If you cross paths with Kylo Ren, and if the opportunity for you to kill him to prevent his escape, rather than capture him, arises, I need you to promise that you will take the shot." He knew he would, there would be no hesitation in him when the time came, he might not even consider bringing him in alive but,couldn’t go that far. That would be against his orders, though it is nice to know he had some latitude. "But only if you can promise me that it won't come from a place of the dark side. My son needs to be stopped, at all costs. He has gone too far, but you need not blacken your soul for me." He hissed slightly though his teeth, what was he, some sort of Jedi that needed to worry about falling to the darkside? No, he was a pilot, fulling his orders, if those orders happened to coincide with his desires all the better, would give him more motivation.

He was about to reply, saying that he would do his best but, he couldn't make a guarantee. Except a gravelly voice cut in over the channel.

"General Organa, we have a single enemy fighter inbound!"

"How?" Leia replied an equal amount of surprise in her voice.

"It's jump coordinates match those of the Ruan system! A single TIE/SF, with one pilot. We're already jamming its transmissions." The other voice explained, Rhoen's brow furrowed as he looked at his sensors. It was right behind him, attempting to break around Yavin Prime's gravity well.

"The second commando who went for Omas aboard the Voyager!" the young pilot was already in motion drawing on his training and hours in the simulator. "You must stop that fighter jumping!" General Organa continued turning her attention back to the Captain. "The rest of the squadron won't be able to scramble in time!"

"Understood." He'd already snapped his craft around feeling the gravity forces push him deeper into his seat. The attempt to escape had left the TIE out of position, and gave Rhoen an early advantage, he was already behind the other fighter. An errant thought crossed his mind,

'Time to complete the set.' His mind flashed back briefly to his meeting with Cal Omas, the one that never happened. To the smoke that rose from the hole he'd made in a black clad trooper. This beast, whoever it was, was going to join their partner, Rhoen would see to it.

The young man's mind focused intently on the craft in front of him. His thoughts were only of angle of attack, possible countermeasures, and relative speeds and vectors. Underneath it all though, there was an edge of anger, an undercurrent of hate, a hidden thirsting for revenge. Rhoen noticed the TIE's acceleration dropping, he acted in kind letting off a burst of laser fire as the ball came closer. He ripped through the shields with deadly intent but, before the hull could take any damage the other pilot pulled up, out of the line of fire. Rhoen gave chase, climbing as fast as he could, keeping the enemy in his sights. The TIE was faster, more maneuverable but, the disadvantage it was put in by being pursued was difficult to overcome.

At the bottom of the loop the opponent banked hard to port, the Captain followed it. Vibrations from the ship filtered through his body. He was pushing his snubfighter to the limit but, he couldn't give up his position. He couldn't let the TIE in behind him. His thumb hovered over the fire button for his torpedoes, if he could get a lock, that fighter would be gone, but how many tries would it take? How many torps could he afford to waste? The Resistance didn't have much before, much less now after taking out Starkiller Base. He moved his thumb away, he was going lasers only. His quarry was skilled, keeping in constant motion not allowing him a clear shot, and not making the same mistake it had made with its attempted throttle hop. It was putting space between it and the slower X-Wing. Rhoen knew he couldn't keep up and soon it would out run him and maybe try and loop around again, or go heads up. With its shields such a maneuver was not as suicidal as it once was for the imp in the TIE. Corona Leader started shunting power from his shields into engines, it wouldn't make him faster than the TIE but, would cut into that particular advantage.

He'd held off doing that for fear of this animal gaining the upper hand but, he decided that if that should happen it was already over. His target was too skilled, once position was lost Rhoen knew he'd never get it back. Ace squawked something but, its pilot didn't have time to look at the translation. The vibrations in his craft were becoming more noticeable. Rhoen's X-Wing was on the edge but, it only needed to put up with this a little longer. A feint to port and a hard turn to starboard from the TIE gave the young captain a desperate idea. He cut his throttle and turned as tight as he could. Bringing the nose of his fighter ahead of the 'Eyeball's' projected arc. He fought his own body to keep enough blood in his brain to operate. The edges of his vision began to grey as he pulled the trigger.

Red lances of energy steamed from the laser cannons on the tips of each wing. Each striking the black starfighter, the first few stuck shields until finally shots started hitting the craft itself. Rhoen's lasers shredded the starboard side solar panel punching straight through and into the cockpit. A few moments later the perfect sphere exploded into a short lived fireball.

The adrenaline that had been pumping through his system had made him giddy. The smile returned to his face as he set his course back towards the fleet.

"This is Corona Leader," He said triumphantly over an open channel, "One Eyeball blinded, returning to base at this time." He allowed himself to bask a bit in his victory. It was a small one, but necessary, a morale booster, to himself if not the rest of his squadron.

'One down' he thought, 'A thousand more to go.' The predatory smile deepened, 'Bring them on.'

Coming down from the combat high, he realized he never gave an answer to General Organa, could he pull the trigger on Kylo Ren, absolutely but, could he do it without malice, without anger? That he was unsure of, this short dogfight had showed him his own internal feelings. He hated the First Order, it was a base feeling stemming from the emptiness he felt. The loss of his mother left a gaping wound inside him, and now he was trying to fill it with rage. Rage at the men that killed her.

He also didn't have an answer for Corona Seven, Lysa Dunter, was what they were doing right? Was it necessary that Snoke and Ren be removed? And could it be done without blackening their souls? He wasn't sure his heart wasn't already darkened. He could feel it. He was already thinking of his enemy as animals, as weeds that need to be removed.

He landed his fighter alongside the rest of his squadron, and bounded down the ladder. He got a few smiles and pats on the back from his squadmates, or should he call them subordinates. His helmet removed and tucked under his left arm, he scanned the hangar looking for someone. Her blonde hair shined slightly under the artificial lights. Her head was turned away and all he could see was the back of her orange New Republic flightsuit.

"Lysa…" he coughed into his hand slightly trying to hide his nervousness, "I mean Flight Officer Dunter," He tried to swiftly cover his break in protocol by running a hand through his sweat drenched hair "could I speak to you…in private?"

20. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    IC: Kodo Prine -- Moldy Crow

Kodo continued for a moment to fire wildly, but calmed himself as he saw that things were relatively more under control than he had thought.

"They're expecting us to break through the next squadron and into their guns. Don't," Jan told the others, and the trio quickly followed orders, breaking formation.

He didn't fully catch the next comment, but the knowing glance that Kyle seemed to cast her way in response made him uneasy. That uneasiness was multiplied tenfold as the voice now returned, more insistent than ever.

'Little Jedi, don't make me puppet you again. You let me in once before, and I can take you whenever I like.'

Uneasiness turned to revulsion as he prepared to reluctantly submit, but then the combat meld returned to the fore as well. He receded within himself again.

Suddenly, the sound of the unending chitters and clicks of the Dagobah swamp fell away as Kodo dropped into the cave from above. His breathing suddenly felt labored, his chest heavy with unease. The entire planet felt like a dream half forgotten, but this place was singularly surreal. The ground was hard beneath his feet and the air was dry - altogether unlike the yielding sod and sticky chill above. Whispers echoed all around, words unintelligible, but desires crystal clear. Multiple voices. Some beckoned him deeper into the grotto. Some deterred him angrily.

He took a step forward, and from a darkened corner at the far end of the hollow, he saw a cloaked figure slowly rise to full, towering height. He reached for his lightsaber as it took a step forward, and with a snap-hiss the near side of the cave was bathed in blue light. And with another, the opposite side was bathed in red. Kodo's eyes fixed upon their own reflection, in the visor of the black and silver helmet staring back at him.

The dying cries of a young woman reverberated in the Kel Dor's mind as the cloaked one lashed out at him, and he rose his blade to awkwardly block the attack. Struck dumb by terror, he found himself in a blade lock with the taller and much stronger foe. He began to lose ground as it slowly bared down upon him from above, a fiery quillion now only inches from his face.

Finally his strength failed, and the cloaked one tore into him without mercy. His lightsaber fell from his grip, clattering to the ground in front of him and rolling away.

He fell to his knees, and Kylo Ren was gone.

He took several shallow, gasping breaths as he collapsed forward onto all fours. It took several moments for the realization to sink in that he was still alive. When he looked up, out toward where his lightsaber had come to rest, he saw sitting next to it a small pyramid. It seemed to glow with power, and for the first time the scattered whispers coalesced into one, focused thought.

