main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Star Wars: Black Sheep: Tales from the Squadron (Always Accepting New Players!)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Vehn, Oct 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    GM Update: Time’s Up

[​IMG]

Red Sunrise
    Victory-II Class Star Destroyer
    Knifong Boneyard Debris Field

Vice Admiral Stef Rho, squadron commander of the quartet of Victory II Class Star Destroyers that had just entered the system, folded his hands behind his back as the Red Sunrise exited hyperspace directly above the debris field. Sensors went active almost immediately upon realspace. Nothing was found. Nothing but a bunch of junk.

Rho sighed. He’d been assigned to this blank space in the nav charts as a result of the Empire’s efforts to quell piracy in the region. He knew pirates hadn’t used the Knifong Boneyard in years. Maybe even as much as a decade. He had no plans to stay here long. The boneyard was clearly abandoned and he was about to give to give the order to hyper out of the region when his communications officer grabbed his attention.

“Transmission, Admiral,” the communications officer announced, “Imperial encryption. They’ve just left an abandoned dreadnaught in the debris field and are requesting permission to land in our hangar.”

“I wasn’t notified we had any assets out here,” Rho grunted as he reviewed the transmission on his datapad.

“Highly classified reconnaissance team. Part of our anti-piracy operation,” the executive officer explained.

“Classified,” Rho snorted, “and High Command expects me to properly enforce Imperial law in the Outer Rim? I see their codes are up to date. Very well, let them board. Once they’ve landed we’ll make the jump to hyperspace. Nothing out here but ghosts.”

Tag: Anyone interested in what the other side is doing....

Dreadnaught Scimitar
    Outskirts of the Debris Field

The testing of the Scimitar was complete. The Rebel shuttle detached itself from the hull and returned to the Intrepid. The skeleton crew consisting of Louise Vehn, Wyrock, and Akiva Lurell and a handful of Marines had determined the ship was spaceworthy and could stand more advanced maneuvers if it came down to that. The ship was ready to rendezvous with the Intrepid. The dreadnaught slowly began to submerge itself deeper into the debris field to catch up with the nascent Rebel fleet that had maneuvered below. It was then that sensors picked up a departing Imperial shuttle from the hull of the once venerable dreadnaught.

The Imperial Lambda class shuttle deployed its wings and began to climb up above the debris field toward the waiting Victory class Star Destroyer Red Sunrise and its cavernous hangar.

Ten minutes later three squadrons of TIE fighters and two squadrons of TIE Bombers launched from the quartet of Victory Class Star Destroyers and began to plunge downward into the debris field from above actively pinging away with their sensors to get a fix on the Scimitar and destroy her. They were having trouble finding the larger ship with the floating debris interfering with their sensors. They would have to identify with visual acquisition only.

The Scimitar was running out of time…

Tag: @Mitth_Fisto; @darthbernael

OOC: We'll work on the last part of our joint convo

Iona System

The remaining Gozanti, heavily damaged from the most recent torpedo attack, quickly recalled their TIE fighters and did the one thing that the Empire refused to condone: retreat. This battle had quickly turned against the Empire and it was better to live to fight another day than to continue chasing the two Corellian corvettes. As quickly as they had arrived in system the small Imperial group winked out of existence.

The two Corellian corvettes, seeing that the coast was clear, began their own calculations to rendezvous with the Intrepid and the Sanguinity. Both captains had professed their thanks to the Black Sheep for saving their hides. They jumped moments later.

The small, irregular, force of snubfighters also made the jump to hyperspace making sure that they weren’t being followed. It was good to have everyone back together again and the arrival of Ianna “Kid” Mcear had turned the tide in favor of the Rebels.

The trip back to the Intrepid didn’t take long.

Reversion to realspace meant regression to the mean for the Sheep. As in the Empire had the upper hand. Looming twenty klicks in the distance from where the Sheep had exited hyperspace, above the debris field, was a small quartet of Victory-II class Star Destroyers. Fortunately the Sheep had exited hyperspace underneath the debris field and out of sensor range.

The Corellian corvettes quietly rendezvoused with the Intrepid, which had positioned itself at the extreme edge of the debris field in the event an Imperial task force showed up, and immediately began picket duty around the larger Rebel capital ships. They were ready to defend the small fleet at all costs.

Intrepid Actual to Captain Balzroth,” a voice buzzed on the comm unit, “welcome back. We’ve been visited by an unexpected Imperial task force. We intend to lay low in the hopes that they will leave us alone.

“Unfortunately, someone tipped off that we found a little gift in the boneyard. Any assistance you can provide in jamming the incoming TIEs scanning frequencies, or creating a distraction, would be most helpful. Maybe they can follow you out of the system. The TIES appear to be hunting for the Scimitar, the dreadnaught we found. Currently her hyperdrive is sketchy at best. We need more time to repair before we make the jump to hyperspace, together. Actual, out.”

Tag: @galactic-vagabond422; @Adalia-Durron; @Sarge; @Mira Grau

OOC: I am very flexible as to how you approach this. You can blast your way into the TIE formations that are picking their way toward the Scimitar or you can distract them and hyper out of the area and maybe drag the Imperials with you. Doesn't change what I'm doing very much so have some fun. If you do engage the TIEs please leave the bombers alone until the next update. Feel free to post any damage as wanted. Just mind kicking the hornet's nest.

Intrepid
    Bowels of the Ship

It was time to leave.

There was no point in sticking around any longer. The mission was complete as far as they were concerned. The virus was running rampant on the Rebel ship. The Black Sheep and the other supporting squadrons were down, presumably forever. Khairn was down. Although that had been an accident. A matter of perspective and circumstance.

Look to the Red Sunset. Find a way to make it to the small Imperial task force that will be arriving in system in a short time. They are unaware of your mission but will take you aboard if you transmit the following encrypted codes….

The mole reflected on their last transmission from their handler. It was a clear message to get out of town. To steal a shuttle and leave the doomed Rebel ship.

A quick glance of the chrono indicated that the Imperial task force had already arrived or would soon be in the system.

The mole cursed, remembering that the entire ship was in lockdown. Access to the certain parts of the ship was simply out of the question. Perhaps the Intrepid’s service tunnels could provide a way to get to the hangar in question. From there the mole was confident about stealing a shuttle and getting away from the Intrepid.

One step at a time….the mole thought as the figure made their way into a service tunnel toward the locked down hangars.

The mole reached up to scratch an itch on the neck, hand brushing past their collar, and realized they were missing a rank pip. A stab of panic flooded the mole. Fear. The pip had been their when they’d confronted Khairn.

This isn’t good…

Tag: Everyone and no one....

[hr[/hr]

Intrepid Corridor
    Near Khairn’s Quarters

Khairn awakened. He felt cold. He felt pain. The image of his assassin burned in his mind. He heard a voice on his commlink. It was Maxime Pallas.

Pallas Khairn thought, you have to tell Pallas.

“Corridor C, deck four, near the aft crew quarters, need immediate medical assistance,” Khairn choked out hoping anyone could hear him.

Figures rushed at him. He flinched as they drew closer and closer.

Were they friend or foe? After being shot at point blank range by someone he knew he wasn’t sure anymore. He felt hands being placed on him and all he could mumble as an immense wave of pain rolled over him was one word.

“Traitor..."

Tag: @Mistress_Renata; @adaml83

OOC: I've dropped a few hints here and there to further your interest...use your detective skills. If you have questions PM me. Please feel free to get Khairn to the medical bay for help. Also, if you so desire, you can begin to interrogate him in the medical bay.

Intrepid Hull

The astromechs were hard at work repairing the damage to the Intrepid. There was still so much to repair from the last Imperial attack. Plenty to keep them busy. Repairs were estimated to take a few days in the event the Intrepid stayed in one spot and didn’t stress the hull.

Tugs carrying supplies went back and forth into the debris field looking for suitable pieces of durasteel to provide for welding onto the hull. Such patchwork repairs, however, would only be able to limp the Intrepid along for a short amount of time. What the Intrepid needed was a respite in a repair yard.

For one astromech, Digger, there was an objective that rose above the rest. Above the repairs.

Find Maxime Pallas.

Tag: @Mistress_Renata

OOC: Your call how you want to do this ;).

Intrepid Bridge

Captain Adama Husk stood near his executive officer Colonel Paul Teague with a frown on his face. The arrival of the Imperial task force didn’t help things at all. Victory class Star Destroyers weren’t anything to underestimate. That, right now, was secondary to the rampaging virus that was obliterating what little remained of his ship.

“Captain,” Teague said in a soft voice, “have you seen Dela?”

“No, I have not. Her shift isn’t over yet,” Husk replied glancing over at the communications alcove on the bridge. A replacement was there. Husk couldn’t think of the person’s name at the moment.

“And yet she’s not at her duty station,” Teague remarked, “that’s unlike her. Would you like me to go ahead and find her?”

Husk paused.

“No, I’m sure she’s fine. She’s probably at the head. If she’s not back in fifteen go looking.”

Teague glanced at the chrono and shook his head. Not an ordinary day.

CAG Cort Spence arrived on the bridge and cleared his throat.

“Excuse me, Captain. Missiles have been neutralized. The Sheep squadron is back up and running thanks to Maderas. The hangar is fully operational. The TIE Defender and the Recon X are landing as we speak. Intruders and Vipers are down for a few more hours while their systems reboot.”

“Status on the virus, Teague?”

Teague snapped his head to look at Husk and grinned, “The virus is…gone. Sithspit, Maderas managed to get it burned out.”

“How soon until we can jump out of the system?” Husk asked.

“45 minutes at best,” Teague replied.

"We need to know where to head off toward in case we need to run. Get Feral up in his Recon X again and have him scout on ahead for a suitable system we could hide out in while we plan our next move."

“Sir,” CAG spoke up, “we’re vulnerable while the fleet has no CAP to defend. That Imperial strike group up there just launched TIE Bombers. If they discover our location they’ll finish us off. I’d like to gather all available pilots and have them up and running just in case the Empire discovers us.”

“Rally the pilots, CAG,” Husk replied, “good hunting.”

CAG Cort Spence saluted and jogged off to the hangar bay as a shipwide announcement burst out indicating that all available Black Sheep pilots board their craft and prepare to depart at once…

Tag: @AgentViper007; @TheAdmiral; @darthbernael; @Rebecca_Daniels; @Sinrebirth; @Sgt.Matt; @Sinrebirth

OOC:

Assignments:

@darthbernael go ahead and take your Recon X out for a little scouting mission. Get creative here. We want a mixture of a place to hide and a place to refit. No wrong answer.

All remaining pilots please get to your ships and depart the Intrepid. Assume your craft are working and are operational. You'll be following the CAG out in a mixed flight as you patrol around the Intrepid until the next update. There's a method to the madness, here, folks. Hang in there.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Traer Lin
    All available?

He wasn't one to look a gift Thakwaash in the mouth, and when the call went out for all available pilots, he grinned at Zara.

"I have an idea, why don't we do a bit more hunting from our cockpits?"

He narrowed his eyes.

"Assuming the traitor is a pilot."

He began to trot towards the hangar of the Intrepid.

"If not, I can always lob a torpedo at their cabin window."

TAG: @Vehn, @Rebecca_Daniels

3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Amber Tehanis/Jeen Talagana
    Fasten seatbelts and prepare for landing. - Huge thanks to our Boss @Vehn for taking the time out for me [face_love]

The X Wing hurtled through hyperspace, its pilot out like a light. Squirt, her droid was whistling and warbling loudly in an attempt to wake her, and it was finally working. “What?...huh?” Amber muttered as she lifted her head, then her eyes widened as she realised she was in a starfighter and in hyperspace! “What happened?!” She cried as the droid tried quickly to explain. “Oh yeah, no wonder my head hurts.” Looking down at her display she sighed, “one minute, could have been worse.” She said quietly seeing that was the time left till they jumped out of hyperspace. Reaching up she flicked off her weapons system and targeting, “I will not wreck another ship.” She muttered, “I’m not going to make my rep worse.” Soon the alert went off and she eased herself back to real space, where the Intrepid loomed large.

Opening a channel she contacted the ship, “Intrepid real, this is Black Sheep three, I’m back early apparently.” She’d listened to her droids rambling to get that information. “Permission to land please?” Closing it she dropped her head forward a bit, “oh Force please let me land before I puke.”

“Intrepid Actual, you are clear to land. We have a bucket waiting for you.”

Ambers eyes shot up, did she not close the channel? Apparently not, "not feeling great, she will be down, but it won't be pretty." She angled her X Wing toward the Magfield and could see her space, "down soon."

“Affirmative, Vixen. We have the hazmat crews ready to assist.”

Amber didn't need to respond to this and once set, guided her craft to the hangar deck, observing the teams standing by for her predicted crash landing, but this time were to be made redundant. Touching down maybe a little rough, her craft bouncing slightly, Amber hit the button to open the canopy as she ripped her helmet off.

"You did it Vixen!" Jeen was as the side of her ship, a grin on his face pleased she'd come back in one piece and brought her newly painted ship so as well.

"Move Jeen, I want to puke." She was undoing her crash webbing.

"Oh.." He started back, "where are the others?"

She stood, "they're coming, and Ianna is with them."

Having put his feet either side of the ladder slid to the bottom, he looked up in surprise. "Who!??!" He needed to be sure he'd heard right.

Swinging over the side she slid similarly to the bottom. "Ianna, you heard me, Kid's back." Amber put her hand over her mouth and gestured for him to stand aside as she broke into a run toward the refreshers.

Jeen watched her as a grin formed on his face. "My Ianna is back." He muttered.

TAG @Vehn @galactic vagabond - anyone.

4. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: Captain Finnefrael “Feral” Ordwgal
    Multiple Locales…

No sooner had Feral touched down, ready to spend some time off duty with Joy did new orders come down. He’d not even gotten the boarding ladder on his Recon X before that happened and he needed to make some decisions. Finally though, he got to read the message from Wyrock which caused his brow to furrow. With him being sent out to do the type of mission his craft was meant to do, he wouldn’t be able to assist her if she needed it.

But…the thought of his crew chief gave him another thought. Glancing over his shoulder, ”Ready for a bit of a trip, Bones?” he asked his droid, ”We’ve been tasked with…” an annoyed whistle cut him off, Bones telling him that the droid had already received the order. Another whistle told him the expended decoy had been replaced, so they were fully armed again.

Shaking his head and chuckling, ”Of course you knew before I did. Well, my little sarcastic droid, we’re going home first, see if Lexrul works for our purposes.” A happy tweeting whistle came, the fighter already lifting from the deck as the cockpit shut. Feral settled his helmet back on his head, thinking about how his ears would ache and he’d have a sore head for wearing a brain bucket for as long as he suspected he was about to do.

Requesting and receiving departure clearance, Feral pushed the power levers forward, the fighter turning and swooping out of the hangar, through the magfield. He settled into the cushion of his chair, slowly bringing up the power of the fighter to reach where he could engage the hyperdrive. Just before he did he switched off the IFF, setting it to a neutral code, and flicked the safety off the switch for the ECM system.

The flight to Lexrul was without incident, a simple trip through hyper, letting him close his eyes for a few hours. Bones woke him a couple minutes before hyper emergence, letting him work out the kinks his legs had taken while he slept. He also wrote a short message to be bounced off the satellites of the system, before reaching his home. It would, hopefully, assist the Sheep in the not too distant future but he didn’t need the Imps to find out. When the chime sounded, the streaks of hyper resolving into the starscape of Lexrul’s system, he flicked the ECM, all but disappearing from sensors.

Which was something he was quite glad of only a few minutes later. All four recon pods were deployed, scanning the system from top to bottom. All the data was relayed to him before it was sent on a tight beam hyper transmission back to the Intrepid. One area drew his interest quickly, his interest and his annoyance. He’d thought that his people were done with the Imps and their agenda after Krennic but, as he drew closer to the anomaly that he’d found his annoyance grew into anger.

He didn’t know exactly what was being built but the Imperial presence, far out at the fringes of the system, was unmistakable. It seemed they were trying to build at least one large, SD sized ship, in a system where the rebels would, perhaps, not suspect its construction. He added a note to the data when it was being sent, Intrepid, I would rule Lexrul out, there’s Imperial construction and they are patrolling, at least far enough out to not draw the full ire of the planet. The construction is a SD sized craft, but it looks like it’s all a massive cannon with the skeleton of widespread arms.

upload_2023-3-29_17-47-53.png

He didn’t know what he was seeing, had no idea that he was observing the construction of one of the world killing Onager-class SDs. All he knew was that it appeared to be bad news and the large presence of Imperials, even if in the outer system would not suit for the Sheep and the other craft with them to regroup, unfortunately. He had hoped to get a day to go down and see his nephew.

Sighing, he retracted the recon pods, maneuvering around the various patrols as he moved to the opposite side of the system from the Imps before he lit off the hyper, heading to his next possible system that he’d thought of. He fell into a troubled sleep, nightmares of his time in the Clone Wars, of the Battle of Hoth, and of his time at Son Tay all kept him from sleeping well for the next few hours.

Slightly groggy, he reached the system he’d chosen, double checking the ECM before he emerged. He was high above the ecliptic, had set the entrance to let him do so, and was glad to have done so. His fist pounded against the cockpit window as he both cursed and began to sweat at the same time. Clearly visible near what he’d hoped to be the remains of Reklam Station, in the Yarma system, were the iconic arrowhead shapes of Victory II class SDs.

What made him sweat though, was that he’d come out right between and, thankfully, behind two full flights of squints,TIE/IN Interceptors. Similar to the Defenders, where he emerged meant that he was mostly in their blind spots. Which meant that as soon as he emerged and the ECM gear was active, he was gone before they could notice.

However, he was sure, with such a presence, the SDs would have their own sensors at work and he doubted his emergence, so close to a patrol, would go unnoticed. And, sure enough, one of the flights of Interceptors was swinging around, even as he dove, as fast as was possible while still remaining stealthy, into the boneyard of the system. Suddenly he was glad of the recent test flight he’d assisted Joy on, as he’d already recently had some experience in such a place.

