main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: Breakout

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jedi Gunny, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Rex

Captain_Rex Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2008
    IC: Captain Rex, Sergeant Denal(NPC), 3 other unnamed clones(NPC), Gunship pilot(NPC)

Captain Rex and Sergeant Denal boarded a Gunship. Three other soldiers walked on behind them. It was assigned to the 501st soldiers that were accompanying the 410th. The pilot greeted them. "Hello Delta Unit. I'm your pilot for the short time we'll be together. I have no need to know your names, nor you mine."

"Then let's get going." Rex ordered.

"All right. Just have to get to my seat then we'll be off." The pilot replied, making his way to his seat and sitting down in it. Soon enough, the side doors closed and a red light flashed on.

Rex felt the ship leave the gravity of the Velvis and within minutes felt gravity take hold again as they entered the planet's atmosphere. The gunship began to slow down a bit and righted itself afterward. The red light flashed green briefly and shut off. Then the side doors opened. Rex inspected both his pistols, made sure they were loaded and holstered them. He went through his utility belt and suit diagnosis making sure that everything was there and working.

"ETA 3 minutes." The pilot stated.

It was at this moment that Rex risked a peek outside. It was definitely more beautiful than Kamino, though Kamino still had it's own kind of subtle beauty at least, in his opinion. The trooper to his left left also took a look outside, blocking his own view of the landscape a little, though he could still see plenty. Rex spotted a glint of light on the ground. "What's that?" He looked north of the shine and spotted...

"Trooper! Get your head in now!" Rex yelled. But, he was too late, a shot was fired and the man fell out of the ship, limp. "Blast! Tinnies are already here!" There was another shot, though much louder. An explosion rocked the ship and flames were reaching out from the cockpit. "Pilot! Pilot! Answer me! Denal, go check on him now!"

Denal nodded and went through the flames for an instant and came back out. "He's KIA sir. We need to bail now! The trees will hopefully slow our descent." Denal was the first to leap out, followed shortly by the other 2 soldiers. Rex grabbed the COM and the PLX-1 portable missile launcher, which he chucked out the door. Rex took one last look around before leaping to the trees below...

TAG: None

IC: Basilisk

Basilisk was wandering through the ship, it was the first mission he was going on and he was becoming impatient. He'd had a close encounter with one of the 501st soldiers that were going down early for reconnaissance, they weren't as weird as some of the other soldiers said them to be. Maybe they were just jealous of them. It didn't really matter to him though. Basilisk soon found himself on the bridge. Another clone was present.

"Probably waiting for an officer." He thought to himself. But, he decided to approach the soldier anyway.

"Sir." Basilisk saluted. "My name's Basilisk. Yours?" He held out his hand.

TAG: Artemis_Fowl

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    OOC: Sorry everyome, but I was too busy to respond to TAG's today. I'll get around to doing them tomorrow.

3. JANGOANTILLES

JANGOANTILLES Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    IC: Halon, Velvis Bridge

The Ubese warrior called Halon had been listening intently as General Sperk finally commenced with his briefing. It felt good to at last know why exactly his superiors had suddenly asked him to board a shuttle and rendezvous with the Velvis in some obscure system he had never heard of before. He'd guessed whatever it was, it had to be something dire....and it appeared his assumptions were right.

As the speech ended and the clone troopers erupted in cheers, Halon's armored form leaned back in his chair, silently lost in thought as he took a moment to mull over all that they had just heard.

Another damned attempt by the Republic to win this war on the cheap...But if its citizens were unwilling to fight for their own cause, victory could neither be expected or deserved...

But regardless of any personal misgivings, it was clear the Confederacy not be allowed any new advantage. His homeworld, Ubertica, was at stake. And he would do anything he could to protect it.

Rising from his chair into a quick trot in a fluid motion, Halon soon caught up to the general as he veered back to to his quarters. He wanted to know a little more about what they were up against...

"General Sperk? Might I have a word with you, sir?" The vocoder in the helmet that masked his features gave Halon's voice an electronic, almost droid-like voice.