'The light couldn't save the others, little Jedi. Nor will it save you. But I can. And the only price... Is everything.'

"No!" He said out loud from his seat in the Crow. Clear of mind even if only for a moment, he gave over to the meld. Strengthened and warmed by it, he gathered his focus on the task at hand, Kodo found a tie in his sights, and he fired.

Darth Dreadwar and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Combo Post with GM Sinrebirth

IC: Atropos
    Imperial Shipyards, Yaga Minor

The dead man and the Mand'alor brought the body aboard and out of sight. Possibly surprising the Manda'lor, the dead man indicated that the corpse could be left in the 'fresher, rather than trying to access the only 'official' airlock on the vessel. The reason was that this sort of problem had happened to the dead man's father in years past, leading to the installation of a MagCon field over the normal in-atmosphere entry-port. The son had copied the father's idea, so that the act of opening the main hatch in vacuum would not now depressurise most of the ship.

"I remember when a hunter had to be subtle on a hunt. Before I was 'Boba Fett', before everyone was afraid of what I was. It's not been recent that I've had to go undercover.... But I had to, to find out who is hiring hunters separately to hunt auretiise but timing t so that it will go wrong.... I did throw your name into the ring with Pellaeon, as compensation for in all likelihood spoiling your bounty.... But it seems your kill of Flennic was pay enough. But I will need your comm data for the contact to triangulate with Goran and Susular, who you left out to dry.". The Manda'lor, or rather Boba Fett, had never been famed for talking - not with his mouth, anyway - and it still showed.

"You can have the Comm Data, with pleasure. I've always worked the way you mostly used to, entirely alone. It usually simplifies things. Had I been told others were tasked to the same job, I'd never have taken it on. As it was I very nearly pulled out. Just that a murdered daughter, and a wife dead of grief, needed some payback inflicted on those responsible, or their ilk. Lexa was only five when those murderers butchered her for being in the same place as Jedi.... I don't even know if she was Force Sensitive - that's why she was there, to be tested. My wife was a Farlander, you see.". The dead man thought it tactful not to mention that Fett, in his Bounty Hunting days, had developed quite the reputation for being a barve one partnered with at one's own extreme peril! More had died than survived and the survivors always seemed to have had the rough end of the deal, for one reason or another.

"If you've secure Comms to your ship, it'd be helpful if they do as much damage and cause as much confusion as they can on their way out. We will be playing at trying to capture them - or, at least, Moff Sarreti's ship 'Vornskr' will."

Fett nodded, shortly. With a tap to his wrist, the connection to Slave I linked to Atropos' ship. 'A Farlander. Jedi name. I hear that Kylo Ren got him, too.'

The bounty hunter didn't see a need to continue on and engage in a personal discourse. This entire mission was nothing more than him looking after his own - his clan, his people - and Atropos didn't figure into it.

Opening a channel to Goran, he was displeased to see it find his friend in the weapons seat, not the pilot. His face did not register an emotional change, but his voice did. 'Goran, I have a dead Mando and you decide to rile me and let someone else fly my ship?'

Goran had the message over the speakers in the ship. 'Don't you be like that with me, Bob'ika, we both know it spooks me out flying this crate.'

Boba kept his voice even. 'The Imps will crack this line if you carry on wasting time.' His readouts, connected this ship, told him that Susular's bombs were causing merry havoc across all channels and the Moffs were adding their brand of chaos to everything by giving counterproductive orders. Fett followed Atropos to the cockpit as he spoke. 'We need maximum mess and distraction now. I'll follow in a different ship, tagged Vornskr, an Imperial ID. Play well but maybe dump all of the mines before you pull away for us to pursue - the Imps will wonder why you're not using them on pursuit otherwise.'

The length and breadth of the yard shook, suddenly, and Fett cast an eye over the displays as he steadied himself against a seat. 'And hurry.'

The reason for the hurrying was apparent. The Megador, in this Yard but poised to depart, was due to be rechristened and launched; but it could not raise its shields while connected to the station. Turbolasers were lancing out and obliterating the connections, but carefully, so as to avoid overly damaging the shipyards and the Destroyer itself.

In short time, it would be free of the network of girders and scaffolding that embraced it, and then they would have a whole different problem.

The dead man took his place at the controls and began a much-abbreviated pre-flight checklist. lifting-off as soon as he dared.

Thankful that Sarreti was one of the most sensible and cautious Moffs - known to be something of a thinker - and also that he'd replaced the disgraced Moff Disra in overseeing Braxant Sector (which made obtaining the copious amounts of high-quality Holo necessary for the 'Holo-shroud' gambit relatively easy) the dead man set the Comms system for HoloCom transmission, tight-beamed to the VSD Protector, the ISDs Peerless and Defiant and - as an afterthought - also to the SSD Megador.

The Skipray having, by now, cleared its berth, the dead man flicked a hidden switch, causing the Ship's ID profile to register an additional piece of information on sensors capable of reading it - a VIP-RS flag; the 'RS' standing for 'Restricted Status' - or, in plain Basic, 'Don't Ask'!

Giving time for the flag to be noticed and remarked on, the dead man activated the HoloCom system; "Gentlemen,"; the image of Moff Sarreti, seated in an otherwise empty Skipray cockpit, said in his normal tones; "No names or titles, please, but do you recognise me? We must be careful not to fall for a cunning Rebel deception, as we have too many times in the past. Anyone can put paint on an old Firespray 31. The Supreme Leader will want these murdering saboteurs taken alive for deep interrogation. Find out who they truly are and who sent them here. We don't want to 'Mess with Mandalorians' unless it's entirely justified, do we? So, please back off and do not interfere with my pursuit.".

TAG: Sinrebirth, Mitth_Fisto.

22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    GM Sinre Combo Post

IC: Sesulur Dha'tra
    Yaga Minor, Shipyards

Dha'tra looked out as the view went from buildings to twisting girders and angry birds in the context of the one-eyes trying to intercept them in their route. He had to admit that Goran was pretty good at handling the ships blasters. Every time he had a moment to spare he glanced more at the controls he was having to use, each glance letting his artificial eye take more snap images and begin the process of icon identification, a handy tool that didn't require him to actually pay attention as his eyes CPU tagged and used his own ID symbols to mark what he was seeing. Still, looking at where they were going he took one hand free from the stick after a loop around a girder to allow Goran to clean their tail a touch before resuming their route. He pointed at a support structure, one his eye had tagged as having possible chemical storage due to the translated section markings. "Hit that as we come past." he simply intoned as he slowed to allow a good line up before punching it to clear in case it was as volatile as he hoped.

Glancing again after dodging more support structures as he followed the route Goran had showed him he took stock of what his eye had tagged for the ships controls. One symbol caught his eye very easily. Mining. Mining? What would possess Mandalor to turn a predator into a mining vessel?!? Wait. That looked familiar. "Are those sonic mines? We could use that. . ."

'Yeah, Boba's buir added them, one of the original bits that Boba has kept.' Goran's eye caught the tracking signal to Boba. 'Seems to be getting a bit insistent on the pickup.'

"Fine, contact Mandalor and ask how he would like to dole out a little mayhem with his plan." Reaching into the largely deflated synthflesh stomach he pulled out a small remote and pressed the button. "Because that was my plan Besh." Meanwhile the dual canisters he had dropped in the building had a tube bomb between the two of them activated. The blast would cause a minor shock wave in the structure, possibly enough to cause some stress fractures for the gas to seep into, but the true purpose was to compress the corrosive gas from cloud dispersal back into a wave front and expand the area of damage and mayhem as well as insure that all evidence was destroyed. Hopefully by now the Mando left behind would be little more than a puddle, bones, and armor with corroded circuits.

His face did not register an emotional change, but his voice did. 'Goran, I have a dead Mando and you decide to rile me and let someone else fly my ship?'

Goran had the message over the speakers in the ship. 'Don't you be like that with me, Bob'ika, we both know it spooks me out flying this crate.'

Boba kept his voice even. 'The Imps will crack this line if you carry on wasting time.' His readouts, connected this ship, told him that Susular's bombs were causing merry havoc across all channels and the Moffs were adding their brand of chaos to everything by giving counterproductive orders. Fett followed Atropos to the cockpit as he spoke. 'We need maximum mess and distraction now. I'll follow in a different ship, tagged Vornskr, an Imperial ID. Play well but maybe dump all of the mines before you pull away for us to pursue - the Imps will wonder why you're not using them on pursuit otherwise.'

