main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Star Wars: Black Sheep (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Airen Vehn
    Hangar Bay
    Intrepid

Lou wasn't dead and still his heart grieved and broke into pieces like a battered ship on a rocky coastline.

The Hunt for the Bith Marquis had taken its toll.

The briefing and the others were low priorities for him. Unlike Lou, Airen wasn't very social. Even when he had been with the Empire, even when he'd commanded ground pounders into the filthy, cramped, murderous streets of Jedha, he hadn't formed those connections with the men around him. Men he'd lose in an hour, a day, or a week, to some improvised explosive device or ambush. His best friend, Myn who was also Lou's brother although he didn't know it at the time, had been his only saving grace during the miserable months he spent on that wretched planet.

Then life took him away from Jedha and into the steely confines of the Empire's most fear weapon: the Death Star.

Myn had been mortally wounded on the Death Star over Yavin during the Rebel attack. Airen had been one of the few to recognize the end was coming and had deserted his post. The two stole a shuttle and fled leaving behind their lives and millions of others who weren't so unfortunate. Myn died from his wounds under the shade of the great tree on the family property of Tesserone. His last words and promise to Airen was that Airen would share ownership of the property with Louise.

That had been years ago and now Airen found himself looking at the blank space in the hangar where Lou's Y-Wing would have normally been parked. The blank space reflected the blank space in his heart. He missed her. That flash of blonde hair. That smile. Those eyes. That laugh. Even the way she felt next to him. He wondered how she was doing. If she was holding up and giving the Imperials all they could handle. Deep down he wondered about their child as well. As much as he could wonder about something or someone he'd never met.

Airen wasn't a pilot. He was a mechanic. That realization was stark and cold against the backdrop of the stars. A decisoin came to him now.

He would never fly again.

Tag: No One

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Captain Cassell “Skipper” Wystari, Lieutenant Alaina Diamé

Cassell hobbled out of the Valkyria as fast as he could to catch up with Amber. With all that has transpired, it was clear the discussion between two traumatised individuals had not gone well, one had said, or worded the wrong thing and the other reacted so.

The whirling and crank noises alerted Cassell that the overhead crane was on the move. Technicians were servicing the crafts. Hangar droids scurried about their business while a voice over the P.A. advised everyone to "Stand by."

Yet, Amber was not to be seen.

'Give her time, give her space' Zephyr had advised when they returned to the Intrepid. He shook his head and muttered. "Teenagers."

Cassell turned and started a walk about the Valkyria. The Corellian light freighter had seen better days. He grimaced as he saw the scuffed and half faded condition of the hull art that blessed his ship. The Pegasus Knight had seen better days. Her expression forlorn.

The loud roar of a ship's engines reverberated in the hangar distracted him and he witness a transport entering the bay. It glided close touched down not too far from where the Valkyria was parked.

Cassell leaned against the Valkyria's landing strut as he watched with curiosity. The transport's boarding ramp lowered and then he smiled as he recognised Lieutenant Diamé and her team disembarking. They had returned from their mission. That was some good news.

He turned and returned his focus back to the inspection of his beloved craft. He only made a few more steps before he sensed someone approach. A glance over his shoulder, he saw Lieutenant Diamé jog over to see him.

"Skipper!" She called out. "Still in one piece!"

"Almost." Cassell tapped his cane on the decking.

"Awww, you got a souvenir scar." She said as she glanced to his ankle. Then gave a sharp nod to the ship. "I was inferring to her since she looks a bit beat up but you'll have to show me yours once the bacta cuff is off."

"I'm sure we all have our fair share… so how did you go, Lieutenant?"

"Ehh…" She pulled a face. "It wasn't what we expected but these things never are. I'll come find you once we've settled the post op. How did the team go?"

Cassell grimaced.

"Oh… that bad huh? Don't keep me hanging. Spill."

"We've had our share of losses against overwhelming odds-"

"Sounds like every mission these days." She muttered.

"I don't know their names but out of your group, only the Sergeant and Corporal survived."

"That doesn't really narrow down-" Diamé sighed and shook her head. "Can you describe them or… never mind. I'll go and sort this out and-"

"I believe it was a Murray or a Murren or Mu-" Cassell tried to remember some detail, he didn't really pay much attention to who they were since all he had to do was ferry them there and back again… and let them do their thing.

"Corporal Mullen Shetland, yes?"

"-survived, and that…lady…with the hair, Sergeant-"

Diamé nodded. "Sergeant Genevieve Lehrsherr. They both survived?"

Cassell nodded. "Yes."

"That was painful." Diamé muttered under her breath. "Thank you, for letting me know. That's some good news."

"I heard a memorial for the fallen had taken place a few hours ago."

She stared at him for a second to let that sink in. "Alright, thank you… I'll finish up and see to this." She shifted her shouldered kit to a better position. "I'll find you later. Keep off that leg!"

"Aye aye, Lietenant." He gave a mock salute.

Alaina shook her head, then flashed a faint smile and gave one in return before leaving.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Traer Lin
    Wandering, sneaking, even

Shadows, shadows, shadows... ignore the calls, hope he's not seen - torchlight!

"Lin?" The voice identified Schlitz, even as the response conveyed was one of surprise and bemusement. "Traer Lin?" Schlitz took a step closer to the fence line, the duracrete slats now were all the separated the two from each other, and Traer peered up, sheepish, because what else could you look when your hand was caught in the cookie jar. "What are you doing out of the barracks?" As usual, Schlitz asked, trying to sound authoritative though his voice betrayed his total and utter confusion. "You have to go back inside before someone sees you!"

Traer cursed silently, but reflected. At least he hasn't shot me...

He had two decisions here.

One.

Play up his confusion, and nod, salute, and run off. Schlitz would have to keep this quiet because he should have reported it. A bit of a "Aren't you someone, sir? Or are you no-one?" Confusion, comedy style, and then head back. Of course, that placed Traer in the hands of an incompetent who should have sounded the alarm.

Two.

He nods to his Aqualish partner, who hasn't yet been seen, to rush Schlitz, who was now a step or more closer than he should have been, and throttle the man to death. That might be a bit preemptive, as he had no plan afterwards.

That hadn't stopped him before of course. He had the philosophy of taking the next chance, and then the next one, until he had no chances left. He had done alright out of it.

But today there would be consequences, and Schlitz clearly wasn't a bad sort... for an Imperial. Maybe spending so much time with ex-Imperials had made Lin realise that some of them just needed a nudge.

So, with a salute, Traer stood. "Right you are, sir, thank you for pointing it out. I got a bit lost in the dark and the fire, and all that." He could sense the Aqualish behind him, probably staring at him in surprise.

Without another word, he turned to head back to the barracks.

Feral was going to have a right go at him.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, others, @darthbernael mentioned

4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part I
    IC: Beskaryc Taab/Commander Flagg (NPC)
    Port side pilot's ready room, rebel carrier Intrepid. Two days later...

Two days. Two long and boring manda forsaken days had passed since the Black Sheep squadron had been put on stand down. Of course for some it had been even worse than that. After their antics in the dining facility, Vixen, Vet and Kid had all been put on restricted duty and confined to quarters for the past couple of days. They had to be ready to climb the bulkheads by now, so Taab was sure they were happy to just be here for a briefing now. The same had to go for Balzroth as well who was still on the mend. Even so, it had been far too long since they had seen an update from their chain of command, at least in Taab's mind, though he was sure the others felt the same way. That situation at least was now in the process of being rectified as the pilots filed into the port side ready room for another briefing.

Taab immediately went for his customary spot at the rear of the room, standing near but not not against the back wall. Flagg of course was up near the podium, with the CAG and another officer that the mandalorian didn't recognize. Neither looked particularly pleased to be here if their tight lipped expressions were being correctly interpreted by Taab. Of course under his buy'ce (helmet) they could tell how he felt towards them.

Others now were filing in and taking their own seats, and it wasn't long before Flagg called the room to attention and then ordered them back to their seats before getting down to it. "Pilots, this is Agent Baniss Vermillion," he said bluntly introducing the man standing next to the CAG. "He's an analyst with rebel intelligence and is here to brief us on the known capabilities of the TIE Defender." He looked to the man and then the CAG with a sideways glance. There it was clear Flagg was just as pleased with their presence as they were at being here. Probably because so long as the two interlopers were here they couldn't discuss their "other actvities," namely the on going planning for the rescue of their comrades from the SonTay POW camp.

Taab mulled their reason for being here in the first place for a moment. The Defenders that made up the Death's Head squadron had certainly taken their toll on the Black Sheep, so it was no wonder they they were to receive an in depth briefing on just what the Imperial craft could do. Scuttlebutt had it that Intrepid based squadrons had engaged TIE Defenders more than any other fighter wing in the rebellion, with the Black Sheep squadron at the top of the list, so they already had experience. Frankly, they had already seen up close just what the Defenders were capable of, did they really need such a briefing? More likely this man was here to garner their own impressions of the fighter, to pass it along to other rebel un its so they might enjoy a higher rate of success. Or at least survival.

"Before we get to that however a bit of good news," Heads straightened up at that. "And no, it's not a mission, we're still on stand down." A perceptible wave of disappointment ran through the room. "However, I am happy to say that both Lieutenant Alec Cadera and Corporal Eliana Saeli will be back with us shortly..." Taab's head snapped back in shock as if on cue the hatch opened and the pair of Black Sheep were ushered in by a marine. "They got picked up by a mining prospector who happened by the Swordfish system before Alliance Search and Rescue teams had the chance." Taab's head dipped slightly at that. No doubt it was good news that they had been found at all, though it didn't bode well for rebel SAR teams that a civilian had beaten them to the punch. At least they had been missed by Imperial search teams as well. Taab gave them a nod as they each took a seat in the front row of the ready room.

"We don't have a bird for you two yet, but we're working on it." Flagg said apologetically. "Just glad o have you both back." He looked again to CAG who looked impatient to move on. "Tehanis, Mcear, Malek. You're off restricted duty, time to get back to work." CAG frowned and shared a glance with Agent Vermillion. These disciplinary issues were just a part of the issue he had with the squadron. "Malek," Flagg kept his eyes centered on the rebel Sergeant. "You and Flight Officer Lurell have been cleared by Commander Wallings," Taab raised an eyebrow at that as he realized she wasn't at this briefing. "...to help interrogate our Imperial guests, Lieutenant Commander Corrin and Captain Macan, formerly of the Bith Marquis." He didn't add that the real reason for them helping out was to gather as much information as they could on the SonTay POW camp complex for their unauthorized rescue plans. "So far the intel weenies," he spared surreptitious glance towards Vermillion, "haven't had much luck with either of them, so report your findings to Commander Wallings if you manage to get anything useful out of them."

"Right," he gestured to the intelligence analyst. "Agent Vermillion, you have the floor."

