main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars: Battleground Announced

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Dan, Feb 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    ahem. yes i realise its 70mb i have done for two days now ;) read the other thread. hehe

2. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    it would be cool to fight with the war droids on Byss against the darkside beasts like wedge and lando did in DE2, but the citadel would be almost impossible to capture because of its defense's and dark jedi guarding it.

3. GBG2001

GBG2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2001
    If the demo works good, is the full game gauranteed(I never could spell that word right)to work? (I am the one with the 200 mhz pentium)

4. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Normally the demos run WORSE than the full versions (they have in most of my experience)... final versions are better optimised.

5. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Full version will have the option to go to a lower resolution, play less sounds, etc

6. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Garry Gaber answered a load of questions at the GB forums: here's the link. Its the last post on the page. Pretty interesting.

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    GameSpot has posted the first part of a HUGE new preview...

8. Dark_Sith_Alf

Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
    According to the Gamespot review, all Jedi look the same. And all Sith look the same.
    The Gungans will have Jedi, but the Jedi won't be Gungans.

9. Dark_Sith_Alf

Dark_Sith_Alf Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000
  10. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
  11. Knightstalker-

Knightstalker- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    Hmmmmm.....Trade Federation.....might have to give those guys a shot, like the cut of their jib!

12. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    GBG has gone gold.

STAR WARS® GALACTIC BATTLEGROUNDS(TM) GOES GOLD | GAME TRAILER FRIDAY,
    OCTOBER 26

The destiny of a galaxy hangs in the balance, and you are in command. LucasArts Entertainment Company LLC is pleased to announce that Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (PC Windows) has been approved for manufacturing and is expected in stores the week of November 12th! Lead the armies of the Star Wars saga to victory in intense, real-time
    strategy clashes. Enter the fray as the Galactic Empire, Rebel Alliance, Wookiees, Trade Federation, Gungans and Royal Naboo to determine the final outcome of the Galactic Civil War.

Visit the new official Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds web site which launches this Friday with more game info, art and the premiere of the game trailer!

http://www.swgalacticbattlegrounds.com

LUCASARTS COMPANY STORE
    Attention! Time to report for duty! Pre-order your copy of Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds today and secure your FREE EXCLUSIVE Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds dog tags*! Limited edition box features the signatures of the talented team behind this game; plus, FREE shipping and handling!

Order by calling toll-free 1-888-LEC-GAMES or by visiting http://companystore.lucasarts.com.

*Premium items are available in limited supply. Offer good while supplies last. Free shipping offer valid on standard delivery within the United States only; normal expedited and Canadian shipping rates apply.

13. GBG2001

Sep 23, 2001
  14. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    New preview over at Echostation.

15. GBG2001

Sep 23, 2001
    [whisper]site update[\whisper]--trailer, screenshots, renovation...yay

16. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    Yeah, all kinds of new screenies, renderings of some units - it's great!

*DROOL*

17. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    Gamespot has the final update with Wookies and Gungans...

18. Darth-Cartman

Darth-Cartman Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2001
    I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but wouldn't it rock if they put out an expansion with a new playable race - the Yuuzhan Vong? It would be pretty cool to use their biotechnology . . . just a thought.

19. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    The Gungans also use biotechnology :)

20. Lone_Padawan

Lone_Padawan Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2001
    I'm a bit dissapointed with the jedi in battlegrounds demo. Their sabers are all either blue or red and they can't deflect bolts like they could in force comander (I'm talking about the jedi characters like luke and vader.)
    The new shields seen in the trailer for the game look good though, they have obviously changed it a bit since the demo.

21. Lord_Erly

Lord_Erly Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2001
    The Camel tells me:
    "They are like the Yuuzhan Vong..."

So the circle is complete. ;-)
    Heh, maybe we'll end up seeing the Gungans allying with the Y. Vongs somewhen...

Excuse me, I'm on a trip... and this is off topic ;-)

22. Emperor_Dan

Aug 21, 1999
    I'm a bit dissapointed with the jedi in battlegrounds demo. Their sabers are all either blue or red and they can't deflect bolts like they could in force comander (I'm talking about the jedi characters like luke and vader.)

Well, if the sabers were mixed green + blue, then it would be really confusing if it was a knight or a master (guessing that master has green saber). And they can't deflect bolts, true, but if they could, it would make them even more powerful than they already are. And how would bounty hunters kill them? Knife 'em? ;)

23. El_Emperador

El_Emperador Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    It comes out tommorow!! This is the official reaction thread! How are you getting it? Where are you getting it? When are you getting it? Are you getting it? :)

I'm getting it off Amazon.com Hopefully it will show up tomorrow or Tuesday!

24. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    I'm not getting it for a while, I'm going to get Starfighter PC first (will be available in a fortnight in the UK :p ;)).

Erly, the camel's back! How's he been? ;)

25. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Corleone, where did you learn Starfighter PC would be out in a fortnight in the UK?

Multiple sources? Have you had it confirmed?

Cause, y'know, lucasarts.com says;

Availability: PlayStation 2 Available Now, Xbox Nov. '01, PC Jan. '02

<points at Corleone, and stifles a giggle, but waits to see Corleone's proof of early UK release before bursting out into a hysterical fit of laughter>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.