The length and breadth of the yard shook, suddenly, and Fett cast an eye over the displays as he steadied himself against a seat. 'And hurry.'

The reason for the hurrying was apparent. The Megador, in this Yard but poised to depart, was due to be rechristened and launched; but it could not raise its shields while connected to the station. Turbolasers were lancing out and obliterating the connections, but carefully, so as to avoid overly damaging the shipyards and the Destroyer itself. In short time, it would be free of the network of girders and scaffolding that embraced it, and then they would have a whole different problem.

"You know, I always wanted to be able to paint a star destroyer on my ships hull." grinning madly he hit the accelerators. Taking them from their steady marked weaving in the scaffolding into a mad headlong dash were clearances were marked not by multiples of meters, but by fractions of one as the ship spun, turned and fish-hooked it's way through the maze of scaffolding.

Speaking calmly he slowly marked out with a lifted hand from the stick where he planned on dropping their mines. "Now we have nine charges. If we drop here, fore and starboard, duck under drop one in passing each hanger, loop up drop three - one for each main engine with the hope of starting a reactor overload, loop up drop one infront of the bridge with a bisecting angle for the ship, another fore on the opposing side, and then drop the last to clear whatever enemy swarm of Ties is closest we should be out in time to fire a couple torps at the corvette and race for space with you laying covering fire. Hit as many weapons as you can."

Putting a hand back on the stick he began to sing an old song he knew, Jedi Rocks in Huttesse. "Here we go." he simply stated in a pausing breath as one hair pin turn gave a slightly disconcerting screech from the ships shields as they cut it too close around a girder. With the Star Destroyer looming ahead he began singing even louder as a couple of the turbolasers began to shift focus onto them. Making their approach all the more hazardous.

TAG: Sinre

23. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    IC: Azgath N'Dul
    Crusher's quarters, the Bellicose

If Crusher was to peer with the eyes of the Force at N'Dul's aura, then, he would have perceived something that felt both like and unlike a torrent of fear. There was an undercurrent, there, of lethal terror, crushed beneath the heel of cold carelessness that seemed to emanate from far away. It was if, impossibly, threads of two beings' emotions coursed through the twisted pathways of N'Duls neurons, splintering at the intersection between submission and dominance, fear, and the mere pretense of such. Crusher would sense a strange feeling of... Preparing to leave? To withdraw? Retreat where? It was scarcely the emotions of one who had courted death quite so closely.

Azgath smiled, shakily, a likewise shuddering hand rising to caress his neck gingerly, where Crusher's formidable power had descended in an attack too sudden to do the slightest about. The young noble swallowed, and knelt, his forehead coming to rest against Crusher's boots, in an act of appropriate abasement.

That strange smiled remained resting on his lips, however, as he craned his neck upwards, peering at the Dark Knight who towered above him. "Peace, my Lord Knight," Azgath's voice was strained, as if warring with himself even as he uttered those words. "Whatever dynamic we have, in private, must not be seen out there," he continued, steadiness returning. "I did not appreciate your attempt to play games, using the dear Captain as a pawn," his eyes locked with Crusher's own hidden gaze. And within those eyes, at complete odds with the shivering, the tone, position of prostration and weakness, there was pure darkness, uncaring, and now the essence of those blackening pits was spreading like a disease to infuse Azgath's voice.

"I care not for superiority, only this: you will not diminish my agency and command aboard this vessel." Quite impossibly, the words, delivered from a man grovelling at Crusher's feet, conveyed a sense of imperious command. Curt. Cold. And... well, not confident, exactly. Instead, there was an icy and thoughtful certainty behind the words that made confidence seem like the emotion of a lesser being. That tone didn't evoke a hateful enemy that might cut your throat: it was the indifferent knife in the enemy's hand, to which your blood had no meaning at all.

It stretched the limits of Azgath's vocal chords, to become a dangerous hiss, as Azgath rose to his feet, planting a reverent kiss upon the tip of Crusher's boots as he did so, staring down the powerful Knight of Ren.

"Do you wish to play a game of power and theatrics, or will you succumb to the pretense of some... narcoleptic episode that has evidently gripped you, and nurse yourself to health in the medical bay? Or perhaps... you will accept you moved against me, while I tarried in coming to the bridge, for your own status, and I merely responded in kind... and now that is all good and even between us, we may return to the bridge together, as..." The smile was no longer a quivering thing, but a cold, cold quirk of mocking lips, dripping with the elements of a sneer while fixed in pure steadiness that promised deserved fate should Crusher not accept Azgath's gesture of submission and overture of equality. "Friends?"

24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Chapter Seven

Days ago

'All rise!'

Queen Mother Tenel Ka privately grimaced as she had to be announced to a secret meeting of her military advisors. The Prince, Isolder, her father, was here, as well as many of the more militant heads of the families, Ducha's AlGray and Galney first among them. To make matters all the more serious, Ta'a Chume, the scheming former Queen of the Hapan Consortium, was present. She of course did not rise, and nor did Isolder, being as he was already standing. A warm smile touched upon his lips, and Tenel Ka returned it just before she turned to take her throne.

'You may sit,' she intoned, a slight nod of approval from her grandmother. Tenel Ka resisted the urge to roll her eyes, instead maintaining a rigid stoicism. Once everyone was settled, Tenel Ka turned her head to her father. 'We would hear upon the Royal Navy with an update.'

Isolder bowed, having not sat, either. 'The warships of the First Order remain in the positions they have since the destruction of Starkiller base. A single Destroyer upon each of the hyperlanes out of the cluster, totalling six. They are not directly present either, simply aside from the traffic into and out of the system, with patrols of TIE fighters crossing into and out of hyperspace. No direct or indeed indirect harassment is occurring - they are simply there.'

Ducha Galney spoke up. 'Is it confirmed that each of these are the new class? Resurgent-class, was it? Those three kilometre long monstrosities?'

'It appears to be a purely First Order deployment, you are correct,' responded the Prince.

Ta'a Chume spat a response. 'I do not see the need to distinguish between the Remnant and First Order any longer, what with the reports we received before this infernal HoloNet blackout about the expansion of Remnant territory. They are clearly one and the same now.'

'We would not consider it wise to give up Pellaeon and the other Imperials who honoured the Galactic Concordance so quickly. Many of them came to our aid in the Yuuzhan Vong War after all.' Tenel Ka said tightly, careful not to betray the secret knowledge she possessed.

A Ducha stood up in support of Tenel Ka's grandmother, as always. 'Only after they were attacked by the invaders, Queen Mother.'

Ducha Galney snapped a response at the fool before Tenel Ka was required to have them evicted for their disrespectful tone. 'Because they had passed to the Alliance secret knowledge of the Deep Core hyperlanes, and for the Battle of Ithor, which was barely in response to the Battle of Shramar - Pellaeon dedicated himself to the Garqi feint before he even knew of that.'

Tenel Ka raised a hand, ever pleased to be defended so heartily by Ducha Galney. 'Precisely so. The situation pervades, however, that we are isolated, in more than ways than one.'

Gray scowled, beetling her brow. 'But who we do we have the ally with? With no communications outside the Consortium, no New Republic to coordinate with, and no coup throwing down Snoke, we are bereft of options save but to stay within our borders and maintain our posture.'

The Queen Mother, watching Tenel Ka with knowing eyes, spoke softly. 'And if we have more knowledge, and more allies, do we propose to strike at the First Order?'

'For impinging upon our independence, even in the slightest, we must respond,' responded the Prince, with more force than he might have with a simple Ducha.

'To what extent? To the extent that we dispatch our men and women to Coruscant all over again? Sacrifice the life blood of our people to watch the galaxy fall apart again?' Ta'a Chume shrugged on her lounger. 'We have been involved in two wars since Palpatine fell. Why should we join a third?'

Tenel Ka could only be annoyed, aware that her grandmother had manipulated the meeting thus far, as she always did. 'We would consider the facts of the matter. Had we intervened earlier in the war against the Empire, or the Yuuzhan Vong, perhaps our tragedies in those respective conflicts would have been avoided. Isolation has not protected us in the past, and I doubt it will in the future, what with the galaxy seemingly having reached a point where all of our wars are indeed all or nothing affairs. We can only blame Palpatine for that, for his invasion of our territories, which only occurred because of our isolation. We cannot expect an enemy of the galaxy to leave us alone any longer, despite our fondest wishes.'