TAG: @Rebecca_Daniels @Mistress_Renata @Sarge @Adalia-Durron @galactic-vagabond422 @Mitth_Fisto @Corellian_Outrider @The Real Kyp Durron @Bodhran777 @adaml83 @TheSilentInfluence

Rebecca_Daniels, Mistress_Renata Anedon Sarge Adalia-Durron galactic-vagabond422 Mitth_Fisto Corellian Outrider The Real Kyp Durron, Bodhran, adaml83

OOC: Sorry for the delay folks. Current events have really shabbed up my schedule. Any questions, PM me or ask in the X-Wing fanclub over in the EUC. Oh and a hearty welcome to Adam to the Black Sheep!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    OOC: Still separating the updates into parts so everyone gets their tags. As will be seen, the two update sections are on slightly different parts of the timeline, but we'll sync up eventually. I apologize again for the lateness of all of this. Current events have taken their toll on my online activities. I've nothing at the moment for the two Imperial secondary characters here. I'll tag them back in as they become needed. For now I just wanted to focus back on the prisoners themselves for a bit. However if you've an idea or wanted them to do something in particular, PM me and we'll sort it out.

GM Update: Part II
    IC: Major Roger Hammond, Captain Steppan Rouger, Lieutenant Steeph Stilts, Tanner Vic (NPCs)
    POW Camp Assembly area (sports field), SonTay POW camp. The next day.

Morning dawned over the POW camp as the sun cast what was for now soft rays upon the rows of rebel prisoners standing more or less at attention in the assembly area at the southern end of the so called North Camp. Right now those rays offered a bit of warmth and light for the newly awakened prisoners after what had been a long night for them all. Of course by noon they would beat down mercilessly upon them, but for now the effect of the sun's rays was a welcome one.

The smell of acrid smoke still hung in the air, though the barracks the fire had destroyed over in the HVP camp had been utterly reduced to ashes. One of the occupants had been killed in the fire, or so the Commandant had reported to them, while the others were being temporarily transferred to the POW camp. Colonel Ganho had just shrugged at that, looking to Hammond who pointed to barracks two. It was going to be crowded there now, but it was still the least populated barracks.

The look didn't go unnoticed by those already assigned to barracks two, under Captain Ordwgal. So when Hammond approached them after formation had been dismissed, with several other members of the X-committee in tow, it came as no surprise to them. No more surprised anyway then when Sergeant Schlitz had returned Traer back to them last night saying nothing more than he saw "nothing!" Vic hadn't pushed then, nor did he really intend to now. He didn't want to run afoul of Traer's Aqualash.

"I'll be digging under the wire tonight then, spend some time in spaceport and then get recaptured in three of four days..." Stilts could barely be heard saying to Hammond as the group approached the barracks two residents who had stayed behind in the field while the rest of the formation broke up.

"That's fine." Hammond replied, though it looked like his mind was on other matters. "We still need to talk about George," Rouger stated flatly, barely hiding the anger that seethed within him. "Later." Hammond said, just as flatly. "No, now." Hammond stopped his advance towards the lingering barracks two folks and gave Rouger a warning glance, though it didn't deter him. "You're planning to use that tunnel to infiltrate and kill the Imperial officers in their camp," he hissed out quietly. "Murdering them in their sleep, that's wrong."

Hammond's anger nearly boiled over, though he managed to restrain himself from shouting and being over heard by the guards. "It will hit them where they live, serve as a distraction for the others escaping and totally disrupt Imperial efforts to round up our escapees." He shot a withering look at the Skarnian captain before looking worriedly at the POWs before them. Well, no more reason to worry about their loyalties now, they had clearly overheard everything. If they were spies, this would get out quickly and they'ed all be dead.. "George is vital to our efforts."

"Be advised." Stilts said loudly enough for them both to hear, and in a tone of voice none of them could miss. It was the code phrase that an Imperial was approaching, in this case the rotund Sergeant Schlitz. To his credit the portly Imperial army sergeant never gave Traer a second glance as he deposited the new transfers from the High Value Prisoner camp at the feet of the rebel officers. "For you, clean them up, keep them quiet and make sure I see nothing!"

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox @TheAdmiral @Vehn @darthbernael @Mistress_Renata @Sarge @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29

6. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    OOC: This is actually more before the actual TAG...more should come soon.
    IC: Baniss Vermillion

Baniss was looking through the records of his new assignment, the Intrepid seemed a new convert to the side, which was good all things considered. He then looked through the command staff.

The CO, Captain Husk, was the one who initiated the defection to the Rebellion, it made sense since he’s Alderaanian. It pleased Baniss to see that he was getting training on current starfighters so he would know their capabilities under nominal circumstances. Otherwise, there were no warning signs or red flags in Husk’s record that Baniss could see.

The XO, Colonel Teague, was another matter, he liked to drink a bit much. Also, he tended to suffer from some sort of paralysis in decision making in high-stress situations. Otherwise, his record indicated that he is an excellent tactician. Maybe I should talk to the Captain and see if I can encourage him to help out his old friend with some of this…

The Intelligence Officer, Wallings, on the other hand, is typically Intelligence. She ‘holds’ the rank of Commander, but as Baniss knew and has done previously, could wear the rank of any level that particular Intel Officer would think necessary. She would be interesting to work with.

There was little with Flight Ops, Lieutenant Felix, to give Baniss any worry. Hopefully, he’d get a chance to pursue his other passions, painting, and singing, on Naboo at some point.

There was much to indicate the Communication Officer’s skill in her role. Lieutenant Iela was a mystery otherwise, very quiet. I’ll need to keep an eye on her, her reputation in Communications almost demands that.

Baniss’s initial opinion of the Intrepid’s CAG, Colonel Spence, was very high. He kept his people trained and knew the enemy. Chances are the CAG’s opinions that would be very influential to Baniss.

Baniss turned his attention to the various squadrons onboard the Intrepid. The first squadron he looked at was the A-wing squadron, Viper Squadron. It looked like the primary, almost point defense, squadron to protect the Intrepid.

It’s CO, Commander Lee, seemed like the prototypical CO. There were rumors that he is the illegitimate son of the Captain, but that didn’t matter much to Baniss when the rest of his record was what it was. He almost would be an ideal test pilot...if he survives long enough…

The X-wing squadron, Intruder Squadron, seemed to be the workhorse squadron on the Intrepid. The CO, Commander Kryze, worried him a bit. She had several problems that would create some problems in terms of squadron efficiency. Maybe it had to do with Baniss’s lack of knowledge of Mandalorians.

There wasn’t much on the rest of the squadron, aside from Maverick’s callsign being particularly apt. He wasn’t taking the loss of his wingman, Goose, very well however, it was a common tale, Baniss sighed, Goose would always die in the end. He heard that Goose had had a son, maybe he’d run into this Maverick at a later date. Iceman, on the other hand, was interesting. A Chiss on this side of the conflict was unique, though he did have a weird way to chew his gum…

Star Raider squadron, a mix of Y-wings and B-wings, had suffered quite a bit from combat attrition. Maybe it was time for them to be reassigned to rebuild, though current activities wouldn’t allow for it right now. Their CO, Commander Argo, had an interesting background, and Baniss wouldn’t question the bravery of that man, especially since he’s still flying a Y-wing. The other prominent pilot, Major Valor, Baniss snickered at the name, is the XO of the squadron, partially due to the amazing attrition of the squadron. The fact that she’s lived indicates her skill, though there are some relatively minor problems.

Looking at the final squadron… Oh boy….

There were several problems with the squadron, first seemed to be the casualties. Granted the Black Sheep is something of a hard-luck squadron, but 13 casualties confirmed with two more currently in a PoW camp with a couple of noticeable political prisoners didn’t place a lot of confidence in either the CO of the squadron, Commander Flagg, or their orders, rumored from Wallings’s hand. Even if they’re a hard-luck squadron, they deserve better than a 76.47% casualty rate, much better. Maybe a new CO, or let the military make decisions based on information we give them from Intel.

He then decided to look through the current roster, and first on the list was Commander Flagg. A hard-luck CO for a hard-luck squadron. While it might be true he deserves command based on his rank, the rest of his record screams against it. If the option is to rehabilitate these people, then they possibly picked the worst person out of the entire military. Despite his reservations about the antics of Rogue Squadron, he does respect the ability that Antilles has in improving his people. That said he also has a casualty problem. Baniss couldn’t think of another person off the top of his head, but someone had to be better.

If it was true that Wallings was running the show, it wasn’t much better from her leadership. She’s had a reputation for using up assets given that she thought that the ends justify the means.

Black Two, Flight Officer Pallas, seems pretty close to being a typical pilot, though she had some trust issues. That and she seems to know how to make alcohol...fairly typical for a Corellian…

Black Three, Flight Officer Tehanis...Temper, mainly towards men. Though if any rumor was true, something caused that effect. Not that I’d ever know...but. I might need to try a test at some point…

Black Four, Sergeant Malek, seems to be a person to keep an eye on. Another pilot that fits his callsign, Baniss could only wonder how long he’d keep flying. His only thing abnormal is his age and rank, typically someone that age would be leading people...maybe he should…

Black Five, Lieutenant Balzroth, Baniss just sat stupefied reading his record. What even is that!?

Black Six, Flight Officer Yaren, she seems to be a contradiction, at least based on her record. Though there was something, maybe if he could understand the inner workings of this squadron a bit better, she might be useful...along with some others… The only thing that Baniss noticed was that she didn’t like Corellians that much...for good reason given some of the things they’ve done before. The idiot on my team, Ransom, was a Corellian. Wanted to get something extra during our infiltration to get more information on the Defender, now he’s dead...the idiot.

There was no one in the slot for Black Seven, Eight, Ten and Sixteen, along with Blacks Nine and Twelve currently in a POW camp, that meant even with an extra pilot, this squadron of 17 was down to 11 pilots. Baniss shook his head in frustration, which meant two squadrons on the Intrepid that probably needed to be refitted. Well, my math was off...maybe...

Baniss decided to continue with the next flight even if there was only one pilot for that flight, but at the last minute, he decided to include the POW pilots as well.

Black Nine, Lieutenant Gray (POW), nothing seemed too out of place in her record. There was some Alliance Intelligence speculation about her husband being an Imperial and in her relationship with him that was of some interest, but it didn’t matter until she was rescued from that camp.

Black Eleven, Flight Officer Mcear, was the only pilot in this flight of Y-wings, with two of them being POWs, and the other one dead...Maybe if she could learn to fly a B-wing… Other than being overly positive, maybe she’d be one that Baniss could learn what really was going on within the squadron.

Black Twelve, Sergeant Sunwalker, was the other pilot in the POW camp, Shame, she knows the TIE Defender also… Someone who defected because of the ISB...and Isard, Maybe Wallings should go up against her…, she was one of the rare few from Coruscant and even rarer who knows the TIE Defender. Getting her back would be of high priority.

Black Thirteen, Major Taab, Quiet is usually the first thing on his record, it’s not really a military record since he’s been a mercenary for a very long time. So Baniss looked towards black market rumors, quiet and uncaring tended to be towards the top. Quietly, but persistently, the word sociopath came up several times. Why is a mercenary here? Looking back through previous records an Atin Taab shows up but is KIA. Are they related?