Tag: General Sperk, Any

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Blue Twilek

The shapely blue twi?lek female stood before the line of blood spattered personnel lockers.
    She was barefoot and not wearing a heck of a lot now, apart from a crimson silky sash that went from one smooth azure shoulder to a rounded hip on her opposite side.

She went to close the thin metal door, but she had made such a meal opening the locker in the first place, that the bent door clanged off the distended frame and hung ajar, showing the faded colours of a holopic taken at the Boonta Eve Classics.

Several of the racing pods shown had beauties of various species and hues sprawled suggestively over polished or sand-pitted frames. One of the models was blue. With a red sash.

The girl sighed deeply, wondering how long she had to wait for rescue.

Tag: When someone turns up. Uh, the key is under the mat. :p

5. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC's: Sreq Lo and Levan

As Badoso finished speaking, Levan looked at the three deer-like creatures. It would be enoguh to feed the entire village for two days, but somethign else troubled him; it was whatever was in the forest that plauged him. The warriors had done their job; no instructions to seek out the forest being had been given, but he had to be proud that the warriors did not go look for a fight with whatever was out there. However, it still bugged him constantly that there was something dangerous out there.

"You did a fine job," Levan said to the warriors before turning and heading back to the elder's hut. Badodso looked a Sreq, who shook his head slightly and followed Levan into the hut. Upon entering, Sreq could see Levan sitting on his mat, reading the scroll.

"That was a marvelous job you did back there," Sreq said sarcastically. "That's enough food for a couple days. You should at least be more gracious. If I remember correctly, you couldn't do that yourself . . ."

"Agh, this scroll, that thing in the woods, they're all bugging me!" Levan snapped.

"You're still reading that old thing?" Sreq asked, pulling up a mat to sit next to Levan.

"It speaks of a creature in the woods many years ago, a creature that destroyed many warriors," Levan said quietly. "It just seems to fit with our current situation."

"You think they're connected?" Sreq asked quizically.

"I don't know, but it's possible," Levan said. "Just pray that it is not."

TAG: SkywalkerShine
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NPC: General Sperk

General Sperk? Might I have a word with you, sir? asked the Ubese officer Halon as the General walked back to his quarters. Sperk stopped and said "I have time. What is it that you want to talk about?"

TAG: JANGOANTILLES
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kutchin Arrowsen:

Kutchin turned off his HoloNet transmitter and leaned back in his chair. He had to admit; the General was a good public speaker. Even himself, somewhat of a rogue, felt empowered to fight for the Republic. But a top-secret creature? Who could have commissioned such a dumb-sounding project? It sounded like one of those old recordings of cheesy monster films he had seen in his youth, the ones that he never liked because they were so poorly done. Right then, his comlink buzzed. He picked it up and turned it on. "Hello?" he asked.

"Lieutenant," said a sharp female voice.

"Yeah, that's me," Kutchin answered casually.

"You're needed up on the bridge. The General wants to talk to you."

Kutchin took a deep breath; what did the General want with him. "I'll be right up," he said before shutting off the comlink.

TAG: No One

6. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008
    IC: Captain Rex, Sergeant Denal(NPC), 2 unnamed clones
    On the surface of Shuk

Slowly Rex's eyes opened. He could see a white blur to his left, it was carrying him on its shoulder. Rex blinked a few times, his vision cleared a bit. He could now tell that it was a clone carrying him. He closed his eyes for a few moments and opened the up again. His vision was now fully clear. Denal was the one carrying him and one of the other 2 clones was carrying the rocket launcher. He pulled Denal's arm off of him and got himself off the man's shoulder.

"You all right sir?" Denal asked.

"Other than the fact that I can't quite remember how I was knocked out, I'm fine." Rex replied. "Anyway, I'll be taking point. We're going to the lab." Rex strode ahead of the group and went around some large rocks. He went back around. He motioned for the clones to approach silently. The 4 of them went past the rocks and spotted several droids and a droideka. Rex grabbed a "droid popper" and chucked it, landing in the midsts of the droids. One of the battle droids looked at it a picked it up.

"Huh?" It asked, before collapsing from the electrical blast sent out from the device, disabling all of the droids.