Ta'a Chume nodded, clearly seeing the durasteel in her voice as a sign. 'I was only pointing this out so the naysayers can understand exactly what you propose.'

What she proposed, Tenel Ka noted, heaping all the blame upon her if any campaign went awry. Manipulative, as ever. She didn't dispute he need for it, however, which was especially galling. But the point was made, as was her fathers. They could not act alone, and to do so was to invite disaster.

What Tenel Ka needed was a sign.

A light in the seeming dark.

What she needed more than anything was Jacen.

--
    IC: Bre - combo
    On the way

Bre watched as the soldier guy, slipped a smelling salt under the other guy. The man slowly opened his eyes. As that was going on, a two way had been set up between the two ships. The guy on the other ship spoke up first. ["Okay, first things first - I am the coordinator of a Resistance Intel cell. Second thing, I didn't know about this mission to fake kidnap you, and had I, I would have told you, Praxon. Oh, and for the rest of you, my name is Wyn.'] A pause, and then Wyn added, ['Maybe we should dock, and iron this out.']

Bre snorted. "Then next time, tell your folks, that stiffing the hired held, is NOT a good way to build a relationship." She paused for a moment, and then looked over at the solder. "Hey, you got any more of those smelling salts? I think there is a guy out back, with a few cracked ribs, who probably needs to be in this conversation as well." She added with a smirk. Once she got the smelling salts, Bre headed back down, walking very cautiously, to where she had left Fox. She was NOT about to let him get the jump on her, if he was not as unconscious as she had left him.

--

Praxon exhaled deeply and pressed against the console so that his elbows were resting on the edge of the dash. Normally, he welcomed the allure of hyperspace and the few short hours of peace that it afforded him, particularly with such a hectic lifestyle, but today, it did very little to alleviate his concerns. Even as the woman’s irate response filtered over the comm from the other ship, Wyn's words continued to echo in his mind, eliciting a sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach as he turned his head marginally to the side to regard his long-time companion and assistant for a long moment.

A Resistance coordinator? Who was this person? He thought he knew, but now, he wasn’t so sure anymore…

Steeling himself for what was to follow, Praxon pinched the bridge of his nose and deliberately averted his gaze. “And you know what? I've changed my mind. I don't need to know anymore, so if you want to dock, you can do it alone.” He sighed, an edge of bitterness to his voice. “I think it's in my best interest to end my participation right here before things get worse."

--

Elias exhaled loudly, suddenly aware that he had been holding his breath for the past minute. Bre left her seat, presumably to go check on the other passengers. Elias pulled his headset down off of his ears and around his neck. He reached up, brushed his hair back out of his face, and took deep even breaths. His shoulder was still in searing pain. He grimaced as he lifted out of his seat and walked into the main hold.

Without saying a word, initially, he began pulling the medkit off of the ship wall. Since he still wasn’t wearing a shirt, he simply reached up and began disinfecting his shoulder wound. The blaster bolt had cauterized the wound, but it was an ugly, broken red color, contrasting strongly against his skin color. He hadn’t lost blood, but the wound, combined with the exertion of combat was making him lightheaded.

While one of the mercenaries roused the other, Elias abruptly said, “I’m sorry about your friend.”

--

Fox woke with a fit, thrashed about, and fixed his eyes on the corpse, before he realised where he was. With a glare, his eyes fixed back on Bre and he launched himself at her.

--

Bre was already ready for Fox. She could imagine, if the last thing he remembered was getting run over by some kid, and then waking up on a strange ship, and finding the body of someone you know lying next to you, would not wake up in the best of moods. But the idjit should have realized that
    if he wasnt tied up, oh well.

Bre simply grinned, as she moved VERY fast, moving back away from his swing, while she kicked him in his ribs. Since she knew he had a few broken ones, and with all his wild swinging, that should remind him of the fact very quickly. But even as she moved, she saw Fred rolling down towards her as
    well.

Bre brought both hands up, as she frowned at the man. "STAND DOWN PE'KAK!" she yelled at him, before setting off her wrist rockets at point blank rage of his face. The brilliant blast of light would certainly blind him, (temporarily of course), and hopefully give him time to cool off, before she
    really had to hurt him. She had already given him a good blow to the jaw, but if the idiot didnt stop, she would have to knock him out again. Fred crashed into Fox's legs after the flash, offering his help as well.

--

Fox went down; hard. There was an audible clang as he took the hits from Bre and the assist by Fred. Strang's voice finally kicked in, a little surprised at how Bre had taken him down so efficiently. 'Stand down, Fox!'

That brought old man Ematt around, albeit groggily. His eyes fixed upon Elias, working away at his wounds, and a rolling of his jaw. 'You made a mess of my mission, son.'

--

Bre stepped back, knocking the knife away from the man, as she did. She didnt take her eyes off of him, but watched him warily. She heard the other man tell Fox to stand down. He must be the leader then. She then heard the man saying something on how Elias had made a mess of his mission. Mission? Obviously, it was one, that Praxton was not aware of. Bre spoke to the man, not turning her head.

"I dont think he was the one to mess up your mission. Them troopers where there a little too quick, no talk about all those ships we just had to dance through, in order to make jump." Bre stated matter of fact. "Besides, what was that little show supposed to do?" she asked as she walked back towards the front of the ship, Fred following closely behind her, keeping an eye on Fox, just in case he tried something again. Bre then called out to the other ship. "Everything is fine Praxton. Just had to wake up someone who was a little, jumpy." Bre sat down, waiting for a response.

--

“No, everything certainly isn’t fine!” Praxon breathed with exasperation as he became increasingly more desperate to put this situation behind him, especially now that it appeared as if Wyn was willfully working against him.

In addition, the seemingly nonchalant attitude of the others did very little to instill confidence. While he was quite willing to accept that kind of behavior as a coping mechanism, it still came across as being quite callous. He almost wished they would have torn each other apart in the apparent scuffle that had been filtering in over the comm system. Perhaps another time…

“What you did – you and your men,” he paused, gesturing ardently to himself as he gathered his thoughts. “That’s considered assault…do you understand? I don’t care who you’re working for! Now, I could press charges, but that’ll draw way more attention than I’m willing to put out there about this little incident. As I see it, I’m now out danger and I just want to walk away.”

--

Wyn pulled a face. 'Well, when we arrive at Yavin I'll take my leave of you then, Praxon.'

'I know you aren't happy about this, but you should know me.' Her tone got stronger. 'It started off with me taking these missions for Resistance in secret to give you plausible deniability that you were just doing mercy missions. I guessed you wouldn't be concerned as I thought this was about helping people, not about self-aggrandisement. You can get on your high bantha and lecture us about the law, and pressing charges but the capital was just destroyed. I may been unable to have fought in the Yuuzhan Vong War because I had responsibilities to my family, but I knew that I would have done my part if I could.'

Wyn didn't give Praxon time to reply, and nobody else either. 'Bre is right - we were setup, but not by the Resistance, by the First Order and probably Sal-Solo too. But if you want to think about your personal freedom then you go do that.'

Wyn left the cockpit and abandoned the conversation. 'Say what you want to these people who risked their lives to help you. I'll be in my bunk until we get to Yavin.'

--

Elias slowly bandaged his shoulder, watching the commotion with little more than mild interest. When he saw the flash of a knife, he started moving towards the fight, but the girl just as quickly disarmed and took her assailant down. He finished wrapping his shoulder and took a seat on a free bench. He frowned at the old, not homeless, not blind man’s admonishment and ignored the girl coming to his defence.

“You started a frenzy on a heavily populated landing dock. I regret causing the death of one of your men, but I merely reacted to save Praxon, however misguided my actions turned out to be.”

Elias reached a hand out to the man. “I think some introductions might make this business run a little smoother. Elias Noble.”

--

'Wyn, wait..."

