main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I guess the same will be for Microsoft's newest console, which supposedly will be backwards compatible with every Xbox game since the original console

heels1785 likes this.
  2. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    The old storefront died because Microsoft needed it to. The tech powering the old Live service couldn't be migrated or merged into the new service, which has been running since the Xbox 360 launched. It was a complete technical overhaul from what I understand, since that old network was running on old and outdated tech that I don't think allowed the sort of stuff Microsoft is able to do with the new network - which is pretty much a complete integrated network that can have anything added to it and still run under the same account.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    heels1785 likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Found myself playing a few matches last night. Played a single match of GA on Crait which ended in our (Rebels side) favor. I like how all of the heroes now cost only 4000 BP; but it is still frustrating when you finally get that amount and there aren't any left. At least three or four times I got a "LUKE SKYWALKER AVAILABLE" or "LEIA ORGANA AVAILABLE" message just as I was about to respawn - and someone had already taken them; and there were no other options.

I played a couple games of Hero Showdown. I like how they force the winning team to choose new heroes in each round. My team wound up winning; which was surprising since I thought I'd be rusty in the game having not played in at least a month. I also played a HvV match. That was pretty much over before it began because my team wasn't all that good to begin with, and someone had already taken my main (Iden).

WriterMan likes this.
  5. WriterMan

WriterMan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    While I much prefer the older games, I have found myself getting pretty invested in this one, especially now that I have my Rey and Obi-Wan to level 10 and I can actually compete with these guys. Best four dollars I've ever spent on a video game!

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003

6/26 update:
    Droidekas
    General Skywalker skin
    TX-130 battle tanks
    212th Recon/41st Scout skins
    Naboo - Capital Supremacy

edit - also, for anyone interested, blaster heroes will be able to crouch. also, lightsaber visuals are being improved for brightness and shape (probably more in line with eabf1).

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    anyone gotten a chance to play yet? i'm trying to catch a twitch stream to see how the droidekas look.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I wonder if they're as frail and easy targets when in rolling mode as they were in the original PS2/Xbox360 game.

heels1785 likes this.
  9. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    the clone commanders (rail gun) were about the only units that were well-equipped to take out shielded droidekas in that game, iirc. but yeah, when the shield was down, the game was true to the films - jar-jar flailing about could take a few down, or a shot or two did the trick. :p

CC was my favorite of the republic units in the original. the heavy in eabf2 is comparable, but not quite.

Chromide and darkspine10 like this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Those things, if you're good with them, can really turn the tide of a match. Reminds me of Bastion in Overwatch. For awhile I'd been ranking on him because of how ridiculously OP he is; not only does he have a machine gun with a limitless amount of bullets, BUT HE CAN REPAIR HIMSELF. Not as good as a shield, but when you can fall back into a protected corner you're near invulnerable. I main as Mercy/Pharah in the game, but if my team is on the verge of losing a match and there's one last effort to defend the last objective, I'll switch to Bastion and rain hell on them. I've actually won quite a few games that way.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    heels1785 likes this.
  11. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Droidekas seem to already be destroying Capital Supremacy much the same as Anakin did when he was first introduced. I couldn't get a replay of it as I've got the Xbox's DVR disabled, but during the hangar fight I was defending from the back with a sniper when all of a sudden I'm getting hit from BEHIND. I just manage to turn around to see a droideka behind me before I got shot, but as I watched on the kill screen, there was another dropping down from the high middle section. I'm pretty sure there was a third one up there as well.

They are fun to play as, though. I only managed to once in the two matches of Capital Supremacy I played, but I jumped into an arcade match to mess around with them more. A good unit to have.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So I don't know how many in here are in the PS4 JCF Community Group, but I posted a message about a game I played last night. Played about 45 minutes worth of the new Capital Supremacy map on Naboo. Seemed to never end; our team (Clones) won the round on the ground, then lost it up on the ship...starts over on the ground again...we lost the ground this time, but defended the ship.....then we won the ground again, and this time won the ship.....but the game crashed! I got a damn error message. How screwed up is that? Meanwhile I have no idea if all of the XP I earned throughout the game will count. I know I leveled up a few times.

One thing I have gotten the hand of is playing the game in First Person. I didn't really do that in the previous BF game (nor the originals) because I was used to playing all games in Third-person. But I think playing Overwatch so much has helped me get better at it. Plus it seems you have much better aim at FP than TP.

B99 likes this.
  13. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    It's a bug that they are working on - XBox seemed to have more documented problems than PS, but I believe the hotfix for the crashing issue is coming today (if it was not released already, as DICE is on Sweden time). CS can sometimes be an endless endeavour, as well.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok so I'm at least thankful it's got nothing to do with my machine. I did send an error report complete with the last minute or so of my match up through the point when the screen froze and it crashed on the "Victory!" text.

heels1785 likes this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  16. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    How after all this time Boba Fett still sucks and i hear Clone dialogue on every map?? At least Anakin is better. Much more balanced.

17. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    We all rolly bois now.

[​IMG]

18. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    +2 rolly cat

Chewgumma likes this.
  19. Vault

Vault Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2010
    I started playing Battlefront 2 a few months ago. It's been so long since the controversy, yet I'm sure it'll follow it forever. That being said? Surprisingly fun game. So much better than the original Battlefront from 2015. Particularly the gunplay—massively improved.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Battlefront 2 -
    50% getting flash grenaded
    25% getting shot by infinity turrets.
    25% Getting killed by heros.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    That battle of Capital Supremacy on Naboo went real well. It got to the point where you could spawn in a tank and last for just a few seconds as you got blasted from ALL DIRECTIONS. I really want to know what my team were doing for that to have happened.

B99 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  23. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I just went on the game after taking a break for a while, and I have to say the Droidekas are really fun to play as.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I did those 2 v 2 Battle of Heroes mode and in the final match I was Phasma while my "partner" was Jedi Business lightsabering it up against two Jedi and I just did a bomb and a total fluke sniper shot to take out the opposing team. I'm sure the person I was playing with wore them out. I have like 25 kills total maybe in the game. And I beat single player campaign handily too!

Ahsoka's Tano and heels1785 like this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice job, Al. I really enjoyed the campaign.