main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Book Collectors Corner

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Apr 28, 2022.

1. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I will likely pick up Dr. Aphra soon

2. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    I'd like to hear about your thoughts on this too. I almost picked this up last weekend.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The 'Dooku' book was good - I enjoyed it. Might read Aphra after Brotherhood.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  4. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I am getting my unsigned Tim Zahn novels (Thrawn backstory books) autographed tomorrow.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Where is the signing - local bookstore or at a con?

6. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I tried to search and Couldn't find anything

7. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    At a con being held this weekend down at the DC Convention Center.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  9. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I’ve been doing some non-SW reading since I finished Into the Dark. I’ll be starting on The Rising Storm very soon, though. Into the Dark was another great outing from Claudia Gray. She filled a book with unknown characters and told an auxiliary story to the High Republic’s central plot and she did it so well that I was interested in everything that happened and in the fate of those characters. It’s a great book for younger and older readers, but I can see how the challenges faced by Affie and Reath would be relatable to (and maybe helpful for) teenage readers. Gray is one of the best and most versatile authors ever to write in the Star Wars universe.

10. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I really enjoyed "Into the Dark". I read it before "Light of the Jedi". I loved both books. I would recommend getting the young readers books also. They have great characters and the stories sync with the other books. I don't really see them as kids books as much as they are short stories. I love Vernestra and the Adventures gang who show up in those books and the latter set of books.

Finished "Doctor Aphra" last night. It apparently is the book that tells a lot of the early Dr. Aphra comic stories to introduce her to those (like me) who haven't read her comics.

The book is fun. It's pretty light hearted as stories go. Aphra kind of has a screw loose which makes her entertaining to read. Her droids are hilarious. Her stories are set during the Rebellion. I recommend the book.

I'm glad that I got it and read it. I can't make heads or tails out of all of her graphic novels that are currently on the market, so I pre-ordered the 1200+ page omnibus that Marvel is putting out for her next year. I look forward to reading more of her adventures.

Jedi Knight88 and Dannik Jerriko like this.
  11. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    Thanks for the info

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Working on "Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure" while deciding what to read next. I'm still plowing through "Aftermath: Life Debt" also.

I had picked up a Marvel hardcover Han Solo/ Showdown at Smuggler's Moon book and read it this weekend. The artwork in it is just beautiful. The artist did such a lovely job w/ getting Harrison, Carrie, and Mark's facial expressions and shapes.

Looks like a bunch of the various High Republic books are getting moved back with their release dates. Grrrrr.

Dannik Jerriko and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  13. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I know I hate that the high Republic books are getting moved back

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got a copy of " Stories of Jedi and Sith (Star Wars)" - am very excited that the artwork was done by a guy I follow on IG, Jake Bartok. I'm really hoping that LFL brings him on board to create official High Republic art.

Dannik Jerriko and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  15. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I'll have to pick that one up also

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It's on my Amazon UK list. The shipping was down as delayed when I placed my book order on Sunday - hopefully I can snag it next order.

17. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    I snagged one of the books I have wanted for a long time from Sideshow. The Star Wars Archives 1999-2005.

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Enjoy it - that is one beautiful book. Word of warning - it's heavy. lol

Jedi Knight88 and wobbits like this.
  19. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I also have that book and @PadmeLeiaJaina is right about it being heavy and beautiful she is right about all things collecting I try my best to pick up on some of her wisdom.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    You flatter me.

So I decided I needed a tiny Star Wars reading break....if you can call it that since I'm still plowing through the Aftermath trilogy.

I started "The Murder of Mr. Wickham" by Claudia Gray. I always loved Jane Austen's books. Even though it's been repeatedly done in films, "Pride and Predjudice" is my favorite. I try to watch the Colin Firth BBC production at least every few years.

There were a couple of post wedding P&P books that were written. I started the first one and felt the author captured the style of Austen's writing quite well. But I got bored.

Not even a chapter in and I'm delighted with Claudia's take on Austen. It appears we might have crossover of other book characters as well, sadly I haven't read those in eons so I'll probably miss the cheekiness of that. I really like the voice of this book. It's Austen-lite and so far easy to enjoy. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    Dannik Jerriko likes this.
  21. wobbits

Apr 12, 2017
    My Archives book arrived Saturday and even with the warning that it was heavy still didn't prepare me for the size!

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    lol. They use an enormous outer box to ship it in. At least it shouldn't have been damaged.

wobbits and Jedi Knight88 like this.
  23. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I know when mine shipped I thought they put some one else's package on my porch. LOL

wobbits and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  24. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Got a new hardback copy of "Aftermath: Empire's End" from Amazon for $9.99. I'm right at the point where all hell is starting to to break loose in "Life Debt" :( I need to find a hardback copy of it.

Jedi Knight88 likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight88

Sep 4, 2018
    I liked Aftermath Empire's End and I hope you find that copy of life debt