Praxon started to rise in order to give chase, but in his haste, his knees caught the bottom edge of the console and he cursed. It was just as well. He should've known better than to attempt to reason with her after such a benevolent display. How could he even justify himself after that? Anything he could have offered to counter her accusations would have made him look even more like a narcissistic fool. He didn't like to be painted with such a broad brush, but in this case, maybe he deserved it. It wouldn't be the first time a simple misunderstanding had clouded his judgement. He feared that the true reason for his anxiety over her secret appointment with the Resistance came down to the simple fact that she was just a better person than he was. And that stung...a lot.

With his face twisting into a grimace, he slowly lowered himself back into the pilot's chair and gingerly rubbed at his offending knee. When the pain had subsided to tolerable levels, his eyes were drawn to the comm, which crackled occasionally with the distant voices of the others on the second ship. He suddenly felt self-conscious at the idea of them potentially having overheard Wyn's tirade, particularly the young woman, who had yet to respond to his allegations of assault.

Then again, maybe she didn't care. And really, who could blame her? To her, he was probably nothing more than a self-righteous holofilm star more obsessed with his own fame and fortune than anything else. That's apparently how Wyn sees it...

"Godsdammit," he cursed again and reached forward to silence the comm, but before he could commit, he hesitated.

--

Bre winced. Poor Praxon was getting the rough end of the stick over on his ship. Bre could hear the various voices. And the other feedback she was getting was swirling about pretty thick as well. This was getting very confusing. So, if Bre had it right, the person with Praxon was called Wyn, and she was a part of the resistance. Furthermore, Praxon seemed to be a bit of a fleka, not at all like the smuggler that he was often compared to. But what the hey, he WAS an actor. And he obviously didnt know what was
    going on either. So there really was no surprise at his response. Except the silly bit about trying to make charges. He obviously didnt see what was going on yet. The other people were more or less other resistance folks as well, but obviously one group did not know what was going on.

Bre didnt turn her head, when Elias started to speak, so she had no idea which person he was addressing. Not that it really mattered. She just made sure Fox didnt try anything else towards her. as she leaned back, checking on Fred who stayed close by her side.

“You started a frenzy on a heavily populated landing dock. I regret causing the death of one of your men, but I merely reacted to save Praxon, however misguided my actions turned out to be.” Elias continued, “I think some introductions might make this business run a little smoother. Elias Noble.”

Bre simply have a nod of her head. She looked towards the group. "Im Bre." Bre then turned towards the comlink panel. ["And believe it or not Praxton, Im kinda like you. Had no clue what was going on. Just saw stuff happening, and stepped up." Bre made a face. "But you better get a a new script. Because I dont think those First Order folks are going to be big on believing you, especially if they think you were in on it to begin with. You want to try to press charges? We will probably be reading about your arrest or your obit within a few hours, if you're lucky."] Bre gave a sigh, and then turned and looked at the old man. "You never did say WHY you guys were staging this? Or do I need to turn on the holovoid news, and find out whats going on?"

Bre sighed softly, as she looked over towards Elias. She really did need to get herself together before she talked with him.

--

Praxon sighed and lowered his hand back to his side, resigning himself to his fate with this misfit group. While Wyn had certainly done her part in planting the seeds of change, the young woman – Bre – had come forward to offer some much needed clarity. What had he been thinking to assume that the First Order would simply turn a blind eye to this blunder and that he could just carry on as if nothing had ever happened? Bre had been correct in that he wouldn't be long for this galaxy if they apprehended him. The First Order was a cruel bunch and they would not be interested in hearing his plea, no matter how convincing the story. It was a scenario he did not want to dwell on, that was for sure.

Noticing that the conversation had once again turned the spotlight on the Resistance players, he felt some of the tension dissipate and he was able to relax. Perhaps it was time to rejoin the conversation.

"I'd rather not see that play out again in all its glory," he muttered with regret as he envisioned the scene replaying over and over again on all of the media outlets. It made him feel even more like a fool for the way he had behaved throughout the whole ordeal. "I know I haven't been the most cooperative, but if you could enlighten us, I'm sure it will help bring some closure. I'll be satisfied with that for the time being."

Clearing his throat, he idly traced his finger over a scratch on the dash as he pondered his next words. "And Bre?" A long pause followed. "Thank you."

--

Major Ematt spoke up, coming to. 'The Resistance needs Han Solo for a mission. As he is not available, it was reasoned that we could make use of a double to impersonate him for a mission. A message was sent to Wyn, but clearly not received. The team was to pick him up peaceably, and then rendezvous in the Yavin system with General Organa, who would take on the briefing.'

He took a breath, shaken. 'Instead I have one member of the team standing, and an obvious conflict, borne from misunderstanding.'

'My name is Major Ematt, and I fought in the Rebellion, and I was the old blind man that was knocked out cold early in the fight... I presume the First Order interfered.'

Ematt stood with the assistance of Strang. 'I won't hold it against either of you as you were in essence doing the right thing - defending someone from an abduction.' Ematt grimaced. 'We need more people like you, like each of you, to help us in the fight against the First Order.'

'Jedi, actor, anyone, we need you all.' Ematt drew himself up, pale still but not quite as white as his beard. 'The destruction of Hosnian Prime and the death of millions must be responded to, and together we can bring an end to this war before it really begins.'

That was a recruitment speech, if Strang had ever heard one. Praxon seemed suitably chastised by Bre, but a Jedi, that was the clincher. His team wasn't going to be in a fit state to assist on the Snoke mission, and these three together seemed fairly capable enough to fill the gap. He could only hope the three of them would come together.
    --

Too bad Praxon could not see the small smile that Bre was giving him. Getting caught up in the middle of something you had no clue in, was never much fun. It was an idea that had gone horribly wrong. Bre sighed, shaking her head as the old man, Major Ematt, stood up and began his speech, as if he was running for office. Bre bit her tongue, saying silent. She had been gone from the affairs of the galaxy for what felt like forever. She shook her head when Fred whistled at Ematt's mentioned of the First Order. Bre made a gesture, and Fred quieted down once more. Bre made a face. When he spoke of the destruction of Hossnian Prime, her face grew thoughtful. She was wondering about Han Solo, and what plan was so desperate enough to make them try and grab Praxton. A stand in for Han Solo. Bre looked over at Elias once more. They were on his ship. It was his call. But once they got to Yavin, she would need to come to a decision.

Bre leaned back in her seat, as she turned to look at Major Ematt. Yavin? General Organa? Oh, Vardin's riff, this mess was heavy Resistance stuff. She didnt know what to think. It had been so very long, since she felt like she had done anything worthwhile. Oh sure, she passed along info when she could, but whatever this guy was hinting at, sounded important. Bre rubbed her eyes. "It is a bit much to take in, Major, you understand." Bre answered gently. "Do you mind, giving us the time till we get to Yavin before we answer that?" she asked. She shrugged her shoulders. "It's not like I exactally have a love affair of the First Order either. And I've tried to help before. But from all the risk your group just did, this sounds like a pretty high risk thing your asking. But I'm also pretty sure the Order is going to be gunning for us to, because of this 'little play' of yours, so you've already put us as risk." So, an hour or so, shouldnt be too much to ask."

Bree leaned back, waiting for a response. She was pretty sure she had already made up her mind, but she wasnt going to simply jump right in. Besides, there was something else she wanted to do first...

--

This was far from an ideal situation.

Leaning slowly back against the seat, Praxon stared distantly out at the blue tunnel of hyperspace as he scratched idly at his jaw. He needed time to digest everything the Major had revealed, and while his silence could be interpreted as compliance with Bre's suggestion, he was still uncertain whether that would even be enough. An hour was such a short amount of time to decide one's fate, particularly in this stage of his life.

And yet, was it really any different than what he was doing now? They were asking him to impersonate someone, not become a soldier...at least, that was his understanding of things. He had been doing that professionally for decades with the accolades to prove it. It should have been a cinch, except...this wasn't the same as walking out onto a stage and performing for a handful of crewmen with a director present to offer guidance. This would be unfolding in real time in front of real people. One blunder could cost him his life. It would be the ultimate test of his talents and that was where his apprehension stemmed from.

"Dammit," was all he could muster as he shifted uneasily. At the risk of alienating Wyn further, he simply couldn't bail on this. They were going to Yavin to decide, whether he liked it or not.

---
    Aboard the Naritus, Yavin orbit

Lysa Dunter could only watch the holoprojector in the hanger as Rhoen deftly swerved around the TIE, a dovetail of move and countermove with the lives of the Resistance at stake. The techs were strictly speaking supposed to be lifting the X-wings up to attach to a rack above the hangar, but they were all as transfixed as Lysa and the rest of Corona Squadron, and indeed the entire crew of the Naritus.

