main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Star Wars: Breakout

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jedi Gunny, Nov 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Captain_Rex

Captain_Rex Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2008
    OOC: Forgot to put the tags..

Basilisk- TAG: Artemis
    Rex- TAG: Any Republic player

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Sorry for lateness; RL work and health issues.

IC: The Blue Twilek, Republic Laboratories.

She was a little perturbed when the two beings decided to go for the third option, especially when the previous two included pre-existing windows and doors!
    She was particularly concerned that she would have to reveal that she was more than a pretty little thing in a red sash. She had hoped to leave that until on board their escape ship.

But what could she do? She was looking at the backs of their heads, and they seemed to be counting obediently.

?Stay here.? She told them, quickly moving to the locker room?s internal door, eg. not the one they had come through, which was connected to an outer corridor.

She quickly crossed the white-surfaced, open plan space to a far wall, and even through it had some perfectly serviceable windows, with lovely views into the steaming jungle outside, that could be done a tea towel and a hardy elbow, she set about creating a custom exit, because her audience demanded it.

Sighing, her right arm, a perfect, slim limb of azure flesh, greyed and expanded, and then, in for a credit, in for a Life Crystal, she allowed her whole form to mutate, changing into something the general form of a rancor, but stopping her armour-plated form at only ten feet high ? she?d gotten wedged between floor and ceiling just outside her birth tank, and was not anxious to repeat the experience.

The Blue Twilek, or, The Creature, as he/she was known in highly classified Republic documents and recent interstellar distress calls, scythed her right hand through the wall, interior material giving way to crumbling brickwork in an instance, and mentally counting along with the clone troopers, quickly cleared a sizable archway for them to step through.

A three-legged metallic, thing, watched with interest as she swiftly cleared the debris away; she didn?t want her new-found friends to twist a little bitty ankle or someth...ing.

Slowly, she brought her senses around to see the Colicoid destroyer droid.

?Ah, so you would be a ?clanker?, would you??

The thing made no move to identify itself, so a hand like a bulldozer?s scoop lifted it and about a foot of topsoil, and lobbed the whole she-bang through the trees in the general direction of that native village!

It was a matter of seconds for her to change back into the blue twilek form that she preferred at the moment, seemed to evoke less tension, and call back to Rex and Denal inside: ?Its all clear kids, now lets blow this thing so we can all go home!?

True, it was unneccessarily verbose, but the words had just popped into her head.

Tag: Rex, Denal

3. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008
    IC: Rex, Denak

Nearly finished counting, Rex heard the twi-lek's voice call out. ?Its all clear kids, now lets blow this thing so we can all go home!?

Motioning for Denal to follow, Rex proceeded towards the exit that had been created. Rex stopped in front of it. "Fierfek. How did she do this?" He thought, but decided to just flow with it and exited the building, with Denal close behind.

"We should proceed towards the village of the natives. It's probably the safest area at the moment." Rex took several steps forward then stopped to holster his pistols. "So, how exactly did you create that exit?" Rex asked, turning around.

TAG: Sith

4. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    OOC: I'm so sorry for not posting earlier. Final exams are coming up.

IC: Badoso Ki and Aruma Ki

That night, both siblings were asleep on seperate fur covered blankets and mats. Badoso, however, couldn't sleep. He sighed, and opened his black orb-like eyes. "Why can't I sleep?" The young Shuka warrior went out of the hut, and stared at the starry night. The night air breeze was cool when it hit him, but he didn't mind.

As Badoso stared at the stars above, Aruma came from behind. "Badoso? Are you okay?"

"Hm? Oh, yeah, I'm great. Couldn't get no sleep. That's all."

The young Shuka girl came by his side. "Big brother? If anything ever happens to you... I'm always there to help you." She glanced up at him and smiled. Badoso did the same with his little sister.

"Thanks, Aruma." They looked back up again. Then, Badoso replied, "Come on. Let's try and get some sleep." The two siblings went back inside their huts to sleep.

Tag: JEDIGUNSHIP

5. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    IC as Zev
    Shuk Jungle
    Silence hung in the air as the squad made their way through the thick underbrush. The sergeant took care not to step on any twigs or dried leaves, not wanting to give away their position. The sun?s rays crept in from above, dampened by the dense foliage, bathing the troops in a warm glow. Clenching his fist loosely, Zev gestured at waist level, motioning for his squad to advance in a wedge formation. It was instantly acknowledged, as the clones moved silently into position. Hopefully this way they would be able to search more efficiently.

Faint strains of a firefight reached their ears, originating behind them. Shouts of agony followed swiftly, a clear indication that some of their comrades had encountered resistance. Zev fought the urge to order his squad back to provide assistance. It was not their battle. Their brothers were doing their job, and so should they.

