main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars and Film Music Interview Thread!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Tari Narvina, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Announcement time!

Our initial host, @Tari Narvina, has chosen to step down from the host position of this thread. In her place will now be @Dandelo, so to Tari, thank you for your time hosting and getting the ball rolling! And to Dandelo, thank you for offering to take the reins, and have fun hosting!

Adalia-Durron and Dandelo like this.
  2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Thank you for the oppurtunity @Seagoat. :D

If anybody is still interested in being interviewed, please don't hesitate to post in this thread or drop me a Private Message!

I will add this also to my sig.

3. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Former Music forum managers might be a cool interview...

Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
    Dandelo likes this.
  4. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    Thanks Strilo :D I will add you to the list.

5. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    And with that our first Interview comes from an oldbie and a good friend of mine @jedijoker

1. What got you into Star Wars?
    watching ESB in school

2. Who is your favourite Star Wars character?
    Han

3. What Star Wars theme is your favourite?
    The Imperial March

4. If John Williams didn't score Star Wars, who would have wanted to score them?

No one lol

5. What is your favourite song?
    current fav song

6. What is your favourite movie score that isn't Star Wars?
    Jurassic Park

7. What kind of music do you listen to?
    kpop

8. Favourite instrument?

Tiffany I mean timpani :p trombone maybe flute... I really don't have a favourite

to the point as ever JJ :p

Everyone please send your questions in to Jedijoker within one week. Deadline: 13th October 20:35 EST

s_heffley likes this.
  6. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I meant @General Kenobi ... :p:obiwan:

Dandelo likes this.
  7. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    more the merrier :D

8. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    ok Next up on our list we have

@s_heffley

thanks for being interviewed Heff :D

What is your favourite Star Wars movie and why?

If you had to choose a lightsaber colour, which one would it be?

Can you remember your first Star Wars memory?

What is your favourite SW musical piece?

What SW Film do you think has the best soundtrack?

What music do you like to listen to?

What is your favourite song?

if you could meet any musician alive or dead who would it be?

s_heffley likes this.
  9. s_heffley

s_heffley Chosen One star 7

Jun 7, 2015
    Hi :D
    OH NO ummm... I literally can't choose just one. I can however choose a favorite from each trilogy, and its always the third movie in each :p They all just feel so big, and hit in exactly the ways they need to. For the sequels it's more of a toss up between TFA and TROS but I had to go with TROS to continue the trend :p
    Green, it's something less common, but not too unique. If it was too unique I'd stand out from the crowd and that's a lot of pressure. I don't like pressure.
    Nope! Been a fan of Star Wars, as Anakin would say, all my life, so my first memory is lost to time. Some early memories, however:

1. I grew up watching the saga on VHS tapes, so when I saw the special editions (which I didn't know existed) shown on TV my little brain was like, huh? :eek:
    2. The time I was watching Attack of the Clones with my family but I was too excited to play with the Mario Kart toy I got from McDonalds, so I went to the other room to play with it, ended up falling asleep somehow, and missed the entire movie. (Plot Twist: That was last year /j)
    Gonna say Battle of the Heroes. Everyone says Duel of the Fates, but Battle of the Heroes is just Duel of the Fates on steroids. That being said, I do love Duel of the Fates. And Throne Room. And The Force Theme, which is probably a close second for my favorite. Imperial March is iconic but you hear is so much it loses something :p

Ah who am I kidding, it's Jedi Rocks.
    Toss up between ROTS and ANH.
    I try to get around to a bit of everything, but what I end up listening to the most is like, rock and stuff. Well, that's half of it. The other half of music I listen to comes from one singular band, a cover band called First to Eleven that is my absolute favorite band. I never thought I'd like a cover band as much as this, covers to me had always been enjoyable but they were always something less than the original. First to Eleven absolutely shattered that when I found them. They made covers that I absolutely LOVED, more than I ever loved the original songs. It's not even just that, I also love them as people too, and it helps that they are around my age too (well, most of them are :p), so I can like really relate to them and feel connected with their music.