His recon pods were extended to use their own thrusters to keep them from impacting the various craft that his Recon X was flying through, meticulously documenting the presence of the system, for the next two hours. He took his time as he saw several flights of both eyeballs, TIE/LN starfighters, and squints crisscrossing the boneyard, just outside of it, hunting for whatever had entered the system. Which told him the Imps were serious about rebuilding Reklam Station, probably to use the materials of the broken down Rebel craft to use on…he swore again, the Imps were getting crafty, between Lexrul and here he suddenly realized they were diversifying, spreading out their efforts to tear apart hulks as well as captured craft and reusing them to build things like that odd shaped SD at Lexrul.

The ‘heat’ finally began to die down and he took a chance, once he was on the far side of the planet from the station, to emerge from the boneyard, heading toward the jump point. As he drew close to it he sent all the data he’d collected along with another note, Yarma is a bust too, the Imps are rebuilding Reklam Station, probably to assist with builds like I found at Lexrul

He had one last option, one that had come to mind because of his nuisance Delta flight wingman. He knew Traer hated the Incom products and had whined, on many occasions about his beloved ship and where he’d left it. Which meant that it was, hopefully, an option. So, the course to Bracca was locked in and then he jumped. To be fair, part of the message he’d sent at Lexrul, he’d hoped not to have had to use but in this case it had gone from last case to possibly only case.

Once again, he tried to rest on the hyper flight to Bracca, the old nightmares resurfacing even more, one in particular, the day that Order 66 had been implemented. He relived seeing the Jedi that Razor Squadron had worked with being cut down, again and again, by clones he’d until that moment considered friends.

When he emerged at Bracca he had to reach into a pouch at his side, to take out a stim, injecting it, as he was exhausted. The effects hitting, he was suddenly alert. There wasn’t much traffic, the Imps had mostly stopped using the system, except for the occasions that they would sell hulks to the Smuggler’s Guild there. Still as stealthy as possible he headed down, nearer to the surface, flying over a world literally littered with broken craft.

As he stuck to the night side, the darkness giving him extra cover, a message pinged his console, It has been agreed. The Intrepid, Sanguinity, and whatever other craft need to use the provided IFF codes when arriving. They are no longer, in the eyes of the client, Rebel craft but a splinter group of the Red Sun. They will ping, with those codes, as the Vergence and the Firepit. If other ship names are needed, the other IFF codes can be tweaked to do so. Bill is on us for it all. Good hunting.

Feral slumped in the seat, in relief. They might actually have a chance here, if that was the case. Tightening his belts, he finished surveying as much as he dared, finding no true Imperial presence, except for one ship that came, dropped off chunks of hull, then departed.

Pulling up, he headed back out of the atmosphere, speeding toward the jump point. As he did at Yarma, he sent a message with the codes that had been sent to him, in a hyper transmission, to the Intrepid. Bracca seems to be the best option and, with the aid received, the IFF codes as well, we should be able to regroup here. Enroute home.

With a sigh, the transmission sent, hoping that no one knew that he’d used his contacts as he had before to aid the Sheep, he pushed the power levers into the hyper range, the streaks of stars filling the cockpit as he raced back toward the Intrepid. Closing his eyes, the nightmares couldn’t even rouse him as he passed out hard, Bones ready to wake him just before he entered the system where the Intrepid was located, for now.

TAGS: @Vehn, @Adalia-Durron, @Sarge, @TheAdmiral, @Rebecca_Daniels, @Sinrebirth, @Mistress_Renata, and everyone else sorry but 10 TAG max so took the first few I saw as well as the GM.

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Amber Tehanis Jeen Talagana
    Felt better to be honest.

Hanging over the receptacle, Amber felt like there was nothing left inside her, guts included, but she knew better as she rolled off her knees and to the side to lean against the wall. She'd considered going back out, the pull of 'doing the right thing' was strong and knowing her fellow pilots were still out there weighed heavily on her mind, but the simple fact was, she couldn't.

"Amber?" Jeen was cautious, this was a unisex refresher, but he was still wary.

"I'm dying, leave me be." She responded, her green eyes closed as she felt sweat running down her face.

"What happened?" Jeen was now outside the stall she was in. "do I need to call a medtech?" He asked with concern.

At first she was going to say no, then the way her head hurt and the nausea that was still there she changed her mind. "Yeah....might be an idea." She grunted as the urge to hurl returned, spinning her to the bowl to only dry reach. "I think.....I broke something."

Jeen pulled out his comlink, "Medical team to refresher bay 3, hangar deck." He ordered, getting a quick confirmation that someone was coming. "Hang in there Amber, helps on its way."

Sure she'd burst several blood vessels in her fact with the exertion she didn't answer, simply proceeded to dry reach again, her insides screaming in protest.

Jeen frowned, "can you open the door?"

"No, if they can't........get in, just kill me, please?" She begged, the over exertion of herself was too much, her physical form had not coped with the mental exertion and now her mind was starting to go down with it all. Her body heaving but her mind was blacking out now.

"Hang on Vixen, they'll fix you up in no time." He began to search for ways to open the stall, he had to make it easy for them to help her. Pulling out his multi tool he found the correct blade to insert into the door to manually over ride it and open it. Just in time to see the pilot pass out on the floor. He knelt down and checked her pulse and sighed, "well at least you're not puking now." Jeen muttered.

TAG @Vehn Anyone who is interested.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Kayn "I'm Tired" Balzroth [face_devil]
    Feeling Blue

Kayn stared morosely into hyperspace. While it was great to have Ianna back, he was still worried about Zara and her situation, and he couldn't shake the image of the TIE fighter sacrificing itself for its mother ship. He'd been running at max power too long and really needed a break. What I wouldn't give for us to spend a few days on a sunny beach.

The countdown timer chimed for imminent reversion to realspace. He double-checked his sensors on passive, jammer in standby mode, and comm transmitter muted. It would be foolish to jump this far and give away their position with a stray transmission.

Emerging below the debris field, he tried to scan passively for Vixen's X-wing. It wouldn't make his day any better to lose his favorite witch.

“Intrepid Actual to Captain Balzroth, welcome back. We’ve been visited by an unexpected Imperial task force. We intend to lay low in the hopes that they will leave us alone. Unfortunately, someone tipped off that we found a little gift in the boneyard. Any assistance you can provide in jamming the incoming TIEs scanning frequencies, or creating a distraction, would be most helpful. Maybe they can follow you out of the system. The TIES appear to be hunting for the Scimitar, the dreadnaught we found. Currently her hyperdrive is sketchy at best. We need more time to repair before we make the jump to hyperspace, together. Actual, out.”

So much for comm silence. Reactivating his transmitter at low power, he responded curtly. "Black 6 copies all, will comply. What is Vixen's status? She should have been back first."

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @Mira Grau @Adalia-Durron @Rebecca_Daniels

7. Sgt.Matt

Sgt.Matt Jedi Master star 2

May 12, 2018
    IC: Pudge
    Lunch is Set

"Wait'll till they see this, the pilots are in for a warm and meaty treat, plus some other extra treats"

Pudge smiled over the finished chili, the thickened meat soup was now coated in a thin purple dressing; the chef's nostrils flared as he picked up the sweetened scents. Over the counter where he would pass out the food to the staff and Intrepid pilots; the chef had laid out the chili-pot with a few tinier bowls of toppings, croutons and ground blue bantha cheese were beside the chili-pot. Aside from the toppings, the Whiphid also made two big platters of polystarch knots warmed up and in place of the regular caffeine in the coffee machine, Pudge replaced the contents with a spacer's stim-tea. Coffee's good and all but these guys need something to perk the tummy up to speed, stim-tea straight from the caffeine infused mushrooms on Neimoidia would be of use for this luncheon.

Replacing the contents of his pipe with something inside his apron pocket, the chef puffed a few blue smoke rings as he awaited the crowds to come by for lunch....

TAG: ANYONE

8. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    IC: Baniss Vermillion
    Intrepid interior

Baniss caught a signal, which he figured would be Kairn, as a mole would probably go radio silent at this point. I would be trying to escape right now in this situation. He pinged the med team he had the location of the signal and went in that direction with his blaster out.

As he got closer he could see a trail of blood going off in a direction and the med team around who Baniss assumed to be Kairn. He looked at one of the team, "I'm going to follow the trail and see if I can find something helpful." he glanced at Kairn before looking back at the Med team, "Keep him alive and get him back to Medbay ASAP." He knew it was a redundant order, but it needed to be said. Kairn would be necessary to ID his attacker, whoever it was.

Baniss left to follow the trail, keeping an eye out for clues or anything suspicious.

Hopefully, anyone following up would get the message that I left with the Med Team to get to the hangars.

TAG: @Vehn, any anyone else following up with the Kairn situation.

Vehn, TheAdmiral, Sarge and 1 other person like this.
  9. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jocelyn "Joy" Sunwalker

Jocelyn removed the helmet and placed it on the seat, reaching for a handkerchief to wipe her face. It was all sweaty. She needed a nice warm shower and then to spend some time with Feral. She was happy overall. For the first time in some years. She climbed out of the canopy of the Defender and started climbing down the ladder.

Thorn, the Togorian in charge of servicing her Y-wing, was staring at her. “Needs more work.” she pointed at the TIE with her thumb. “The cockpit can resist up to a certain speed, then the system starts the alarms and slows it down.” Given how expensive the Defender was, it was a small wonder the Empire installed all those bells and whistles. “Please talk with the guys about it.”

Thorn grunted and nodded. He was getting used to her, which was some progress. At least he stopped lashing out at her for being a former Imperial.

As soon as she turned around to see where Feral was, the order for all pilots to man their craft and leave the hangar came. Jocelyn gave a silent groan, so much for the warm shower…

“Go, the Y-wing is ready.” Thorn growled.

She wanted to say that she wanted to use the Defender, but in this state it was more of a liability. It needed more work and they had no time. The Empire must have found them. She went back for her helmet and ran towards the bomber. Her astromech was already in its socket.

She crashed inside the seat and strapped herself. “It was so good to fly the old girl.” she replied to the droid’s question about the Defender “I will make sure you are part of the service team. After all, you know them best.” she smiled and the astromech beeped excitedly.

“But let’s survive this first…”

TAG: @Vehn @darthbernael (mentioned), Anyone else

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Combo with @galactic-vagabond422 and @Mira Grau

IC: Kayn, Ianna, Ethan
    Ruses

Kayn rocked his wings and beckoned Mermaid, Kid, and Vet into close formation. Turning the transmitter power down to its minimum in the hope that the Imps wouldn't pick it up through the debris field, he explained his plan. "We're going to pretend to be a capital ship sneaking through the debris field. Everyone put your shields up full power, maximum shield radius. Active sensors on low power. Mermaid, match my jammer mode, 4 Echo, power level ten percent. Line astern formation, I'll lead, Kid a hundred meters behind me, Vet a hundred meters behind Kid, Mermaid a hundred meters behind Vet. We'll keep our speed down to dead slow like a dreadnought trying to tiptoe through the wreckage. The Imps should pick up some energy and movement on their sensors, but the debris will interfere with the returns so they can't see exactly what we are. We'll lure them away as far as we can for as long as we can. Everybody copy? Keep your transmitters on low power."

Ianna happily tapped her feet against the hull of her fighter humming a song to herself. She was happy ecstatic to be back with the sheep. She'd been cooped up in on the medical ship just itching to be released. Now she was and it was indescribable, facing down death by the Empire had never been more fun for her. In the quiet boredom of hyperspace she pulled out a stick of chewing gum, a habit she'd picked up in the hospital. She couldn't move for a week and was going out of her mind, just about the only thing she could do was chew gum.

She popped a bubble just as they transitioned out of hyperspace. Taken a little by surprise she gripped the controls and followed Meanie out of the debris field. Following the orders she cranked up her shields as far as they would go, she could see the translucent energy field that surrounded her, something she normally witnessed when a bolt stuck it. Then she expanded it seeing the ghostly glow disappear.

"In position Meanie."
    She said with a pop of a bubble. "If there's one thing this bird is good at it's going slow."

Kayn could hear the smile in Ianna's voice. In spite of himself, he chuckled. It was good to have her back, even though his ribs ached at the thought of what was coming when they landed.

"In position,"
    Ethan said over com, still struggling to focus on the task at hand. He needed to concentrate, yes Ianna was back, but if he messed this up she might be gone again in no time.

Zara's ship glided slowly through the debris field with just an occasional touch of the yoke from Kayn as he kept on course and eased the formation around the bigger chunks of wreckage. Most of his attention was on the sensor warning receiver. He fiddled with the manual controls, studying the outputs of the Imperial active sensor pings. After a minute or so, he concluded that the signals were getting weaker. The Imps weren't following them. Most likely, they weren't picking up the flight's energy output through the debris. He didn't want to boost their output any higher; with too strong a sensor signal, the Imps might recognize it as a deception. The odds might be better if he gave them a simulated accidental signal to home in on.

He reset the comm panel, normal transmission power level, and selected the open emergency channel so that everyone who picked up the signal could read it. "Home One, Renegade Leader, the Imps are buying it, they're tracking the decoy away from us. We'll be clear in a few minutes."

A moment later Mermaid answered, her normally bubbly voice sounding urgent and frightened. "Renegade Leader, check your comm settings!"

"FRAC-"
    Kayn cut off the expletive in mid-transmission. His attention focused on the enemy sensor signals again. A few moments later, their power level began to increase. The Imps were headed their way. He gave the throttles a tiny nudge, slightly increasing speed, trusting the rest of the formation to stay in position. They'd lead the Imps away from Intrepid as long as possible for as far as possible before the ruse was discovered. And when that happens, we'll be in a fight for our lives.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @Mira Grau

11. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A fun combo with @Sgt.Matt , thank you so much :).

IC: Artemis "Artie" Deco & Zero Maderas

Artie had finished with Airen thanking him for the chat when he spotted that the hangar seemed to be returning to normal. Had the virus been purged?

Who knew, but an announcement came over the tannoy that all remaining pilots were to board and head out. No time for a shower now, Artie had to get his game face on. This was his first proper test since his return.

Trotting over to his Y wing he zipped his flight suit back up. But once at the ship the crew chief informed him his Y wing was not quite ready. And they were waiting for his droid to arrive.

Huffing out a little breath of frustration Artie decided to take a little walk in the hangar while everything was sorted….

Zero was a little elated that the overriding a success.

A few minor key codes here and a one fat ship-cutter encryption there, he managed to switch off the weapons systems activation. Yet, before he could fully take care of the virus's aftereffects; one of the members of high command pulled him out to focus on the ships. "But no, I wasn't done thoroughly checking them," Zero muttered as he zipped up his pilot's uniform, a neon-black market flight suit. "Better hope the ships are still open for more tune-ups, the virus left a frak tons of burns in the system and they need some salving."

The slicer stepped into the hangar, his jacking tool was still on the ground albeit void of any connector cables. Well, it looks like everyone's all-set; place is kinda packed The youth walked over to his A-Wing, it was nestled between another and a Y-Wing that laid in the hangar.

Though that was when he caught notice of another walking around as well…

Artie noticed another pilot walking in. Red hair, looked young and skinny like him. Moving towards an A wing parked next to his.

Go on Artie say hello. You wanted to make new friends in the squadron? Here you go…

He headed over, with what he hoped like a friendly smile "Hi. I'm er…Artemis Deco, please call me Artie" he held out his hand for the other man to shake "I'm a Y wing pilot. Is that your A wing? Are you new here like me?"

Oh this guy seems new, he looks just like me, put on your best smile.

Zero flashed a friendly grin at the pilot coming to him, he was a tall skinny fellow like the slicer; albeit his flight suit was of the Sheep standard than the black market variety the slicer wore on him. "Zero Maderas, pleasure to meet you Artie," Zero shook the others hand, the slicer's hands were numbed from his continuous hacking on the ship. "Yeah, I'm new recruit like yourself, though I did do service briefly with another squadron in the Rebellion until...certain issues forced me to transfer to the Black Sheep. How did you join this outfit?"

"Nice to meet you too Zero" Artie responded back, an interesting name he had. Zero didn't elaborate on his issues but that was OK. They had only just started talking anyway.

"Well as for me, only done mission so far with the Rebellion. Was supposed to be an escort trip but got ambushed. Did something stupid and ended up captured and taken to a prisoner of war camp".

He shook his head "And that's not an experience you forget in a hurry" Artie decided not to go through the more gory details "Got wounded trying to escape and was put in a course of rehab. Unfortunately I was classed as…how did they put it. More of a liability than an asset. So I was transferred here."

Artie shrugged "I'm a novice you see. No kills. Bit hard to accept a person who is like me, this was the only squadron who would take me".

"So where are you from? Have you been with the Rebellion for long?"

Prisoner of War? This guy looks like he saw some deep stuff, I better skirt around this and not bring up any bad memories. Zero knew of bad memories, the look on Arties face when talking about it made the slicer think of his reply carefully, the slicer wasn't one for making others uncomfortable. "Well, I hail from Nar Shaddaa; born a slicer on the meanest streets of the golden planet. I only joined the Rebels a while back before that one conflict on Yavin, they recruited me as some form of 'reform program' for criminals and while it brought me to the rebel cause; the high command in my former squadron wasn't fond of criminals in their ranks."

Zero leaned back against a fuel pump. "My current kills score is unknown, I don't keep track of any Imp ships being destroyed, my kill scores are usually viruses and Imp software. Where do you hail from? Are you from the further rim as well?"

Nar Shaddaa? Artie hadn't heard of this planet much but there were rumours it was a rough place, especially as it was an outer rim planet. And he was a former criminal, this was interesting. But Artie always looked at the best in people or tried to anyway.

And from what he had seen so far, Zero wasn't bad. He seemed nice enough.

In response to Zero he shook his head "No, am from Commenor in the Colonies. Known for being a bit Imperial friendly but to be honest there are a few of us there that hate the Empire. They are barbaric and you know a typical youngster, I wanted to fight back against the bullies. Didn't want them to win, wanted to do my bit".

"Your backstory seems interesting, perhaps when we come back from duty you can maybe tell me more".

But his mention of killing viruses….he looked around then leaned closer and spoke quieter. "Hey, when I arrived people were talking about something serious going on. Someone told me there was a virus on board. Did you….know about it?"

Should I tell him?....Oh what the frak, what harm could it do?