A lot was riding on this.

Corona Lead was a good pilot, he really was, but Lysa could already tell that the TIE was better. Not by an infinite amount, but it was noticeable. Lysa pursed her lips in determination, squeezed her fist.

Rhoen would simply have to get better.

And then, it was over, and the TIE was a small star for the briefest of moments. Rhoen got him. Lysa grinned, and another pilot whooped as others cheered and applauded. Another win for the Resistance and a much needed break for Rhoen, she hoped.

As the brevet Captain settled down his fighter the crew cheered him, but not for long; the sooner they got Corona Squadron into the racks above the hangar the better - a special forces squad was due back from the Core, and General Organa had been clear that only a few fighters could afford to be on the hangar ground in the short term; the hangar was about to get busy.

Not that it wasn't already, what with a rather memorable looking YT-1300 Corellian freighter already occupying a chunk of the hangar floor. Whispers about the Millennium Falcon abounded, though it had not been positively confirmed and Han Solo was missing from it - even though much of the Resistance knew about his demise, the destruction of Hosnian Prime had eclipsed that information by several magnitudes and as such most of the larger Galaxy didn't.

Lysa's fighter was still on the hangar floor - a consequence of her having landed first so she could speak to Lead when he was out of his fighter - which meant her fighter would likely stay down on the floor now - but now Rhoen was about to speak to her she felt s flutter of what could only be butterflies. Damn, she thought. Not now, sister.

On landing, crewmembers sought to congratulate Rhoen but he made a beeline for her and the trepidation redoubled. Had she been in her fighter she would have been bouncing her knee in nervousness. Double damnnit. He even ran his hand through his hair, and though sweat drenched, Lysa thought it looked good.

'Certainly, Lead. Um,' she cast her glance around and saw a room off the edge of the hangar. 'This way, sir.'

When she wandered in she realised it was an officers changing room, complete with sanisteam in the corner, and she blushed slightly before she composed herself and turned back. 'How can I help, Lead?'

Keep your cool, sister.

---

Ematt didn't have a response from the Jedi Elias by the time they arrived at Yavin, and attention had to be paid to the flight. It was a moment and then they were in the system, a single Mon Calamari MC90 series star cruiser flanked by a pair of frigates; a task force.

Strang, real name Farel Strang, thus the codename, settled Ematt in a chair in the cockpit, as a voice crackled across the channel. A female voice. 'This is the Naritus. This seems like you, Ematt, with a lot of people I don't recognise, and not quite the two ships I expected to see you in.'

Wyn, eyes slightly red with what may have been crying, but it was definitely the angry kind, not the saddened one, left her room to sit down beside Praxon, flipping switches. She wouldn't speak to him. 'This is Wyn; the second ship is one we commandeered, for now.'

'Alright,' said the woman. 'Come to the main hangar, it's time to talk.'

By the time they arrived, the hangar was cleared of techs, pilots and officers. A pair of X-wings were towards the rear of the hangar, flanking a YT-1300 to the very back; the Millennium Falcon. The other dozen or so were attached to the racks above, gangways allowing pilots to access fighters. A single small, figure stood in the centre of the hangar, an orange and white spherical droid beside her.

It was General Leia Organa Solo and BB-8.

They were waiting for them all, all five of them - Elias, Bre, Ematt, Strang, Wyn and Praxon.

Just her and the droid.

Well, if Rhoen and Lysa came out of the changing room, of course, they would be joining the meeting as well. Depending on how that little aside went.

Ematt pulled a face, looking through the cockpit. 'She does not look happy. It is getting harder.'

Strang spoke up, conscious that he had two unconscious men to deal with, on either ship, and a body. 'What is?'

'The weight of the Galaxy.'

TAG: HanSolo29, Ktala, NickLitYouAFlame, galactic-vagabond422
    ---
    Chapter Seven

Days ago

'All rise!'

Queen Mother Tenel Ka privately grimaced as she had to be announced to a secret meeting of her military advisors. The Prince, Isolder, her father, was here, as well as many of the more militant heads of the families, Ducha's AlGray and Galney first among them. To make matters all the more serious, Ta'a Chume, the scheming former Queen of the Hapan Consortium, was present. She of course did not rise, and nor did Isolder, being as he was already standing. A warm smile touched upon his lips, and Tenel Ka returned it just before she turned to take her throne.

'You may sit,' she intoned, a slight nod of approval from her grandmother. Tenel Ka resisted the urge to roll her eyes, instead maintaining a rigid stoicism. Once everyone was settled, Tenel Ka turned her head to her father. 'We would hear upon the Royal Navy with an update.'

Isolder bowed, having not sat, either. 'The warships of the First Order remain in the positions they have since the destruction of Starkiller base. A single Destroyer upon each of the hyperlanes out of the cluster, totalling six. They are not directly present either, simply aside from the traffic into and out of the system, with patrols of TIE fighters crossing into and out of hyperspace. No direct or indeed indirect harassment is occurring - they are simply there.'

Ducha Galney spoke up. 'Is it confirmed that each of these are the new class? Resurgent-class, was it? Those three kilometre long monstrosities?'

'It appears to be a purely First Order deployment, you are correct,' responded the Prince.

Ta'a Chume spat a response. 'I do not see the need to distinguish between the Remnant and First Order any longer, what with the reports we received before this infernal HoloNet blackout about the expansion of Remnant territory. They are clearly one and the same now.'

'We would not consider it wise to give up Pellaeon and the other Imperials who honoured the Galactic Concordance so quickly. Many of them came to our aid in the Yuuzhan Vong War after all.' Tenel Ka said tightly, careful not to betray the secret knowledge she possessed.

A Ducha stood up in support of Tenel Ka's grandmother, as always. 'Only after they were attacked by the invaders, Queen Mother.'

Ducha Galney snapped a response at the fool before Tenel Ka was required to have them evicted for their disrespectful tone. 'Because they had passed to the Alliance secret knowledge of the Deep Core hyperlanes, and for the Battle of Ithor, which was barely in response to the Battle of Shramar - Pellaeon dedicated himself to the Garqi feint before he even knew of that.'

Tenel Ka raised a hand, ever pleased to be defended so heartily by Ducha Galney. 'Precisely so. The situation pervades, however, that we are isolated, in more than ways than one.'

Gray scowled, beetling her brow. 'But who we do we have the ally with? With no communications outside the Consortium, no New Republic to coordinate with, and no coup throwing down Snoke, we are bereft of options save but to stay within our borders and maintain our posture.'

The Queen Mother, watching Tenel Ka with knowing eyes, spoke softly. 'And if we have more knowledge, and more allies, do we propose to strike at the First Order?'

'For impinging upon our independence, even in the slightest, we must respond,' responded the Prince, with more force than he might have with a simple Ducha.

'To what extent? To the extent that we dispatch our men and women to Coruscant all over again? Sacrifice the life blood of our people to watch the galaxy fall apart again?' Ta'a Chume shrugged on her lounger. 'We have been involved in two wars since Palpatine fell. Why should we join a third?'

Tenel Ka could only be annoyed, aware that her grandmother had manipulated the meeting thus far, as she always did. 'We would consider the facts of the matter. Had we intervened earlier in the war against the Empire, or the Yuuzhan Vong, perhaps our tragedies in those respective conflicts would have been avoided. Isolation has not protected us in the past, and I doubt it will in the future, what with the galaxy seemingly having reached a point where all of our wars are indeed all or nothing affairs. We can only blame Palpatine for that, for his invasion of our territories, which only occurred because of our isolation. We cannot expect an enemy of the galaxy to leave us alone any longer, despite our fondest wishes.'

Ta'a Chume nodded, clearly seeing the durasteel in her voice as a sign. 'I was only pointing this out so the naysayers can understand exactly what you propose.'

What she proposed, Tenel Ka noted, heaping all the blame upon her if any campaign went awry. Manipulative, as ever. She didn't dispute he need for it, however, which was especially galling. But the point was made, as was her fathers. They could not act alone, and to do so was to invite disaster.

What Tenel Ka needed was a sign.

A light in the seeming dark.

What she needed more than anything was Jacen.