Black Fourteen, Flight Officer Quin, seems like this was the chaotic, psychotic wing pair…. Why? Just why?

Back Fifteen, Flight Officer Lurell, Interesting… Again, “quiet” comes up a good bit in her record. Maybe it was because she’s a tiny minority in the Alliance...or it could be something else. She’d be a possibility especially if there’s a bad mission since there was a mention of her not liking suicide missions. Which seems to be fairly common here with this group...

Black Seventeen, Lieutenant Wystari, Odd, someone with their own ships… Someone with a freighter was unique among squadrons. Though liking theatrics for undercover roles could certainly come in handy.

Black Seventeen B, Major Hollymander, like Malek, this Hollymander seems like someone else to keep an eye on. Maybe someone to get an unbiased view of the squadron.

Baniss had two personal priorities, one was to inform these pilots on the TIE Defender, and then find out how each squadron reacted and operates from that information. The second, get some people out of Son Tay camp.

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Amber Tehanis
    Briefing Room - The Intrepid.

She’d had a lot of time to think while being confined to quarters, and a lot of time to think and get a few things done. She’d been able to Comm Ethan on his Life Day and they’d talked for a while about how they’d eventually taste the Namana, find a cake and celebrate properly. Although she did admit their little adventure had given her the best laugh she’d had in a very, very long time. The bottle sat beside her bed and the label amused her a little. It was good to hear Ianna laughing with them but she’d noticed the change in her mood when Jeen arrived. She needed to sit and talk to her, considered comming her to discuss it, but decided that was a face to face conversation situation. She was coping in her usual way, with a smile, that was good to see. There’d been a lot of thinking time as well. If he wanted to wait to the end of the war, so be it. Chances were pretty high one or both of them wouldn’t make it. She’d accepted that long ago, every time she returned from a mission, she kissed her mother’s wedding ring in secret. Someone had to be keeping her safe up till now. Every day had become a bit of a gift and she made the decision in her forced confinement that she was 20 now and needed to start growing up, gain control of her temper and attempt to get past her fears. She finally had gotten the time to fix the ends of her hair and despite the fact it was shorter now, it looked ok. Finally, she made some transactions, she’d been meaning to do it for a few weeks, she had the time now. Sending a heavily coded message to her Estates caretakers, she requested a financial transfer with conditions. She knew it would take a week or two to get through the various encrypted channels she’d set in place, but she hoped the Black Sheep would benefit from the anonymous benefactor.

She now found herself sitting in a briefing, and facing someone new. It was good to be out of her room, but she had no regrets, it’d been so worth it. Listening she glanced at Kayn, he’d looked better, but at least he was on the mend. She doubted there was much that could contain that particular ego. Even death. Surreptitiously looking around she noted ‘he’ was sitting to her left with Cassell, who was still holding a cane. She guessed his ankle was still hurt and made a mental note to check on him. The man had been nothing but kind to her, as had Ethan who now sat beside her. They were a team and she trusted him as her wing now. He was being assigned to interrogate the prisoners, that sounded heavy to her and she was glad it wasn’t her job. The new man was about to brief them on the TIE Defenders, she wanted, no needed to know more about so sat forward listening intently wishing she had a data pad to take notes. Seemed the side mission would have to wait till those not involved weren’t listening, Amber hoped that'd be soon. It was highly likely anyone assigned to a prison camp would not be in a good way and the sooner they got them out the better.

TAG @Anedon @Bardan_Jusik @galactic-vagabond422 no one.

8. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Dietryk Gray
    Spaceport
    SonTay

Lieutenant Commander Dietryk Gray had long ago left SonTay prison camp. His work there had been completed with stunning success. Lou, his ex wife, was a broken, crushed, and demoralized shell of her former self. She wouldn't be a threat to him again. Even if she somehow escaped SonTay or was rescued he was confident she would never raise a finger against him again.

Crushing Lou's soul, showing her the holovid of her life altering surgery, had been more than rewarding. It had been cathartic. All that pain, all that sorrow and misery, had suddenly disappeared. The thirst for blood and revenge quenched albeit temporarily. Dietryk had felt a sliver of pity as he watched Lou collapse and crumble before him without having to lay a hand on her. The victory had been so perfectly planned, so perfectly executed. Now all he had were the memories of the moment when everything turned in his favor.

"Your fighter is fueled and ready, sir," one of the Imperial techs said standing at attention near Dietryk's TIE Defender.

"Very well," Dietryk said, "oh and this is a little extra for you for all your hard work. I don't normally do this but you caught me in a good mood."

Dietryk flicked a few credits in the direction of the Imperial tech who felt as if he'd won the lottery. Yes, he was in a good mood today. He even acknowledged the support staff. It was something he never did. A pilot was above such things. Especially an Imperial one. He gave a nod to the man as he clambered up the ladder and slipped into the open cockpit of his Defender.

He quickly made sure his life support system was pressurized and began his pre flight check. Nothing was going to stop him today. He'd report back to Baron VonOften that he was now a better man having purged his demons. He'd lead the Skulls to victory and destroy the Black Sheep squadron once and for all. He might even receive a promotion for his efforts. Yes, there was something to be said for resolving old hurts.

Dietryk gave a quick nod to hangar control before grasping the yoke and slipping out of the spaceport. He took a shallow trajectory. In no particular hurry to get back to his assignment. He even allowed himself to do another unusal thing today. Fly over SonTay prison camp. The camp was located some distance away so he had some time to get his Defender calibrated and ready to go. He even felt so relaxed that he didn't even bother to turn his shields on. He was firmly in Imperial territory here. There were no dangers or threats to be concerned about.

His Defender could take care of anything.

Dietryk's HUD chirped indicating he was closing fast with the prison camp. He eased off on the throttle for a nice slow pass. He wanted to impress the commandant as well as that Hollymander fellow. The two had shared a common disdain for the Rebels. A common desire to make them pay in ways others would only dream of doing. It was his way of saying goodbye. As only a pilot knew how to do.

He could see SonTay prison camp in the distance sprawled out before him in all its menacing glory.

Dietryk slowed down to a crawl.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik, et al...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  9. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    OOC: @Vehn, you made my decision on whether to post this for me. Such timing!

IC: Baniss Vermillion

Baniss had already briefed the other three squadrons in the previous two days...with mixed results. The squadrons of the Intrepid had already faced TIE Defenders more than most other squadrons, but some things could be improved, especially involving data that they could use. However, some things had been productive.

Before talking to these squadrons, Baniss had briefly spoken to the CAG and gave him Intel’s latest data on the TIE Defender, hopefully, good enough to place as a module in the TIE simulators. He then forwarded the idea that the TIE and Rebel simulators be linked so they could fly against each other and create scenarios with which they could test ideas. I needed to make sure that some people know that we’re on the same team.

The Star Raiders had taken the news about as he expected. As a strike squadron, only the B-wings would be of much use against the Defender, but they were so reduced it may only lead to the complete destruction of the squadron.

Viper Squadron was cocky until the Defender’s speed was brought up. When they realized that they were now down a bit more than the X-wings, it filled Baniss up with glee. He really enjoyed deflating false confidence.

Intruder Squadron was a different story, they seemed ok until the question of tactics came up. Baniss made the mistake of looking at Maverick when he said that his best guess was sticking with your wingman when fighting a Defender.

With all three squadrons, it was encouraged that simulator work, both with the Defender and against it to develop more and better tactics was encouraged. Those three would listen at least.

Baniss listened with feigned inattention to Flagg with his briefing. He glanced and saw the frustration on the CAG’s face when he mentioned the discipline or the lack thereof, for the three culprits who had what amounted to a food fight onboard. Isn’t there something to keep them busy? Has this idiot heard of simulators? He glanced at Malek when Flagg mentioned the interrogation, Baniss hadn’t had a chance to talk to those two Imperial officers yet, but Baniss was thinking more about the approach and how many people they wanted to get out. I need to talk to those two…

While Baniss wanted to run with his own special experiment and speak in a monotone for his entire presentation, he also wanted to demonstrate to some that he could work as a team with personnel on the Intrepid. He cleared his throat, “I understand that this squadron is leading the entire Starfighter Command in encounters with TIE Defenders. I believe most encounters are with a squadron called Death’s Heads. Intercepts have them getting a little cocky.” He looked over at the aide by the wall, “Dim the lights please Ensign.

What followed next was a TIE Defender strike one on one, against each starfighter the Alliance currently used in major numbers. The interesting part from Baniss’s perspective was that each Alliance fighter’s flight profile was based on the profile of one of the pilots in the four squadrons onboard the Intrepid. The next was a simulated strike on the remains of the Black Sheep. Baniss spoke while the strike was ongoing, “The Defender project predates the Battle of Yavin by a number of years...at least two. Fortunately for us Tarkin, and what’s his face, Krennic, were idiots and we currently aren’t facing massed numbers of these starfighters. There is also a couple of Elite versions that sport eight hardpoints either with eight laser cannons or six laser cannons and two ion cannons. They are also faster than the base TIE Defenders.” He let the rest video finish in silence.

Once the presentation finished and the lights came up Baniss spoke again, “This was created with the ship’s computers and simulators, so you’ll be able to fly them when you get the chance. I urge you to do precisely that. Before you ask your questions, allow me to ask one first. I understand that one of the pilots in this squadron was trained with Defenders, why did Intelligence not get the chance to talk to her, or if they did, why did the good Commander Wallings not send her report up the chain of command?

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik, anyone in the briefing that would like to try to answer or ask that question.

10. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC: Ethan Malek, Amber Tehanis (combo with @Adalia-Durron)

Ethan was a bit surprised they had actually assigned him to another round of interrogation. After their actions two days prior he had suspected they would keep him out of things like that for a while, but it seemed there was no one else and so it had to be him. He saw how Amber sat forward to listen closely to the briefing. He still felt guilty for his role in the mischief they had caused and how it had forced them to spend their life days locked in their quarters. "Seems the Empire has finally realized they need to upgrade those flying coffins they call star fighters," he muttered towards his friend, after Flagg had stopped talking. "Bad for us tough if they get it done, the ones we face in the last few battles cost most of our losses." For a moment he thought back to Ditch and Turncoat who both had been killed by the advanced enemy fighters.

"We need all the help we can get." She whispered back. Before turning front again. She needed to listen to this.

Tag: Anyone

11. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Quite a fun combo with the entire Barracks 2 crew

IC Barracks Two crew, Feral, Artie, Traer, Joy, Lou, Kellit, The Squibs, the Admiral, Dennii, Aryan Graul
    Welcome to Barracks Two

Finnfrael “Feral” Ordwgal had seen the sign from the ranking officer and had kept the Barracks Two personnel on the parade ground, even as the heat rose, while the X Committee approached. He overhead snippets of their argument as they approached. The fact they were approaching he was sure he knew. With the burning of the HVP building the Imps had decided to bring the HVP’s to the other side of the camp, and since Barracks Two was the least full that meant they became his problem.