"Virus? Oh yeah, the Intrepid crew had me burn out some corrosion virus that was messing up our starfighters systems" Zero replied to the pilot's whisper. "The Virus was caused by some mole or someone hiding out on the ship, some of the high security is weaselling the mole out as we speak. All the ship's are clean by the way, the mole may have made a virus but it was no match for old Republic codes and tools."

And a little praying to the force as well, thank god my tools managed to clear our home Zero smiled under his rather fearful thoughts, he almost had a heart attack at the thought of the ship dying out fast at some random interval, which is why he thoroughly looked through all the systems. "Not to get off topic but what's it like being behind the yoke of a Y-Wing?"

So Zero had been the one to sort out the virus. And it sounded like the rumour of a mole was confirmed. No doubt Zero himself would get a lot of plaudits for this.

Artie grinned "Well done for getting rid of the virus, I think everyone will be relieved at that. Maybe things may finally get back to normal around here. Er…well as normal as things can get anyway".

"Luckily my Y wing was unaffected, don't know if it was because it had arrived lte but who knows".

"A Y wing may be slow but it packs a punch" Artie clenched his fist for emphasis "She can carry a bit of ordnance say compared to an X or A wing. Good armour and shields but a bit sluggish to turn. Probably why Y's travel more in groups than individually, do more damage that way"

He tilted his head to look at the A wing "Is it your first time flying an A wing?"

"Aw no need for the praises, I just was doing what the captain asked a humble slicer to do," Zero chuckled, rather elated by the pilot's enthusiasm, Artie seemed good in the slicers book. "Normality from my own experience in the last few weeks, plus a good lifetime as a con; the galaxy you'll see with us will make that word question itself."

Artie then spoke to him about his Y-Wing, the yellow bomber that Zero didn't take in his headcount of the cured ships, though he was happy the new guy's ride never got burnt from the digital inside out. The bomber packed more ordinance than the X-wing or A-Wing, Zero took this into consideration as he never got a clear understanding of the fighter's purpose. Slow but packs a punch, always knew something was up with those yellow ships battling the Acheron. Zero continued listening patiently to the pilot's explanation, taking mental notes for future teamwork and possible friendships.

Though his listening halted as Artie piqued up a question, one regarding his own ship experience.

"My experience with an A-Wing? Well if you wanna know, how about I show you my skills outside," Zero then snapped on his helmet, a custom pilot's helm covered in Hutt-Cartel decals and other crime gang signs. "I was planning on checking on these ships since high command wants us all down here, how about we do a little test-flight between fellow pilots. Whaddaya say then?"

Zero Maderas clicked over his goggles with a playful grin....

Artie had to grin back, Zero's enthusiasm was infectious. They had only been told so far to get to their ships and head on out, nothing so far about what they were supposed to be doing. And he didn't know if anyone else was heading out.

Why not? Anyway you get to see an A wing in action. Would be good to see what they can do and show him what you can do. If you don't muck it up…

He turned to look at his Y wing. The crew chief was loading an azure blue with dark blue markings R2 unit into his droid socket. It looked like it was finally ready to go.

"You're on" Artie said in response still grinning, he felt the adrenaline pumping now "Thanks for the chat, I hope we can chat again socially when we land. It's been great to finally meet a fellow squadron member".

As he backed away he gave Zero a thumbs up before heading back and climbing up the ladder to his Y wing, popping on his helmet and closing his canopy up.

His droid chirped at him happily, introducing itself as R2-A1, it itself was a new droid brought in and had been chosen to pair up with Artie. Artie would have to think of a nickname for him.

As he started up his Y wing with a couple of fumbles as he was so excited to be heading out on his first proper outing he looked over to the A wing of Zero and smiled.

Zero hopped into his A-Wing, snapping on his safety belt and closed off the canopy; the internal computer jolted awake as systems popped onto the various screens. Okay, systems are stable and digital nerve centers are crisped but still alive, let's hope that my shriek-hawk can stay afloat. Flicking on the ignition switches and his engines made a rumbling growl, the engines were healthy, the slicer turned his head to greet Artie who was smiling outside at him.

Zero caressed his button over his A-wing's comm-channel, paging a call quickly to the young pilot next to him. "Artie this is Spyguy, the lead is yours, let's go out and show our stuff," Zero then paged out and smiled back at the Y-Wing pilot.

Artie guessed Spyguy was his callsign, very fitting for a slicer he thought.

Checking the systems were all in the green he sat for a couple of moments breathing in and out. Leading was not an easy task and he had to make sure he was not going to go too slow for the faster A wing.

"Ready Azzurro?" he asked his droid. The nickname came from the word meaning blue in another language, it seemed rather fitting for his blue droid. The droid beeped in the affirmative. "Alright let's go…."

Flicking the comm on he spoke to Zero "Artie has the lead, let me know if i'm er…going too slow for you. Let's show them how it's done".

He gently lifted the Y wing up and then slowly turned towards the magcon field. "This is Black Seventeen heading out" he reported to the bridge as he pushed the stick forwards and headed out back into space.

Boy this feels good…

Just point me out and we'll show everyone how we fly in this rebellion.

"This is Black Nine going out, over" Zero clicked off his pager towards the other gathering pilots, he flicked on one more switch before pushing his yoke forward in route of Artie's Y-Wing. Now what does the CAG or Captain need us out here for, there's gotta be something to test out our ships power? Zero entered the black void of space as did the Y-wing ahead of him, he could also make out the sounds of others as well but the slicer kept his eye on Artie as per their little discussion.

He then paged the other Y-Wing as they both entered the void, Zero kept his head clear as they entered space. "Spyguy to Black Seventeen, do you see anything odd where you are?"

Artie kept his speed minimal in part so he could see what was going on, the other so Zero could stay with him.

He had a look around, not much to look at apart from the blackness of space, the white pinpricks of stars and what looked like debris floating about.

"Azzurro can you do a quick scan and see if there is anyone about that shouldn't be?". The droid chirped an affirmative, was silent for a few moments then let out a moan. Too much debris about to get anything.

"No, nothing Spyguy" he said, opening a channel to Zero. My droid says there is too much debris about to get a good read on anything. I er…I don't know what is going on. I wonder if the CAG has anything, I think they must know something otherwise they wouldn't have called us out for nothing…"

He took another look around "I don't like this…"

"Famous finishing sentence, my friend, let me check my scanners and sensors before we do our little test-flight"

Zero clicked over his digital sensor array, an ensemble of small knobs and keypad over a much smaller datascreen, the tiny unit was attached to the ship's main datapad that showed the ships systems. Adjusting the knobs to a certain depth with a wiry peep, the slicer began to use the long-range sensors to overview the surroundings. However, the pilot had some doubt over his skills with the sensor, Zero was more for jamming and hacking into them than to track them. But the moment called for a checkup and Zero didn't want his goodhearted flight with Art to go pear shaped. "My sensors are going normal, odd, I'd expect salvage guys or junkers to pilfer the boneyard," Then a sharpened squeal on his sensors hit his ears, cutting his calm sentence down. "Hello, what do we have here? Seems like something or someone is coming in...."

Zero noticed a small flicker of jade pop over his sensor array, a tiny ripple of digital energy; one that made the slicer to switch on the weapon systems of his ship. He also paged over to Art as they remained in the black void, making sure that his new friend got the news as well. "Art, old buddy, you better activate your weapons on that bomber; I just got a brief blip on my sensors and it looks like we may have someone coming over..."

Being called friend already by Zero made Artie smile, it seemed he had made his first friend with a fellow pilot. Not bad for your first day aboard.

Zero was doing some checks as well so Artie waited patiently, keeping an eye on his sensor board. Nothing was coming up still and it was making Artie uneasy.

With Zero's sudden announcement and using his callsign Art it sounded serious, and a knot of nervousness started to appear in his stomach. This could be his first proper fight…

Artie activated the Y wings cannons and also put his shields up, he sped up the Y wing a little speed wise just in case it was an unfriendly coming in.

"Spyguy, what are you getting?" he asked, frantically looking around and still nothing on his sensor board "I still can't see anything and my sensor board is still clear. Have we got an unfriendly arriving?"

The sensors then rippled once more harder, much to the slicer's surprise, the jade was now appearing twice as frequent. Usually Jade represented something more mysterious, Zero knew that red meant Imps and blue represented the Sheep or Rebels for that matter but this was strange, who was coming to them.

"Art, I don't think my sensors are picking up Imps but keep your weapons and shields activated," Zero said in a calming tone. "Don't panic, I got your back in case any mean mother hubbard comes right at us."

I just hope the CAG or the rest pick up what my sensors are getting, we may have pirates or something in the junky distance.

TAG: @Vehn, @Sgt.Matt (@Rebecca_Daniels , @Sinrebirth , @TheAdmiral if you want to come and join the fun magical mystery tour)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC: Maxime "Max" Pallas, MacKenzie "Fox" Hollymander
    Thanks to @Mistress_Renata who without I'd never have gotten this done.
    Intrepid corridors
    A Possible Clue?

Max moved around the corridors as well as she could. The blast doors were all down. She had to do some slicing to override a few, and discovered that the virus which had infected their fighters had spread to the rest of the ship. That explained the power blackouts. She wondered if the new guy had caught it yet. He talked a big game. How had the virus spread from the ships? She couldn't let that distract her now; first was Khairn.

MacKenzie had followed Max and now watched as she examined things, but there was little he could do as this wasn't his strength. "I'm going to check on the Commander, he might wake and say something." He explained to Max before turning and heading back toward the medical bay.

Max had spotted Baniss retreating out the door --where was he going?--and stood back as Khairn was moved away on the hoverstretcher, with a grim-faced Hollymander following behind. She spotted a small blood trail where Khairn had dragged himself after he had been shot, and she swallowed hard, tracking it back. It wasn't far, it ended in the previous corridor. A cleaning droid was trundling up, but Max held out her hand. "Hold on," she said. "This is a crime scene."

The droid warbled in confusion, and moved forward. Max growled, trying to remember the correct commands. "Delay sanitization procedure, resume in...80 minutes." The droid hummed and settled into place, with a small light flashing that it was in standby mode.

Max didn't try to understand the pattern of blood spatter, but she looked around to see if any other blaster bolts had gone astray. She only saw the security cam that showed Khairn falling, with the shooter out of sight. But she could figure out where the shooter was standing. There was a panel open, with some wiring loose. She bent for a closer look. There was a socket on the end of one of the loose wires, which would have plugged into something. A comms array? Is this how the mole was transmitting? There was something else...a rank chit. Automatically Max checked her own, which was still in place. It wasn't Khairn's, he was a full Commander. Could this have been from the shooter?

She reached for her commlink as Digger charged in at full speed, whistling and bleating so fast that it was impossible to make heads or tails of it. "Whoa, whoa, slow down, Digs! What happened? Are you okay?"

The little astromech opened his storage compartment and extended an arm with a piece of machinery attached. Max studied it. "A transmitter?" She frowned as Digger explained. "With an explosive attached?" She nodded, and sighed as he finished. "Well, I wish you could have held on to the device so we could analyze what kind of bomb it was, but you're right, it wouldn't be safe so near the hull."

She opened her comm to call Hollymander when an alert sounded. "Son of a barve!" To report to the fighter bay or report to Husk? She sighed and contacted Husk. "Sir, we've found something. I need to get to the hangar, but I'd really like you to see this."

-/-

Standing in the Medbay, McKenzie watched as they worked on the Commander. A nurse rushed past him, and he turned to her asking “where exactly was he found?”

“A corridor near the Officers Mess, the lights weren’t working in it.” She answered quickly before rushing back into the room.

He pursed his lips, that's where Max was digging, as it was essentially a crime scene now. He knew the man was in the best hands, it was time to find out more.

“Sir!?!? Get in here!” The nurse called to him, “he’s trying to say something.”

MacKenzie rushed in and listened to the slurred words of a man in great pain.

“Trai……….to……trai…….traer.” Then he passed out.

MacKenzie swallowed, “did he just say Traer?”

“He was trying to say traitor, I think but it could have been Traer?” The doctor clarified as best he could.

With a nod, MacKenzie backed from the room, “keep me informed.” Turning he strode away, he had a lead now.

TAG @Vehn @adaml83 @Sinrebirth - anyone interested.

13. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: The dreadnaught finally getting away, we hope, with Mitth and Vehn.

Lieutenant Louise "Lou" Vehn/Laylee Wyrock AKA "Bones"/Akiva Lurell/Lawrence "Law" Clark
    Dreadnaught Scimitar
    Outskirts of the Debris Field

A warning chime began to sound at one of the consoles, drawing Wyrock’s attention away from the engines for a moment. Glancing at one of the hovering remotes she whistled, ‘speaking’ to the droid. It bobbed for a moment then flew away from the engine console. It headed toward where the chime was sounding, dropping down to the console level, studying the readouts for a short time. When it had sifted through the data it whistled back at her.

”Frack……” she muttered.

Turning away from the panel, she glanced at the other two women then at the Marine leader who had come with them. ”Oooiiieee, soldier boy…know how to operate a point defense panel? We’ve got company coming.”

Akiva looked at her panel of the scans of local space and heard Wyrock respond. Muttering a silent curse for the Imps to find a stowaway ghost she turned back to the 'captain', "Lou, you wanna revisit that no hyperspace jump notion and tell me which way to jump? Cause, I don't think the fancy maneuvers will do much when the enemy has more guns than we have directions to move!"

Lawrence gave a sharp nod to Wyrock. He wasn’t about to argue with her. Not now. Not with the Empire bearing down on them. He found the appropriate station.

“I can handle it,” Lawrence cracked, “simple right? Just point and shoot. Easy! So easy a Marine can do it.”

Lou looked at Akiva and nodded her head in agreement.

“We need to get the hyperdrive functional. Intrepid is working on getting us jump coordinates. It may be a few. Continue to do evasive maneuvers. I am worried about those TIE bombers. Wyrock, can you get us at least one jump out of this aging relic?”

Cursing under her breath, Wyrock didn’t answer Lou directly, not at first. Reaching over her shoulder, she pulled the damaged part from her bag, unlatching the straps of the bag. As it fell, she pulled her huge wrench out of it. An almost crazed look was on her face as she finally turned to Lou, ”Well chica, this is going to suck but maybe one jump.” she called out as she took off running.

Looking over her shoulder, ”Soldier boy, don’t let them kill us in…oh…the next five minutes.”

With that she was gone, racing through the corridors of the ship, until she reached the engine compartment. Skidding to a halt before the hyperdrive, she pulled that most trusty of a mechanic’s tools from a thigh pocket, her superadhesive tape. Wrapping the slashed sections of the part with the tape, she jammed it into place. A couple turns of the wrench and the part was set to function, the hyperdrive whining as it began to come alive.

Wrench over her shoulder, hoping a stormtrooper or two were in her way on the way back to give her something to take her frustration out on, she raced back towards the bridge.

“Stop right there, Rebel scum!” A clipped almost robotic voice said to Wyrock as she made her way to the bridge.

Two Imperial Stormtroopers were all that was left from the scouting party that had rendezvoused with the Victory II class Star Destroyer.

Wyrock’s eyes lit in a sudden joy. She had something to take her anger and frustration out on now. Her head turned, eyes glittering, as she looked at the stormtroopers. Taking a deep breath in on the nic stick, she chuckled, ”Boyos…I was hoping for some workout partners and the Force provided.”

As soon as the words left her mouth she breathed out, a huge cloud of smoke, what she’d been holding in, blew out, right in their faces. She dropped to the deck spinning. That huge wrench in her hands, she used it both to speed her momentum and…to aim a wicked strike at the outer side of the knee of the trooper closer to her.

The stormtrooper cried out in sickening pain as his knee collapsed inward at an unnatural angle. He went down to the floor, writhing, but not dead. The other stormtrooper brought their weapon to bear on Wyrock and snapped off a few shots. Even at close range the Stormtrooper missed.

Shaking her head as bolts rained down around her, Wyrock looked at her wrench for a moment. Lifting the end, she kissed it, ”Did the buckethead scratch you, baby? I’ll buff it out when we get home. Now, just a little more work.” she murmured to it.

Looking up at the second trooper her eyes glittered once more. ”I’d say run but…” with that she spun the wrench before slamming it upward, right at the junction between his legs, ”...I don’t think either of you will be now.” she said with a grunt at the strength of the swing.

The trooper shrieked as the wrench made contact. He went down hard and lay there unmoving. The last of the Imperial resistance aboard the Scimitar had been silenced. The ship suddenly rocked and Lou's voice came over the comm unit, "The TIE Bombers are blind firing their missiles. They have a rough idea where we are but nothing locked in yet. We need to get out of here!"

To be sure, Wyrock slammed her wrench down on the head of the one who’s knee she’d destroyed, now whistling a happy tune. Settling the wrench back over one shoulder, she grabbed the ankle of the one who she’d hit last, kicking his blaster away, dragging his unconscious and moaning from the pain body behind her. It made her smile to hear his head and helmet bouncing on the deck, with each hatch she went through and the small imperfections in the deck.

When she reached the bridge again, she deposited the body, which curled into a fetal position around the center of pain, by the Marine and the station he was at. ”We’ve got one jump, maybe, cutie! she called out to Lou, ”And I got rid of the last uninvited guests, the other has no left knee anymore, out there.”

Akiva grunted slightly at Lou's words and the sight on the scopes of the blind missiles making a debris field into a chaos field. "Must be nice to be able to waste bombs like that." Hearing Wyrock she simply shook her head, "I hope someone is shutting off their comms or locator beacons. We do not need those blind missiles to suddenly become guided! Now someone tell me where we can jump once and not be followed!"

Lou leaned over and nodded as she was talking privately with Intrepid Actual. When she was done she looked over at Wyrock and Akiva with a serious expression.

"They're sending us coordinates now. They didn't say where exactly but its fairly far away. They're also getting us new IFF codes to blend in better with our destination. Keep a sharp eye out for those TIE Bombers. I don't want anything taking us down before we make the jump. Wyrock, how are we looking? You think she can do it?"

Wyrock was looking over her wrench again, murmuring reassurances to it, when Lou spoke up. She spun in the seat she’d taken, back at the engine monitoring panel. Eyes flicked from readout to readout, double checking every aspect of the engines. Setting the wrench down carefully on the small portion of desk beside the keypad, she typed out a couple commands, watching as the gauges shifted.