"Let's move." Rex said, walking towards the entrance. As they passed the droids he pointed to the 2 other clones. "You two, make sure these droids don't get back up. Once you're done, stay on guard outside the facility. We'll radio in if we require assistance. Same goes for you. Good luck." Rex and Denal continued on through the doors of the laboratory, while the other 2 stayed outside and followed their orders.

"You think the Creature is in here still?" Denal asked.

"No. But there might be survivors, and we'll be the ones to get them out." Rex replied. He stopped for a moment, and held up his hand, Denal also stopped. Someone had sighed, Rex was sure that it belonged to a female, he rounded the corner with Denal right behind him. There was a door. Rex tried opening it but it was locked. He looked around for a way to open it, then he spotted a glint of light on the ground, it was a key covered mostly by the mat but enough was peeking out that Rex could still discern what it was. He picked the key up and opened the door with one of his pistols in hand. A blue twi-lek female turned to look at him.

"Well she is certainly-" Rex held up a silence gesture, quieting Denal.

"M'am. We're here to get you out of here. Do you know if there are any other survivors?"

TAG: Sith-I-5

7. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    IC as Zev
    Velvis, the Bridge

Upon noticing that all of the officers were engaged, the sergeant decided to wait a bit. He stepped up to one of the holographic displays that adorned the bridge, gazing at the numerous stars and planets that surrounded them. He reached up, touching the largest of them, bringing up a detailed description of the planet Shuk. Deep in concentration, the clone failed to notice a soldier behind him.

"Sir."

Zev whirled around, slightly startled. Seeing that it was another clone, he visibly relaxed.

"My name's Basilisk. Yours?"

Returning the salute, Zev grasped his hand firmly in a handshake.

"The name's Zev. Sorry about that, I didn't hear you coming. I'm just waiting to receive my squad assignment. What brings you here?"

Tag: Captain_Rex

8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Blue Twi?lek, Republic Laboratory locker rooms

'Blue' did a surprised double-take as the door to her right opened and two figures stepped through to face her. Their outer tegument seemed to be more rigid and colourful than the others.

Blimey, that was fast, she thought, amazed; unconsciously swelling her exposed chest as she turned to face them fully.

?Well she is certainly-? Started one.

?Ma'am. We're here to get you out of here. Do you know if there are any other survivors??

The second speaker was almost close enough to touch, so she did, ignoring his pistol to step closer, pressing an index finger to the semi-transparent T-bar on the face of his helmet, and running it slowly down the vertical part, noting the sensation of the smooth material under her slender digit.

?In-ter-est-ing.? She observed aloud. ?No mouth.? All-consuming curiosity quickly shifted to disarming pragmatism, as, looking from one to the other, she enquired matter-of-factly, ?Sooo, who do I have to **** to get off this rock??

Tag: Rex, Denal

9. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    IC: Aruma Ki and Badoso Ki

After everyone met with the warriors, Badoso and the others stood up, while Badoso glanced at his mentor, mixed with both confusion and sadness. Murioto placed a hand of comfort on his shoulder, and smiled. "It's all right, young one. He appreciated our work. But there must be something bothering him. Give Master Levan some time..."

"Yes, Master Murioto," Badoso replied, bowing. He then turned. "Permission to go to my sister, Master?"

Murioto smiled. "Permission granted." After that, his mentor and the other warriors left home. Badoso walked to the nearby hut, and opened the flap. There, in the middle of the room, was a young Shuka girl with long dark brown hair. She had her back facing Badoso.

Badoso smiled, and came inside the hut behind the young Shuka. "I guess I don't get a welcome anymore, huh?"

The beautiful Shuka girl, which happened to be Aruma Ki, little sister of Badoso, turned around and looked up. She had a face of sadness. Then she stood up, and hugged Badoso tightly. "Oh Badoso! I'm so glad you're back!" Aruma said through tears.

"The elders appreciated our work, that was good. But... Master Levan might be troubled about something."

Aruma shook her head and let go of Badoso. "He's just an old grump, that's what he is."