Before Major Hammond could even begin, the warning of an approaching Imp was given. Looking around the group he saw Sergeant Schlitz escorting three people, two men and a woman. He didn’t immediately recognize any of them but he could have sworn he saw a flicker of recognition in at least Joy’s eyes. He couldn’t say anything to the Barracks crew here but once they were back at the Barracks the discussion would truly begin.

He spun, facing the squad, “Traer,” and if any had looked closely they may have seen a slight smile touch one side of his lips, “You are the new guests guide and protector. Squad, dismissed to the Barracks.”

He turned back to the Major, “I will make sure they are settled in and once they are I’ll make sure to get you a report on them.”

Turning back toward the squad, he shook his head, knowing that even more new people around was going to hamper the escape efforts, but he had little choice, he couldn’t exactly tell the Imps no and survive. Instead he started off toward the barracks, already running through his mind what he might say to the newcomers.

Jocelyn's eyes widened slightly when she saw the new arrivals. She had focused on two of them, the middle aged man and the accompanying woman. Her parents. She wanted to scream from... joy and run to embrace them, but she knew better not to do that. A good officer has to keep calm and not show any emotion. Her parents seemed equally stunned, the former Admiral managed to maintain a sardonic smile aimed at their jailers and her mother tried not to stare at her.

Lou glanced over at the new arrivals. She could tell immediately that several of them meant something to Joy. That surprised her. The odds, the circumstances, and how small the galaxy suddenly became. Course she wasn't one to judge. Her ex husband kept turning up like a real bad credit. That was something she'd have to take care of and soon.

She winced as she shifted her weight. At least the improvised medical care had helped her start to return to normal. Emotionally, however, was an entirely different story. There would never be a normal. Well, perhaps, a "new" normal.

Kellit eyed the new arrivals. These were VIPs? Imperials. You could tell by the walk. He wondered what they had done to earn the Emperor's displeasure. They were important enough to keep alive. That was never a given in Imperial service.

Traer knew a punishment when he saw one. He'd made them panic, and Feral hated that. Traer glanced over at the newcomers, narrowing his eyes. Of course, the shortsighted Separatist didn't recognize any of them, though he did acknowledge that one of them had a certain air about them.

"Come on, you're with me."

He managed not to look at Sergeant Schlitz either.

After they were freed to go Jocelyn approached Feral after Traer left "Can I ask for a favour..." she was not sure how to proceed "... ummm... two of the newcomers... they..." she closed her eyes and sighed "... they are my parents and I very much would like to speak with them..." she opened her eyes and focused on Feral.

Feral had heard the footsteps approach as he headed toward the barracks. The somewhat, not indecisive but nervous tone to the question that Joy asked made him pause in his walk for a moment. The tone itself told him what Joy asked was quite important to her, given her normal, strong minded way of being. He looked over and saw Traer beginning to lead the three newcomers toward the Barracks.

Thinking for a moment, “When we reach the Barracks, after the introductions are done, yes that is possible, I wouldn’t be a tinpot dictator and keep a family separated. Just don’t make me regret the decision.”

Decision made, he turned back toward the Barracks, overhearing Riki and Tiki huddled together as they walked back to the Barracks.

"Did you hear that? Transfers from the HVP!"

"Yes, of course I heard, my ears are bigger than yours, that's why it's so easy to tell us apart."

"Don't even start with that; everybody knows my ears are longer than yours. It's a sign of my superior intellectual capacity."

"Then it's a wonder you have ears at all. Now hush so I can figure out what to do with the newbies."

"I hear everyone over in that part of the camp is stinking rich. That's useful."

"They don't have the money with them. And I'm reasonably certain their access to banking and financiers is just slightly restricted by living in a prison camp with no comms."

"Of course they don't have money with them. But they're people who are used to having money, which means they'll want things, and be willing to make deals to get the things they want."

"But what do they have to trade for these hypothetical things that they allegedly want?"

"We'll just have to find out, won't we?"

"Get in line, everyone else is going to talk to them first. We'll have to wait our turn. Maybe I'll have a chance to open negotiations while you're taking your shift in George."

"I was the last one in George. It's your turn to dig while I cover for you."

"What are you talking about? I covered your work two shifts in a row. It's your turn."

"You'd like that, wouldn't you? What are you planning behind my back?"

"Don't worry about it, you don't have the brains to understand my plans even if I spelled them out slowly in small words."

"I've got plenty of small words for you, peck."

"Ooh, devastating wit. I hope the police made you get a permit to use such deadly witticisms in civilized society."

Feral shook his head, wryly admitting to himself that those two would never changed. Reaching the Barracks he paused at the door as he saw Lou approach Joy.

"Friends of yours?" Lou asked Joy not having heard what she said to them earlier.

K'rill and Dennii were equally stunned to see their only daughter in prison, especially in the section reserved for Prisoners of War. Her father wanted to have a word with her about that, after all he had not raised a Rebel. They were assigned to a shifty looking man "So you will be our tour guide, eh?" he grinned "Show us the local sights."

Traer frowned, seeing something in K'rill and Dennii, though he couldn't put his finger on it. If he'd been more sociable, he would likely have seen the resemblance. "Tour guide, eh?" He grumbled. Definitely a punishment. "Why are you in here, first," Traer said, lifting a finger and beetling his brow.

His eyes roved to take in the others, to make clear his question applied to everyone, and not just the two who had spoken first. Otherwise, he walked slowly, wanting to take his time before the 'tour' began in earnest. Feral had handed him the ability to decide who could join their escape plan and who he could push out.

They didn't know that this was an audition.

Aryan Graul, who had made it a habit to keep primarily to himself, fell several paces behind the others and simply observed the beginnings of their conversation. In truth, he was trying to piece together a few things that felt…off. For one, there was the whole incident surrounding the fire. The Imps had made a point to execute that bumbling Gungan for her insolence, but they could’ve done so much more in response. Instead, they had merely ushered the survivors to another camp.

Why?

Sure, there were probably some restrictions in place since they considered Aryan and his companions ‘high profile’, but they had been here for months; in some cases, years. Their usefulness was likely wearing thin. The Imps could have easily turned this into a spectacle by publicly executing a handful of prominent faces live on the HoloNet. That would’ve made quite the impression to the rest of the galaxy.

But that never happened. In fact, they never even lifted a finger. That bothered Aryan more than he cared to admit.

And now, as they arrived at their new accommodations, the Senator’s mood failed to improve. Maybe it was the wide array of personalities that occupied the space, or the squirrelly man now serving as their ‘tour guide’. He wasn’t entirely sure. The overall vibe reminded him of a primitive commune with its own social hierarchy and rules. He wasn’t exactly thrilled to become the newest member of this odd gathering of misfits.

His subdued tone echoed these sentiments as Aryan canted his head and finally addressed their informal tour guide. “You mean, what crimes have we committed?” A wry grin pulled at the corner of the Senator’s mouth. “There was no crime. Unless you consider the oath I took to serve on the body in which I was elected a crime.”

Aryan inclined his chin and held the young man’s gaze. “I guess that’s all up to personal interpretation, but let me say this – things became awfully complicated once Palpatine decided to dissolve the Senate.”

Jocelyn nodded to Feral "You will not regret it, I promise!" she said to him and sensed someone approaching her. It was Lou, it was good to see her on her feet, not that her friend had much choice in that matter, but still "Yes, they are my parents..." Joy managed to smile. For the first time in many years her cold and reserved demeanour had been cracked and she did not care about it, not in the least…

“Parents,” Lou repeated. She still was a bit out of it so anything out of the ordinary threw her, “that is something else. Small galaxy, huh? Be nice if we could get out of this place soon and get back to what we do best.”

Joy nodded absently to Lou, she was still focused on the fact that her parents were alive and here from all the places. What were the odds? "Yeah, though I am not sure my father would approve of my career choice."

Artie watched this all unfold with a sense of pleasure. It was nice to see Joy looking happy. After what she had been through at least she could get some comfort from that.

He let Joy and Lou talk, they hadn't had a private chat since they arrived. Plus he couldn't do anything here. Perhaps he would keep an eye on Traer and the new people.

He headed back to the barracks as instructed. It was getting hot out here again anyway.

The Admiral kept his grin though he wanted to meet with his daughter, but had to keep the façade. His wife was anxious too, but managed to keep a calm face. Jocelyn took after her in that regard. So the younger guy was a Senator, interesting, hopefully he was not as useless as the politicians that he used to know. "I was set up... stabbed in the back, by a human Gamorrean..." K'rill decided to omit the fact that he was an Imperial Admiral. "And my only crime was that I am married to him." Dennii said with a wry smile.

Traer couldn’t keep the sides of his mouth from dropping. A senator and a marital skirmish that resulted in imprisonment in an Imperial prisoner... which also meant politics or government of some kind.

His logical mind saw the usefulness of former Imperials but his emotional part just saw a group of traitors. He opted to embrace the latter.

“I’m a Separatist, so I imagine I’ve had a harder time of it than you. The others are a spread of Rebels and ex-collaborators if it helps.”

K'rill's grin disappeared, a Separatist, his face darkened. He clenched and unclenched his fist. Dennii touched his softly on the elbow. The Admiral gave her a "don't-worry-look". Another thing that worried him was the fact that they were closed in with Rebels, so where did that put Jocelyn?

Feral kept his position in the entry to the Barracks, keeping an eye on Traer and his charges. His eyes also wandered around the enclosure, sliding across the guards in their towers and those on patrol. When he looked back to the little group he could almost feel the tension from where he stood. Looking back up at the guards did nothing to lessen the tension in the air.

Raising his voice so it carried to the group, “Traer, enough politics, the guards look like they’re soon to desire blaster tenderized Seppie for dinner so get your little group inside.”

He’d overheard enough of the discussion to hazard a guess as to where the male of the couple fell in the spectrum of those in here. At the same volume but a gentler tone, “Sir, I request that you withhold judgement on those here until you get to know the individuals. But your daughter wishes to speak to you and, as I’m sure you know, the midday heat is not something to be out in, as long as the guards allow.”

He turned to the woman, “Ma’am.” he nodded to her.

And to the third, a wry smile, “Senator.”

Traer sketched a lazy salute. "Of course, sir."

He turned away from them, arching an eyebrow slightly at the mention of the daughter, and glanced back in time to see that wry smile. He best not be including a politician in the mix. A sardonic grin. He'll have a rebellion on his hands if he does.

Good for him.

Aryan wasn’t fazed by the young man’s admission that he was a Separatist. It was an archaic concept that had quickly faded from the galaxy's awareness with the emergence of the Empire and the Galactic Civil War. Most of the remaining cells were on the verge of collapse. He almost felt sorry for the bemused young man, if not for the veracity behind his statement and the reproachful look that accompanied it. The man almost appeared proud, perhaps even vengeful and arrogant. Was he a radical seeking an accord? Restitution?

Either way, he wasn't on the same level as those fighting for the Rebel Alliance. He had a feeling he could be dangerous, which brought a sneer to the Senator’s lips. If he had the time, he would’ve given the young man a piece of his mind about what he truly thought about his principles, but fortunately, they were all spared the trouble when a dark-haired man stepped forward and issued instructions.