I never quite understood the obsession I saw other people had with bands. Not until I found F211, then I understood :p

Okay, NOW you are asking me the impossible. I used to default to God Only Knows by The Beach Boys, but now I'd probably rank Cabinessence over it for my favorite Beach Boys song, and even that's not my favorite song of all time :p So I'm sorry, I just can't choose [face_laugh]
    Well, there's a very high chance I will get to meet the members of F211 some day anyway, so I won't choose them, even though I do really want to meet them :p Maybe Brian Wilson, but after all he's been through I hear he's kinda hard to talk to. So uh... you know what, lets just go with the F211 dudes [face_rofl] I honestly don't know how I'd even talk with anyone else, but the members of F211 I feel like I "know" well enough to talk to them as friends almost, if that makes sense :p

darkspine10, Sarge and Dandelo like this.
  10. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    Thank you Heff. :D great answers!

if anyone would like to ask Heff a question you may now start to ask.

:D

What song would you want First To Eleven to cover?

What song of theirs is currently your favourite? either a cover or original?

Sinrebirth and s_heffley like this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Least favorite song ever?

Dandelo and s_heffley like this.
  12. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    I want First to Eleven to cover every song in existence as I know they would make them all better :p

But

they realistically probably never would (at least as a full studio quality one, I can see them doing it as an acoustic livestream song). But this was the most recent song I listened to that I was really feeling like I wanted them to cover.

why not both?

The favorite cover I already posted, drivers license, I really really love. But honestly they have SO many good ones that it's hard to choose. I think my second most listened to is

I have no idea why I've listened to this one so much though, it's just overall really solid :p

For original, once again, it's a pain to choose, but

lets just settle on that :p

(Concrete Castles is the name they release original music under ;))

There's really not a lot of music I'm not open to. Years ago I probably would've chosen like a rap song or something, but I just tried listening to some and I can't say I hated it. There's some songs I hate for personal reasons that I'd rather not get into here though :p

Dandelo likes this.
  13. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Do you have any film scores you like in the same way as Star Wars?

Do you prefer to listen to instrumental or songs with vocals?

s_heffley and Dandelo like this.
  14. s_heffley

Jun 7, 2015
    Hm maybe not quite on the same level but there’s a lot I do enjoy. Jurassic Park might come the closest, I had the soundtrack for that on CD so it’s kinda nostalgic. I also like the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, I don’t consider myself an absolutely massive LOTR fan or anything but I do enjoy the movies occasionally when I decide to watch them :p

my favorite tracks from it would probably just be the popular ones but they are popular for a reason :p

Vocals definitely. I only really listen to instrumental stuff with the odd movie or video game soundtrack here and there. I also like instrumental jazz music occasionally, but don’t ask me to name any of those songs, I just kinda go with the flow with them :p

darkspine10 likes this.
  15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I'm a huge Tolkien fan and I consider Shore's Middle Earth scores to be the best non-Williams film music out there.

16. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    It's been awhile, but here is the next Interview!

@HanSolo98

first things first!

1. why did you choose your username?

2. when did you first become a fan of Star Wars?

3. what is your favourite Star Wars Movie?

4. Which Star Wars Music theme is your favourite?

5. Outside Star Wars what is your favourite movie?

6. What kind of books do you like to read?

7. What is your favourite Movie Soundtrack?

8. Do you play any musical instruments?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  17. HanSolo98

HanSolo98 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2022
    1. I chose it bc I liked Han Solo the best of all characters and 98 is a cool number.
    2. I first became a fan (rather hooked) by Star Wars when I saw the first 40 minutes of ANH. I just had to watch the rest to see what happened, and then I had to binge as much as I could of the rest of the OT and PT (BTW, this was less than 6 months ago, it happened that fast).
    3. Return of the Jedi, it has the most emotionally mature ending I've ever seen, and it was cool to see Luke use his Jedi powers.
    4. The Imperial March, it is by far the best. It is full of tension and you begin to get nervous whenever you hear it, so it's probably the most successful theme in film music as well.
    5. Ratatouille, I love the storytelling, the music, the concept, the lessons, and the quotes it is chock full of.
    6. Mainly, nonfiction historical books. But I also like reading about filmmaking and storytelling.
    7. Ratatouille is one of the best movie soundtracks that I know of. It really shows the setting and gives the feel of the movie. Michael Giacchino is the best (Sorry John)
    8. I wish I did! I really wish I could play every single instrument, but the top three would be guitar, drums, and trumpet.