"Aruma, you can't talk that way about Levan. He's a great man, and--"

"And the fact that he's no fun at all? Badoso, something's not right! That monster is still out there. I don't know what it is or where it came from, but we have to stop it!" Tears fell form her black eyes. "I'm just... I'm just scared, Badoso! I'm just scared..."

When Aruma started to cry, Badoso sadly hugged his little sister to comfort her. "It's gonna be all right, Aruma. I promise you..." He kissed her forehead, and hugged her with all the comfort he had. He didn't want anything to happen to his village again. Especially his own sister.

Tag: JEDIGUNSHIP

10. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008

"The name's Zev. Sorry about that, I didn't hear you coming. I'm just waiting to receive my squad assignment. What brings you here?" Zev asked.

"I was just wandering around. But, I do have a question." Basilisk replied. "Do you know when our forces are going down to the planet?"

IC: Captain Rex, Denal(NPC)

Rex thought about what she said for a moment before purging such thoughts from his mind. "That won't be necessary ma'am. Just follow us and we'll regroup with the rest of our unit, then we'll call-in for a gunship for evac. Unless you have a house nearby, then we could take you there."

11. artemis_fowl

Apr 4, 2003
    IC as Zev
    Velvis, the Bridge

"Well I reckon we'll be sent down pretty soon. They're probably just getting the final details straightened out. I'd be surprised if we don't get our orders by the end of the day, given the importance of this mission."

Zev scanned the bridge once more, hoping to spot a free officer. He ran his hand through his hair, giving the soldier a once over. His armor seemed to be in good condition, not too many blast marks, nor dents.

'I'm guessing this is your first mission in a while?"

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Blue Twilek locker rooms.

Blue conceded that she could hardly expect her rescuers to drop everything to get her away, but the leader of the new arrivals did appear to be considering her offer.

? That won't be necessary ma'am. Just follow us and we'll regroup with the rest of our unit, then we'll call-in for a gunship for evac?. Unless you have a house nearby, then we could take you there.?

She affected a worried shudder. ?On reflection, it might be better if I stick with you.?

She looked at the lead trooper to see what he would do next.

Tag: Captain Rex

13. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008

'I'm guessing this is your first mission in a while?" Zev asked.

"Actually, this my first mission ever, other than training exercises. Some clones call me a shiny." Basilisk replied.

IC: Rex, Denal(NPC)

?On reflection, it might be better if I stick with you.? The Twi-Lek stated.

"All right then. I'm just gonna contact the clones I left outside for an update, then we'll go topside." Rex activated the COM device on his wrist. "Private. Status?" No answer. "What's your status private?"

"Sir, we have clankers! They killed-" The COM cut to static.

"Fierfek!" Rex cursed. "We need to take those clankers out! Let's go Sergeant!" Rex and Denal began running off. Rex stopped and turned around. "Ma'am, stay here. We'll come back for you once we've eliminated all threats in the area." Rex turned back around and followed Denal.

14. artemis_fowl

Apr 4, 2003
    IC as Zev
    The Velvis, Bridge

"A shiny, huh?" Zev clapped the trooper on the shoulder reassuringly. "You'll do fine down there. It'll be rough no doubt, but the first mission's always the toughest. My first one was Geonosis. I'd say I'm lucky to have survived. But hey, that's war, right?"

Looking up, he spotted one of the officers who seemed to be unoccupied. Zev put on his helmet, making sure it was straight before heading over to him. Turning back, he waved Basilisk over.

"Come along soldier. Who knows, you could end up in my squad."

Zev saluted the officer, standing rigidly at attention before the higher-ranking clone.

"Sir! I would like to enquire about my squad assignment for this mission."

Tag: GM, Captain_Rex

15. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008

"Come along soldier. Who knows, you could end up in my squad."

Basilisk followed Zev and saluted alongside him, then stood idly by as they spoke.

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    IC: Levan

It was long into the night, and everyone was asleep . . . except for Levan. He had been pouring over the text time and time again, each time going back and starting over. What was it about the legend that had him bugged? Was it the eerie resemblance of the monster in the forest to the legendary monster depicted on the scroll? Or was there something else? Levan racked his brain; there coudl be a similarity between the two. But how? The monster in the story had been gone for thousands of years; if something like it were still wandering around in the forest, hunters would have run across it during the years. Only if one were able to survive the encounter he thought.

