main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    I'd be all for that, the only problem is that it splits the playerbase into people that do pay for the content and those that don't. Last week I tried jumping back onto BF 2015, and while I still had a good time, I couldn't find any games on my favourite maps Bespin and the Death Star due to them being DLC that no one goes on anymore, whereas I was able to find games on the vanilla maps straight away.

Vialco likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that's the other thing. You can't choose which direct maps to go to in BF2; only the eras and hope that your favorite map will eventually show up if you play long enough. I understand if they did the pay for content bit they'd be going back on their promise, but at this point if you have enough people who were holding out hope for some more of their favorite heroes, why not make some extra cash on the side? I guarantee if they made Ahsoka alone as a paid DLC, they'd be reaping the benefits from it within a month.

Yesterday I watched this video blog of a guy talking about what's expected in the months ahead for BF2; just random events like increased hero numbers, low BP, Double XP, etc. Is that enough to entice people to keep playing the game over the next few years? He didn't seem to think so.

teamhansolo likes this.
  3. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    enticing people to keep playing the game and expanding the playerbase is no longer their focus - that ends when a live-service game is retired into maintenance mode.

they assume that many sw fans will continue to play, and implemented some single-player modes to give the game lasting appeal once the server populations shrink and die off. they're on to the next gen, and whatever comes with it.

if the game lives on, its through mods - currently only available on pc. unfortunately, this game has always been highly vulnerable on pc to hacks, etc. even moreso since the announcement that no more resources will be allotted from ea/dice.

teamhansolo likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The Good news: The Battlefront II petition campaign to continue adding more content has now passed the 100K signature milestone

The Bad news: It appears as though signatures from all of the World Leaders won't make an ounce of difference to EA as they've pretty much made it clear that they're done with BF2.

BigAl6ft6 and teamhansolo like this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I just started playing BF2 again after a couple of years, and after seeing all of the new updates I can confidently say this is the biggest improved game since launch. It's actually so much fun now. I ended up with over 100 eliminations in a supremacy battle!

I'm disappointed they won't invest more to keep updating the game like GTA V does throughout the year. There's so many characters and maps they could add. It seems weird that after finally delivering the game that the fans always wanted, they'd just stop...

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
    heels1785 likes this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    EA gonna be EA.

7. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Yeah, I'm sure they had more in planning, but EA forced them to stop. Bring the team fully together to completely focus on the next generation.

It's a lot of fun to go back to, dive into a few matches of Galactic Assault or go for a larger scale Supremacy game (or Instant Action if you want some quick games), and immerse yourself into the action.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  8. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Does Battlefront 2 still not have any stats or time played record??

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    For PS4, timetracker is a good substitute.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Nope. I heard the PS5 does

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just for the heck of it I started playing BF2 again after about a half a year off it. They must've nerfed Iden since the last time I used her because she's just not as usable overall as before. The shock droid barely works and the 2nd weapon bombs do barely any damage on the enemy heroes.

----------------------------------------

I was watching this reunion video for the original G4 TV cast recently and a recommended video showed an old X-Play from the early 2000s when they reviewed the original BF game. They didn't really appreciate it all that much; mainly because of the network lags on Multiplayer.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  12. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I still play BF2. If you find enough online friends, you can play on those maps together.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I didn't realize until today that I posted this video in the wrong thread (accidently posted in the Squadrons one).

15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah anyone who hasn't played the single player campaign basically the closest exploration of Operation Cinder, other ones are Aftermath novels and Shattered Empire comic. Squadrons is set during Cinder but I don't remember any references to it.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
    heels1785 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I vaguely remember it was the dialogue of the imperial fighters in Squadrons that references Cinder; I think they even mentioned Iden Versio, no less.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    anyone looking for a pc copy of ea bf2 - the game will be free-to-own on the epic games store later this week.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Would I be able to use my PS4 controller if I'm playing the game on PC?

19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Star Wars just released this although I really don’t know why

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    My problem is that I'm not sure if my PC is even compatible with the game; at least the recommended settings. I wonder if I can "purchase" the game when it's available for free; but only download it another time when I get a better computer.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i can't say for sure - but I imagine you can. you'd need to create a free epic games account, and then when you claim your free copy of the game, it would be attached to your account.

23. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    They're entering a new era, is LucasFilm Games, becoming an official entity for all games of LucasFilm IP. Basically, it's a trailer celebrating the games and collaborations that have come before as they move into the future of more - such as the new Indiana Jones game recently announced. What I'm also hoping is that we might get a few more announcements over this next day or so.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    bit of speculation on production of battlefront 3, as one of the voice/mocap actors from the bf2 story mission has posted on social media in response to a rumor:

could be a totally new project, but one can hope.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    EA still has the license for exclusives (except Lego) for 2 more years