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Cool replies. Welcome to the forums! I am a huge fan of Ratatouille as well. The score is really good as well, but not so sure about Giacchino being better than John Williams. I am a big fan of Giacchino all around, though.

HanSolo98 and Dandelo like this.
  19. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    thank you @HanSolo98!

next up we have @Jedi_Goulden_25

1. How did you get interested in Star Wars?
    2. How did you find the forums?
    3. What is your favourite movie score? (non-Star Wars)
    4. What is your favourite Star Wars theme?
    5. If you could visit any place on Earth, where would it be?
    6. Do you have a favourite director?
    7. If you had one wish, what would it be?
    8. Apart from Star Wars what other franchises are you a fan of?

Remember, anyone can ask questions, and the interviewee and even past participants may answer if they wish to.
    As always, if you would like to be interviewed, please drop me a PM.

Jedi_Goulden_25 likes this.
  20. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jedi_Goulden_25 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 3, 2021
    1. I got into all things Star wars after watching Revenge of the sith with my dad one day when I was sick. I loved the plot and the Lightsaber duels were Insane!
    2. I was browsing the web as I had somehow overriden the Security Controlls placed on my phone. I was looking at TotJO (great site) and then this was in my suggested. I clicked on it and I went straight to the Jedi Enclave which is where I would later Join after my time in the Ban Room got served.
    3.Ooh Which one to pick? I think the Best Orchestral peice would be Mansions of the Lord from We Were Soldiers I remember watching it with my Granddad one day and loving the score. 8 years later and I am playing that very song in the Plymouth Concert Band (Perc 1)
    4. My Favourite Star wars theme has Definitely got to be Samuel Kim's Across the stars Epic theme. Its just a plain beautiful relaxing theme. Or possibly Separatist droid march Epic theme.
    Across the Stars (Love Theme) - YouTube
    Separatist Droid Army March - YouTube
    5. Probably the North Island in New Zealand and go up Mt Mangenue again. That was fun! The view of the beach was beautiful!
    6. My favourite Director is probably Dave Filoni
    7. One wish! Could I wish for multiple? :p I would probably Wish for Peace and security instead of all of this Conflict that has been going on around us.
    8. Harry Potter, Salvation (great Netflix series) and of course: The Simpsons!

If anyone wants to ask questions feel free to do so now!

Dandelo and HanSolo98 like this.
  21. Ricetille

Ricetille Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2022
    what is your fav star wars movie and Disney movies?

Dandelo likes this.
  22. HanSolo98

HanSolo98 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2022
    who has the best lightsaber in sw?

Dandelo likes this.
  23. Jedi_Goulden_25

Jedi_Goulden_25 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 3, 2021
    1. Most definitely Revenge of the Sith, Probably Die Hard, hey, its on Disney+
    2. Cal Kestis/ Jaro Tapal or Orgus Din

24. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    1. How did you get interested in Star Wars?
    My Dad showed me the original trilogy when I was around 3 or 4.
    2. How did you find the forums?
    Stumbled across it a few times during my preteen years
    3. What is your favourite movie score? (non-Star Wars)
    Howard Shore's Lord of the Rings trilogy
    4. What is your favourite Star Wars theme
    Luke and Leia's theme from ROTJ
    5. If you could visit any place on Earth, where would it be?
    Japan
    6. Do you have a favourite director?
    George Lucas and J.J. Abrams
    7. If you had one wish, what would it be?
    World peace
    8. Apart from Star Wars what other franchises are you a fan of?
    Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Final Fantasy, Star Trek

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  25. Dandelo

Aug 25, 2014
    Please welcome our next interview! This time it's with one of JC's newest mods @Lady_Belligerent!
    thank you for agreeing to be interviewed :)

1) How did you get interested in Star Wars and which is your favourite SW movie?

2) What SW movie do you think has the best score?

3) Can you play a musical instrument, and if not, If you could play any musical instrument what would it be?

4) What is your favourite book?

5) What is your pet peeve?

6) What three things would you want with you if you were stranded on a desert island?

7) Which famous people, living or dead would you invite to a dinner party?

8) If you were forced to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Remember, anyone can ask questions after the interviewee has answered the first set of questions, and even past participants may answer if they wish to.
    And as always, if you would like to be interviewed, please drop me a PM.