Another thing nagged at him; Sreq had commented on his nosiness at the return of the hunting party. His own image, already tarnished enough, had been damaged by his actions. Almost no one liked him anymore. But it was not as important as the monster, the monster that was haunting his thoughts. Would the thing come and attack the village? Would he and the rest of the tribe be in danger? Taking a deep breath, Levan closed his eyes and quickly drifted into sleep.

TAG: SkywalkerShine

17. artemis_fowl

Apr 4, 2003
    IC as Zev, Commander Nevran (NPC)
    The Velvis; Bridge

Nevran turned towards the clone, saluting in return. He gave the trooper a once over, ascertaining his rank and legion from his armor.

"At ease soldier. The squad assignments just came in. I'll transmit it to your datapad."

The Commander turned toward the console, touching some icons on the display, bringing up a list of the personnel.

Zev took the time to study his surroundings. The bridge was bustling with activity; the higher ranking officers were briefing their men, the techs were rushing around frantically, making sure everything was running smoothly, soldiers were clamping across the room, making last minute preparations. And yet within it all, there was a determination that strung them all together, a common goal that they all strove toward.

He was so immersed in his thoughts that he failed to see that the Commander had finished transmitting the information, and had turned back to stare at him pointedly. Commander Nevran shook him lightly, jolting the sergeant back to reality. Zev flushed in embarrassment; it was the second time today that he had done that.

"I'm sorry sir. I just got... caught up in my thoughts."

He motioned around him, hoping that the commander would understand what he was trying to convey.

"Ah yes," the commander breathed, "The magic of it all. It's amazing how a dream can bind so many diverse individuals together. Yet you only see this in times of tragedy. Ironic much?"

Sighing, he patted Zev lightly on the shoulder. "Just make sure you keep your focus down there. You're gonna need it. You and your squad may proceed to the surface when you're ready. Your primary objective is to secure the beast. As far as possible, try to avoid any conflict with the natives. Diplomacy is the way to go. I'll be contactable through my comlink if you need me. Good luck soldier."

Commander Nevran saluted Zev once again, and walked away wordlessly. Returning the gesture, Zev turned towards Basilisk, at the same time reaching for his datapad. He studied the list of troops, a small smile crossing his face as he read that the young soldier had indeed been drafted under him. He waved the clone over, passing him the datapad.

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Blue Twi'lek, Republic Laboratories.

Things had been going so well, she thought, and then:

"All right then. I'm just gonna contact the clones I left outside for an update, then we'll go topside." Rex activated the COM device on his wrist. "Private. Status?" No answer. "What's your status private?"

"Sir, we have clankers! They killed-" The COM cut to static.

"Fierfek!" Rex cursed. "We need to take those clankers out! Let's go Sergeant!" Rex and Denal began running off.

"Uh, 'clankers' bad?" She hazarded, trying to understand.

The trooper she would come to know as Rex, providing the Kaminoans remembered to include "Basic Introductions" into his training, stopped and turned to her. "Ma'am, stay here. We'll come back for you once we've eliminated all threats in the area." Rex turned back around and chased Denal.

"Call if you need any help," She called after him, "I'm a bit handy in that department..."
    Her voice trailed as she found herself alone once more, continuing wistfully, "How do you think I survived long enough for you to find me?"

Tag: Rex, Denal, anyone inside or near the Secret Republic Laboratories

19. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008

Basilisk noticed Zev waving him over. Basilisk approached and grabbed the datapad being held out for him. He twisted it around and read it. He looked over the list of names and stopped when he spotted his own. He reread it, making sure he wasn't mistaking it for someone else.

"Well, fierfek. It is me!" Basilisk grinned beneath his helmet. "This'll make things easier, knowing the CO of my squad already. Should we go meet the rest of them?"