Breathing in deeply, he tried to tune out the harsh sounds, focusing instead on the calming melody of the natural environment. On missions like these, it was imperative to listen for foreign sounds, noises that interfered with the harmony of the jungle. Luckily for them, droids weren?t very smart, and often neglected to hide their presence. However, the ?Creature? was another issue altogether. The clone scanned the area, seeing nothing but thick tree trunks overgrown with moss. The ground was damp, sticky, and the only prints visible were those of the troopers.

All of a sudden, a shadow was cast over them. Zev snapped his head up, looking for the source of the disruption. Simultaneously, he extended a hand behind him, signalling for his squad to halt. Studying the upper branches, he listened intently for any sign of movement. There was nothing.

Hmm, must have been some large bird or something. Probably nothing to be worried about.

Shaking his head, he was about to move on, when without warning, something slammed hard and fast into his helmet. The sergeant was thrown off balance, his vision cut off, causing him to stagger backwards.

?Sithspit! Blast the varmint!?

Grasping blindly for his vibroknife, Zev wrenched it out of its sheath. Blaster fire erupted around him as the clones opened fire on the winged invaders. Zev stabbed violently at the creature attached to his helmet, managing to slice off one of its wings. However, it only served to elicit a high-pitched scream. The clone was growing increasingly frustrated. Reaching up in marked irritation, he attempted to pry the bat-like reptile, which had apparently suctioned itself onto him, off with his bare hands. With a loud grunt, Zev managed to wrest it free. His sight restored, he saw that the animal was covered in tentacles, leathery wings and a tail protruding from its short body. It was barely larger than his palm. At the end of its long neck was a sucker-like mouth, which was responsible for the damage. Zev wasted no time in knifing the creature, grimacing as blood spattered onto his visor.

A number of the pests still hovered around, occasionally ramming into a soldier. The squad leader fired off a few shots, careful not to injure his men. Wheeling around, he searched for Basilisk.

?Bas! Need a hand??

Tag: Captain Rex

6. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008
    IC: Basilisk

Basilisk fired at one of the creatures, it had latched onto another clones arm. The shot went straight into it's head. The body fell limp to the ground. Basilisk gave a swift kick.

"Bas! need a hand?" He heard Zev yell out.

"I'm fine sir!" Basilisk replied. Just then, Basilisk felt one of the animals smack into his back, nearly knocking him to the ground, but he stabilized. "Actually, I could use a little help here."

OOC: BTW I'm going to be leaving for a week or so. So, don't expect any replies till the 26th at the latest. But, I may be able to access a computer during my time away, so I might be able to reply.

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Okay, thanks for letting us know.

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    GM OOC: I agree with Sith-I-5; thanks for letting us know in advance. :)

9. artemis_fowl

artemis_fowl Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    IC as Zev
    Shuk Jungle

Reaching up, the clone activated his rifle-HUD link, bringing up the video gunsight. He set his gun to a lower power setting, mindful of the creature?s position on Basilisk?s back. Zev raised his gun, taking careful aim at the animal. ?Hold still!? Depressing the trigger, he let off two quick bursts of energy. The shots were dead on, knocking the target off his brother?s armour.

The creature tumbled to the ground, hitting it with an unpleasant splat. It emitted a soft whimper, and for a second, the sergeant regretted his actions. The creature lay helpless, defenceless on the jungle soil, rolling once before stilling. Zev gazed at the fallen bat, features hardening into a mask of indifference. It had attacked the squad, his brothers, and there was no absolution for that.

The troopers swiftly wiped out the rest of the vermin. Nodding in approval, the sarge spoke,? Well that seemed to be the last of them. Nice going boys. We definitely showed them who?s boss eh? Anyone hurt? No? Alright. Let?s hope we won?t be meeting any more of these? whatever these things were.?

?Vynocks, sir.? Zev looked at the clone. ?That?s what those bloodsuckers were. Vynocks.?

?Hmm. Vynocks. Nasty little buggers. Don?t want to be seeing more of them. Let?s move on.?

The clones moved steadily through the jungle, stopping occasionally on the discovery of suspicious elements. It wasn?t long before they came across a few battle sites. Charred remains of battle droids littered the ground, and to their dismay, so did many of their comrades. The number of destroyed droids far outnumbered the clones, but that didn?t lessen the rush of pain that filled each soldiers chest each time they uncovered another one of their brothers. The smell of death pervaded the air, choking and stale. Hurrying across the grounds, they were unwilling to linger any more than they had to.

Dark helmets covered each man?s face, shielding their emotions. But Zev knew every clone felt the way he did: pain and mourning for the death of their brethren, guilt at not being able to save them, and a deep rage and fury, yearning to take revenge on those who inflicted such suffering. It was these emotions that spurred them on in battle, when they were on the edge of giving in. One for all, and all for one.

The setting sun dipped slowly on the horizon, as the silvery moon rose to take its place. It was a fairly cloudless night, the stars twinkling brightly in the darkening sky. They had set off in the late afternoon, and their activity thus far not vigorous enough to induce any sort of hunger or fatigue. The clones were trained for endurance, and they could easily carry on for at least six more hours.