Grunting, then pulling out a new nic stick, the tip of her artificial index finger popping open with a flame to light it, she sucked in then spun back. ”Well, crazy cutie, that part is holding for now so I’d say…” She reached back, tapping a readout with a knuckle, causing the gauge to flicker, ”...we should be good for one jump.”

"Your confidence as always overwhelms!" Akiva barked back at the engineer. Hands dancing over the console she began the lumbering behemoth to roll and turn in a dive, cutting thrust to make them tumble slightly before re-engaging the engines at full burn - directly at some space debris to kick it up and back at their pursuing TIEs.

She didn't have time to check if it worked, bought time, or even made the situation worse. No, all she could focus on was pulling out of the new vector and towards an exit that should put them on a path for their lone jump. "Tell me when we have codes. I'm trying to line up when we dip out, orient, and go to be as short a gap to limit the chance for the Imps to pin down our vectors."

"Codes are inbound now, hang in there!" Lou cried out as she gripped the chair she currently occupied.

The Scimitar shuddered again underneath the incredible strain of the maneuvers as the TIE Bombers missiles detonated closer and closer. It wouldn't be long now before they were within visual range if they hadn't already been spotted.

"Got 'em! Inputting the codes now. They should be showing up on your terminal in just a few seconds," Lou said as she glanced over at Wyrock, "I hope you're as good as advertised, lady, because we only have one shot."

A wry grin formed, the nic stick drooping slightly in her clenched teeth as Wyrock looked back and forth between Akiva and Lou. ”Not confidence, I’m right and that’s all that matters.” Ash drifted down as she chuckled, ”And I’m better than advertised, which is why the rich city boy keeps me around as his crew chief!” Tapping another gauge, ”Now Wolf, now is better than any other moment, jump before the part fails.”

Akiva was silently reciting every foul word in Huttesse as well as Cudro she could think of, all four hands were dancing across her consoles, tweaking levers and punching in commands. The ship was large, gangly, and in rough shape, but she was doing her best to make it dance like something other than a pregnant Hutt in labor pains! "You might wanna close the blast shields!" she called back to the others as she felt that if she timed this right they would dip out with debris between them and the Imps.

"Come on ugly, don't die on me now!" Rolling she switched to a better section with more working thrusters to push them into the new line. "Ready jump in Three! Two! One!" Her hand reached out to the lever.

TAGS: @Vehn, @Mitth_Fisto, Any interested Sheep wanting to see

Sarge, Vehn, TheAdmiral and 2 others like this.
  14. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Maxime "Max" Pallas
    Hangar, Intrepid

Husk had told her to hang on --fair enough, if there was a scramble, he was probably pretty busy-- but Max was worried about the evidence she'd gathered. She was adjusting the crash harness awkwardly as she ran to her fighter. Most of the other berths were empty; everyone else must be out. Digger rolled underneath the X-wing and the Corellian blinked in astonishment as a frame came down over the droid's torso, locked, and pulled it up into the fighter in a matter of seconds. "Wow!"

"Told you I'd made a few improvements. Hang on, you're twisted back here." Sparky adjusted a few straps that Max couldn't reach and held out her helmet. "Most of the others took off a half hour ago."

"I had another assignment." Max reached in her pocket, digging out the rank chit and gave it to Sparky along with the device that Digger had retrieved. "If I don't make it back, make sure Husk gets this. Evidence that might lead to our spy." She glanced around the hangar again. Hollymander hadn't shown up yet, but Tehanis's ship was in its berth? "Tehanis is here? Thought she went out with Kayn?"

"She came back. Green as a Rodian, nearly hurled all over the hangar. She went off to sick bay."

"Not injured?"

"Doesn't seem to be."

And Malek was still out there with Kayn. Well, the Devaronian was a safe pair of hands. Max scrambled up the ladder, settled into the cockpit, fastening herself in, and fired up the initiation sequence, before accepting her helmet from Sparky. She checked all the indicators as Sparky, Koko, and one of the other crew made the final adjustments and stepped back. The canopy closed over her head, and Sparky gave her a thumbs up as the flight crew retreated away from the launch zone.

Max powered up, taking the X-wing up to hover a few feet above the deck, and edging forward towards the launch area. Zayne, the Gamorrean controller, was in position, doing a sort of step in place dance, while he waited for the go-ahead.

"Intrepid Traffic, Black Sheep Two, ready to launch. Requesting coordinates for the rendez-vous."

There was a pause. "Black Sheep Two, you are cleared. Transmitting coordinates, approach slow. Black Sheep Six identifying as Renegade Leader, he's got something planned. Use Channel Fifteen point thirty-two." Who was that? The traffic controller was an unfamiliar voice. Maybe Delia was on her break?

"Copy that, Intrepid." Max had to smile to herself. When didn't Kayn have some crazy idea to take down the Imps? And yet, those schemes usually paid off pretty well. She looked to Zayne and saluted. He touched his baton to his head and raised them. Ready. Max fired up the engines, and when he brought the batons down --GO!-- she surged away, dropping and flicking her X-wings to attack formation before turning towards the coordinates she was given and engaging the forward deflector shields. She had to get through this debris field, before she could help do whatever it was they were supposed to be doing.

TAG: @Vehn, @Adalia-Durron, @Sarge

Sarge, Vehn, darthbernael and 2 others like this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC: Captain Finnefrael “Feral” Ordwgal, Flight Lieutenant Amber Tehanis
    Return to the Intrepid - thanks to @darthbernael for this fun joint post

Sleep had been deep and dreamless. Amber's exertion and efforts has brought about a slumber she'd not had in many years. The medtecs had been very understanding and fed her full of electrolytes, hydration and several vitamins so as to cover all the bases. They couldn't find anything specific wrong with her, other than exhaustion, so they treated her appropriately, then escorted her to her quarters once stable and her droid ordered to monitor her condition.

That was 6 hours ago and now she lay staring at the ceiling, her headache gone, her body feeling rested and entirely 100% stronger than she'd been earlier. There'd been no contact from anyone who'd gone on mission with her, but maybe they'd told them to stay clear of her for a while? It was possible. Sitting up and swinging her legs to the side, Amber breathed in deeply and let the breath out slowly with a smile. The mission had not been entirely successful due to her efforts, but surely she'd helped? A trip to her ship to talk to Jeen and to check it out was needed, and maybe she'd find someone to clear up how well, or not so well, the mission went.

Bathing and dressing in her black and green body suit and pulling on her boots, Amber felt better than earlier and knew she needed a meal soon enough, but ship and Jeen first, "come on Squirt, you're supposed to be watching me......keep up." She said to her droid as they left her quarters, the hangar deck her main focus now.

The Recon X serenely flew through hyper, on its return trip to its mothership, the Intrepid. It, the astromech on board, and its pilot had just been through a true breaking in of its systems, as they attempted to find a spot for their little flotilla to regroup, to relax, and to get back to fighting trim. It had taken the little craft through three separate systems, the last was the best candidate for what was needed.

But, the fighter was silent for now. The little droid, Bones, was monitoring the pilot as they drew nearer to their destination. If a droid could worry, it would be. The pilot’s vitals were depressed, breathing shallow, heart rate low. But his theta waves were spiking in odd, irregular patterns. He was unconscious but his mind was racing with dreams of some sort. Bones had a command to wake the pilot just before they were to emerge from hyper, a command he was uncertain would be fulfilled.

Bones was controlling the systems of the fighter which meant that he felt the pulse of information when they were near their destination. Whistling sharply into the headphones of Feral’s helmet provoked no response. The droid tried a second time, louder and more piercing, again to no avail. The next attempt came just before they emerged from hyper, adding a short shock. Which only caused Feral’s body to arch and then slump once more.

When emergence occurred Bones had to refocus, to turn off the ECM system, and to turn the IFF back on so that the ship wouldn’t think it was an unknown approaching. The droid relayed to the controllers onboard that Delta One was inbound, adding that his pilot would possibly need some assistance when the ship arrived.

Over the course of the next twenty minutes of flight, Bones sent updates of Feral’s condition to the medbay, that he was stable save for the odd spikes of his theta waves kept them from demanding immediate attention when they arrived, deciding it had to be a side effect of the stim that he’d taken to stay awake for the mission.

--/--

Cato Neimoidia, the nightmare

The warm, moist air of the jungle around the base touched Feral’s face as he boarded his modified ARC-170. He and the other non-clones that were a part of Razor Squadron, the others mostly techs and admin, rarely flew with the clones themselves in the second seat. At least he didn’t. His R5 droid, Bones I took most of the load off of him in the battles against the Separatists. And the battle here at Cato Neimoidia was no different.

He and Bones had reached the squadron in the middle of the battle on Nelvaan. They’d had to quickly prove themselves as the first non clones to join the squadron. The clones themselves had been standoffish at first, not truly willing to accept even a near human in what had been a purely clone squadron before. But, his Lexrullan heritage and what made them different from normal humans did just that. By the time the battle was won he was no longer an outsider, he was all but one of the team. His fighter was even christened, the art slightly different, a roaring rancor, teeth bared, in the place of what most of the others had.

It had been on Geonosis that Plo Koon first guided and led the squadron, something that the Jedi did more and more often as the battle progressed. By the time the squadron was sent to Cato Neimoidia he was a trusted compatriot, leading them and minimizing their losses better than any other had done before.

All this ran through Feral’s mind as he prepared to lift, glancing over at the smaller Jedi fighter that Plo usually flew, as it warmed up. He settled into the cockpit, the hatch closing around him. Settling his helmet in place, he listened to Bones' report, telling him the ship was up, fully armed, and ready to go. With a nod at his crew chief, he lifted from the deck, in an almost synchronized mass liftoff with the rest of the flight that was to accompany their Jedi commander.

The first couple hours of battle were as fearsome and as tiring as they usually were, the droid forces, and Separatist ones, arrayed against them came in what seemed neverending waves. But their battle strategy kept them in formation and they had yet to suffer a loss.

His eyes narrowed as their opponent’s forces seemed to fall back at the same moment that the comms crackled. The image of a wizened man in robes, the face a familiar one, the Chancellor, filled the holo and he heard the words Execute Order 66.

His wingmates fell back and he heard muffled orders, causing him to whip his head around in confusion. A ship to ship broadcast crackled on his comm, “Feral…get out…get out now…the clones have gone…nuts.” In the same instant he heard the other ARC-170’s open fire. But this time their target was not the Separatist forces but rather the respected and loved Jedi who’s ship was now in front of them all.

He screamed out ”No!!!” as Bones screamed at him, making their ship evade, the fire was also coming at him, if only as a secondary target. A holo popped up, as he saw hit after hit impact on Plo’s fighter. It was an old comrade, “Get out Feral or we will have to kill you next.”

It was Bones who took action, the ARC-170 suddenly arcing upwards, power at full, racing away as Feral saw in the distance as Plo’s fighter took even more hits, finally erupting in flames as it crashed into the surface of the world. Feral screamed out, pain, anguish, and an utter sense of loss in his tone as darkness clouded his mind, dragging him into the depths of unconsciousness.

--/--

Hoth, the nightmare

Hoth was the coldest Feral had ever felt, even though he’d been to most of the Outer Rim planets in the last twenty years. He was bundled in his flight suit with a thick jacket over it, needed as the heaters keeping the tunnels from freezing did little more to warm the air. He had just left the briefing room when the klaxon sounded, warning the base that they had been compromised and that the Imperials had arrived.

It took two steps to reach the shelf that held his flight bag and helmet before he was rushing past others to reach the snow speeder that was his bird. His gunner was already in his seat, the harpoon gun tracking back and forth as the man made sure that the mechanism hadn’t frozen over since their previous flight.

Tossing his flight bag into the well for it, he pulled on his flight helmet, leaping into the cockpit. He missed his old helmet, honestly. He’d spent years working on it, upgrading it, as he just couldn’t make himself replace the helmet that reminded him of why he fought as he did, having been given it by Plo Koon after a mission that almost had his head taken off by a lucky shot and his previous helmet destroyed. But, it was stored safely with his ARC-170 and Bones I, away from where all this carnage and death was happening in the fight against the Empire.

Pulling down the canopy, he slid one arm into the strap, slapping his gunner on the shoulder, “Going to get a walker this time?” he quipped as he settled his full harness in place, quickly lighting the drive, and listening to the concise briefing. “Looks like you’ll get your chance.”

“Just point me at them and get ready for a ride.” was snapped back at him by his gunner Specialist “Fine Eye” Collum.

He snorted, lifting off, and zooming out of the ice cave hangar. He burst into a frigid daylight, zooming over the highly reflective surface of the world, the ice everywhere making it a challenge to fly. His snow speeder quickly passed the shield generators and the trench where the groundpounders would make their stand.

Waggling his wings at them, he set off toward the clouds of ice dust and ice crystals that were kicked up by the massive feet of the Imperial walkers. His gunner kept an eye on their six, making sure to call out when he saw TIE fighters go past. Thankfully they weren’t after the low level speeders, wanting to overwhelm the base quickly they focused on the troops.

Weaving between the legs of the walkers, avoiding the incoming turbolaser fire from their snouts, he blasted through the formation before wheeling the speeder around in a tight arc. Keying the microphone, ”Going to come up along one, will be seen at your 3 o’clock first.” he told Collum.

Racing back toward one walker in the middle of the pack he deployed the air brakes, slowing the speeder, and giving his gunner time to line up his shot. At this speed the speeder was squirrelly, not wanting to stay straight or even airborne. He could only hold it for a few seconds but, in that time, he missed the AT-ST that had come up on his starboard side.

Which was why he was shocked and fighting the controls when the speeder bucked, flames rising, and the engine screaming before coughing and quitting, his craft falling out of the sky at the shots from the AT-ST. The speeder nosed over, cartwheeling across the ice field, until it came to a rest, at an angle, against an ice boulder.

But Feral didn’t realize that, at first. The impact had driven him into unconsciousness. He stayed that way for several long moments, before his head shook and he lifted it from the canted angle. Realizing where and how he was situated, he hit the quick release spinning in the seat. And then collapsed against the seat, growling in pain and loss. Where the laser fire had hit had basically scooped out the back half of the speeder, only Collum’s lower half was still with him.

He whipped back around, reaching for his bag and the blaster clipped to the side panel. The hatch was jammed and, just as he finally wrenched it open, he was faced with a quartet of snowtroopers, blasters in his face. Carefully, he set the blaster down on the speeder, raising his hands. He could tell the troopers wanted him to resist so that they could shoot him.

Behind them an imperious voice came, “Hold your fire.” The clipped sound of walking came to him and he saw an Imperial officer weave between the troopers. An arrogant expression was on the man’s face as he looked Feral up and down. “A Captain, he could be of use. Son Tay for him.” he said, turning, his tone was as dismissive as his stride.

Feral saw the butt of the blaster rifle as it came for his head and the last thought he had before he fell into unconsciousness was ’That officer’s hair was red…’

The nightmare rears

Events proceeded and Feral found himself on Cato Neimoidia, watching Plo Koon be killed, again but this time it wasn’t the old clone friend warning him off, it was the guard at Son Tay that loved to torment the prisoners, a bright red sash now on his torso, in the holor.

He was walking the barracks, the heat and humidity of Son Tay bearing into him as he accompanied the guard. The man had tossed every bunk, had gone through every locker they were allowed and seemed even more annoyed that he hadn’t found anything. Yet it wasn’t their usual guard, it was an arrogant Imperial officer with bright red hair.

Crawling out of the snowspeeder, he managed to get a short distance from it before the snowtroopers caught up to him. He knew, could feel, that they wanted to shoot him right then and there. That was, until a voice stopped them. From behind them stepped a figure, dressed similarly to them, except in armor twenty years out of date. It was his old comrade from Razor Squadron, the bright red stripes of his helmet giving him away before he was dismissed to be sent off to a POW camp.

The locations changed again and again, the figures he faced again and again changed. Yet one thing remained the same, something that almost seemed to give him a lifeline of hope in the torment of the nightmares, there was always some red element that reminded him of something, something he couldn’t even remember at the moment.

--/--

What he didn’t know, deep in the torment of his nightmares was that the hardened conditioning he’d trained his mind to hold had let go. As his Recon X drew close to the Intrepid, especially as it entered the hangar, anyone with any erg of Force Sensitivity, that could feel the pain, the loss, the hurt of an unconscious mind would feel that pressing hard against their psyche.

He was so lost in his nightmares he wasn’t even fully aware he was immersed in them and couldn’t find the way to take control of the horrible dreams and get himself back to consciousness…

--/--

The Recon X slowed and swooped into the hangar, Bones audio receptors in the cockpit picking up a muttered ”Red…” as he brought the fighter to its spot. His dome spun, looking around the hangar as the fighter paused over its bay.

The droid seemed to come to a decision and the fighter flexed on its landing struts as Bones had disconnected from his bay, the fighter dropping out from under him to land. The small rockets on his legs fired as soon as he was clear, just enough to drift away from the fighter and onto the deck.

At which point, Bones began rolling around the hangar looking for one specific being.

Jeen was nowhere to be found, and knowing Ianna was back, that didn't surprise her. Walking along the length of her craft she was pleased as she ran her fingers along the parasteel, the purple was still intact. The ship was still intact and that for her was a positive for her. A sound caught her attention as an alert that something was coming in through the magfield, moving to the end of her ship Amber looked up to see who or what it was.

A pressure against her temples appeared, misery, suffering and pain. Leaning against the engine of her X Wing, Amber closed her eyes, someone was in pain, mental pain and it was pushing hard on her mind. Opening her green eyes she looked to the craft now landing, was it coming from there? Watching silently she witnessed the droid extract itself and touch down on the deck, her mind swirling with suffering she'd not felt before. Beside her Squirt rolled up, warbling quietly as it monitored her vitals.

Bones rolled through the hangar, dome swiveling from side to side. He knew who he was searching for, at least generally. Having a crew roster he was sure he’d recognize the woman when he found her. And the droids communicated amongst each other. Which caused some circuits to close, reaching out and sending a message to her droid, asking where the pilot named Amber was currently located.