Gritting his teeth, Aryan offered a slight nod to acknowledge the man’s greeting before angling a sideways glance at the young Separatist. He studied him a moment longer, an impish grin playing over his features, and then he pushed ahead to enter the barracks.

TAGS: @Bardan_Jusik, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @TheAdmiral, @Vehn @Mistress_Renata, @Sarge, @Sinrebirth, @HanSolo29

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Alec Fenton, Jeen Talgana (Thanks to @Anedon!)
    Hangar Deck - The Intrepid - fiddling with a lemon!!

Alec bit his lip as the connection still spit out sparks even after his fourth try to get it right. "Honestly do they go back and add some more problems to this every time we go to sleep?" he muttered more to himself. After what had happened in the kitchen he wouldn't be surprised. Yet despite the punishments they had received for it, Alec had to admit to himself that he didn't feel particularly guilty over the whole incident. It had been fun and probably been his first honest laugh in many days.

Jeen snorted. "You know, I wouldn't put that past them, but I doubt they want the pilot dead. The rate on that in this squadron is pretty high already." He had one of the engines open and was attempting to find an oil leak. "I just think they are running out of ships, and pilots for that matter."

"Ethan's been telling them that for quite some time now," Alec said as he started another try to fix the connection. "Thing is can't fight the Empire by attrition. In the time they are crowing about that one Star Destroyer they took down, the Empire has already pressed a few thousand more youngsters into their ranks to make up for their losses." That was at least what Ethan had told him but having read quite a lot Alec could only agree with the old man's assessment. For a brief moment his thoughts moved to his little cousin, where was he at the moment? Was he even still alive or had the empire already send him to his death in some pointless battle.

"Yeah, seems that way. Just canon fodder mostly I guess....." he trailed off as he'd found the leak. "Kriff it!! I need a new steel mesh conduit, this one's got a worn hole. Its been leaning against the engine housing." He sighed loudly as he wiped his hands on his coveralls, "And more oil."

"Any idea where we could get one from?" Alec asked. He knew his family was selling them back on Corellia but that didn't help them here at all. "Maybe there are other half ruined ships like this one but with a working conduit we could use?"

Jeen stepped back, the oil was dripping and under a decent amount of control right now, but it had to be fixed. Putting his hands on his hips looked around considering his options when his eyes fell on the damaged and half built N1 Starfighter. A slow smile came to his face. "I have an idea."

TAG @Bardan_Jusik

13. Bodhran777

Bodhran777 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2019
    OOC: Sorry for my absence. Events are forcing me to play catch-up on many posts.

IC: Ven Tarin, R2-E6 “Zen”

Briefing #2 – New TIEs

Days had passed since the last briefing, the day Ven had arrived onboard. Since then, he had observed the other pilots carrying on with their own business, some getting in more trouble than others and managing to get confined to their bunks for it. He, however, had kept mostly to himself, occasionally sharing a drink with the maintenance crew to relax, and otherwise working on his ship. Since the last engagement he’d been in, there were parts to fix or replace, new paint to apply, and tweaks to be made to the avionics and controls. All in all, it had kept him plenty busy, and he didn’t want putting off a simple fix to land him on the KIA board.

Now that Intel was paying them a visit, he was curious what they had to say. No doubt it was to hear about current enemy capabilities, and, as he understood it, Black Sheep had plenty of experience, good and bad, with the new stuff.

After herding into the briefing room, on-time this time around, with everyone else, Ven took a seat near the end of a row. Once intros were made by Flagg, and their new friend Agent Baniss Vermillion launched into his presentation, Ven sat silently, watching the simulations against Alliance ships and the Defender model. Seemed the Empire was actually improving their capabilities, rather than simply sticking to the old TIEs that made up the bulk of their navy fighters. Flying one was like riding a glass ball strapped to a torpedo with 2 big “Hit Me!” signs stuck to the sides, in his opinion. This one, however, seemed more interesting, and if there was an option to test drive a simulator, he’d be tempted to take it. Better still if someone managed to nab an actual Defender and let the pilots take a joy ride.

Judging by the results of the simulators, Ven guessed he’d want the ion cannons on his Y-Wing to be in top shape if they ran afoul of a Defender. There was also another feature Ven noticed on the simulator, judging by the blast deflections.

“Well, the Imps finally figured out what a deflector shield is for,” he quipped quietly. “You’d think all that military funding would turn out a prettier ship, though.”

Ven gave a quick look around the room, trying to judge the other pilots’ reactions while the Agent asked his question.

TAG:
    @Bardan_Jusik et al

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Eliana Saeli & Alec Cadera
    Port side pilot's ready room, rebel carrier Intrepid. Two days later...

Eliana knew she was lucky to be alive. And that Alec was equally as lucky. They had gone down hard, and crashed their Y-Wing. Eliana was aware that it was dangerous, and she knew they might not be found. That they weren't more badly hurt then they were. Besides a few scrapes and bruises, Alec was doing well. Eliana had managed to escape with a good looking cut across her cheek and some bruising as well. It looked bad, but Eliana felt better now that they had been rescued and were back on the Intrepid.

It was nice to be alone with Alec for a little while. Even if he does ask too many questions sometimes. Still, he is rather nice. And I've never learned so much about Mandalorians before. Besides the Rebellion on Naboo, this is the first time I've gotten close to anyone in a long time. It's nice; to be apart of something again.

Alec looked at her with a small smile; and Eliana gave him a stern look, a little mocking; and she turned away from him with a wink.

As they walked through the door and noticed Taab's shocked look they straightened out and saluted him before taking their seats with a sharp, "Sir." directed toward Commander Flagg. Eliana leaned a little closer to Alec as the briefing continued and he placed a hand a little close to her leg, drawing comfort from her presence. They might not have a ship yet, but Alec mused, at least they were back with the Rebellion. It wasn't as if he didn't trust Eliana, but he needed to get in contact with his own officers. He needed to make sure things were still alright at home.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @Rebecca_Daniels @Mistress_Renata @Sarge @Adalia-Durron @galactic-vagabond422 @Mitth_Fisto @Corellian_Outrider @The Real Kyp Durron @Bodhran777 @adaml83

15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jocelyn "Joy" Sunwalker, former Admiral K’rill Sunwalker, Doctor Dennii Ordonnen Sunwalker

The Sunwalker couple stood there in silence. Facing them was their daughter, Jocelyn. Something very rare was happening at that moment. The usually stone faced, stoic that was the former Imperial Pilot was now showing something very human… emotion. Tears of joy were streaming down her cheeks, and a broad smile on her face. The Admiral, due to his long years of experience, was more capable than masking his true feelings. He covered it all with a slight ironic smile, but looks could be deceiving. His heart was racing, emotions boiling underneath the surface.

His wife, however, could not hide her emotions. Tears of joy were streaming down her cheek, mirroring her daughter. She was about to take a step towards her, but the Admiral stopped her with a hand.

“Is that how you greet a superior officer, Lieutenant?” he asked mock-sternly.

Jocelyn’s spine straightened. It was both serious and an inside joke to them. Her father had taught her how to stand in attention and how to properly salute an officer.

“Lieutenant Jocelyn Sunwalker, IP-1864, reporting for duty, sir!”

That was an automatic reaction, drilled in her by both her father and then by the Imperial Military. She could see that he was pleased by her reaction. Dennii was annoyed by these theatrics. “K’rill, cut the poodoo, this is our daughter for the crying out loud!” she tugged his elbow.

The Admiral chuckled “At ease, Lieutenant!” he beckoned her which she quickly obliged. The trio embraced, now the three of them were sobbing. “Did the ISB arrest you too?” her father asked as he wiped his eyes.

Jocelyn pulled away from the embrace and looked away. She was thinking how to tell them, so she took a deep breath and then exhaled “Well, not exactly, I got captured after me and my new Squadron blew up a Star Destroyer and someone from my former one shot me down, so I had to go EV.”

“You joined them!?” he hissed and narrowed his eyes.

Joy opened her mouth to respond, to defend herself, but her mother beat her to it. “It doesn’t matter right now! She is alive and in this case unfortunately she is with us. I wish she was still free...”

Her father grunted “We will talk about it later.” he said, but she could sense that he was not so terribly angry and the fact that she was alive was enough for him. She knew that he had to maintain appearances, though she would have to find a way to explain to him that she still believed that the Empire could be reformed for the better.

“And Anais?” Dennii asked.

“She helped me escape before the ISB could come and arrest me...” Joy saw her parents’ surprised reaction “Then I had to find something to do, I did not want to become a smuggler, nor join any of the crime syndicates. Besides I was angry at the people who had done this to us, so I joined the Alliance. They are good people, some are a tad naive, but nevertheless their hearts are in the right place. I was assigned to be a Sergeant in this combined squadron, the Black Sheep.” she did not tell them that the Rebels did not trust her and she did not see much action before Hoth.

Her father scoffed at the demotion, but she ignored him “On one of the missions we stumbled upon Anais and she expressed her wish to defect. She is still being debriefed, or at least was before I got captured.”

The Admiral chuckled “Oh I am sure some people on Eriadu won’t like that… not at all...” He did not like the family of his daughter’s girlfriend.

Jocelyn smiled “They call me Joy now.” she also did not tell them that this nickname was given in jest and was diametrically opposite to her demeanour.

“Aww...” her mother touched her arm “I am so glad that you found new friends.” she looked past Jocelyn’s shoulder and saw Lou “That girl is hurt, I will go check on her.”

Jocelyn turned her head and felt a sudden rush of embarrassment. She had forgotten about Lou, she was so focused on her parents that made her forget about her friend. “Oh yes, please do!” she lead her to Lou “I would like you to meet, Doctor Dennii Sunwalker, the finest physician in the Galaxy.” she smiled broadly to her “My mother.” she then turned to her parent “This is Lieutenant Louise Gray, but you can call her Lou. My best friend!”

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn Anyone else in the barracks

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Amber Tehanis
    Breifing room - The Intrepid

Amber listened carefully but when the man mentioned the team had someone who knew the craft she scowled. 'We do........or we did. Why didn't we ask her?' It had not occurred to her before that and now it was a burning question. "I'd like to know why we didn't ask as well." She muttered. It was astounding they'd been facing the Defenders and the Skulls and all the while an expert right under their noses. She glanced at Flagg, did he have the same question? Was Wallings holding back in hopes of the Sheep failing? She turned back to Baniss, she wanted to get into Sims now with her new knowledge.

TAG @adaml83 @Bardan_Jusik Anyone else who'd like to question this interesting piece.

17. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Ianna Mcear
    Briefing room

It was so nice to finally get out of her room. There was only so many conversations one can have with a plant. On the plus side she did get very good at some ball skills with her bolo ball so it wasn't all bad. It also gave her time to think, to think about Jeen, even though every time she did there was this cold feeling washing over her. She could still feel the sedative rushing through her every time her mind brought him up. Even with all that, she didn't hate him, she could never hate anyone. She just felt like she couldn't trust him. That if it came to it, he wouldn't catch her if she fell, that he wouldn't hold her if she cried. There was still a small part of her that cared, that even loved him but it was bruised and hurting. Maybe she should talk to him? If he would give her the time of day. But she feared that, what if she got emotional again, would he shut her down again? Would he try and stop her from feeling? This kept her in a spiral for far too long, wanting to talk to him but unable to do so out of fear of him doing something other than holding her to stop it.