IC: Rex, Denal

The two clone troopers ran outside and saw the large number of droids. Rex threw one of his thermal detonators at the droids, the explosion that ensued took out several of the basic droids and damaged the shields of a droideka. Rex aimed one of his blasters at the droid and shot, the bolt hitting it straight in the center of it's head. The droid collapsed with a small thunk. Rex dived behind a rock as the droids returned fire. One blaster bolt hit Denal in the lower torso. He gave a small gasp of pain as he fell backwards into the facility.

"Blast!" Rex yelled. He peeked over the rock. To his right, the droids were just standing idly by..."What in the stars..." He slowly turned to his left. Two yellow eyes greeted him. "Oh sh-" A arm launched out, sending him flying into a wall, causing it to crack a little at the point of impact. Rex groaned as he slowly lifted himself off the ground. The being who had hit him still stood at the rock. Rex grabbed his last grenade and jumped through the door of the facility. Dropping it by the door, he turned around, shot down a couple droids in quick succession, though a third shot ricocheted off the wall and into his shoulder. Rex stifled a cry of pain, and was launched backwards from the force of the grenade, which also collapsed the entrance. Blocking any way in, or out.

20. artemis_fowl

Apr 4, 2003
    IC as Zev
    The Velvis; Bridge

Zev couldn't help but chuckle at the excitement and enthusiasm the clone displayed. His smile faded slightly as his thoughts drifted to the mission ahead and the perils they might face.

"The new ones are always so eager... They haven't experienced what it's really like to be out there. I've only been on two missions, and already I'm jaded... They should have planted some optimism gene in us clones or something. Blast, I'd better keep my thoughts from running off; it's gonna get me killed one day..."

He shook his head slightly, forcing some lightness into his voice as he addressed the clone.

"Sounds like a plan. I'll transmit a message through the comlink, tell them to meet us in the hanger."

A short while later, in the hanger bay

Zev eyed the group of troopers assembled in front of him. He couldn't see the faces behind their helmets, but it didn't take a Jedi to sense their nervousness. The sergeant straightened up, before speaking.

"Welcome gentlemen. I'm your new squad leader. My designation's CT-1415, but you can just call me Zev, or sergeant. I'm not one to talk much, so I'll be brief. Basically, you all know what this mission's about. Primary objective: secure the beast. Avoid any entanglements with the natives. I know some of you are new, and I'm not going to lie. It's not easy down there. But just follow my lead, stay alert, and hopefully we'll all get back alive. Got it? If there are no questions, let's move out!"

He turned, striding across the hanger and into one of the waiting gunships, troops following closely behind. Seating himself at the corner, Zev waited for the rest of the squads to file in.

21. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008

Upon the final words of Zev's short speech, Basilisk boarded the gunship that the Sergeant had also boarded. He sat on the edge, with his rifle laying down to the side. He gave his armour a once-over, though it wasn't necessary, the armour was practically brand-new, he had decided to do it anyway. Then, he grabbed the rifle and held it in a battle-ready position.

"Well, this is going to be one h**l of a first mission."

Rex tore off his helmet and tossed it aside. He looked at his shoulder. The hit had been right between the armour, he took off his shoulder pad. The wound was small, it wouldn't impair him much. A little bacta and it would be fine. At that, he grabbed a bacta tube from his utility belt and poured a couple drops on the wound. Rex gave a small hiss, it was stinging. Now, it was time to find Denal.

"Denal! Are you alive soldier?" Rex hollered.

With a small cough the soldier raised his hand. "I'm here sir."

Rex approached him. "Are you all right?"

"The shot nearly pierced through, and I was winded. Otherwise, I'm fine." Denal noticed the collapsed entrance. "I guess we'll be finding a different way out of here."

"Yeah, and we better do it quick. General Grievous is here." Rex grabbed Denal's hand and pulled the man to his feet. Then he went to retrieve his helmet, holding it against his waist. "Let's go see how the lady is doing." The two soldiers made their way back to where they had met the blue twi-lek. Upon entering, Rex popped his question. "Ma'am, do you know another way out of here? The main entrance is...for lack of a better word, blocked."

22. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Blue Twilek, Republic Laboratories.