Squirt whistled and pushed himself into Amber's leg, looking down at him she frowned. "What do you mean he's looking for me?" Another whistle followed by a warble and other nudge. Amber turned to look at the droid who seemed to be searching, "him?" Squirt backed up and moved around her toward the other droid, whistling and gurgling as he went. "Ok, I'm following." She muttered, pushing off the ship's engine.

Bones heard the unmistakable, at least to another droid, ‘voice’ of Squirt. His dome spun and focused on the droid, letting out a whistle that sounded almost of relief. Trundling towards Squirt, he began to whistle and tweetle in their ‘language’, explaining that Feral was unconscious in his fighter, that the exertions of the flight he’d just taken had put him in that state, and that his vitals were low and thready, as though he was stuck in some dream or nightmare he couldn’t get out of.

The droid listened before turning to his owner, urging Amber to follow before moving at speed toward the landed ship.

Amber frowned, now concerned for the pilot, “ok, I’m coming. What happened?” Once again the droid told her what Bones had said and soon they were both at the base of the ship. Amber slapped her hand on the side of the ship a couple times hoping for a response, but got none. “Great.” Looking around she found a ladder nearby and in a few seconds had it pressed up against the dark ship and was climbing it, palming the open button from the outside. The entire time the pressure on her mind increasing, the feelings of misery, pain, suffering and loss were like a wet blanket someone had thrown over her head.

She knew him, of course she did and she owed this man. With a shake of her head, she tried to clear her head, “Captain? Captain Ordwgal?” She said as she reached out to his shoulder with a little shake.

Bones sat beside Squirt near the boarding ladder, whistling in a sad, soft tone. His dome turned toward Squirt and he went on, telling the other droid how Feral had been muttering red and things like that, which was what had caused Bones to seek out Amber.

The nightmares were something that Feral wass finding he could not escape, now, even he was hearing his name being called and he was being battered around. At least that was how his mind interpreted it. He moaned slightly, head rolling at Amber’s shake. ”Red…why does…all good…have red…?” he muttered, still not aware.

Amber frowned, "Sorry? Captain? You need to wake up!" She raised her voice a little then looked down to Bones, "does he need a medtec? If he does, call one please?" Turning back she reached under his chin and undid the helmet. "Feral!! Can you hear me?"

Bones tweetled to Squirt that the med techs were aware of Feral’s vitals, that the response he’d gotten that since it was probably something that wasn’t physical trauma he’d have to be seen once he was awake and aware.

The voice was becoming more insistent, beginning to draw Feral out of the nightmare. He clung to it, awareness beginning to seep into his consciousness. His eyes fluttered open for a moment, eyes slightly unfocused. ”Oh..no…still…nightmare…but…” he tried to move his arm, reach out toward the haze of red he saw, ”red…again…please…”

Twisting her lips and wondered if it was her he meant? Looking around she saw a rag on the nearby tool trolley and in a matter of seconds she'd retrieved it and tied it over her pulled back ponytail. "Captain?! Wake up!" She urged, shaking his shoulder again, "there's no nightmare, no red...." Although that last bit confused her, it was obvious to her by his words that her hair was some sort of nightmare.

His eyes shot open suddenly, the emotions roiling within him focusing down, his body going rigid. As his eyes finally focused, he slumped back against his cockpit seat. ”Red…” he whispered, ”red saves me again…” he breathed out, his arm finally answering his mind, reaching up, fingers grazing her ponytail.

Amber raised both her eyebrows, her eyes wide as he touched her hair. "Right....." She pulled it away from him, "not saving you Sir, just waking you up from what I think was a nightmare?" The pressure on her mind, the feelings were fading now, like he'd withdrawn them and locked them back up.

As his fuller awareness began to return, Feral blushed slightly, still very weary. ”Nightmares, yes, Amber.” he said with a sigh. ”But…” his eyes drifted from hers, looking at her hair again, ”...but in each, something or someone with that color kept me from death. Every time.” He didn’t understand it but as soon as he’d seen her he’d realized where he’d seen the red in his nightmares before and his mind was now thinking hard why it associated her with being saved.

She reached up and put her hand on the rag on her head, "so I can take this off now?" She asked biting her lip, the smell of the oily rag almost making cringe at the thought of whatever was on it, was now on her hair. "I didn't save you Sir, I just woke you up." She took one step down the ladder, "medtecs are on their way."

Rubbing his face, trying to wake up more, Feral shook his head. ”First, we’re not on a mission…” he said slowly. ”So it’s not Sir. I’d rather you call me whatever feels right. And second, yes, please don’t hide your hair. And…all I can say is that was what did so, in those…” he shuddered, ”nightmares.” He began to unbuckle his harness, managing to slump against the side of the cockpit nearest the ladder.

Pulling the rag off and tossing it back toward the tool trolley she frowned, "hiding my hair did what in your nightmares?" He was more confusing than she'd first thought. "Did you hit your head?" She took another step down the ladder.

Shaking his head, wincing at the motion, he slowly lifted his left arm until he could focus on his chrono. ”No…still woozy. Awake almost two days straight before I passed out.” he mumbled. ”Every nightmare…only ended when someone with something red, hair, armor, whatever, the color of your hair…appeared and saved me.” Slowly he pulled himself up, seeing where she was on the boarding ladder, holding himself in place as he didn’t want to fall on her.

"Oh.....well, lucky for you I guess." She stepped down the ladder and took two steps back, "are you going to be right?"

When she reached the bottom of the ladder and stepped away, he swung himself to plant his feet on the ladder. Slowly descending, he swayed when his feet touched the deck. With one hand holding the ladder to steady himself, he turned to face her. ”Rest, when I can. Real rest, but I cannot get the image of you from my head.” his voice descended into a near whisper by the time he finished speaking. Sudden realization hit him, as he looked from her to the droids, ”Please…please tell me my nightmares didn’t hurt you…”

This was strange, he was acting very strange. She recalled the feelings that had surrounded him when he'd landed, the overly oppressive negative ones but she'd survived so much more in recent times and it was actually nothing more than a bit of pressure on her mind. "I'm fine.....you weren't great, but I coped fine. Image of me? What did I do?" She asked, wondering if he was now seeing something she had yet to do.

He shook his head again, trying to keep his eyes focused, ”By the end…” he blushed again, ”it was not just red but…” he looked back at her, not sure if he could meet her eyes, ”...but you who kept me from never rousing from the nightmares…” He blushed again, swaying, almost falling.

"Wow, I was confused before," she muttered, "Ok..............how the frack did I do that?" She asked, folding her arms defensively, and shifting her weight uncomfortably.

His eyes had shut again, Bones rolling close, almost supporting him as the droid contacted the medbay again. ”It was you, not just red, that came, as the nightmares all merged, that held me, that protected me.” he murmured softly.

She'd done nothing, she knew that, but if he believed she'd done something she had to accept it. His mind seemed somewhat fragile at this point. "Ok, sure, I did that." She looked around, "where are those Medtecs?"

He sighed, only his hand and the pressure from Bones keeping him upright. ”You…I’m…I know it was..in my mind…but…” he began before Bones whistled a short series, ”Two minutes…he says…good…” came out in a whisper before his hand let go and he fell over onto the deck.

She sensed it before it happened and was surging forward to catch him, lowering him to the deck. "I have no idea what's going on here, but you're not right. Stay down." One hand went to her temple, the pressure was coming back. "Stay awake.....can you do that?" Her head flipping left and right, "where are the kriffin' Medtecs!??" Amber hissed. Squirt reiterated the 'two minutes', and Amber shook her head, "too kriffin' long!"

He felt her arms catching him, felt as she guided him to the deck. ”Awake…” he whispered. Trying to lean his head back, his eyes opened, seeing the fuzzy image of her. His hand wavered as it rose, touching hers at her temple, ”Me…?” came out almost inaudibly.

The noise of raised voices near the hangar entrance began to rise over the noise of hangar activity itself. As the noise died down, the sound of rapidly approaching footsteps reached them.

As help arrived and took over, Amber crawled backward, his words and actions going around her head, mixing in with the other dark emotions that seemed to be seeping from his mind. She stayed on her knees, her fingers to her temples, "what do you mean 'you'?" She muttered as she watched the Tec's working on him. Silently she watched as he was loaded onto a hoverbed, and guided away, her eyes glued to the situation the entire time. "What do you mean?"

Feral’s hands moved, as though reaching out to her, as the medtecs worked. Their motion slowed and they finally dropped to his sides, as a sleeping aid was administered and his eyes closed, a murmured, almost plaintive ”Amber…” escaping his lips before the techs took him from the hangar.

Bones’ dome swiveled back and forth, between Squirt, Amber, and Feral. A plaintive whistle escaped and he began to roll after his master. He rocked for a moment, turning his dome to face her again, whistling out a message to Squirt, asking that she not be upset at his master, not again. With that, he turned trundling toward the exit, to follow the medtecs.

She heard her name and the pressure was strong with it, causing Amber to lower her head to her knees. Squirt stood beside her and as Bones 'spoke', his purple dome spinning with an affirmative sound. Amber didn't hear what was said, didn't hear what was being said. Between the pressure and the dark and powerful emotions behind her name, she was unable to focus.

It was only a couple minutes later that Bones sent Squirt a message that the medtecs had Feral to the medbay and were beginning a more thorough examination, although the main diagnosis seemed to be that he’d suffered total exhaustion on the mission from trying to complete it as quickly as possible.

He'd gone, the hangar wasn't empty but no one seemed to notice the young pilot on the deck with her hands on her head. Slowly Amber sat up, her eyes closed as the pressure and emotions ebbing away along with the man who was generating them. Squirt whistled quietly, and she gave a slow nod. "Ok, thank you, so much for finding Jeen." Slowly she got to her feet, "not sure I feel hungry anymore."

TAG @Vehn @TheAdmiral - anyone.

Vehn, TheAdmiral, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    OOC: Time crunch on my end so need to get this up sooner rather than later....

GM Update: Unexpected Developments

Victory II Class Star Destroyer
    Red Sunrise

Vice Admiral Stef Rho quietly watched the spinning hunks of debris below his vantage point from the bridge of his ship. He’d just received an update from the TIE bomber squadrons, and the TIE fighters for that matter, that a Rebel ship had been picked up on sensors, as unreliable as they were. That Rebel ship, however, was moving away from the last known position of the dreadnaught Scimitar.

The situation was confusing to say the least.

He’d ordered half of the available squadrons to pursue the Rebel ghost while the others continued their pursuit of the aging dreadnaught Scimitar. She was still out there somewhere, trawling the debris field, no doubt trying to hide from them or at the very least attempt an escape. Either way, she would be found shortly.

“Vice Admiral,” his second in command said standing nearby, “we’ve identified several new craft in the area. By the looks of them they’re pirates. Appears to be several Marauder class corvettes, an aging Lucrehulk, and four squadrons of Uglies. Should we engage?”

Rho stroked his chin as he contemplated his next move. The reconnaissance team that had been on the Scimitar hadn’t confirmed one way or the other that the boarding party they’d encountered had been Rebels. Perhaps they were scavengers who were doing what they did best. These could be their friends who’d come to help them out. Perhaps not realizing they were going up against an Imperial attack squadron consisting of four Victory-II Class Star Destroyers.

It was clear to Rho that the pirates had come back home to roost. Perhaps his presence in this blank sector was not a waste of his time after all. A quick battle here and perhaps he could be promoted to something larger, more substantial. He was a Vice Admiral after all. Commanding a quartet of small Star Destroyers was insulting to a person of his station. A person of his caliber. A person with his command presence.

“Engage them at once, break off the search for the Scimitar. We’ll find them once this is all done.”

A fierce battle between the pirates and the Empire erupted above, below, and inside the debris field involving TIE Fighters, TIE Bombers, and Uglies.

Those Sheep who were operating in the debris field and beneath the debris field were suddenly caught up in the crossfire….

Tag: @Sarge; @Mira Grau; @galactic-vagabond422; @Sgt.Matt; @AgentViper007; @Mistress_Renata; @TheAdmiral et al who is in space....

OOC: Consider the Sheep inside the debris field, Sarge's group, and the Sheep running CAP below the debris field, the CAG and others, to be sandwiched between a sizeable pirate force and the Imperials. I leave any and all combat up to you but please make your reactions realistic if not a bit haphazard. You've just flown into an ambush. If you so desire you can bug out of the fight. I just thought it would be an interesting twist. Feel free to down TIE fighters and any nearby TIE Bombers. Do not engage the Victory Class Star Destroyers...

[​IMG]

The MedBay

“Stabilized, finally,” the doctor grimaced as he finished the surgery that saved Commander Firmus Khairn’s life.

“Another shooting in as many days,” one of the few human nurses commented, “one would think that this ship had a security problem.”

“I think this ship is cursed,” the doctor said, “hasn’t had a run of good luck in…never mind.”

Another person was rolled into the medbay. This one suffering from exhaustion, possible dehydration, and the medical staff was already fast at work attempting to diagnose and heal. The doctor threw up his hands in frustration.

Today was going to be a very busy day….

Tag; @darthbernael; @Adalia-Durron

OOC: I figured you two have something cooking with your characters so not going to interfere here. Carry on! If you would like to speak with Commander Khairn feel free since he is slowly recovering from surgery....

[​IMG]

Intrepid
    The Bridge

“Captain,” the hologram of Admiral Cora Travyn said, “it’s time to leave the boneyard. Gather the fleet and we’ll rendezvous at Bracca. We’re repaired enough at this point to do one more jump. I’ve already given instructions to the Scimitar and the rest of the fleet. I see that old dreadnaught is already on her way out of the system.That’s all I should probably say at this point on open comms. We’ve been compromised enough already.”

“Understood, Admiral,” Husk replied, “see you on the other side.”

Husk killed the transmission and looked around the bridge. Teague had just rotated off duty and Dela was still not at her post. Fortunately, her replacement was busily manning the communications station relaying orders to the Sheep including coordinates for the up and coming jump.

“Get us outta here,” Husk ordered after confirming that all the astromechs had returned to their appropriate hangar.

As the hyperdrive spooled up and the final navicomputer calculations were made Husk couldn’t help but feel unsettled at all the developments that had occurred in recent days. Something was amiss. He just couldn’t put his finger on it.

It was then that a message came in from Lieutenant Maxime Pallas. She had something urgent to review with him but was leaving to help with the CAP around the Intrepid. They would have to speak at a later time….

Tag: @Mistress_Renata; @Mitth_Fisto; @darthbernael (for mentions only. We'll get more in depth together in the next update.

[​IMG]
    The Hangar
    Half Hour after the Sheep Launched

A Lambda-class shuttle rested quietly in the corner of the now defunct hangar bay that had once belonged to the Star Raider squadron. The Raiders had been an amalgamation of a few units, a dedicated bomber squadron, which had met an untimely demise at the hands of the Skulls in the defense of the Intrepid not that long ago.

The hangar was quiet. Almost forgotten. The mole opened a service hatch into the hangar and crept quietly toward the shuttle. Time was nearly running out to rendezvous with the Imperial attack force. The mole depressed a button near the shuttle’s nose as the landing ramp deployed with a loud hiss. The mole glanced around the hangar one last time, having disabled the security feed, and made their way into the cockpit.

The mole had just slipped into the pilot’s seat and began the engine startup procedure when a sound made them freeze. The sound of a blaster being raised, charged, and leveled in their direction. The cold muzzle of a blaster pistol pressed against their temple confirmed their suspicions. The mole’s hand went immediately to their own blaster pistol only to realize, with a cold chill slipping down their spine, that their own blaster was now pressed against their head.

Rookie mistake…the mole thought.

“Time’s up,” the figure holding the blaster tightly in their gloved hand said.

“I wondered when you’d come to finish the job,” the mole replied.

“I’m used to cleaning up your messes,” the armed figure pointed out.

“We were on the verge of something great, you know,” the mole said, “something that would finish the Sheep and this nascent Rebel fleet for good.”

“Oh, don’t you worry,” the blaster wielding figure replied, “your efforts aren’t a complete waste of time. Just know in your final moments that the mission will continue. Your part in it, however, will not.”

“So that’s it then? I’m just going to be retired? Put down?” The mole questioned.

“Something like that. For the Empire,” the figure with the blaster said.

“No, for Alderaan,” the mole said closing its eyes.

“For Alderaan, then…” the figure said as the trigger was pulled.

The darkened hangar lit up briefly with the red spark of a blaster being fired. Then eternal shadows.

The figure carrying the blaster set the weapon on the mole’s lap and left the shuttle. They were confident that the scene would be discovered in time. That the act of violence would look like an act of self harm. That was the point. This crime scene was destined to be discovered. To be seen. What came of the investigation, however, remained to be revealed….

Tag: @adaml83; @Mistress_Renata; @Adalia-Durron,

OOC: More to be revealed in a future update….feel free to investigate if you so desire. For those with Force abilities you may or may not sense the death of this particular individual....I leave that in your capable hands.

Any questions feel free to inquire....

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Kayn "So Much for That Plan" Balzroth [face_devil]
    Scrapping in the Scrapyard

Sensor warning receivers were brightening rapidly. Kayn was fairly certain the pursuing TIEs would be in visual range in a matter of moments. This party's over. He activated his transmitter. "Flight, it's time to make a break for it. Head for the edge of the debris field at your best speed. We'll keep the Imps occupied as long as we can, when our shields get weak we'll jump back to the last rendezvous and regroup there. Vet, cover Kid. Mermaid, I'll be with you momentarily." As he spoke his hands were darting around the cockpit. Shields double aft, active sensors normal mode, jammer set to TIE targeting freq and max power. He turned the control yoke and split the throttles, left engine to idle, right engine to full power for a second, then both engines to zero thrust. The black fighter spun 180 degrees and coasted as Kid, Vet, and Mermaid accelerated past. Targeting computer active, torpedo selected. He scanned the area and picked a big chunk of wreckage not far in front of the oncoming Imperial forces. Estimating speeds and distances, he waited a couple seconds for the right moment and launched his last proton torpedo.

[​IMG]

The weapon tracked straight and true, slammed into the twisted hunk of hullmetal and detonated. Pieces of metallic debris hurled forward like high-speed shrapnel, exploding into the faces of the Imperial formation. Kayn didn't wait to see what affect the blast had; he was already turning and accelerating away, trying to rejoin with Mermaid.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @Mira Grau

18. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    IC: Baniss Vermillion
    Near the hanger - Intrepid

I’m a commando, not an investigator…

Baniss’s particular specialty was not that of investigation. Searching for weaknesses, that was his specialty. He knew that any plan of escape would cause finding a shuttle to escape, which meant the shuttle hangar.