She sat attentively listening to the briefing on TIE Defenders, she didn't know much but she did know some, from her previous engagements and from what little Joy had told her. They were not to be messed with and her Y-Wing was ill equipped to handle them. She did her best though. However her eyes lit up hearing that Mixer and Alor had survived, she'd thought she was the only member of Charlie flight to make it back home. Her heart was so filled with joy that when the pair made their entrance Ianna couldn't help herself getting up from her seat and rushing over to hug both of them as hard as she could. Part of her never wanted to let go, to never lose another friend.

The rest of the briefing was of little consequence to her. She knew enough about defenders, and she would know more once she got Joy back. Why weren't they talking about that? Why weren't they planning to get their friends out of that terrible place? They couldn't leave them there forever. This waiting was getting maddening.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron @Bardan_Jusik @TheSilentInfluence Anyone else.

18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC: Ethan Malek
    Briefing

Ethan raised an eyebrow at the explanations about the TIE defenders. Tarkin an idiot? Had this man any idea what he was talking about? Surely he had never heard of Q'anah and her marauders, of Berch Teller or the myriad others Tarkin had send to their graves. Ethan had read the reports of the battle of Yarvin, if the Death Star had lasted ten seconds longer it would have been the end of the Rebellion. Certainly closer to victory than a few stronger TIEs had ever gotten the Empire.

Though Ethan had to admit there was some truth to the question asked, even if he wasn't surprised by this, whether it being incompetence or more sinister motives their leaders had rarely shown any foresight to consider things like that before. He incline his head towards Amber. "Honestly with a leadership like ours I would have been more surprised if they actually had asked about things like this. But it also opens up another question. If someone in our squadron knew, why didn't they never opened up on their end?"

Tag: @Adalia-Durron

19. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    OOC: This is a combo post between me and @Vehn Always a pleasure!

IC: Louise "Lou" Gray, Jocelyn "Joy" Sunwalker, Doctor Dennii Ordonnen Sunwalker

Lou stood a little straighter, though not without grimacing and a lot of pain, as she extended a hand to Jocelyn's mother, Dennii. She felt relieved to actually have a real doctor in front of her. Relieved to know that perhaps, in some way, her physical pain and suffering would be coming to a close. What dwelled inside her head, what tormented her mind, would take longer to heal.

She wished she'd been able to shower. She was still wearing her sticky, sweaty, broken, light clothes that she typically wore under her orange jumpsuit which was long gone. Removed by the Imperials when they'd also removed her child.

"A pleasure to meet you. I'm lead for Charlie Flight in the Black Sheep and Joy here is one of our best pilots and an even better friend. She and I have been through some things and I would trust her with my life. She's shown herself to be capable, compassionate, and intelligent. I don't know where I'd be at this point without her helping me recover."

Dennii smiled warmly and took the hand careful not to hurt her. "No need to stand up." she said "Sit, sit." she urged her "I can see that you are in pain. They must have beaten you pretty hard?" the elder Sunwalker said "As it does not appear to be injuries from a crash, besides they are too fresh. Tell me exactly how you feel and where it hurts, if you want Jocelyn can step away if you don't want her to listen?" she was all professional now, ignoring the girl's comments about her daughter.

Lou relaxed. Eager to be seen by a medical professional. "The Imperials," Lou began, "they tortured me pretty hard when I got here. Nearly broke my left arm, smashed in my right hip with a pipe, and took my face to town with their gloved fists. I'm not looking for miracles but I'm looking for a chance to get back into the fight. I have some unfinished business to take care of."

Lou smiled and looked at Joy and gave her a wink, "No, it's ok if Joy is here. She's all I've got left at this place. The one thing keeping me from losing my mind. Tell me, what brought you to SonTay?"

Dennii touched here and there. Pushed in some places asking whether it hurt or not. The arm was broken alright, they needed to make a better cast or there might be complications when healing. Her hip was damaged, that too needed attention. The bruising and the face will heal. "Now, you were asking me how we ended up here." she smiled sadly "It was because of Zsinj. He set up my husband, but he managed to strike a deal with the ISB to keep Jocelyn out of prison, after all she had been a promising officer in the Imperial Navy. They agreed to take me and K'rill, but spare her."

Jocelyn's face visibly blanched, she had not known this bit of information. She opened her mouth to speak but her mother stopped her. "It was for the best, besides you managed to do some good, despite what your father thinks about your choices." Dennii half turned then focused back on Lou "You need to see a gynaecologist, you were pregnant, weren't you? Did the beating induce a miscarriage?" she looked concerned "I am sorry to be asking so bluntly."

Lou grimaced. Not from the touch of Dennii's kind hands but from the ever present reminder of what she had lost. What had been taken from her by her evil ex husband. She withdrew, emotionally, for just a second as the storm raged inside of her once more. The storm of anguish, sorrow, and revenge.

"I was..." Lou's voice shook as tears slipped down her face, "I was..."

She clenched her fists. She wanted to wrap them around DIetryk's throat. Wanted to crush his windpipe and make him suffer an agonizingly slow death. The kind reserved for traitors on some worlds. She knew the question hadn't meant to trigger her but it did and stirred something dark and dangerous deep inside of her.

"I was pregnant," Lou choked out, "but I was wounded in battle against the Empire. My womb was damaged by shrapnel. The Empire recovered me from deep space and their medical team decided my life was more important than that of my unborn child. I was forced to watch the surgery, here on SonTay, by a very cruel and twisted man. It was made clear to me that the shrapnel had fatally damaged my baby. There was no hope but the knowledge of what happened hasn't made it easier for me. Nothing has been easy since the day I discovered what truly happened. So, to answer your question, the beating did not induce a miscarriage. My ex husband induced the physical and emotional trauma you are witnessing today."

Dennii gave a compassionate look "I know that saying I am sorry to hear that will not help." she paused "I can't even fathom to imagine what you had to go through." the doctor looked back to Jocelyn for a second. Her daughter was pale from the shock but silent. There was nothing to be said "Despite my husband's view about this, the system allowed for such cruel and evil people to rise, to corrupt the Empire from within." she sighed and looked down "You should rest, you will need your strength, I will look around to see what I can do to help you. If you need anything, just ask me or Jocelyn." she gave a motherly smile to the young woman.

"Thank you," Lou replied as she slipped back into her bunk to rest up.

Dennii turned to Joy “I will talk with that leader of yours, the handsome young man, to see if there are any more who need treatment and also to see what we can do in terms of medical supplies.” Jocelyn nodded “Oh, by the way, keep your father distracted, I don’t want him to get into an awkward situation as soon as we have arrived. It won’t do any good if he just starts convincing them the merits of returning to Imperial service.” she chucked and saw her daughter grin as well.

The Doc collected her thoughts and headed towards Feral “May I speak with you for a moment?”

TAG: @darthbernael @Bardan_Jusik @Vehn @Sinrebirth @Jerjerrod-Lennox @Sarge @Mistress_Renata @HanSolo29

20. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2018
    Ic: MacKenzie Hollymander
    Briefing - The Intrepid.

40 odd hours or more had passed. To much time to think and too long in his mind to wait. There had been suggestion of rescue but little or no plan thus far. MacKenzie stood near Cassell with his arms folded listening to the new intel and the same question he’d posed to himself was being asked. Why had no one asked the now missing and captured former Imperial pilot about the craft in question? The leadership on board The Intrepid certainly required more investigation and he’d come to the undisputable conclusion there was indeed a hole that needed plugging. When ships got leaks like this and the bulkheads not closed: They sank.

Glancing over he noted Amber intently listening and he was in two minds to that. She seemed to have gotten over his words and that was good. Though it annoyed him she’d recovered so quickly. He hadn't. He’d begun to wonder how fool hardy and dangerous a potential rescue mission could and would be. It did seem a little insane to him to risk sacrificing the squadron to rescue two pilots. One of which was a suspected spy. He’d listen to any potential plan but make his decision on participation afterwards.

Tag @Bardan_Jusik

21. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: A nice little combo with @TheAdmiral

IC Feral and Dennii
    Welcome to the Chaos

Feral waited until everyone had reentered the Barracks, at least that he could see, before he shut the door. He could tell that the new events had shaken the squad, to a degree, new faces so soon after they received the two women would certainly do that. He shook his head, knowing another meeting of the X-Committee would be coming soon as they tried to determine who among the newest of the new entries would be able to assist in getting them all out.

He turned and leaned against the doorframe. Trusting his lookout was important but keeping an eye on a few of his charges was also important. He scanned the space, noting that, for the moment the Squibs and Traer still seemed to be present. A small smile crossed his face, ”Of course Traer has a task so he’s a little reined in.” he muttered to himself.

In one corner he saw Joy, Lou, and her mother talking and Lou getting some medical attention, it seemed. He filed away in his memory that Joy’s mother was in the medical field in some way or another so that was something potentially very helpful for the squad.

He kept his semi-relaxed pose against the doorframe as he ran through the last day or two and he still had to decide how deeply to bring Joy and Lou into their plans, which may have just gotten more complicated due to the seeming loyal Imp bent of her dad, not to mention the Senator. ’Ugh, politics.’ he thought as he began running through what he may say to the Major later.

He was distracted enough that he almost missed as Joy’s mother turned from assisting Lou and walked over to him. He was able to notice in time to be able to recover from his relaxed pose as she closed and catch what he said.

“May I speak with you for a moment?”

He nodded, ”Of course, Ma’am, what can I do for you?”

Dennii paused for a moment trying to formulate her question and requests "I gather you are the leader of the Barracks?" she maintained eye contact "I am a trained Doctor and I am willing to help the people here. I just visited my first patient and would like to know if there are any others in need of assistance. After that I would like to discuss the medical supplies' situation."

Feral could see the strength in this woman and knew she was doing her best to not judge them as rebels and traitors so he nodded, ”Yes Ma’am, I’m the one who is in charge of those assigned to this Barracks. I appreciate your offer and I’m sure everyone else, including surly Traer, will appreciate it as well. Currently the worst wounded are Lou and your daughter, having just recently come from being interrogated. Traer and his hulking shadow, as well as the Squibs often get scraped up, and there are the occasional other injuries, but luckily you caught us at a good moment.”

He sighed, [color= 643200]”As to supplies, it’s extremely basic, mostly the homemade items that we scrape together, or can scrounge from the medics if someone gets sent there. The guards don’t really care if we get badly mangled as long as we don’t die without authorization.”[/color]

Dennii nodded "Jocelyn is not that hurt, but her friend was beaten up pretty hard." she pursed her lips "But whoever patched her up did a good job." she thought for a moment "Can't such things be procured? Is there anyone who is good at such a thing? Maybe someone helping in the infirmary?"