TBT was looking up to the indentations in the ceiling where she had been wedged, just after the breakout situation, when she heard a commotion, including the building shaking to its foundation, and after some moments, the two hard-shell humanoids running back to join her.

? Ma'am, do you know another way out of here? The main entrance is...for lack of a better word, blocked.?

?I know of several ways out, young sir. It sort of depends how informal you want to get. Do you want doors, windows, or I can create an exit.? She pouted at her last suggestion, adding, ?but that would require you to turn to face the walls, cover your?? she contemplated what passed for his face, and what she assumed was a t-shaped ocular organ, ?...eye? And count to forty. Slowly.?

Tag: Rex.

23. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008

?I know of several ways out, young sir. It sort of depends how informal you want to get. Do you want doors, windows, or I can create an exit.? She pouted at her last suggestion, adding, ?but that would require you to turn to face the walls, cover your?? she contemplated what passed for his face, and what she assumed was a t-shaped ocular organ, ?...eye? And count to forty. Slowly.?

Denal gave a questioning glance to Rex, who just shrugged and turned around. He watched Denal also turn, the man winced in pain from his wound, but shrugged it off and placed his palm over his visor. Rex did the same, then obviously, all was dark. He started counting in his head. "1......2...."

TAG: Sith

24. artemis_fowl

Apr 4, 2003
    IC as Zev
    Republic Gunship, Landing on Shuk

Zev shifted for the umpteenth time as the Gunship made its way toward Shuk. The clone armor was incredibly uncomfortable when seated, causing the sergeant to move constantly in hopes of relieving the pain in his rump.

"You'd think the Kaminoans would have better sense to design it in accordance to human anatomy instead of-"

The force of the ship vibrating as they entered Shuk's atmosphere caused him to jerk forward, his head coming into contact with his rifle. Curses spewed forward from Zev's mouth; he rubbed his head in annoyance, leaning forward to pick up the helmet which had rolled onto the floor. Settling back onto his seat, he reached behind him, patting the vibroknife that was strapped to his back. It was his lucky knife, accompanying him through his missions, always there when he needed it. Zev recalled the time on Geonosis, where he was surrounded by battle droids, backed up into a corner, gun jammed. Without the knife, he wouldn't be sitting here.

The air from the outside wafted into the gunship, the scent of the forest and greenery pervading the stale air. He breathed in deeply, the cool air filling his lungs. It smelled just like Kashyyyk. Zev stopped, forcing himself not to think of the troops that had been lost. He shook his head, clearing his mind of the thoughts.

"New mission, new soldiers. No regrets."

The ship shuddered slightly as it landed on the forest ground. Why command had decided to drop them in the middle of the jungle was beyond him. There was a rush of activity as the troops piled out of the gunship. Jumping onto the soft ground, Zev headed towards the other officers. A quick discussion was all they needed to formulate a plan. They would move in individual squads, fanning out from their current location, reporting to command if anything was found or encountered.

He motioned towards his squad, calling them to gather around, relaying the information to them.

"We will need to stay alert. The beast is dangerous, and could take us all out easily. Pair up, and watch each other's backs. If we see this beast, no one is to shoot to kill. We need this beast alive. Separatist forces are in the area, so watch out for clankers. Basilisk, you're with me. Let's go."

25. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008

Basilisk was off the second the gunship hit the ground, sweeping the area with his rifle. When everything appeared clear, he took in his surroundings. The plants and trees were lush. Glints of sunlight flickered through the branches and leaves. Some signs of life were also notable, insects buzzing, birds chirping...."Basilisk, you're with me. Let's go."

Basilisk turned around, gave a quick salute and a "Yes sir!" and walked up to Zev, rifle at the ready. The two men started walking into the depths of the jungle.

Rex was still counting, but he decided to try to contact someone on his COM. He activated it, then brought his arm up to his helmet. "If any Republic soldiers can hear me, this is clone trooper CC-7567, Captain Rex. All members of our squad have been killed except myself and Denal. We require backup. We are currently at the Republic laboratory, clankers have attacked. General Grievous is with them. Repeat. General Grievous is with them. Be careful, Rex out." He shut the COM off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.