He was so close when his datapad sent a proximity alarm for blaster fire in the hangar.

Sithspawn!

He didn’t think that it would be security; they were useless. Sadly, this seemed normal for this ship. It maybe wasn’t the worst security he’d been around. He remembered when he was in a building doing his job when everyone heard a loud rolling noise on what would be the roof. A power loss followed this. Someone contacted security, a response from Security took long enough for the power to come back and everything rebooted. All security told them was that someone was working on the roof. Baniss said “And they say that water is wet…” Ahh, mostly harmless memories...

Baniss reached the hanger and found an unlocked shuttle. He kept his blaster out as he cleared the rest of the shuttle… until he got to the cockpit and an exasperated groan escaped him.

He took a holo of the body, then brought out his comm, "I need a med team to the shuttle hangar. I will leave the coordinates."

Baniss then left towards the Medbay. One thought crossed Baniss’s mind. There's another mole…

TAG: @Vehn, anyone in Medbay.

19. Trieste

Trieste Chosen One star 6

Apr 10, 2010
    IC: 21-B33R
    Watering Hole, Intrepid

It had taken longer than the droid had expected, but it was just coming to the end of its jukebox audit. Finally, it could move something off it's to-do list. And that was when the power cycled as part of Zero's valiant efforts to stop the virus played out.

Two things happened in the Watering Hole.

The first was that all of 2-1B33R's work in carefully curating the music library was washed away as the terminal reverted to its last backup.

The second was that the virus found the one place to hide left to it--a droid whose jack was plugged into an innocuous socket.

"Oh frak," 2-1B33R said just before it jolted out of the socket, falling over.

A base line of programming kicked in, made for just such an event. The droid went into safe mode, all but shutting down to the organic world and any systems that might try to interact with it.

As the light dimmed in 2-1B33R's eyes, a command fired. It was aware of a single line, hidden by some programmer 2-1B33R would never meet.

Physician, heal thy self.

If 2-1B33R could have talked, it would have said, "That's cute."

TAG: @Vehn

Vehn, darthbernael , Sgt.Matt and 4 others like this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: Traer Lin - posted with GM approval!

In the chaos of an engagement, it was unlikely he would be noticed, and so he hedged his bets that he could get to his ship and out into space. The recon-X was there, repaired from the spanner-to-the-face it had taken by the techs. Traer pulled a face at that; he could see the scuff marks.

But it wasn't his Bellabub-22, so he wasn't overly bothered.

Incom crap.

But he wanted torpedoes, so he looked for an X-wing, a proper X-wing.

He didn't need an astromech, he could do astrography by hand if need be - old school style - so why not borrow one?

There were plenty of pilots disciplined, or, well, dead.

He grimaced, a little.

The Imperial would be next.

Spies goodbye, he thought, climbing a ladder, and jumping in, pulling the cockpit close and gunning the engines.

He didn't know precisely whose X-wing he had stolen, but he didn't care.

Of course, stealing an X-wing would lean hard into the traitor accusation he was unaware of.

TAG: @Vehn, anyone

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    DOUBLE POST because @Vehn and @Mistress_Renata let me

IC: Maxime "Max" Pallas, Traer "Seppie" Lin
    Leaving the Big Eye

Max was maneuvering through the debris field, trying to figure out where Kayn and B-flight had gotten to, when Digger chirped a warning. She glanced down at the controls, and blinked as the transponder showed an X-wing launch from the Intrepid. Identified as NAME?

"Red NAME? Red Two, do you copy?"

"Red Traer," he quipped back, flying the black & purple X-wing up into the fray.

He didn't have a callsign, not now. May as well dispense with it.

"I'm hunting an Imp mole. Don't get in my way, Max."

"What mole? The one I've been hunting for months that everyone claims is a figment of my imagination? If you're flying an X-wing, you're in A-flight and you're under me. Fall in on my five." She did a double take. "Is that Tehanis's bird?"

"Probably," Traer said, lazily. "I may have not been too picky with what I jumped into."

"I don't want too say too much over comms," he drawled, "but someone was shot, while hunting the mole, and I want that mole."

He rolled up to her six, rather than five, but didn't arm any weapons.

"Tell me what you know."

Asking Max meant a distraction from whatever Tehanis was going to do to him...

Max frowned. "I said on my five," she snapped. The hairs on the back of her neck were prickling. Wasn't he supposed to be in the brig? If he was the mole, and thought she suspected...She rolled hard to the right and cut speed, so that he was beside her. "The mole is my assignment, not yours. Return to the Intrepid. That is an order."

"Sure," Traer said, neutrally, heading back towards the Intrepid, but with zero intentions of docking. But he knew Max would be too busy too do much about it any second.

Max was still frowning, watching as he turned the ship back towards the Big Eye. She opened a private channel. "Intrepid Actual, this is Black Sheep Two. Need to report Black Sixteen has an unauthorized launch and has been ordered back to the hangar." She vaguely remembered he was on thin ice as it was. If the Marines didn't deal with him, Tehanis would. She hoped the Marines got to him first.

She turned her head to see if he was continuing to comply when a stream of golden bolts went across the bow and sprayed off her shields. "Seven Hells!" Switching power to full, she turned to face the attackers. "What the--?"

Traer pulled close to the Intrepid's hull, keyed his comlink to open channel. "Traitor to the Black Sheep. I am on to you. Give yourself up, or I'll come to you."

Bluff one.

He itched to help Max and the rest, but... he had to get the traitor. Someone had to.

Max stared at the approaching ships in bewilderment. They weren't Imps. What the hell were they? Before she could contact the Intrepid, another ship roared overhead, the familiar scream of Sienar's twin ion engines and green bolts shot out at the fighter opposite her. She knew what to do about TIEs, but what about these strangers? "Intrepid Actual, Black Two, we got a situation here..."

Traer paused. "Ah, damnit."

He turned Amber's X-wing and used the thrusters at point-blank range on the hull to push him off.

"Coming, Two."

He opened s-foils and targeted the pursuit.

TAG: @Mistress_Renata, @Vehn, @Adalia-Durron, mention for @Sarge

Last edited: May 4, 2023
    Sarge, Vehn, Sgt.Matt and 3 others like this.
  22. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sgt.Matt , once again, thank you :)

IC: Artemis "Artie" Deco & Zero Maderas

Artie wished he had Zero's confidence, but he had to trust his new friend. He was sure the A wing pilot would have his back.

But what was going on? The CAG still hadn't said anything, and where were the others? There was still nothing on the sensor screens.

"Azzurro keep an eye on things, just in case someone sneaks-"

The droid then shrieked and Artie nearly let out a scream. All of a sudden there were fighters everywhere. TIE fighters bombers and….what the hell were those fighters duelling with them? Artie was glad he had his weapons armed and shields up.

And his leg started bouncing up and down like crazy. Alright Artie, try and get your game face on.

He had two options, head back to Intrepid or fight. But there was no way he was abandoning Zero, they were in this together.

"Ambush Spyguy, ambush!" Artie called over the comm "Fighters literally everywhere, we might need to fight our way through…"

The sight of a TIE-Swarm plus a smaller gankstorm of pirates made Zero's eyes bug in surprise, he was used to encountering ambushes in the past when he was with the regular flying joes but this was not any normal guerrilla attack. Damn! Pirates and Imps, great for fights but horrible guests, better keep close to Artie if we both wanna live this!

The comm unit blared up Artie's similar concerns; his voice sounded nervous; the slicer then thumbed his own unit to ease the pilots' worry. "Artie remain calm, we can take these kriffers on!" Zero then circled around the Y-Wing and into the fray. "Follow my lead and let's use these Imps and Pirates as target practice! Their ships are shoddy as their pilots!"

Pressing a few buttons into his fighter upon paging off his comm, the slicer's targeting computer popped on and he began to lineup a target on a stray TIE-Bomber being trailed by a Pirate Uglie, some hodgepodge of a old Porax-38 wings on a U-Wing fighter, perfect fodder for a A-Wing to intercept. Although, internally, Zero hoped his new friend got his message and followed after.

The storm seemed perfect for transfers like the two to make their bacon.

Artie heard Zero try to calm him down and it was working a little as his leg bouncing slowed a little. He had to try and concentrate if both he and Zero were going to get out of this.

And maybe get some kills along the way. To show that he could do it when things got tough.

As he watched his new friend move to the front, he increased speed on his fighter. He had to make sure he could keep up otherwise he would end up surrounded. This whole fight would be a fight for survival.

"Azzurro, lock on to any slower fighters like the bombers or whatever those pirates are flying. That might be a good start".

Azzurro chirped in response. He was brand new to this so it would take him a little bit longer to calculate. Wow, the droid is not what I expected. But we'll get through…

Artie could see a TIE bomber up ahead, locked on…but a shot hit his shields, startling him and he ended up firing and missing. Not a good start. And there were too many fighters around to get a lock on….

He stayed as close to Zero as he could get without either bumping him or getting in the way. Looking frantically around he knew he had to protect both himself and Zero.

"Spyguy, three more fighters inbound, looks like two TIE's and a bomber"

Two more fighters? Zero overheard Artie's voice through his comm-unit, as he unleashed laser bolts onto the twin ships ahead of him. TIE-Bomber was clipped in the wing as the Ugly's right wing broke upon bolt impact, salvaged pirate ships were not as durable as the underworld would often boast of. "What do mean three fighters inbound-" Zero's response over the comm-unit was shut down as he saw his partners warning, ahead of him in the vast sea of space debris were twin eyeballs and a larger ball coming.

Frak! Guess we have some friends wanting to play, better put this bomber down the slicer's thoughts were then dashed by the bomber blowing up from a stray pirate flying by, grey metal exploded into the vast space. Better do a tag team move with Artie, this can allow us some room to show our ships weapons.

Zero then twisted to the right side, so his friend following him could have room as well, a pilot should always allow a partner to have some firing room. "Spyguy to Art, I'm about to give you some room for a joint attack with me," The slicer crunched a few numbers on his targeting computer for the right trajectory for a joint attack, before grinning at the pattern displayed. "Set your cannons to trajectory code 2349 and we'll both have these guys splattered to the starlanes!"

"Roger that" Artie responded and locked on to the coordinates that Zero provided. And as Zero moved to the right, Artie moved to the left and pulled up alongside the faster craft so they could fire their lasers at the same time.

With everything going on though they could still miss, especially if Artie's Y got hit on its shields again.

Alright here we go…

"OK Spyguy, fire on my mark. 3, 2, 1, mark!"

Artie fired and it felt like everything suddenly moved in slow motion. His lasers lanced out…hit! YES!

The TIE exploded into a fireball, he hoped that Zero had had the same success with his shots. Artie let out the breath he had been holding, his first kill had been achieved.

No time to crow over the comm though, there were still plenty of fighters to get through.

3...2...1...LET'S RIP IT!

Zero clicked the trigger as four concussion missiles ejected from his ship towards the other TIES, Artie scored a perfect hit that ripped metal and scattered the Imp pilot into space, the slicer smiled at his friend's shot. Missiles crossed over into the other TIES, two popped the bomber and its armaments in a fireball. Yet, the other TIE was voided off its wings by two missiles; the cockpit screeched downward with its pilot hanging outside the eyeballs cracked hull. Zero winced as he saw the trooper being yanked by its oxygen and life support cords to the black void, but he relented.

"Zero to Art, you did awesome, you may take the lead this time," Zero said through his comm-unit, smiling at their tandem teamwork. "I'll follow ya the rest of the way in this dogfight."

Artie had to smile at Zero's comments. But there was that little voice in the back of his head that was saying to him that he had just killed someone. That maybe he was avenging what had been done to him at the POW camp.

He tried to shake that voice away. Now he was leading, and he had to get himself and his new friend out of this furball.

Azzurro, bless him, was trying to keep up with all the fighters around and was letting out frustrated beeps.

"Just hope you can keep up with me Spyguy" he said jokingly even though he was in the slower fighter. He started to juke and jink, but another shot hit his shields which sent him skittering sideways.

"Pirates up ahead" he noted, the Uglies were in a duel with some fighters. These pirate ships would be shielded so this meant hammering the ships with guns or using his torpedoes.

"Looks like four Uglies, two for me two for you. Why don't we share the spoils" he grinned "Might give the TIE's a fright…"

Artie armed his torpedoes he hoped he wasn't going to be wasteful with these.

"On my mark again. 3, 2, 1 mark!"

Artie fired, two torpedoes shooting out in front again time seemed to slow down as he held his breath watching and hoping…

One torpedo hit an Ugly but the other missed as the other Ugly moved away from his exploding comrade. The other torpedo did hit a piece of debris which started peppering the TIE's.

Keep up? Art, I always keep up in a dogfight.

Zero followed Art as they flew into the storm, only to see his friend get nudged by a stray ship bolt, skidding to the side. Several Pirate and Imperial ships were duelling each other, Uglies scavenged from various ship parts were making quick work of the grey eyeballs despite their small number. Then Art spoke again over the comm-unit about their four pirate targets, the slicer smiled as he heard the mention of sharing kills.

"Consider it done, Art, let's collect some kills," Zero said, as he adjusted his targeting computer and prepped his two missile launchers. Artie launched his attack, two torpedoes rushed outward; one turned a Ugly into scrap while its sibling missed its target for peppering the TIE's. Don't worry Art, I'm gonna give ya a little hand.

Zero unleashed the last two concussion missiles in his left launcher, and three from his right; while his eyes laid bare on the Ugly/TIE swarm. The first two missiles immediately tore up an Ugly trying to evade a stray fiery eyeball, causing it to already engulf the sparking, burning TIE in a explosive blaze. Latter three were not as infernal or impressive; one managed to demolish a Ugly, the others scared off the last pirate into the path of TIE Bomber Trio.

"One got away from me, Art, but it looks like I made ourselves some room in this dogfight," Zero said into his unit.

"Nice assist Spyguy" Artie responded "I think you might have just saved me there".

There was a bit of space now and the fight was beginning to thin out, but there were still fighters in front of them before they reached the safety of the Intrepid.

He had a look around and…"Uh oh, looks like we got the attention of those three TIE bombers. All three heading our way. If they get to the Intrepid it'll cause some damage".

Azzurro beeped with a suggestion "I can hopefully hit maybe two with my torpedoes if you can get the third with anything you have. Maybe weave in and out in case any TIE's or Uglies try and get us. Let's hope we get out of this one because we should be in the clear ''.

Another deep breath "Alright Spyguy here we go…3, 2, 1, mark!"

Artie began his juking and jinking going from left to right then right to left, speeding up so he could get closer to the bombers. More shots from other fights headed his way but thankfully not as much as last time.

He locked on and fired two torpedoes. Thankfully TIE bombers were slow and the first hit the centre bomber. Torpedo two hit the underside of the left bomber as it tried to pull away. The one on the right was doing the same.

Come on Zero, work your magic…

Three heavy eyeballs, coming right up behind ya good buddy.

Zero followed after Artie as they zoomed after the bombers as fire raged, X-Wings and other Rebels were weaving around collapsing enemy ships like a startled shriek hawk nest. The Bombers were slow moving barvers, Imperial machinists believed their high ordinance could compensate for things. Unfortunately, a lack of decent speed and being an easy target for high grade explosives proved many a hardy Imp wrong. Zero's partner demonstrated this by firing off two torpedoes, first scattered the eyeball in a orange explosion; second one hit the left eyeball in the underside.

All-right, Artie, let's show this straggler who's boss, Zero clamped down on his trigger and unloaded two missiles into the bomber fleeing from Artie's attack. It was a strong hit, a little too strong for Zero's own taste as he watched the Bomber turn into a cascade of orange and grey. He winced a bit at seeing the TIE's pilot floating motionless in the void, the slicer shook his head before his stomach churned up.

"Scratched that one off for the Rebel boys, let's see what these pirates ca...wait...they have that!" Zero halted his paged comment to catch an elongated ship in the distance. A dozen Uglies and TIES were fighting around its long shape, Zero knew the sight of a pirate corvette coming in the distance and the sight from his cockpit was only making him more anxious. He took a deep breath and drew back in his roguish bravado that always had his or his friends backs in the past.

"Hey Art, we have a pirate corvette coming afar in the front, wanna see if we can give those buccaneers a good burn?" Zero said bravely through the comm-unit. "I think we could thin their ranks a bit."

Just as Artie was about to congratulate Zero on hi shooting Spyguy got his attention regarding the corvette….

And Artie's heart sank. He could tell his new friend was sounding brave over the comm. And he wished he could join Zero in sounding it as well. But his leg was starting to bounce like crazy and even Azzurro sounded a scared moan.

I don't think I can do this. Hitting fighters is one thing but attacking a corvette….

He could see fighters swarming and duelling around the corvette which could be good targets. But if they tried to get closer they could be right in its sights. And if they got captured….he shuddered to think what would become of him and his friend, especially if Zero worked for criminals.

"I'm sorry Spyguy but I can't" he said his voice wavering "It's too much. I can't…." He felt like he was letting Spyguy down "I don't-"

Of course feeling panicked left him distracted, slowing him down. An Ugly spotted him dropping back and fired at him hitting him underneath and sending him spinning away. Azzurro was shrieking something about shields and all Artie could see was everything spinning.

All he could hear was explosions, lasers firing past and Azzurro's screeches. No, no, no kept going around in his head. He had to try and get control back and head back to Zero.

"Spyguy…" was all he could say weakly over the comm.

"Hang On Art!" Zero punched into overdrive as he followed after his spinning friend, the Ugly that clipped him was coming towards the A-Wing as they flew in the void. The slicer dashed away his plans on taking the corvette after hearing his friends' rather panicked tone on the comm-unit, Zero was not exactly one for endangering partners in the field, not after what happened to Luma did that ever come again. Smile you sonnuva, he clicked the last release of his final missile towards the Ugly, some pirate hodge-podge of a N1 starfighter and a tug.

The Ugly tried to fire back but the missile hit first, rupturing the pirate ship into shrapnel as Zero scooted past and pursuing his spinning friend. Clicking on the comm-pager once more, Zero frantically called into his friend as the X-wing battle raged on, hoping him or his droid to pick up first.