---
    IC: Darth Librium
    Lothal Jedi Temple

'A lightsaber?' The Holocron almost scoffed. 'What is a Jedi without his lightsaber?'

Kanan replied. 'A Jedi is not his weapon. Without a lightsaber a Jedi you remain.'

Librium leaned backwards, snorting. 'You are still here? What a bore?' He gestured all but nonchalantly, a grin to his face. 'Go away.' Impossibly, Kanan vanished, as if a simple Holocron could do that. He turned back to K'Kruhk, and snapped his fingers. With a pop of displaced air, a lightsaber appeared in his free hand. 'Aing-Ti trick. It was in another hole in the Temple under a Sith cloaking spell. I love those things.'

It was fairly well timed to the sound of ships, and definitely landers, and shuttles, screaming TIEs in the air. 'What next, Jedi Master? I do not have a ship, unless you do, unless you want one of theirs.'

A darker presence pushed at them. 'Brandl's manchild is coming... And he really believes in the First Order, since the Remnant was still subject to the Galactic Concordance in spite of the Yuuzhan Vong War...' And shrug from Librium. 'Makes you think if your generation of Jedi should have stepped up when I went off into exile, doesn't it? Stopped the New Republic Senate from pushing things like they did, in an Empire within Pellaeon to explain to them that reparations were nearly up?' Another smile, the little simulacrum locking eyes with the Whiphid. 'Sorry, I mean, my 'do-gooder self'. Though I suppose,' a thoughtful tone attached itself to Librium's voice. 'Luke Skywalker isn't doing all too good at this moment, is he?'

A layer of malice upon his tone punctuated the sound of plasteel boots echoing around the Temple.

Lots of them.

TAG: BobaMatt
    ---
    IC: Horn
    Battle of Eshan

Corran watched his bolt get caught by the pike and reflected into the wall, and he sprung after Vincent. Corran saw it all in slow-motion, as he passed Vincent and rushed for the Knight who was unoccupied and turning for Vincent - the man was dipping under the pike and placed his fist on the Knights midsection, and a boom sent the man flying, hard, and fast, away from them both. He crashed into one of the corners to the room, and his helmet rolled off. Corran knitted his brow as he did not recognise the Knight, and he would've expected to.

Then Corran was in the middle of his opponent, his lightsaber igniting and then bouncing off the pike his opponent drew up to block the blow, and the man stepped forward into his motion, kicking Corran in the stomach with a stomp-kick. The Jedi Master knew that was a fairly basic move, stepping into a block, based upon the knowledge that the pike was laced with something like phrik, and Corran should have, had he not been focused on Vincent's surprise, upon the falling Knight, he would have seen it through.

Corran was self-analysing as he tumbled back, knowing that the real reason was because of his combat fade, that he had let his exile seep into his bones and his skills had atrophied... He had let himself go, and the length of time in which he had been away from the Order was far longer than he had when Ithor was destroyed.

He had let himself go.

In that moment, his opponent wagged his hand, hard, sending his tumble towards Vincent, and the first opposition - the one who had just finished righting his pike from his blaster block - simply dashed through the gap towards the meeting room where Treen and Callista were - while the Knight who Vincent had blindsided was already trying to get back to his feet.

Corran knew that Vincent had to take point in this fight, or the consequences would be bad - but also knew that they needed to finish up here before that Knight reached Treen and Callista.

---

Senator Treen saw the shimmer of a shield phase into existence around the aide, Callista, red eyes glowing, and Treen could only guess that she was not entirely human, which was a surprise, as Treen had not seen one quite so realistic in many, many years. 'Oh,' was all she could say.

Their assailant saw it, too, as he stepped around the doorway. And Treen was sure she saw him grit his teeth before the table flipped up at him. The table pivoted up, and, impossibly, smashed the man against the wall and through it. He should have been crushed flat, a past of blood and bone, but in his moment of attention upon Callista he had drawn the Force around him as a shield so as to survive. It didn't stop him crashing against the wall of the next corridor and grimacing, blood dribbling out of his mouth. He had bit his tongue, but there were all manner of other secondary wounds and so forth to content with; a broken rib, maybe two, a dislocated arm, definite bruising to be expected in his back if not some spinal damage, and of course the ringing his head. With a hiss, the man, flicked a wrist and dropped his second lightsaber down into his hand.

This was when the third Knight, advancing at speed, rushed through the door and full pelt towards Callista, his Force pike - phrik at that - looking to drive through her at speed, the Force behind the thrust and reinforcing the weapon.

Debating, the first assailant, cloaked and battered, merged into a wall and made for his starfighter. He had done his bit, and the Dark Lord would appreciate the extra damage he had taken on their behalf, completing this errand. Almost everything the Resistance, New Republic and Jedi Order needed was in this very system, and this very battle.

It was simply a shame that it had to be done at all.

But they were not ready, and the First Order was...

And so were they.

Who the assailant represented simply weren't ready.

Yet.

TAG: Kahn_Iceay

---
    Kyle Katarn
    Moldy Crow

Kyle felt Kodo through the Force, and it was as if Kyle was a gloved hand upon the younger mans and vice-versa, and Kyle's eyes matched Kodo's. The meld gave them the skill to double tap a TIE, whose shields gave out and then exploded in an instant.

Absently, splitting his focus once more, and also wordless transferring what other controls he had to Jan apart from weapons - who also wordlessly accepted them and didn't enquire aloud as to what else Kyle was doing apart from shooting so as to not sell the ruse and suggest Kyle was doing anything but piloting - Kyle became to calmly and subtly sieve through the young mans mind.There was a lot of trauma in Kodo's mind, and a psychic buffer between whatever had happened and the man, and Kyle knew he could not touch upon that without alerting the Jedi.

Because Kodo was still a Jedi, just a fairly desperate one who had been alone for far too long. Kyle could save him, and he would. In those moments, both of them, via the meld, nailed another three fighters as Jaden, Valin and Rosh slashed across the bridge of the Destroyer, drawing fire and peppering if with blaster fire if only to distract the officers behind the transparisteel. But Kodo and Kyle had successfully fended off several TIEs and without their combined efforts would not have gotten the group through.

Positivity swept through the meld, as they knew they were about to break free. And then, they were, all four ships jumping into hyperspace, and the meld relaxed away, exultation among them. Aloud, Kyle spoke up. 'Well done everyone, excellent coordination all round.'

Unclipping, Kyle came to Kodo, a smile to his face. 'Good work, Kodo. Let's get the rest of those wounds sorted. We had to be a bit slapdash in the heat of the moment after all.'

Kyle supported Kodo as they made their way to the medical bay, which was in essence a dedicated bunk. 'How are you doing? Anything we need to talk about? I appreciate you've been down on Dagobah for a while, in all likelihood.'

There is absolutely nothing we need to talk about, little Kodo. Nothing whatsoever.

'Have you heard about what happened at Hosnian Prime? The capital?'

Play your little games with him, my Kodo, but do not tell him about me. There was a tonal shift. Get him to tell you where we are going. I must know.

The voice sounded fainter than normal, and weaker. It was almost as if the meld had already done some good. This was how Saba Sebatyne had helped the Jedi from the Myrkr mission recover, with the joint presence of so many Jedi, reinforcing the weak and giving into positivity, shuffling way negative feelings and emphasising the individual strengths of the group. Kyle was more aware of the combat elements of the meld, but Saba had shown him how to be more subtle with the meld and use it as a more spiritually useful tool.

As such the compulsion behind the Holocron's command was dipping already; assuming Kodo wasn't too far gone.

---
    IC: Boba Fett
    Yaga Minor

'The kid has skills. Demolitions man, clearly.' Fett was sat in the co-pilot seat, but he had no intention of co-piloting. His best friend and beloved ship - his home - were in the hands of another, and Fett wanted to leave the focus of flying to Atropos. Especially as Fett had a particular flying style; if he was picked up to be flying the Vornskyr, then this wouldn't go well.

The 'Sarreti' overlay added a touch that it might not be Fett onboard the Slave I, and the Mand'alor appreciated that little touch. Very smart. Both of them were very smart, playing on a higher level with Fett. Goran was intelligent, but he didn't have the wheels within wheels logic and was fairly straightforward, for some novelty. Unfortunately, the captains of the Peerless and Defiant may very well have switched their orders from kill to disable, and ordered officers to prepare tractor beams, but Flennic had been a Moff, and hero of the Empire at that. Even Sarreti's voice was only so much in the cacophony of voices competing for authority.