Zev led the squad silently, mind swimming with thoughts as it often did on mundane missions such as this one. He was still very much alert though, trooper training having ingrained the ability to multi-task. Memories of Kashyyyk, Geonosis, and even Kamino surfaced in the clone?s mind. But obviously some higher power didn?t want him drifting, as the sounds of voices in the distance jerked Zev back to full attention. Motioning for his men to slow down, they treaded cautiously forwards. Multiple sources of light glowed in the distance, growing brighter as they drew nearer.

Soon, they were able to make out a small village in the distance. Alien creatures patrolled the borders, presumably the natives. The sergeant was apprehensive, unsure of how to proceed. Command had not issued any direct orders on dealing with the Shuka, only to avoid conflict. Direct engagement was neither encouraged nor discouraged.

Crack!

The snap of the branch lasted only a second, but it cut loud and clear into the silence of the jungle. Looks like his mind was made up for him

Tag: JEDIGUNSHIP, SkywalkerShine

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Did not seem any point posting while my counterpart was away, but I am still around.

IC: The Blue Twi?lek

TBT looked towards the direction of the village, where she had thrown the destroyer droid. She had no idea if it would survive the trip, but that way was no longer the apparent safe option.

?So, how exactly did you create that exit??

She raised an eyebrow at the clone. ?More to the point, why did I have to, there are perfectly good windows along there that you could have opened and climbed through.? She indicated the exterior wall of the laboratory. ?Don?t you people have a rescue ship or something??

Tag: Captain Rex, Denal

11. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008
    OOC: I'm back. :)

IC: Rex, Denal

?Don?t you people have a rescue ship or something?? asked the Twi-lek.

"We do, but we might not be able to get access to one at the moment we're on a mission, but I'll try-" A loud crack! interrupted Rex. The clone quickly brought his weapon out, and let off a few shots in the general direction of the sound. Instantly, return fire came out of the forest. Rex recognized the bolts had come from a clone rifle.

"Fierfek, I just shot at our own guys. Though it could be droids that stole some clone rifles." He thought. "I'll go check it out." Rex told Denal and began walking into the forest at a slow steady pace, weapons raised.

IC: Basilisk

Basilisk visibly winced at the loud noise. Then Basilisk heard a weapon firing and ducked just in time to dodge a couple blaster bolts. He returned fire but was quickly stopped by another clone. "That was a clone, not droids."

Bas still held his weapon at the ready as a figure rustled through the forest towards them. Bas lowered his weapon, it was a clone. A Captain of the 501st, to be exact. A couple blaster marks, as well as a lot of dirt covered his armour. A drop of blood, long dry, had made it's way down his chestplate from his shoulder.

The soldier's head turned to him, the helmet emotionless as always. "Where's your CO?"

"Right there, sir." Bas replied, pointing to Zev.

The 501st soldier turned away from Basilisk and started towards the sergeant, but not before accessing his COM and telling someone that it was okay and to approach the area.

TAG: Artemis

IC: Denal

Upon receiving Rex's message, Denal started towards the direction Rex had gone. He gestured for the Twi-lek to follow.

"Everything is fine. Rex made contact with more of our guys. So let's get going ma'am."

TAG: Sith

12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Blue Twi?lek, Outside the Republic labs.

The armoured trooper gestured for her to follow him. ?Everything is fine. Rex made contact with more of our guys. So let's get going Ma'am.?

Contact? Is that what that was called?

Keeping her mis-givings to herself, TBT gestured for the soldier to precede her.

?After you, Ssss?.? She was going to say ?sergeant? but did not know his rank, or come to that, his name. ?Do you have a name, number or designation of any type. I am afraid that I do not feel comfortable with ?Oi, Fingy?.?

Then she realised with a start that he had called the other one ?Rex?. That was one down, then.

She stepped after the young clone.

Tag: Denal

13. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    GM Note: Players, you've probably noticed that I haven't posted in a while in theis game due to school. Tonight, I'll try to get a post up and TAG some people.

14. Captain_Rex

Apr 17, 2008
    IC: Denal

?Do you have a name, number or designation of any type. I am afraid that I do not feel comfortable with ?Oi, Fingy?.? TBT asked.

"Most of the clones in our legion, call me Denal. Sorry about not introducing myself when we met, it had slipped my mind." Denal started pushing through the bushes, branches, and such as they continued walking towards Rex's general direction.

15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: The Blue Twilek

The pretty young woman, as she appeared now, followed the young man through the lightly overgrown trail, keeping a close eye in case a branch whipped back to her after he passed it.

"Most of the clones in our legion, call me Denal. Sorry about not introducing myself when we met, it had slipped my mind." Her rescuer announced.

"Denal," she repeated, trying the word out. "That is a nice name." She looked over his shoulder at the dense route they were taking. "So how far to the village, do we reckon?"

Tag: Denal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.