"Artie, Azzuro, speak to me! Are you okay!" He called over to the bomber. "Artie!"

Artie tried frantically to control the spin, he was going in and out of consciousness as he kept spinning. He could hear Zero's voice calling frantically over the comm for him.

Got to get back under control, got back to Zero, can't leave him behind…

Azzurro was now sending very concerned beeps his way and was trying to help out any way he could. It was his first proper outing as well and he was concerned for his human pilot.

The spin eventually flattened out as Artie wrestled the craft back to its original position. Azzurro sounded relieved as he chirped at Artie before another sad moan as he related the bad news.

Artie looked at his sensor screen through the fog of his brain. Zero had thankfully followed and Artie led them away to a hopefully quieter part to assess the damage.

He opened the comm "I'm here" he said and he still sounded weak, he felt like he had just been in a spin dryer "Shields are gone, damage to the underside, torpedoes are offline but i've still got cannons and engines still alright".

He shook his head as he pulled back to come alongside Zero "Sorry Spyguy, I messed up badly. Got distracted and…" he sighed "didn't do what a wingman should do".

He looked around "I still see Uglies about. I can cover you from behind, but with no shields if I take another hit…" he didn't even want to think about the rest. "You are my wingman, I'll stick with you until the end. I'm not running away"

"No need to worry about the pirates, let's just finish off any stragglers that come our way," Zero took the front of his friend's bomber in a shielding position as the battle raged on. TIES and Pirates being slagged from high heaven to low frak, adding on to the boneyard's endless amount of scrap metal. A few burning up Uglies and TIES unshielded, looks like its easy pickings for you and me, Art. Zero then adjusted his shields and guns while keeping a close eye on his friend's signal on his A-Wings sensors. "Art, I see some TIES trying to limp over to our little ship, I'll shield ya through this storm!"

Artie still felt like he had let his new friend down but he couldn't think about it now, no more distractions.

He just had to keep behind Zero and make it back to Intrepid in one piece. He was impressed with Zero's skills though, he was blowing up starfighters for fun and who knew how many kills he had. Artie was content with his four, but there was still that little nagging voice that he had killed people.

Artie followed Zero comming back with a "Copy that Spyguy '' to his instruction that he would shield him. "Azzurro, keep an eye on my backside, I don't want anyone sneaking up on us". Azzurro answered with an affirmative beep.

Spotting the TIE's and making sure it was safe to do so he quickly pulled out and fired shots with his cannons and then slid back into the protection of Zero's A wing. The TIE's scattered thanks to his shots, but maybe Zero could rack up more kills thanks to them scattering.

Artie kept on popping out and in scattering shots off to clear the way for Zero. Almost home Artie, keep Zero covered….

Approaching Intrepid he then moved alongside Zero and looking across pointed at Intrepid and then gave a 'down' signal.

"Copy that Art, let's go downward" Zero nodded at the pilot close by to him, he followed by dipping downward of the Intrepid, going below the ship. He adjusted his sensors after the little scatterblast his friend gave back there with the TIES, a few sparking blips appeared on his screen and one fat blip meandering around under the ship in a circling motion. Yet, much to his shock, some of the blips were towards the fat one and disappearing. Better get my partner pumped, we may have a wounded Ugly awaiting us below.

He turned towards his partner close by to his A-Wing. "Art, circle behind me, we have a wounded Ugly waiting below and it may have a few fangs left. When we go below, stay behind me and I'll shield ya from any of our guests' fangs..."

It looked like Zero had gotten the wrong message, Artie had indicated to go and land but Zero was dropping them below. Well done Artie, should have commed that across.

Now there was an Ugly around, Artie did as instructed, slowing down and moving behind back under the protection of the A wing in front.

Artie did the same again, popping out when safe to do so to pepper the Ugly and move it away from the ship.

"Art to Spyguy, I think it's time to head for home don't you think? I need to get this wishbone back to get fixed. And I need to…er…set down" the adrenaline was wearing off and he was beginning to shake a little.

He wondered if maybe he had come back to the fight too early…

Set down? Well it's a bit early for quick repairs but maybe Art is a bit tuckered out from our little jaunt in the fields, I'll escort him back and we can reconvene with the rest. Zero swerved the A-Wing back the way they came, especially when two other X-Wings decided to join in on them and converge on the pirate, the slicer did not care for his partner was in need of some tuneups back at the Intrepid. Also, the firefight was getting more and more strenuous; Zero saw that ships were being bombarded or turned to scrap and the pilot was starting to ponder the issue of his new friend getting added to the boneyard. Everything's going topside, better get my bud and my butt in the greasepit for some repairs before any Imps get wise.

"Spyguy to Art, I think we might be thinking the same thing, my ship's systems are need of a checkup and your wishbone might need some assistance too. Let's bounce back to the hangar for some rest" Zero chimed into his comm-unit as he pulled up his yoke so his A-Wing could reach upward for the level where the Intrepid hangar was held. "Also, I heard we got ourselves a new cook in the mess, guy's supposedly a vet from the Clone Wars..."

TAG: @Vehn, @Sgt.Matt

23. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Fun combo with Adalia-Durron and TheAdmiral - HUGE thanks to Bernael for gathering it when this old bag was past her bedtime and couldn't concentrate!!!

IC: Captain Finnefrael “Feral” Ordwgal, Flight Lieutenant Amber Tehanis, Sergeant Sunwalker
    Intrepid hangar and medbay

As the Doctor demanded, conversation in the medbay was hushed, kept just loud enough so that the medics and nurses could pass information between them. There were currently two patients, one with physical wounds and one who was being kept sedated. The doctor's team had finally stabilized the one with the physical wounds and the second was now the focus of activity at the moment as the medics could not determine what injuries he had save for deep exhaustion and dehydration. However there were unconfirmed reports that, somehow, this man had been affecting one of the other pilots' mental state when he returned to the Intrepid. Which, the doctor sighed, probably meant more taxation of their already strained mental health doctor.

He walked over to the man's bed, looking down at the patient. He knew the patient's name and vital statistics. He didn't know as much about the man's people other than they were near human. However, he could see that there had to be differences between this patient's people and vanilla humans. For example, he knew the man was 46 but his appearance and his vitals, save for the dehydration and fatigue, were those of a human approximately the same age as most of the pilots of the Black Sheep. There was no evidence though, that he had any Force ability, at least none on record, which made the reports from the hangar about what happened so odd.

The man stirred, the sedative already apparently wearing off even though the techs had administered it in the hangar only about a half hour before, at most. His mouth opened and a dry, dusty whisper came forth. "Why her? Why….red?"

The doctor shook his head at the question. He feared that the answer to it would throw his stable, peaceful medbay into an uproar. Even here they were not immune to the rumors that floated around any ship of the line. He'd heard the nurses talking, had heard one say "Jocelyn is going to shoot him if he keeps talking." Another had responded, "Not if Amber doesn't magically throw him against a wall first."

He knew, having a full crew roster at his disposal, knew who his nurses were discussing. With another sigh, he signaled his aide, a junior doctor. Better to lance a boil than let it fester was always his philosophy. "Contact Flight Lieutenant Tehanis and Sergeant Sunwalker separately and have them report to my office." He ordered. As his junior scurried off to do so he checked on both patients again before striding off to the small office that he was allotted, just next to the medbay, to wait for the two pilots.

Jocelyn was getting ready to launch when she noticed Feral getting back. It felt as if they had been together a moment ago, but had not been able to check her chrono to say exactly how long it had been. She was about to comm him to say something witty when she noticed something wrong. There were medics coming towards the X-wing.

She frowned. That was unusual. "Pause the launching sequence." she instructed her astromech and removed her helmet, her raven hair tied in a neat bun underneath. She pressed the button for the cockpit to open and jumped down. Her knees almost buckled, good thing she had done it before.

There was a surprised yelp from the technicians nearby. Jocelyn was doing something so uncharacteristic. She was disobeying an order, but she cared for Feral very deeply... She even... even... seemed to love him. If she were back in the Empire she would have simply launched!

The medics took Feral in a gurney. Her ankles and knees hurt from her jump, which slowed her down. She ignored queries about what she was doing. She would go to the med bay to see what had happened. She could not join a battle without knowing his status.

The junior doctor, having just gone through the short but extremely annoying few minutes of no power, during a procedure, chose to ask two orderlies to track down the two pilots that the boss had requested. The last place that Flight Lieutenant Tehanis had been seen was the hangar and Sergeant Sunwalker had been in the process of departing to join the fight outside the Intrepid.

The two orderlies, orders in hand, hurried through the ship until they reached the hangar. The job of the first was made easier because he saw one of the women already heading away from her ship. Coming to a halt before her, “Sergeant Sunwalker, the Chief Medical Officer has requested your presence in his office.”

The second, having broken off from the first, headed towards where Captain Ordwgal’s fighter was parked. Thankfully, in his opinion, the one he was seeking was still on the deck by that craft. He found her kneeling and holding her head. “Flight Lieutenant Tehanis, Ma’am, can you hear me? The Chief Medical Officer asked for your presence in his office.”

She had no idea how long she’d been there, her head so full of painful thoughts and memories. They’d eased a little when the man had been taken from the hangar, but the residual pain was still present. She’d lifted her head, noticing not a single being on the hangar had asked her if she was ok, or if she needed help. Then again, what she’d done in the tavern had ripped through the ship, and Amber wasn’t really surprised no one offered to help for fear of what she could do.

Someone was asking for her attention and through the haze she looked up, “huh? Me? Why?” She asked confused. The voice was insistent, so with effort, Amber got to her feet, “lead the way.” She grunted.

Jocelyn did not make it to the corridor before she was approached by two orderlies. At first she thought they might be MPs, she had not registered their uniforms, just the fact that two people were coming towards her so she had assumed that someone was not happy with her refusing to launch and going on a stroll through the hangar. She blinked when she got addressed and simply nodded. Her voice was shaky and she did not want to reveal how worried she was. It was not good that she had been summoned by the Chief Medical Officer. Feral's condition might be critical...

The orderly with Amber, seeing the distress she seemed to under, guided her gently through the hangar, heading down the corridor, “Flight Lieutenant, are you well?” he asked, concern in his voice. So much had been happening recently that he needed to be sure, so that when they reached the Surgeon, he could inform that officer.

Turning on his heel, the orderly with Jocelyn began to exit the hangar, seeing his counterpart departing ahead of him. With the gap, he let it remain, uncertain if they should go together. But the other pair was far enough ahead to make the point moot. His head turned, glancing at Jocelyn, “How much do you know of the condition Captain Ordwgal returned in?”

"No," Amber grunted, it was an honest answer, "so much pain and suffering, I can feel it, its not recent, but it's like a terrifying ghost....and its haunting him....trying to drive him insane." Her hands still on her temples. "When he's awake I can't feel it, but when he's unconscious like now.....it's over powering." It was clear to her that Feral had demons, horrible one's he'd managed to control so long as he was in control.

He wasn't right now and Amber now knew about them.

The orderly nodded, taking a datapad from a pouch at his waist. The Assistant Surgeon had asked for any information that could help so he recorded it to ensure that the Surgeon had it available when they arrived. “The last diagnosis the Surgeon gave was severe dehydration and fatigue, although the psych evaluation has not yet been able to have been done.” he informed her, tone calm and clinical.

Amber shook her head gently, "he won't find it, its not physical, and if he's been out here this long, he's not about to let any psychologist find it. I'm feeling it, through....." everyone knew, or they heard the rumour, "Through the Force." She confessed.

Jocelyn frowned at the question. This sounded pretty ominous! What was the mission he had been sent on!? There was something very off and her heart was beating pretty fast. "No, I just saw the gurney and the medics taking him away. That was why I aborted the launch. Could not fly while I am concerned about him."

Nodding at her response, “Flight logs show that Captain Ordwgal stayed awake for almost a full day and a half, in his latest mission. The reason of his mission is blacked out, for the commander of the Intrepid’s eyes only. But he returned, delirious, dehydrated, and exhausted.” he stated, reviewing the file. “You were requested by the head surgeon, as he has found no physical reason why he’s in the deep state he is.”

Eyes widened, hearing what the Flight Lieutenant had admitted. There were rumors that the redhead could use the Force but the orderly had never seen someone react to someone else’s mental state as she was describing. He tapped what he’d learned into the datapad as they reached the lift, certain the surgeon would want that information. “The Captain,” he pulled up the records, large sections blank from between the Clone Wars and joining the Rebellion, “he has been involved in many conflicts. But, the reason you were requested was that he keeps mentioning you, in his sleep.”

Amber looked up from where she'd been focusing on the floor as he head rolled with emotions, "Me? Why me? I didn't know him before he pulled me off Son Tay....never met him before.....why me?" Not only was her mind swirling with emotions, but now he was claiming to know her, she had never met Feral before that night. Sure, she was a little overwhelmed when an attractive man offered her an escape, and she was taken for a bit, but now? Her focus was on MacKenzie, despite the fact he still wanted to pretend there was nothing, she could feel it, there was more.

The orderly shrugged, “I usually just deal with too strong Marines when they’re thrashing about on the table. You’d have to ask the head Surgeon. And even he might not know, if what you said is correct then it’s something in his mind, not physical.” he admitted.

"It is..........it really is." Amber muttered, with a shake of her head.

Jocelyn listened at what the orderly was telling her. It did not make sense. Feral should be able to withstand such conditions for a day. After all he had experience from SonTay. "Let's hear what the Surgeon has to say." she said cautiously. Best not jump to conclusions.

The orderly nodded as he guided the Sergeant down the hallway. The lift had already gone up with his companion and the Flight Lieutenant so he pressed the stud and waited for it to return. “I’m sure that the Surgeon will sort this, Sergeant, even though nothing physical has been found yet.” He told her as he glanced into the lift tube, nodding at seeing the lift itself descending towards them.

That was strange. Nothing physical. Joy wondered what that could be. Either way she was going to find out soon enough. Hopefully the Surgeon will make more sense and will have more information. She did not like the situation at all. Feral going on a secret mission, then returning and having to be taken to the infirmary right away... There was more going on and that made her very, very nervous.

As the lift finally reached the hangar level, the orderly stepped aboard, with Jocelyn. “I have seen strong beings, or those that appear strong, are often the ones that hold or hide what has once made them weak. And, often, it can be the smallest thing that cracks that shell.” He was considering all that he'd seen and the many pilots that had come through the medbay in the time he’d served on the ship, as he spoke.

On the level of the medbay, the orderly with Amber knocked on the Surgeon’s door. “Come!” was the response and the man opened the door. He gestured, letting Amber enter before he closed it behind her. The Surgeon looked up from a datapad on his desk, “Ahhh, Flight Lieutenant Tehanis, have a seat.” he said, with a gesture at the two seats opposite where he sat. “I have the notes the orderly wrote of your conversation and I must ask, are you sensing Captain Ordwgal right now?”

Her finger tips pressing into her temples, Amber was led and guided to sit down, knowing that she'd not been guided so, she'd be somewhere sitting on the floor holding her head. She looked up at the man, and expression of pain on her face, "what do you think?" She asked, "when he's awake, or sleeping, I can't feel him...unconscious.....you have to wake him up." She said, shutting her eyes tightly as another wave of emotions rolled over her.

“Intriguing.” the Surgeon murmured before reaching over to the call button. Pressing it, the intercom came on, “Attempt to wake Captain Ordwgal, or bring him to a more level sleep level, please.” Receiving an acknowledgement he turned his attention back to the Lieutenant, “This pain he is causing, is it simple pain or are you receiving imagery? I apologize for my curiosity but I do not have as much experience with Force users.”

In the holoscreen on his desk the image of one of the nurses approached the mumbling form of Feral in his bed in the medbay. She injected something into one arm causing him to call out before he began to slowly settle on the bed, the nurse monitoring his vitals.

Jocelyn nodded and followed the man into the elevator. What he was saying was true. Either way she was going to find out soon enough. Joy tried to restrain herself from tapping her foot nervously.

Unable to look up, tears burning her eyes, Amber wasn't in pain, not her per say. "Images, his suffering....the past, so must loss, death." She'd begun to breathe a little heavier, and her balance was being tested, she put her hands on her temples. "Never felt...seen...this before....why now? Why me?" She asked again, she'd never felt anyone's pain like this before, she often knew when people were angry, sad, happy or about to do something but never had anyone's personal images flash through her mind like, and it felt like a lifetime of suffering. They had to wake him up, she couldn't take this for much longer and had no idea how to block it.

Sensing the woman’s impatience, the orderly remained silent, wondering what was normal anymore and why this pilot and the other were the two that the Surgeon had requested. He was low on the totem pole of rank so he simply shrugged, glancing at the display as it flickered past each level. Even though it was only about thirty seconds it felt like a half hour before the lift stopped, on the medbay level. “Almost there, Sergeant.” he said, guiding her toward the Surgeon’s office.

The Surgeon frowned, “So…you are seeing events from his past…hmmm.” He tapped his stylus on the desk, as he thought. Glancing at the holo he could see the Captain stirring some as the shot the nurse had given began to take effect. “When he wakes we can be sure but I must wonder if something happened to him recently that affected his mental state, besides the last mission.”

A knock came at the door, “Enter.” He called out, the door opening and the second orderly ushering in the other pilot he’d requested. “Thank you for joining us Sergeant Sunwalker. Please take a seat beside the Flight Lieutenant.”

The door opened and Amber felt compelled to look at who was coming in. Turning she caught sight of Joy, and a hint of confusion coming from the woman. With no idea why she'd been dragged into this, Amber had no energy to consider Joy's place in this. She knew Feral and Joy were an 'item', but how she fitted into this made no sense as if the man wanted someone to know his thoughts, his memories, his feelings....he'd have told them himself. What she was 'seeing', would not be shared, regardless, it was private in Amber's belief and she'd only talk to Feral himself about them.

Once they arrived Jocelyn stopped in her tracks seeing Amber already there. What was she doing!? Joy clenched her teeth and decided not to say anything before learning more. Amber's presence in relation to Feral made her insecure as she was not sure what was going on between the two. Feeling as if he wanted to be with Amber and was only with Jocelyn out of some sense of duty. She stepped in the room and decided to wait until she was being addressed.