The Slave I drifted across the Megador's hull and began its run, a squadron of fighters on its tail, but one, the leader. was a TIE Defender, and while the others had to be circumspect in their fire to disable, the Defender could lay down a wave of ion cannon fire without issue. The Super Star Destroyer was almost free of its mooring as the first charge went off, crumbling a whole chunk of the hull along the front of the nose of the twelve kilometre long monolith. From that point the commander opened fire on the moorings, the yard, everything around it in the vicinity of Slave I, simply looking to flood the front of the ship with flaming hot debris.

Goran simply opened fire with every weapon he had to hand, looking to blow through obstructions that Susular could not avoid. Oh, and he screamed, cursing Manda, missing Medrit, resisting the urge to squeeze shut his eyes. And then, to make matters worse, the Megador got her shields up in time for the engine charges to go off; the shields absorbed the damage without flinching. The mines cut through everything else as if it was paper, killing hundreds of Imperials and civilian workers alike. The firestorm surrounding the ship was contained within the shields and also trapped without, but the hull was up to it, and all that the other commanders could do was watch as their squadron was incinerated, save the shielded TIE Defender, which had survived, burnt, but alive - a fair description of the state of the Slave I as they veered towards the corvette and then past the horrendous field of damage as it blew through the corvettes shields. The Defender pilot was really really good, unpiling ion bolts as quick as the cannon could pull it off.

Fett knew that enough was enough. 'They're not going to make it without shields.'

As he said that, an ion bolt hit the Slave I, but the hardened electronics took it, for the most part, though Goran could only gasp as electricity wove across the console and weapons went dead - but engines were still working, and life support, so surely it was fine, he thought, or, rather, prayed, and, again swore and cursed. The corvette may have been blocking the fire of the Megador now, but the other two Star Destroyers were marshalling their tractor beams.

'Atropos, I hope you have another overlay for you ID because a Moff isn't going to cut it.'

Fett pulled a face, damn. He reached for the console, and, without Atropos' permission, seized control with the slicer key on his belt and jammed the TIE Defenders signal. With a fiddle of the console, he performed the equivalent of a ventriloquist throwing their voice, and made relays in the area think he was transmitting from the TIE Defender.

'This is Boba Fett, Mandalore of the Houses and Clans. The Slave I has been stolen as part of a sting to frame Manda'lor for the death of Moff Flennic and General Berrida, and I am in pursuit in the TIE Defender; ignore whatever I told you a moment ago as pilot. The next person who fires at Slave I will be personally hunted by me.'

'Moff Sarreti, you will go to the top of my list if you do not put some of the Imperial
    blue blood on the line, and next will be every member of the Moff Council until I run out of Moffs and then I will move onto the Admiralty.' A hesitancy ran through the fire of much of the surrounding Imperials, and it began to taper off. Even the Moffs with their competing orders went silent. In every moment the TIE Defender kept up the ion fire, and Fett had to rely upon Susular to save his ship. It was all the TIE pilot could do; participate in the charade and hope he crippled Slave I before it escaped and then he could reveal it all.

One of the captains spoke up. 'Moff Sarreti, orders?'

Fett pointedly looked at Atropos.

TAG: Tim Battershell, @Mitth-Fisto
    ---
    En route to Yavin, about to cross the Hydian via the Braxant Run[/b]

Friends? Crusher switched his lightsaber off, looking down at offending hand with an expression of such frustration that would have been apparent even through armour. Eventually he shook the hand. After all, he had to survive this escapade to Yavin and he had taken advantage to divert them the long way to Yavin. Afterwards he needed to continue his mission, and N'Dul could take the fall for power plays. Crusher had little doubt that the man would be disliked by the crew, though fear would deal with most of them. Regardless, Crusher could use that if needed.

There was a pulse from the Droma Holocron, which caught Crusher's senses too but also didn't - it had a familiar echo but it passed, and Crusher needed to focus. It was, however, a bleet for attention from Qel-Droma.

'We shall be arriving shortly. I need to return to the bridge, and liaise with Stele.' Crusher paused. 'But you are correct, in that I moved against you, and for my own ends. Let us focus on the Resistance for now, and we can ascertain where we stand after we have ended the war.' It was easier for Crusher to get into the head of a darksider than he would like but it did make sense.

'Until next time, N'Dul. We arrive in the Yavin system in less than half an hour.'

Uncaring if the Prefect remained in his room or not - he had no valuables, as a Knight - he swept out of the room. And hopefully the Resistance will have moved on before we arrive.

TAG: Darth Dreadwar

HanSolo29 and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  25. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    Officer's changing room, Naritus, Yavin orbit

As Lysa led the young captain to a secluded room to the side of the hangar he felt a lightness in his chest. Was he still coming down from the adrenaline rush of combat or was it from being around her? He hoped it was the former, because if it wasn't that would add another problem onto an already long list of them. He was her commanding officer, if he had…feelings for her they could cloud his judgments. However he couldn't help what his heart felt.

He shook his head, he was getting ahead of himself over analyzing the situation. He'd just met this person, it was far too early to know for sure how he actually felt. They entered the officer's changing room and the nervousness in Rhoen shot up, along with his heart, his palms inside his gloves began to sweat. More beads of sweat formed on his temples. This wasn't going the way he expected, and maybe he was ok with that.

After taking a moment to center herself apparently Lysa tuned around, Rhoen could swear that her cheeks were ever so slightly red. "How can I help, Lead?"

He swallowed hard, trying to get his heart back in its proper place, and the butterflies in his stomach to fly in formation. After taking a deep breath he opened his mouth. "Lysa…" He stopped again, clasping his hands behind him, mostly to prevent the other pilot from seeing them shake. "I never asked for this command, it was handed to me by General Antilles himself. I have no idea what I'm doing, I have never trained for this and I'm doing the best I can but…" He paused to fight back the lump in his throat, "This fight is personal. My mother was killed at Hosian," she might have already put that together after his rage filled outburst but, it bears repeating. "And I carry anger and hate inside me for the men that killed her. I can already feel it warping me." Pain and sorrow entered his voice, "in that fight with the TIE, I didn't think of the pilot as a person but, as an animal, something to be slaughtered without mercy. I fear that if presented the opportunity, I will accept no surrender from the enemy."

Part of him imagined the scene, a TIE pilot powering down his weapons and engines, throwing himself upon the captain's mercy, a mercy he would not give. A mercy he believed they were not deserving of. "I know it is wrong and that it won't bring my mother back but…but, part of me doesn't care. The darkness inside me just wants to rend," his hands unbound themselves from behind his back and made a gesture of tearing something apart, "each and every First Order pilot into pieces. It wants bloody vengeance, and I don't think I can control it. Not in combat, not when my mind is flooded with adrenaline and rage." His hands balled themselves into fists at his side. "I know that I will go too far, and after it is done, I will no longer be a pilot following orders, I will be a renegade on a personal mission of revenge." His breathing became heavy with the weight of his words increasing, "This drive, this want for retribution will consume me and, I will either die or become an unrecognizable monster." Tears appeared on the edges of his eyes, "I know my mother wouldn't want that, she wouldn't want me to throw my life away for her sake."

His hands reached out to grasp Lysa's but, what little control he had left restrained them. "Lysa…I need you to keep me from going too far, to tell me when I'm letting the loss of my mother overshadow our mission. I will not order you to do this, I will not command you to be my conscience but, you were right, right to question our mission, our orders. Do we really need the blood of Snoke and Ren on our hands? Will it even accomplish anything in the end? These are good questions, and it is good that you ask them. It shows that you are not as compromised as I am. While I would like nothing more than to hand command over to you I cannot in good conscience do so. This was given to me and I need to see it through but, I need someone like you, someone who can look at this whole conflict clearly, to balance me, to pull me back from the brink. I don't want to add my own name and possibly all those of Corona Squadron to the casualty list for the sake of my own grief." The tears that were threatening to fall finally did, it was a horrible, unseemly display but, he couldn't stop his body from responding to the storm of emotions inside him. "Please Lysa, please help me, I cannot bear this weight alone." He took a step back breathing heavily, it was his second emotional outburst in as many hours, it was becoming too much.

Sinrebirth and HanSolo29 like this.