main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Star Wars: Biomes

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by VexedAtVohai, May 3, 2021.

1. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    It was all OT/Disney movie planets. What is it with their anti-prequel bias? They could've at least included a podracer in the Tatooine segment! And Mustafar barely even looks like itself in Rogue One, much less the so-called Mustafar appearance in TROS. :oops:

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  2. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    All of these except Hoth appeared in recent content. I’m wondering if these were preexisting digital environments and that’s how they were picked - because not much new was needed to make them. I’m hoping this is just the start of these and later on we get Tatooine near Mos Espa with Podracers and the stadium.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Can we seriously not, in the thread about the relaxing canon-irrelevant ASMR video of all places?

4. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    All I'm saying is I'd like to relax to some Coruscant traffic, or the waves of Kamino, or the nature sounds of Naboo. ;)

5. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Kamino and Naboo would be nice

6. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I quite appreciate this, and it succeeded for me in being relaxing! Maybe if they ever make a segment about Endor we could get to see a Gorax... but then again, that probably wouldn't be that relaxing after all!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  7. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Star Wars: Bestiary?

DannyD, harryhenry and Ithorians like this.
  8. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Sign me up for that one too!

9. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/ 18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Very relaxing with a walk on the wild side.

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I was specifically thinking that it would be amazing if they did one for Endor and we got to see a Gorax. And if it's just one Gorax wandering around while being seen from a "helicopter" it would be relaxing enough. :p

harryhenry, Krueger and Ithorians like this.
  11. harryhenry

harryhenry Jedi Master star 1

Apr 19, 2015
    Real talk: A Star Wars nature documentary series would be an AWESOME idea.
    Meanwhile, on the short itself...

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    MercenaryAce likes this.
  12. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    I wish they would incorporate very long establishing shots in movies or shows, when transitioning to a different planet. I wouldn't mind relaxing landscapes between action sequences. Conversely, if the appropriate music is applied, a long establishing shot could draw out the tension of impending doom.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Biomes has the advantage of using either premade models, or it they were fairly simply made.
    Those Tauntauns weren't complex.

A closer, lower level float through forests and jungles and deserts and oceans... I wonder if beasties made in the CG era could be set loose to roam about without too much expense. Even as a sorta video game where you don't kill anything, just wander about.

14. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Would have been nice to see some crystal critters trotting about on Crait.

Riv_Shiel and GregMcP like this.
  15. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    What would be really cool is a longer segment entirely in the deep ocean of Naboo. I love watching huge creatures from a safe distance

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Agreed.

Heck, the Wildlife of Star Wars is one of my favorite star wars books, so using that for the basis of an in-universe nature documentary would be extremely awesome.

17. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    One of my favorite books as well. Done correctly, they could get a whole series out of this. I'm ancient enough to remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom back in the '60s and 70s, and I'd watch the living daylights out of a Star Wars version of that.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

We might something similar to Biomes, soon.

MrDarth0 and Bor Mullet like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Galaxy of sound. Sounds interesting:p

20. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    Apparently they're doing Galaxy of Creatures, too.

Looks like it's 2D animation, rather than CG models.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  21. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I finally got around to watching this last night and loved it! Sorgan, especially, could've had its own video. I'm actually okay with the runtime, though some longer ones would be a good option if this is continued.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  22. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    I wonder if this is a a prelude to the next iteration of the souring over California or whatever it was now at Disneyland.

23. Darth Baga

Darth Baga Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2021
    I like the sound of that! I've always thought a David Attenborough-style nature documentary set in AGFFA would be awesome. [face_laugh]