The Surgeon shook his head, feeling the tension in the room that had risen when the Sergeant entered. He glanced at the holo where the Captain’s biorhythms were leveling off, appearing to soon be waking. Returning his attention to the pair before him, he gestured at the empty seat once more. “Sit, Sergeant.” his tone firm. “I was just discussing the Captain with the Flight Lieutenant, what appears to be what is causing his impairment.” His caring yet hard eyes met those of Jocelyn, “Tell me, did anything unusual happen on the mission you and he were on before the one he went out on.”

His gaze swiveled to Amber, “You didn’t have a chance to respond to that before the Sergeant arrived so while she answers I would have you think on what could have impaired him. And, if anything comes to mind, tell me.”

Jocelyn nodded and sat in the offered place. She felt rather stiff. At that moment she looked like an Imperial officer once again. Her face stony and her posture rigid. Looking only at the Surgeon trying not to let her mind wander anywhere she might not like. Besides she had not heard anything yet to indicate what was going on.

She paused for a moment to consider the question. "Everything seemed normal, aside from us pushing our crafts to the limit." she said cautiously "There was a brief encounter with a Wraith or however he called the creature. Maybe his astromech keeps logs of our conversations?"

Amber was so uncomfortable, now with her feelings a mess and being unable to control them, a wash of suspicion and dislike had entered the room. Vaguely she wondered what she'd done to Joy to earn the bitter emotions the woman was exuding. Keeping her eyes down she found the pressure and images easing, 'he must be waking up' she thought, hoped. Choosing to remain silent, she remained silent.

If he’d had a monofilament scalpel the Surgeon could have cut the tension in the air between the two women with it. He listened carefully as the Sergeant spoke, tapping on the keyboard on his desk. A file pulled up, the droid had downloaded his telemetry and data from the mission that the Sergeant had mentioned. There was silence for a time, the only real movement was his eyes as he read the file. They widened as the droid mentioned his sensors picking up a change in the Captain’s brain waves when this creature he saw appeared.

Finally, he glanced up, eyes flicking to the holo, as he saw the Captain stirring more. “Whatever that creature was, Sergeant, when the Captain encountered it, something happened in his mind. I have heard of the creature before but do not know it.” he admitted.

As the Surgeon opened his mouth to speak again, Feral sat bolt upright on the medical bed, the orderlies rushing to attempt to make him lay down as he called out, ”Amber…Joy!!” The Captain’s cry made the Surgeon close his mouth and sigh, apparently there was more here than he knew. Standing, “Both of you, come with me, we need to see what the Captain has to say.”

Amber had been ignoring everything, her pain easing slowly. Then she heard her name, then Joy's. What was going on? She looked up confused, and when ordered to follow she was utterly dismayed as she stood slowly.

Jocelyn was not sure exactly at whom she had been angry. At Amber? The young woman had not done anything directly. At Feral? He seemed drawn to Vixen or maybe she had been reading too much into things. But the fact remained they were both asked to come. Her anger mixed with the confusion and worry over his condition. She barely controlled herself. If only she had not fallen for him, she would have simply flown towards her target, did her job, then maybe get a drink with Lou or just head towards her cabin. Relationships always complicated things and she needed to be back in control.

Then Feral seemed to wake up. Calling them both... That did not help assuage her fears. If it had been simply either one of them, it would have been easier.

Why do men always complicate things!? Jocelyn thought as she stood up to follow Amber.

Standing, swiping a hand across his desk to close everything that was currently open, the Surgeon walked out from behind it, going to a door in the wall opposite the one the Flight Lieutenant and the Sergeant had entered. Turning his head to face both of them, “The Captain is still weak from dehydration and whatever has happened to him. He is my patient and if there are any issues I will ask one or both of you to leave. I have not been able to ignore the tension in the air, which focuses around him.”

Reaching for the door latch, “If he seems out of sorts that is why, disorientation after being so woken. Although, with what may be the issue, he is potentially mentally fragile at the moment, as well.” With that, he opened the door, stepping through, and allowing the two women to enter.

Feral heard the door open, the medbay being mostly quiet otherwise. His head swiveled towards it, blearily looking at the Surgeon before his eyes widened, seeing both Amber and Joy enter. They narrowed again as he focused on the Surgeon, wondering what the man was doing. One hand rose to wipe the sleepiness from his eyes, a weak ”Hello…” directed at the two women. ”What…what happened…?”

Jocelyn looked down, feeling guilty for causing the tension, but she could not help it. Once in the room she tried not to run to his side. Best to leave such theatrics. It was not necessary. Her face softened though as Feral seemed to have woken up. "You tell me." she tried to sound calm, her eyes watering a bit from the worry "You arrived and then I saw you be taken by a gurney!"

Standing close to the door, Amber had one hand to her temple, the 'sounds' and 'feelings' had quietened, and she was able to focus now. Still unsure as to why she was there and what she could do. Joy's suspicions were screaming like flashing red lights at her, and the last thing she wanted to do was cross the former Imperial. He asked what happened, and she was not going to answer that, she wasn't sure herself.

The Surgeon had questions but, with the Captain awake and speaking, he stayed silent, wanting to see how this moment played out. Something about these women, one at least, had triggered something in the Captain and anything that would add data to the report he needed to write about the man’s condition would assist in his treatment.

Feral winced as he shook his head. ”Last thing…” he glanced back and forth between the two women, even exhausted he knew this was a delicate moment. ”...I recall is passing out on the trip back here. There’s flashes of being wakened when I arrived, of someone pulling me out of my fighter, and now I’m here.” he said carefully. ”Something…something has been…” he reached up, fingers rubbing his temples. ”...causing bad dreams, nightmares. But something…” He massaged his temple even more, ”...kept pulling me out of them.”

Emerald green eyes flared wide for a moment but Amber regained her composure quickly. She'd not induced any such dreams for nightmares, she'd not tried to 'pull him out' of anything, all she'd done was suffer with him.

Or had she?

Had something she'd done triggered his agony? Lowering her gaze she tried to find a reason, a trigger, an action that could be traced back to her to blame for this.

She found nothing.

Jocelyn stood there silently, not sure what to make of what Feral was saying. She was not good with the medical mumbo-jumbo, so she could not offer anything. "And how are you feeling now?" was the best she could produce at that moment.

Feral’s eyes flicked over at the Surgeon for a second at the question, before returning to look at Joy, ”I…I’m doing better, just tired.” he said carefully. ”But,” he tried to smile, ”I think I need liquid refreshment, the high test kind, before I rest, to calm whatever fragged my mental defenses.”

One of the Surgeon’s eyebrows rose. The Captain was, technically, correct. He wasn’t physically injured, the dehydration had been treated with fluids, he was still in a state of exhaustion, but he was a doctor of the physical, not of the mental and the Captain’s problem seemed of the latter. “Captain,” he turned his steely eyes toward the Flight Lieutenant and Sergeant, “if one or both of these pilots can assist you I will conditionally release you. But you need a psychological assessment before you will be cleared to return to flight duty.”

Amber could 'feel' Joy didn't want her there, 'feel' the tension and you didn't have to be a Force user to notice. Thinking back she'd noticed him quite clearly when they'd met and even afterwards, feeling an invisible pull toward him, but then Jocelyn happened. The last thing Amber needed was a jealousy filled former Imperial on her six, so she'd simply started to ignore Feral. Till the bar, but that wasn't personal, that was she had a feeling she needed to stop something and she had, that simple, or was it? Holding both hands up defensively she gave her head a shake. "Not me.....I don't even know why I'm here, I just found him." She stated simply, not wanting any part of Joy's potential wrath.

Jocelyn gave Feral a small smile at his attempt at humor, but she was not feeling it. She hoped that she would be able to hold it together long enough. She was not sure how she felt angry, confused, worried, jealous even (though not sure why exactly). She took a peek at Amber, what was the connection between the two of them? Why she felt threatened by her presence in Feral's life? Was it because she felt that Feral was with her only out of some sense of obligation, that he had promised to be with her to her parents? Deep down she feared that he was going to abandon her and she would be alone again.

"I can help him." she said "Though maybe it will be best for him to stay in the medbay for observation?" she looked at the Surgeon.

The Surgeon took in the reactions of the Flight Lieutenant and the Sergeant. His face remained impassive at their actions but, as the Sergeant spoke, he turned to the nurse who had been caring for the Captain directly. One eyebrow arched in a silent question and she nodded. The datapad that was the chart for the Captain’s condition was brought to the Surgeon who silently perused it for several moments.

Tucking it under his arm, he looked back up at the women. “What do either of you know of the near human Lexrullan?” he asked. “Remarkable creatures, longer lived, not many ever evince Force ability, but in this case the feature of their genetics that matters is that they heal rapidly.” He glanced over at Feral, “Now that the dehydration has been reversed, all the Captain needs is sleep.” His eyes flicked over at the Flight Lieutenant, “True sleep, not what you mentioned, Lieutenant. Which would, in my medical opinion, be more likely to happen in a familiar environment, such as his quarters, not the medbay. A medical tag will remain with him so that, if there are complications it will summon the medics to return him here.”

Nodding to the Captain, “I’d prefer that not to happen Captain, so I wish you well.” Turning back to the pair of women, “I would keep him otherwise, for a night of observation but, with this ship and missions, I will probably need the bed soon, for a physical injury. Now, Sergeant, you volunteered, please assist the Captain to his quarters.”

TAGS: @Vehn, @Adalia-Durron (Mentioned), @TheAdmiral (Mentioned), @Sarge, @Rebecca_Daniels, @Sinrebirth, @Mistress_Renata, and everyone else sorry but 10 TAG max so took the first few I saw as well as the GM.

Sarge, Vehn, Mistress_Renata and 3 others like this.
  24. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    GM Update: Part One
    The Ending of a Prelude

The Knifong Boneyard Battle

The Sheep tore into the mixed Imperial and pirate formations with dramatic and devastating effect. The efforts of their pilots, new and old, created a window for the Rebel fleet to escape. The fleet and their fighters took the opportunity to sneak away from the ongoing battle between the Empire and the pirates and rendezvous, together, at a planet that had fallen off the proverbial map.

Bracca.

Intrepid
    Hangar Bay
    Former Home of the Star Raiders Squadron
    Enroute to Bracca

Captain Adama Husk, accompanied by Colonel Paul Teague, folded his arms behind his back as the medical team lowered the black body bag to the cold hangar floor. A quartet of Marines stood guard, weapons at ready, in case anything untoward happened. There was no point in beating around the bush now. Security, maybe even the entire Intrepid, was potentially compromised. The mole had been caught. Cornered. All signs pointed to a self inflicted blaster wound to the head. An investigation into that incident remained to be completed.

Quietly, Husk hoped, that with the mole deceased, the Imperial presence on his ship would cease. Would die a fast death. Would go away. That sense of normalcy could resume. Law and order would be a good start.

One of the members of the medical team gestured to open the body bag. It was time to reveal the mole. Time to reveal the answers to the greatest troubles the crew of the Intrepid had faced these past few months since Hoth.

Husk sighed as he nodded his head and gave his approval. He was growing tired of the security issues aboard the Intrepid. Tired of the boldness of the Imperial mole and their growing efforts to sabotage the Rebel operation. Tired of the running. Tired of the strain of command. Tired of the entire damn operation. Still, there was no quit in him. He would fight to the end. Mole or no mole.

The zipper on the body bag was slowly pulled open. A face, what was left of it, peered upward in that sickening, vacant, stare that only death could bring. Husk wanted to look away but couldn’t as he immediately recognized the face. A wave of shock hit him hard in the gut. Disbelief. Disappointment. Even, perhaps, grief.

The face of the mole belonged to none other than Communications Officer Dea Iela.

“Even the fall of Alderaan couldn’t save her from treachery,” Teague admitted.

“I’ve seen enough,” Husk grunted as he turned to walk away.

Only the sound of the zipper being secured could be heard throughout the hangar as Husk departed bearing the heavy burden of treachery and distrust on his already overworked shoulders.

Something was wrong here.

Very wrong.

Several Hours after the Battle of Knifong Boneyard

[​IMG]

The Rebel fleet had rendezvoused at Bracca without incident.

They’d entered the system on the far side of the planet as they nervously began to corral the snubfighters arriving from the action around the Knifong Boneyard. A nervous silence descended upon the small fleet as they had been hunted by the Empire for as long as any of them could remember. As the minutes and hours ticked on by the fleet waited. Waited for another Imperial starship to ambush them. Waited for the arrival of the Skulls. Waited for the very destruction of everything they held dear.

Nothing came.

Nothing followed the fleet. Not this time. Not at all. For once, it seemed, the Rebels had finally slipped their pursuers. The A-wings of Viper squadron immediately began a routine CAP around the fleet, supported by the X-Wings of Intruder squadron, as the last elements of the Black Sheep landed in the hangar.

For Traer Lin he was met with a quartet of Marines who promptly took him away to the brig for stealing Amber Tehanis’ X-Wing amongst other recent violations. His fate appeared sealed.

For Commander Firmus Khairn, who was closer to recovery now, all he could see in his medically induced dreams were the cold eyes of Communications Officer Dea Iela as she pulled the trigger that nearly ended his life. His eyes snapped open in the medical bay as a low moan escaped his lips.

“Iela…” he cried out.

For Lieutenant Maxime Pallas a message awaited her from Captain Adama Husk. An urgent meeting was requested at once. Bring Digger.

For Baniss Vermillion and Mackenzie Hollymander they were also requested to meet with Adama. A lot had happened since the Sheep had scrambled out of the hangar.

For Captain Kayn Balzroth he’d gotten the mixed flight back to the Intrepid safe and in one pieces. He’d also returned with an old friend who’d once called the Black Sheep home not to mention bringing Zara Yaren’s A-Wing back to the Intrepid without any damage.

For Artemis Deco he’d proven himself in the fires of the Knifong Boneyard. He was one of the Sheep now.

For Zero Maderas his flying skills had certainly improved but it had been his quick thinking that had saved the Intrepid from the worst Imperial attack of all: the virus.

For Akiva her efforts in securing the Dreadnaught Scimitar earned her the praise of Harley Quinn and Lieutenant Louise Vehn who now understood why Akiva had been sent to the Sheep to begin with: a resourceful being she was.

For Lieutenant Louise Vehn and Sergeant Joy Sunwalker it was the revelation that Ianna “Kid” Mcear was flying with the Sheep again as the two women who’d become the heart and soul of Charlie Flight reunited with their old wingmate in a reunion for the ages.

For Amber Tehanis, who'd helped destroy numerous Gozanti cruisers using the Force, perhaps she would have more opportunities to showcase her growing powers....

For Feral who'd helped find Bracca and relay the coordinates to the Rebel fleet there too would be a recognition by command that there had been a job well done. A move that, potentially, may have saved the Sheep from utter destruction.

The Sheep were all together again once more. For now there was a sense of peace and security.

That would only last for a short time…

Tag: @Rebecca_Daniels; @Sarge; @TheAdmiral; @Mitth_Fisto; @Sinrebirth; @Adalia-Durron; @Mistress_Renata; @Sgt.Matt; @AgentViper007; @darthbernael; @galactic-vagabond422

OOC: There will be a part two. I am still building that one. If you are in the middle of building a post and the second update launches, please incorporate your character into both as necessary. The game, officially, launches now. What has happened before was just a nice little teaser....

Last edited: May 22, 2023
  25. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Drops this and scurries away...:D

Bracca

Togoria, a hyperjump from Bracca

What appeared to be a freighter to the rest of the galaxy decanted from hyper above the world of Togoria, in the Thanos system. For all intents and purposes it was a freighter but it was even more, a floating headquarters for the man now standing on the bridge. He watched as the crew went about their business, ensuring that they had the proper permits and clearances to be in orbit over the world below. He leaned casually against the bulkhead as the crew worked, a slight smile on his face.

He’d received the coded message, turning over the running of other parts of his operations to his staff and employees, then made haste for this world. He did not want to bring the ship into the Bracca system, not yet, as that would disrupt the negotiations that he was sure would occur between the rebel task force and the Scrappers Guild. Those would be sensitive, but from here he could reach his contact with both groups to ensure that the Black Sheep and ancillary units would receive what supplies, equipment, and repairs they needed.

What made the smile falter, though, was that he’d not received a reply to any of the coded messages that had been sent to his contact, an anonymous donor, on board the Intrepid. That being was one who was known for their punctuality, discretion, and discipline so them being out of contact worried the man, aside from the fact that their contact was also family.

He waited until the bustle of the bridge calmed down before he approached the comms station. When the comms officer looked up, she blanched for a moment, having forgotten that the boss was along for this flight, not something he did every time. He smiled at her reassuringly before he handed her a pair of notes. The first read

My friend,

I am one hyper jump from the location that you asked that I
    soften for you and your people. The agreements have been made but there will, most likely, still be some negotiations necessary. However, why you have not responded is beginning to worry me, as well as the others. I ask that you respond as soon as practicable so that we may be reassured you yet live.

Always,

Your Faithful Friend

He waited for the message to have the appropriate codes for the time, location, and date to be used and then sent before he looked down at the other message. Nodding, he let the comms officer work on that message as well, which read.

The requested funds have been transferred to the Scrappers Guild accounts in the Galactic Bank. None can be traced to you or to me. I recognize that the Guild Master may attempt to further negotiate but I ask you, as your friend, to minimize such negotiations. The fleet is en route to you now and the more swiftly they receive what they need, in regards to repairs, refits, and equipment, the sooner they are away. This will be beneficial to you both as it will keep interference from the Empire to the minimum. I am sure neither you or I desire that the Empire begins to probe your activities there as I would hate to have to find another organization that can swiftly take goods from the active galactic inventory, make them disappear, and send them where they are needed. And I’m sure your organization does not want to lose my business this way.

Your Friend

When the second message was coded and sent he patted the comms officer on the shoulder, walking away. Stopping by the Captain, he informed the man to notify him if any messages were received, to be sent to his cabin. With that, he stepped off the bridge, the hatch shutting behind him.

TAGS: @Vehn, @Mistress_Renata, @Sarge, @Adalia-Durron, @Rebecca_Daniels, @TheAdmiral, @Sinrebirth, @Mitth_Fisto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.