The corner of Feral’s lip turned up at the news about Joy ”I’m glad to have a medical opinion about Joy but was concerned Lou is as bad off as she seemed when she arrived.”

He turned the beginnings of a chuckle into a cough, ”Apologies, Ma’am. We are lucky to get any medical attention but I can speak to the Major and see if there is anyone who works in the infirmary. However, I’d imagine anything that was taken from that place was smuggled out, at great risk as they truly do not care how injured we are, as long as we yet live. As to procuring such things.” He kept his gaze on Dennii, making sure not to let his eyes shift toward the Squibs, ”I can see if someone can scrounge them.”

For a moment his eyes looked sad, ”I know you are Joy’s parents but we’re still trying to sort out much about her and Lou and were getting close to deciding on that when last night happened and now we have you, your husband, and a former Senator. Many here hold no love for anything Imperial and so stay pretty close mouthed until sure those sent here aren’t spies for the guards. And these are my kids, so to speak, right now and I do want to help a true doctor, but still have to protect them.”

Dennii gave a dry chuckle "I am not much of an Imperial." she smiled "Though my husband would be problematic about it." she gave a sidelong glance at him "As for my daughter, I haven't seen her for several years and cannot really say, but if she had decided to join the Rebellion I am sure she is loyal, though I am her mother and you have no reason to trust my word about it."

Feral chuckled as well, this time, ”All people have here, at the start, is their word. And we soon find out if it’s good or not. I'm willing to accept yours about her, but still have to let things settle out before full trust is extended. These kids have been fighting a fight they see is right, but most outside the senior officers weren’t there when it began, that bloody night when Order 66 was given.” His voice caught, for a moment at the memory of that night.

Composing himself quickly, ”Both sides have a mixture of those who believe deeply, those who are just trying to do what’s right, just doing a job, and those who enjoy the death and destruction. So I wouldn’t judge your husband as one kind or another without getting to know him.”

Dennii shrugged "It is easy to misjudge him, but I will let him speak for himself." she smiled "I was never political, even when I was part of the Judicials, but that is another matter. I am a Doctor so I will do whatever I can to keep the people alive, if not healthy."

”Politics here doesn’t help any of us. It’s survival right now, and I intend to keep everyone here alive, if possible. Some would disagree,” this time his eyes did dart toward Traer, ”but all I truly want right now is that. Later, if we survive there can be such discussions.”

Dennii nodded "Agreed." she smiled "Well I better do my rounds then, see if anyone needs medical assistance. Good talking to you."

Feral nodded to her, ”My pleasure, Ma’am. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to ask.”

He moved away from the door and headed to his bunk to try to get a little rest before the guards came to put them to their daily duties, in the sweltering heat.

TAGS: @TheAdmiral, @Bardan_Jusik, @Vehn, @Sinrebirth, @Jerjerrod-Lennox, @Sarge, @Mistress_Renata, @HanSolo29

22. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    A joint post with @Corellian_Outrider, which is always a pleasure! Hope I got the colors right; the drop down buttons don't have labels. :)

Maxime "Max" Pallas
    , Cassell "Skipper" Wystari
    Black Sheep hangar, Intrepid, a few days earlier

It's a real thing? Max shook her head in disbelief. So an 'accident review board' wasn't just something Flagg had dreamed up to get her out of his hair. Well, okay, the assignment of her was probably to keep her out of his hair, but it was a real thing; a convening of officers to determine the causes and possible culpability of accidents. First things first, she needed to come up with a roster of officers to serve on the board. Flagg himself was a given, as squadron leader, and he had the rank. And Lt. Felix, the Flight Operations officer. The Deck Chief was also an obvious choice, and she'd pull in one or two officers from the other squadrons. She glanced around the deck to see if she could spot Tyr, but instead she saw Skipper. And she still had to ask him about her mail! Well, this accident review thing could wait a few minutes. She walked over towards him quickly, wanting to intercept him before someone swooped in to ask him a question or divert his attention.

Cassell lumbered back to his “home”. Having come from the infirmary, he was advised that his foot was mending though they had firmly suggested for him to continue using the cane for the moment. He felt like ditching the blasted thing. Just breathe...

By his peripheral, he caught movement at the corner of his eye and turned to see someone heading in his direction. It took a second to recognise who it was and he smiled.

“Flight Officer Pallas.” He bowed his head in greeting. “You are a rare sight.”

Max smiled. "You're a busy man," she said. "It's hard to catch up to you." She glanced down and indulged in her home language. <<How is your foot? I didn't get the full story from Digger; he only knows what he witnessed.>>

“I could say the same for you as we keep missing each other.” Cassell smiled <<I am afraid to say that the foot will remain attached...>> He answered back in their native tongue and winked. <<So much for an upgrade...>> he gestured for her to walk with him, his tone became more somber. <<It was a culmination of circumstances. Escaping the Bith Marquis... the Imperials were onto us and a squad of troopers were between the team and myself. Zephyr took them by surprise, the airlock blew out... I slammed into Digger as Zephyr used an unpowered electrowhip to catch us. She caught my ankle as the suction ejected us out and cut into the flesh. Everyone else tumbled along and the momentum cleared us through. If not for your droid being in the place it was and Zephyr’s actions... I would not be amongst the living.>> he inclined his head to Max. <<Whether intentional or not, your droid saved my life and has my thanks.>>

Max grinned. <<Some people believe droids only follow their programming, but I sometimes wonder if some of them evolve beyond that? I know that if I ever lose him, with all his programming, I'm going to be a wreck. He's probably my best friend.>> She hesitated. <<Who is Zephyr? Have I met him? The name isn't familiar.>>

Cassell smiled at what Max had said about Digger. The question about Zephyr caused him to arch his brow.

<<You haven’t heard of Zephyr yet? She is the annoying pain in the rear end Nosaurian who came back with me on my last cargo run.>>

<<No, I haven't met her. Invited herself along?>> And then she remembered. <<Oh, I meant to ask...was there any mail for me? That's the main reason I kept hoping to find you...I just wondered...?>>

<<She did indeed-Ah yes... there is something for you.>> Cassell looked to the Valkyria, they were close to the boarding ramp. <<You are welcome to come aboard while I’ll fetch it for you.>>

Max smiled as she looked around the ship. She hadn't been aboard since the disastrous meeting before the wedding mission. The functionality, sturdy design...it all said Corellia to her. How long had it been since she'd been home? It occurred to her that she'd been away almost as long as she'd lived there on her homeworld. And no sign of returning soon. A depressing thought. Mom, please look after all the folks back home. I really want to see them again when all this is over.

She took an appreciative sniff --something good was cooking-- and waited.

Cassell went to his cabin to fetch the mail for Max. From a secure location, he pulled out the sealed mail and a box. Closing the safe and compartment back all up and then left the cabin. As he made his way back, a voice called out from the galley.

That you, Skipper?”

“Aye.” He said as he stopped by the accessway. “Officer Pallas is here and there’s mail for her.”

“Good, she can test this new batch.” Zephyr said. “I’d get Ody in here but he is probably biased.”

“Right..” He muttered.

“I need a larger sample size and feedback to get accolades from. Go, bring her!”

Cassell grimaced. Another of her money making schemes though at least this time they get meals from it, even if her antics are making a dent in the food stores. A supply run would be in order soon. “I’ll ask her if she is hungry. I’m more than happy to invite her to lunch, just not to be a test subject.”

“Test subject? I’ve already tested it on Ody, you and Pussycat and no complaints there.”

Cassell arched his brow and shook his head. “I’ll be back.” He sighed and continued along the corridor to the main hold.

<<Sorry about the wait...>> Cassell said as he found Max. <<I’ve kept these safe for you... and the box is a gift, just a little something.>>

Max took the mail eagerly, and grinned at the coding. Yes, there was definitely one from her Dad. <<A gift? You didn't have to do that!>> she exclaimed. The box was surprisingly heavy. She cracked it open and gasped in delight. A Corellian sandpanther, sculpted out of some type of metal, brushed to a soft golden sheen, with two sparkling gemstones for eyes. <<It's wonderful! Where did you get this? You didn't have to do this!>> She grinned and quirked an eyebrow at him. <<You're not implying that I'm poisonous, I hope?>> There was venom in the creature's claws, even a scratch could be deadly. Fortunately, they were shy creatures, rarely encountered.

<<Nothing nefarious like that.>> Cassell chuckled. <<It is a gift, a token of home. I thought you might appreciate it.>>

<<It's absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Skipper. I'll treasure it. Guess I'd better let you get back to work. I don't suppose you'd be willing to serve on an accident review board?>> she added hopefully.

<<You’re most welcome.>> Cassell smiled at how Max took to the gift. His eyes widen a fraction at the offer. That was a surprise. <<Ah, me? A member of an accident review board?>> He paused as he considered her proposal. <<What would that entail? What incident is being reviewed?>>

Whirling of servos and treads increased as a treadwell droid rolled into the hold. It’s photoreceptors looked to both of them and warbled an apologetic note to them.

<<Matey is sorry to interrupt but Zephyr sent him to bring us to the galley for lunch. >> Cassell translated for Max. <<You are welcome to join us...>>

Max glanced from Skipper to the droid. <<I'd love to, if you're sure I'm not intruding. I really want to find out what smells so good. I'll tell you about the accident review board over lunch. It's apparently a real thing; I thought Flagg was just making it up.>>

<<That would be great, I be curious to know what this is all about. As for lunch, of course you’re aren’t intruding! You are our guest and there’s plenty of food to go ‘round. Believe you me.>> Cassell let out a good natured chuckle and waved for her to follow him to the galley. <<Besides, one can’t get work done on an empty stomach.>>

Max nodded agreement, and they headed towards the dining area, ready to enjoy whatever Zephyr had cooked up for them.

TAG: Anyone

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  23. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2018
    Ic Saxon Hollymander
    SonTay POW - Officers Quarters

Having watched the fire extinguished and the remaining political prisoners moved to barracks there was little more to do. Returning to his quarters Saxon began sifting through the holo of his interrogation. He knew ‘they’ were together or at least serving in the same Rebel Cell. He wondered if they knew each other or had figured out his connection in all this. It mattered little as Amber believed him dead and she would have passed that information on to Mac. He gave a twisted smile as his brother hated that name and he knew if he got the chance he would use it. It was the name his father had used when he would punish the boy. Saxon had always enjoyed watching his father dish out punishment.

The woman Joy had been little help as all she was able to do was confirm they were ‘Black Sheep.’ He’d been reading for a bit when Dietryk Grey announced his departure. He was brief and said he was returning to is outfit. Saxon didn’t like anyone really but this man had made a had a similar outlook on the Rebellion as a whole and he appreciated that on some level.

