main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    But how many people will they actually need to accomplish that? Like I said, it's mostly art assets and level design, and they don't need that many people for that. And you're talking about a game that's older and less popular than the new Battlefield game at that.

It makes more sense for them to roll with a skeleton crew with Battlefront 2, and focus their efforts on more profitable, newer games.

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    No idea as to the amount (or if these reports are even true). However, if they had the capacity to produce content with their current staff, I imagine/hope we would have seen a bit more than we have with essentially two DLC releases in 10 months. The lack of attention to the embarrassing bugs that went unaddressed for most of the summer certainly should have been corrected, or addressed more tactfully (i.e. removing Palpatine from the game completely for weeks).

While the game itself is aging, giving attention to the Star Wars license to help them rebound (probably not to the degree of a No Man's Sky, but better than where they are) is in the interest of future projects.

3. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    With other Star Wars games being lined up for next year, it does give time for the Battlefront name to claw its way back to being a popular product with a real push in new content throughout the next year. Save Battlefront 3 for near the end of EA's time with the licence [if it isn't being renewed] as the swansong of the series that gets everything right. Thus, I'd say putting the team back to 2 for more content and fixes should be happening.

Though I still say with a Battlefront 3 they should stop using a system ripped from PvZ: Garden Warfare for the actual gunplay - even if they keep the stat boosting cards such as quicker health regen.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    If they were smart they'd just work on revamping BF2 and save BF3 for an eventual next gen console (PS5, Xbox-?) release.

5. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Star Wars Battlefront 3 as a near-launch game on next gen systems...
    Lovely.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well that's essentially what the original BF games were for PS2 and Xbox, weren't they?

7. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nah - The first BF was 3 years after XBox launch, 4+ after PS2.

Chewgumma and Outsourced like this.
  8. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    Could only be excited about that if EA/DICE has nothing to do with it.

B99 likes this.
  9. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Played some games last night. 2 things..

1 Jump pack for rocket trooper still broke..

2 When in a Republic gun ship (artillery) Being at a longer distance to the an enemy/ATT. Shooting laser will not hit them..
    Not sure if it's always had a distance cap to it or if it's a glitch, but it's annoying. Was hitting ATT multiple times to get no hit marker and no damage.

FUN GAME!

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Update coming tomorrow, with new squad system. And also fixing everything 99 doesn't like, surely.

shafty likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    heels1785 likes this.
  12. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    You can choose WHO you spawn off, not so much WHERE. I didn't like partner spawns in BF 2015, and I'm not a fan now for all the same reasons. They keep teams artificially embedded in objectives. They benefit clans over casual players. And ultimately the time they save us spawning in is lost on choosing who you spawn in on or fighting the new spawn glitch. Why they couldn't give us an actual choice of of spawning points, like in the old Battlefront or any of the Battlefield series and eliminate the useless 10 secind wait is beyond me. Apparently players teleporting into the objective like Star Trek is somehow better. (it's not)

Regarding the new glitch, you get locked in the spawning screen sometimes now. You get the countdown, you see the players you can spawn off, but you can't spawn. What you can do is hit options, choose respawn, and go through the whole spawning rigmarole again. It's a real time saver! (it's not)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm curious if you're limited to only spawn in conjunction with other clone troopers and not heroes. Everyone would want to follow the hero(s) on the map wherever they go.

14. vw_jedi

Feb 18, 2002
    You can spawn on heroes now.

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    New Community Transmission: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/121205/community-transmission-hero-health-star-cards/p1

For those on mobile:

Also Roadmap Update:

[​IMG]

January = General Kenobi. Happy birthday, heels.

Darkslayer and chrcharcor2 like this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So outside of Phasma, none of the female heroes get any new star cards or health benefits?

17. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    That new mode had better be worth it. I keep reading that description and all I keep thinking of is Elite Squadron's version of conquest with its near symmetrical maps to keep the ion cannon roughly the same distance from each team.

I'm also curious to see Geonosis, and how Grievous will play.

18. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Just hoping that the new game mode is not online-only, that there's a single player/bot option that's a bit more substantial than "Arcade" - will keep playing forever, if so. There is zero reason to play EABF1 anymore, and that sucks.

Deliveranze and bmickey like this.
  19. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Nothing for Dec.. lol

20. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Here's the October calendar.

Something's certainly changed over the last month or so, as this is more than we've gotten for the last 6 months. Lends some possibility to their re-gaining some of the staff that was working on Battlefield 5, or getting some help from somewhere.

[​IMG]

B99 and vncredleader like this.
  21. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

Darkslayer, Deliveranze and B99 like this.
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I’m more curious about March. I doubt there’s anything coming after February, but fingers crossed. Even if it’s the BF1 maps and heroes, or something small-time.

23. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    Been more than a month since I've been able to get on Battlefront 2, but having jumped on Galactic Assault today I was immediately stumped by that new spawning mechanic. They really want you to spawn on squad members, but when you can't do so if they're in a vehicle or in combat, there's little reason to even try. Or if they're halfway back down the map trying to shoot at starfighters with a grenade launcher.
    Still haven't lost any skill on it.

24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    EA/DICE has confirmed Grievous will arrive on 10/30. At least it's not the 31st. :p

chrcharcor2 likes this.
  25. DarkRula

Feb 3, 2015
    All Heroes able to be on the field at once in Galactic Assault has certainly made the matches more chaotic at points. Otherwise it's business as usual except for the vehicle attack phases meaning the vehicles are hardly hit.