main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Book Collectors Corner

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 28, 2022.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    The book arrived. In true High Republic book fashion - it's a completely different size than the other art books (it's smaller). It's got some stuff from Wave 1 at the beginning and of course nothing from wave 3. But it's pretty nice. Spotted some new Bell, Avar, Stellan, and Elzar pics.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    Dannik Jerriko and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  2. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    COOL!!!

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  3. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I guess I'm definitely getting tickets for Phoenix Fan Fusion this year. Ashley Eickstein, Matt Lanter, and James Arnold Taylor will all be there for Clone Wars.

BUT we've also got Beth Revis and EK Johnston coming! Usually they get some of the older EU authors. I'm so excited. Will need to bring books for them to sign!

Dannik Jerriko and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  4. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Good for you I hope you have a good time!!!

Kato Sai likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Went to get the High Republic YA trio (still boo on the simpler covers) and was surprised to see Convergence was also out in paperback, so snagged that as well. Now other than Race to Crashpoint Tower and some of The High Republic Adventures my Phase 1 collection is basically complete.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  6. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Haha - I literally just saw the covers and went - OMG those are AWESOME! goto Barnes and noble online - buy. lol

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean they’re cool I just prefer the more dynamic original covers, especially Midnight Horizon’s.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm all for detailed pics of characters. I can see why you'd think they were blah.

9. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yessssss.....

Up for pre-order at amazon and Barnes and Nobel is the upcoming (November 14, 2023):

STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC – THE EYE OF DARKNESS
    The High Republic Phase III: Trials of the Jedi (Wave 1)

publisher info:
    written by George Mann
    hardcover (304 pages)
    Random House Worlds
    ISBN 978-0593597934
    $ 29.99

solicitation copy:
    The next adventure in Star Wars The High Republic. The sequel to The Fallen Star.

Jedi Knight88 and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  10. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    AWESOME!!!! THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!!!

Kato Sai likes this.
  11. TsmHedorah

TsmHedorah Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 7, 2022
    How long have you been book collecting?
    My answer to this is kind of weird because I've been buying Star Wars books for quite a while but only as of recently have, I actually gone out of my way to collect different kinds of Star Wars books.

How many books do you think you own?
    Not a lot, in fact, I can list all of the books I have now. I have the Thrawn Trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command), Kenobi, Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Death Troopers, Battlefront Twilight Company, Star Wars Jedi: Battle Scars, The Force Awakens novelization, Thrawn (2017), I have two copies of Phasma (Hardcover and paperback) as well as all 4 first edition variations of the Phantom Menace novelization and most recent additions are two Japanese copies of The Phantom Menace novelization, which are hands down the coolest books in my collection. That's just all the novels, I have many Visual Guides and stuff similar to that.

What are your favorite books to collect?
    I like buying the visual guides, they are just so cool to pick up and look through when I'm really bored but if we are talking about novels, I definitely got to say hardcovered books are the best, and my favorite to collect.

Where are your favorite places to find books?
    I mostly use eBay, but I do really like visiting Books a Million, they normally have a great selection of books.

What is your favorite book?
    It's between the Phasma novel or The Phantom Menace novelization. They are both just so great and add a lot to the story and characters.

What is your rarest book?
    Definitely the Japanese copies of The Phantom Menace, I've never seen anything like it before.

Is there a Holy Grail book that you wish to obtain?
    The Solo novel (hardcover), I imagine it's not too hard to find, but it's the book I want the most right now.

Have you ever met w/ any authors of the books or have autographed copies of books? If you met the author what was the encounter like?
    I haven't, I met a few artists who did some art for Star Wars comics which was pretty cool, but I didn't get to talk to them for long.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2023
  12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Welcome to the book club, @TsmHedorah Would love to see pics of those Japanse books!

My paperback box set of The High Republic Phase I young adult book set arrived. I will open it up and photograph them. I love the covers and will photograph them. Getting excited for returning back to Phase I characters. So far I've been uninspired to read Phase II. I plan to take those books on my holiday in May. We're likely going back to The Grand Tetons and staying at a place w/ no TV so I'll be forced to read whatever I bring. lol

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
    Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Hey @TsmHedorah like PLJ said welcome to the book club here is to many more happy reads

Kato Sai likes this.
  14. TsmHedorah

TsmHedorah Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 7, 2022
    Thank you both for the warm welcome, it's so awesome to have a place to nerd out about this kind of stuff even though I'm just getting into Star Wars books. I would love to share photos of the Japanese Phantom Menace novels but if I'm being honest, I have no idea how to share photos on here yet lol. Also, I was finally able to find someone selling the Solo hardcover novelization. I don't know why but it seemed very hard to find. Almost every listing on eBay was just a generic stock image; even then, it would never specify if it was a hardcover or paperback copy.

Jedi Knight88 and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
  16. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks for the info

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Looks like my local con Phoenix Fan Fusion has added Deliah Dawson (I saw her the last time I attended - still haven't read Phasma.) and Michael A Stackpole. I need to look through his books to see if I have any nice copies for him to sign.

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
  19. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Stackpole was a great Star Wars author. I’d like to see him write something for the new canon, even if it was a short story for one of the anthologies.

20. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Me too I would also like to see a new novel

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I think Stackpole lives in Tuscan - he comes quite regularly to our cons.

22. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    He lives in Scottsdale, according to Wikipedia (but that might be wrong). I think he’d be an interesting speaker. Corran Horn was one of my favourite characters.

23. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Cool I never knew that before thanks for the info :)

Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That's even closer :)

Jedi Knight88 and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  25. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018