main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Stop loading it up then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Outsourced likes this.
  2. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    It is a live service game. It's just that being live service is usually just an excuse to add microtransactions to a game while putting in minimal resources to keep the game updating.

3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    A live service game that takes a month to fix an issue.

Prime Jedi likes this.
  4. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Prove me wrong.

One thing I noticed about those that defend this game is that their refutations of my comments are always along the lines of "don't play then."

Never once have I seen an actual good defense of the quality of the game play, modes, mechanics, etc.

5. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Yeah seriously I like the game, I play it frequently, but "don't play it then" is a really bad argument especially in light of the fact that many paid full price so just letting bygones be bygones aint gonna cut it

vw_jedi likes this.
  6. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    Thank you. As I've stated multiple times, I'm more than happy to have a discussion about any opinions I post about BF. There's plenty to talk about, good and bad. Unfortunately in this thread when comments are negative people tend to focus on the person rather than the content of the person's postings. Which is silly. If you disagree, refute the point if you're able.

That said, I don't really expect a refutation to my calling the game hot garbage. That was a joke meant for B99, who I actually play both BF's with and speak to outside this forum. But there's a post a few above that with my detailed feelings about the squad system and what I'd prefer to see rather than what's coming in a few days. Plenty to talk about, yet all I hear are crickets...

B99 likes this.
  7. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Yup. Live Service is, mostly, an excuse to keep people paying more money.

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    But the DLC in BF2 is free, isn't it?

9. shafty

Dec 4, 2014
    You won't find a post from me 'defending' this game. It's just a game to me. I neither love it nor hate it. I just find it a bit pointless that people who quite obviously have a massive dislike for something feel the need to try and tell the world that their opinion is the only one to have. Same with people slating TLJ.
    Move on if you hate something that much, it will never be what you want it to be.

10. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Nope. The microtransactions pay for it.

heels1785 likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But can't you purchase everything in the game through credits?

12. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    It's technically possible. But EA actively incentivises buying things with real money by manipulating the rate you receive credits and how much things cost.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Doesn't affect me. I own the absolute king of microtransactions like that, GTA V, and I haven't spent a single penny of real money to acquire any of the special toys like the most expensive vehicles and stuff; all money earned in-game. Same goes for BF2. I don't need every single skin for every single hero and trooper. I save what I earn in the game and use it on what I actually want.

14. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Good for you.

15. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    The community voicing their opinions about this game, particularly the outrage at launch, has led to massive changes in the game. Has it not?

So being there's no other SW game, why would I move on when I can keep voicing my opinion everywhere, and hopefully keep pushing the game toward something better?

It's like saying if you don't like the president leave the country. Nope, if you don't like the president you make sure you vote.

B99 likes this.
  16. shafty

Dec 4, 2014
    I understand that. But you did vote for "the president" and you did it with this game with your wallet when you purchased it.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't think the problem is buying the game; it's when you decide to buy the game that is the issue. Unless I know for a fact that a game I'm excited about is certain to live up to the hype built from its promotions, I'm just not going to go out and buy it on Day 1 (much less pre-order it for the trivial little items like an exclusive skin for Rey or Kylo Ren). I'd wait a couple months until it comes down in price and then buy it. And as I mentioned before, I won't get suckered into buying add-ons with real money as opposed to just earning in-game credits to get the same things.

18. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    You contradict yourself. And your argument makes little sense.

The game is not a static environment. Changes have been made and are still happening right now. All based on feedback.

Not "voting" at this point means you're satisfied with the current state of the game, or you don't care. I'm not, and I do.

19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014

This game is far from Redeemed..

Prime Jedi likes this.
  20. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    So sick of the horrible lag. It's pathetic that they can't get their s#$@ together. I pay an arm and a leg for very fast net. I work from home, so it's necessary. Nothing runs slow except both BF games. Really unacceptable.

21. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Making the rounds on Twitter and Reddit are reports that a good chunk of the Battlefield V dev team have finished their pre-release work and are headed back to BF2.

Hopefully that will lead to seamless releases of the CW and "large scale mode" content in the fall and winter - not much in the way of previews to speak of, other than that one promo shot of Grievous that has been floating around for months.

Remaining hopeful, still enjoying the game as we near the one year mark.

shafty likes this.
  22. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Huh? That doesn't make any sense. Why would the team return to a game they already released that already has a group of devs working on it?

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I think it does, if they're trying to finish strong to set up for a 3rd installment and hopefully build some good will back. The post-release "group" of devs working on BF2 has been long-rumoured to be minimal, thus the long delays in additional content released, etc.

This would likely be resources originally assigned to BF2 that were loaned out to help with the BFV launch returning to their posts.

24. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    I guess? But they don't really need that many people for post-release content. Bringing in a bunch of people would be a waste of resources, since most of the actual groundwork is already there, and the bulk of new work would be done by some artists and level designers.

heels1785 likes this.
  25. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Yeah, I see where you're coming from. But they're proposing four new released characters, a new game mode, and a new large map over the next few months - and all they've released over the last few months is a small map and some skins.

If the slow drip of content suggests their current capacity, I imagine they need a significant amount of extra manpower to make good on their promise, even though I'm not sure how much good it will do, PR-wise.