Finding the ‘Black Sheep’ was the biggest issue right now. If he wanted a chance to reunite with his ‘beloved’ bride and a chance to destroy his brother for his treason he had to find them. Grey had confirmed his squadron had faced them on a few occasions. This meant they had to be good or stupid. Saxon smirked at that thought as it had to be stupid. His brother was not exposed to a decent education and his wife was as dumb as a box of rocks. It surprised him they were both still alive. He got out a second data pad and began to look up star charts. If he could connect the dots others were failing at he might be able to get a rough idea where they were striking from. He began with the first time the ‘Black Sheep’ were reported and began to move forward meticulously.

Tag @Bardan_Jusik @Adalia-Durron @TheAdmiral (just to advise him his departure was acknowledged)

24. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @TheAdmiral :)

IC: Artemis "Art" Deco, Joy and K’rill Sunwalker

Artie had made his way back into the Barracks, grateful for the shade. The newcomers seemed friendly enough by the looks of them.

He watched from his bunk as the new arrivals entered. And he could see the joy on the Sunwalker's faces. He couldn't help but smile as they cried and hugged all together. A proper family reunion and Artie suddenly missed his parents back on Commenor.

He didn't want to listen in too much to their private conversation but stayed on his perch in order just to keep an eye on them. Just in case Traer decided to make trouble.

After that conversation between the family was done Lou started talking to Joy's mother. And was now getting properly sorted out by the looks of things, Artie of course had only patched her up.

He jumped down from his bunk and approached Joy and her father as her mother headed towards Feral.

"Welcome to Barracks Two sir. I'm Artemis Deco, Flight Officer and Y wing pilot" he extended his hand "Pleasure to make your acquaintance"

Joy was about to open her mouth to speak to her father when they were approached by Artie. She cringed at the thought of having them meet him. Jocelyn was not afraid of what they might say, but what he would. K'rill eyed the young man for a second then gave a broad smile "Hello, son! Good to meet you, Y-wings, eh?" he chuckled "Used to have a couple of squadrons aboard the Venator I commanded. Good craft, a tad slow though." Jocelyn was holding her breath expecting him to say something awkward and embarrass her.

Artie was trying not to look at Joy's face as he talked to her father. He had gotten off to a good start with Lou, Joy though was a whole new kettle of fish. She was more standoffish with Artie, probably because he had put his foot in it a couple of times and probably she saw him as a little bit of an idiot. After all she was an ex Imperial…

Okay Artie, play it cool…

"They are considered slow yes sir but they have got what counts the most and that is firepower" he shrugged "I haven't had a lot of flight time in them, Jpy probably knows more than I do on this subject. But they are the workhorses of the Rebellion and I hope to someday be back in one and rejoin a squadron"

He shot a look at Joy then "That is if someone will have me of course" Artie knew Lou wanted him as her wingman, but Joy? Not so much.

"You commanded a Venator? You're a veteran of the Clone Wars. How did you end up here?"

The Admiral's smile never left his lips "Oh yes, they are great crafts, very useful in a ship to ship battle." he paused for a moment "Yes, I have commanded a Venator then moved to a bigger craft, an ISD, before that human-like Gamorrean Zsinj stabbed me in the back and got me here. I was an Admiral, you know." he gestured to Joy "She used to be a Lieutenant, but I hear she is a Sergeant now." he grinned.

"You know I am here, dad..." Joy said dryly "And he already knows that I used to be an Imperial Officer." she turned to Artie "It will be good to have another Y-wing pilot, not many of us left in the squadron."

Artie looked back and forth between Joy and her father. It seemed they had a good rapport together. It was not surprising her father was a high ranking officer within the Empire. Did he still have sympathies, even though he had ended up here?. Artie couldn't get too comfy….

"Imperials stabbing other Imperials in the back, not surprising there. I mean if you did something wrong you'd probably end up somewhere like here...or dead. This is why I joined the Rebellion, at least you get help if you did something wrong or if you are a novice flyer like me."

He looked to Joy "I hope to join you and Lou as a fellow Y wing pilot, your experience can help me improve my skills as a pilot and as a person in general. I know my social skills are quite lacking. You know...being awkward and all…"

He looked back to Joy's father "I don't know how you got treated as a political prisoner but let me say this. You daughter and Lou over there got treated pretty roughly. And they are not the only ones. After I was captured I was interrogated on the Destroyer and when I arrived here. It was worse here. I was tortured, beaten and asked again and again where my squadron was" he moved so Joy and her father could see this as he opened up his prison uniform top to show scars across his chest.

"They never hit my face. They said because I had a nice face, if I did favours for them they would not interrogate me anymore. I refused. And do you know what happens here if you do something wrong? You end up in solitary or worse, beaten. I misheard an order once, ended up being lashed on my back ten times." He winced remembering that particular incident "That's what your comrades do to Rebels"

K'rill's smile disappeared from his lips, but it was not replaced by anger. His face aged a bit as the sorrow took over. "I am sorry, son..." he placed his hand on his shoulder "The idea of the Empire got corrupted by evil and petty men. I know it would be easy for me to say that this is war and such things happen, but I have seen it towards civilians." he paused "The reason that I was accused was because I refused to execute the Base Delta Zero on a city... so Zsinj reported it and yeah..." that was news for Jocelyn but she remained silent "I understand your reasons and respect them, I am just an old soldier who chose to close his eyes and follow the long forgotten oath he had taken."

Joy was remaining quiet which worried Artie slightly. Maybe she was digesting what her father had said, maybe this revelation was new that her father had decided to hide it from her. But at least he understood what Artie had said, maybe perhaps…

He may still not be a good person Artie…

“Thank you sir” he said feeling Joy’s father’s hand on his shoulder which was a little reassuring, he smiled at that “And please call me Artie. I’m sorry that you ended up here too, betrayed by a fellow Imperial no less.”

“Maybe, if we do ever get out of this place...maybe you and your wife could come join the Rebellion. You know, strike back at those who wronged you, made you come here and become prisoners. Stay away all that time not seeing Joy or being with your daughter. Isee your family and I think of mine, how long I've been away from my parents who are probably worried sick about me every day.”

“Perhaps this is your chance to spend some time with Joy, maybe perhaps if we get out of this unscathed you could join her ship, fight the good fight. It’s probably a lot better than running away from the Empire, Zsinj may want to get revenge if you escape here so why not cause problems for him.” he looked at Joy then, hopefully she might approve of him trying to keep the family together.

Jocelyn decided to intercede before her father could say anything "Let's not get ahead of ourselves." she did not mention the plan to escape and did not want to include her parents into it without Feral's permission, it would not help her and Lou's cause to reveal it. "Let us first survive the camp and hopefully the Black Sheep will find us and save us." she hoped that Artie would understand the hint "Though the idea is worth considering." she turned to K'rill "Maybe, one day?"

The Admiral sighed "You are right, we have to survive here first." he smirked "Besides, revenge is the worst motivator."

I think I got the hint….

Artie wasn't going to blurt out their escape plan, he would be tossed out the Barracks no doubt by Feral for doing so. Pus incur the wrath of Traer and his thugs. It was bad enough they had to try and see if Lou and Joy could be trusted not to say anything to the Imperials. Even ex Imperials with a grudge could still try something to get favours.

But it was well worth a go to try and keep the Sunwalker clan together. Perhaps it would be good for Joy, plus maybe show a different side to her. She may have been standoffish but perhaps there was maybe a softer person underneath. Well maybe anyway, maybe she was just that person she portrayed all the time.

“I suppose hopefully it’s a question of when not if they will come” Artie said to Joy with a shrug “Hopefully your squadmates won’t leave you and Lou behind too long…..”

He turned to her father “Also it depends on what your wife says I suppose too. She seems nice, and being a Doctor could be useful. Especially if one of us gets dragged away again for interrogation. The Squibs over there? They are our scavengers. They are a bit annoying but they will find what you need. Also watch for Traer. He likes to spout Seperatist propaganda and always has an Aqualish thug by his side. Basically acting like a big bully. But Feral and the rest of us don’t bite, we always help each other out. I suppose we are a bit like a family now I guess”

Jocelyn nodded in agreement and her father chuckled at the part about Traer "Oh I will have fun debating with him then." he grinned "One thing I hate the most are the CIS." he said smirking "Yes, Dennii is the best wife a man can hope to find. I was hoping that Jocelyn's girlfriend would turn up like her, but she is a vicious little thing."he grinned at Joy, who in turn turned red and her eyes sending lightning.

Well that went down well…

Artie could see by the look Joy was giving her father that the jibe had not gone down well. Whether he was joking or not she hadn't liked what he had insinuated.

And I thought I could silence a conversation with my awkwardness….

"Well whatever she is like it's good Joy has someone she cares for and who loves her in return. Someone waiting for her. Not everyone has that luxury, some of us don't have that. And if she is vicious as you say, it's up to Joy who she loves. I mean er if she is like that of course…."

He looked at them both "Maybe I should leave you two to have a more er...personal discussion"

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik , @TheAdmiral , @HanSolo29 , @darthbernael , @Sinrebirth , @Vehn , @Mistress_Renata , @Sarge

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: LT Kayn "Mean Streak?" Balzroth [face_devil]
    Briefing Room

Kayn sat in a medichair parked in the briefing room. His head was just a big foggy. Post-op painkillers in his bloodstream kept his headache to a minimum, at the cost of a faint sense of lost alertness. But it was nothing he couldn't handle.

The surgeon droid had expressed satisfaction at the accomplishment of his brain surgery. All the burnt out neural implants from his last mission had been replaced. Once his brain had enough time to recover from the trauma of open-skull surgery, it should be safe to start reactivating his cybernetic implants. His new eye was still not quite ready to install, so he was sporting an eyepatch. He hoped it looked dashing. It might look good with a mustache. I had lousy luck flying clean-shaven. Yeah, grow a mustache.

Best of all, his broken horn had been reattached. The break was covered by a wide gold ring with purple inlaid patterns That would serve as a splint to hold the horn together until the fibers knit themselves whole again, and it almost matched the decorative piercings and metallic inlays that disguised his internal electronics in both of his horns. The purple pattern on the ring didn't coordinate well with his reddish skin, in his opinion, but apparently someone had told whoever made the ring that he liked purple.

He wondered what else had happened during the surgery. Had the brain surgeon cut out his mean streak? It was a silly thought, but it kept pestering him. He tried to push it out of his head and concentrate on the briefing.

TIE Defenders, sure, I know about those. Joy's droid downloaded their full specs. Hope I still have that data in my memory banks. Seen them up close and personal at high speed. Tagged the Bonehead leader with a laser cannon too. Pity I didn't have enough firepower to penetrate the hull armor. Next time I'll hit him with a blaster cannon and we'll see some fireworks.

As the presentation ended, he heard some faint murmuring from the other Sheep. I ought to say something too. I'm a leader in this squadron and I owe it to these people to show them I'm still on my game.

His eye wandered blearily about the room, taking in the familiar faces around him. Say something. Something to inspire your fellow pilots, something to keep their spirits up, give them a sense of hope the next time we're out in the black facing the Defenders of Numbskull Squadron. Say something good.

"I love you people."

He realized he was smiling sappily at the Black Sheep. That wasn't what I meant to say. Was it? Are the pain-killers affecting me? No, I'd be the first to notice if they did.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.