main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Also, Walker Assault encouraged using the whole map [or at least the section you was currently in] to a much greater degree than the vehicle defence objectives in Galactic Assault. The Rebels had as much reason to be dotted around the map as the Empire, dealing with the objective in their own way. So long as the uplink was on, you could have a long line of defence and just one person there. All objectives of Galactic Assault push both sides into conflict in set areas, meaning the map doesn't get fully utilised. Large maps need more open modes to allow the area of the map to be used at all times.

Using the 2005 game's modes first - conquest is the large mode and uses all of the map. Being an open mode, the full area of the map is available for use. Capture the Flag uses the indoor sections of the map, while hunt uses the outdoor sections. In terms of the 2017 game, there is no open mode that could use the map, not unless you changed how Galactic Assault worked so the objectives were able to be tackled in any order. Strike would use the outdoor sections of the map, with Blast being the indoor sections.

vncredleader likes this.
  2. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    That's exactly what I mean when I say GA reminds me of 3 consecutive phases of the final phase of BF 2015's Turning Point mode. Where all 40 players and vehicles are pushed onto one section of the map. In that mode it made for a final frenzy as the big finish. 3 rounds of it as GA is just is too much though. And it's too much for the game to handle as well. It's downright unstable.

To your point, I really miss the way the full map could be utilized in Walker Assault. Much better experience. Same with Supremacy mode.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    DarkRula and vncredleader like this.
  3. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Agree 100%. I really miss supremacy in particular. I was super hyped for planet specific tasks in GA, but once you play the maps 5 times each, you realize just how repetitive each fight is. Even when every supremacy was the same goal, as was walker assault, the way you had to play as a team really changed each game, rather than the same lines at the same corridors every single time. While not GA, the Endor strike map is this in spades, it is almost always the same exact tense part of the battle every time. That's one thing I will give strike on Jakku and some other planets, the place the battle gets intense at is often varied

vw_jedi likes this.
  4. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Yes, Endor Strike always winds up at the door/choke point. It's groundhog day. The inelegant solution the devs built in is to eventually spawn Rebels outside behind the Imps if the package makes it to the door frame border. It's silly.

Better option would have to been making several doors. They would still become choke points. But it would be more like the Starkiller Control Center Strike map in that you wouldn't know which door to cover. While you'd always know where the package was, Rebels could still emerge and flank from any door to aid the carrier. Better imo than just spawning troops behind you. Feels cheap that way.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    vncredleader likes this.
  5. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    Honestly, the game reeks of poor level design. Every GA maps feels like I'm funneled to a single choke point, the same can be said for the Strike maps as well. When your best maps happen to be from the last game that you simply ported over, you're not doing a good job.

I think the main issue is DICE focuses on making their games modes appear as cinematic as possible, rather than allowing the player to create the fun for themselves like the original games did.

vw_jedi and vncredleader like this.
  6. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Looking forward to the Kessel map. I hope season 3 is clone wars related.

7. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah. which is sad cause I really like the cinematic direction for every map, but there needs to be a balance thee, otherwise the novelty wares off. I mean I am still gonna play em to death, literally booting the game up right now, but still I desperately hope Kessel is better. I will say this Crait is not perfect, but it is better overall in terms of choke points. Now the dang second objective is horrible, but other than that it was decent.

Here's to BFIII being more balanced on that front

8. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    hopefully the next game they get rid of star cards

9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Clone Wars confirmed. Nice.

Grievous/Dooku, Obi-Wan/Anakin. Geonosis, hopefully more.

10. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    "A large, more sandbox type mode where you can capture command posts and destroy capital ships"
    Took you long enough.

11. Kynirin

Kynirin Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 16, 2015
    Unfortunately no trailer or anything, so I assume they aren't in any kind of state to be shown just yet.

I thought it all sounded good, so hopefully it all works out the way they're thinking. That multiplayer, objective-based sandbox environment thing sounded really nice. Something about taking over capital ships?

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I do hope it's available to play offline, too. Not holding my breath, but they teased "galactic conquest" a while back.

DaddlerTheDalek and Deliveranze like this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    The game won't last till Fall.. And by Fall they mean late Oct by the earliest..

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Nobody thought it would last this long. I wouldn't write it off yet, 99.

The lure of CW content/heroes alone will keep a large percentage of the player base.

15. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    They should try to get the unfinished arcs to be adapted as single-player missions and multiplayer maps if they can.

16. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    I'd rather a new The Clone Wars game do that rather than trying to force it into Battlefront. In fact, if that were to ever happen, I think I'd rather EA stayed well away.

CoolyFett likes this.
  17. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
  18. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    This is excellent, perhaps we'll get an Ahsoka surprise as well! Looking forward to the Solo stuff ... and hoping the cameo character gets a new skin to match.

I loaded this game up for the first time in months yesterday and had a blast, even though I couldn’t quite wrap my head around the changes to the progression system.

Snokers likes this.
  19. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Wait, you saying you could wrap your head around the old convoluted progression system? Lol..

New system is easy. Every class, vehicle, and hero has its own individual XP. Every time you play as any class/vehicle/hero you earn XP for that particular unit. XP does two things. Increases your character's rank, and earns you "points" to spend on crafting or upgrading star cards. Certain cards require you to be at a certain rank to craft.

So in a nutshell, the more you use a specific class the faster you rank that class up, and the more star cards you'll obtain for it.

SensationalSean likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Sorry, I'm not too excited about the playable heroes for the Clone Wars DLC.

21. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It's the best choice they could ever make! Now I will finally purchase this game.

heels1785 likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Would've been more excited if Ventress and/or Ahsoka was included. [face_sigh]

23. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    But Anakin and Obi-Wan are main characters. They should have been in the base game IMO. And Grievous and Dooku are more recognizable than the two you mentioned - don't get me wrong, I am a fan of Ventress and Ahsoka as well. I just think the decisions EA made here made sense.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Heroes will cost credits, per Ben Walke (DICE).

Save save save.

vncredleader likes this.
  25. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    ugh, I was just busy saving up for the new solo skins. I guess I'll go for 1 Lando, 1 Han, and the chewie skin and then buy nothing else for months

heels1785 likes this.