main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CCG at Betashyyykshire 2005 Gaming Con

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Aug 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Hey Guys! Here's an important update for the Fall-annual Betashyyykshire 2005 Gaming Convention!

The various events have now been placed into their days and times. The schedule is subject to change, but I don't expect that to happen. You can view the complete information of the Star Wars CCG events (including fees, dates, times, and some prize info) at the Bshyre website. Here is a quick rundown of the events that will be at the gaming con and their formats:

2. The Battle of Endor (Sealed)

3. The Star Wars CCG "Main Event" (Unlimited)

4. Hit and Run (scenario - Limited, modified Classic)

5. The Phantom Menace (Limited, Episode I-only)

6. There will also be plenty of other events for the Star Wars miniatures, Star Trek, WARS, and the LOTR TCG and RPG! We're also going to have a couple video game competitions as well as open gaming (e.g. other CCGs, board games, video games) running throughout the three days. So all in all, there will be plenty to do at Bshyre :D

7. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    We are about a month away from Bshyre.05 and I hope everyone is as excited as I am for its arrival!

This update is making everyone aware that the schedule over the three days had to change. Originally I was planning events on Saturday to run till 9pm. I made these plans because I thought that the college had approved the convention "open/close" hours. Unfortunately I found out that this was not the case and so I had to shuffle the schedule around. Since this is the first time the college is hosting a gaming convention of this kind, they have requested that all events be done by 4:00pm. This is an unfortunate piece of information, but it IS manageable. I am also willing to work within this new timeframe because overall the college is very excited about this event and (should everything go smoothly) it is likely that they will be happy to host future Bshyre conventions--with extended times. So I ask everone's understanding in this and to please help to make a good showing of the Decipher community. The college is an awesome venue with great oppurtunities to grow the player base (both locally and in general)!

The FINAL SCHEDULE is listed below in its entirety. It is possible that a start time might change here or there, but the events themselves are locked into these days. I apologize for any inconveniences.

Please note that every card game--Star Wars, LOTR, Trek and WARS--will have at least one event scheduled for each of the three days. In addition, there will also be 007 GoldenEye and WWF No Mercy Nintendo64 video game competitions going on throughout the weekend as well as RPG and Star Wars and LOTR collectible miniatures events.

The prizes that are available are among the coolest Bshyre has ever offered from highly collectible promotional FOILS (e.g. Isildur, Heir of Elendil 2005 LOTR World Championship exclusive!) to sealed product to an oppurtunity to design a Star Wars CCG virtual card! New prizes are being added each week and a complete list will soon be available at the Bshyre website.

Finally, for those that expected to do gaming for the majority of Saturday, I am working on a close venue where players may go to game till later in the night. If this doesn't work out, then for those spending the night to play in Sunday's events, there is plenty of shopping of all kinds that can be done both in nearby Bristol (about five minutes from the college, and there is an EB Games, GameStop and Omni Comics and Cards gaming store) and the West Farms Shopping Mall about fifteen minutes away, which includes a large plaza across the street in Farmington (that contains and Olive Garden restaurant, Best Buy, and Toys'R'Us among other shops).

So there is certainly no shortage of things to do or places to go in the heart of Connecticut.

Here is the Final Schedule. More info, including prizes and fees, can be gotten at http://dgamer.net/bshyre/

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28 (12pm - 9pm)
    12pm - Bshyre 2005 Officially Begins!
    1pm - The Lord of the Rings RPG (and an intro to the Tales of Middle-earth "living" campaign)
    4pm - Battle of Endor Star Wars CCG Sealed; War of the Ring Anthology Booster Draft; Trek CCG Sealed; WARS Sealed

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29 (9am - 4pm)
    10am - Lord of the Rings TCG "Main Event"
    10am - Star Wars CCG "Hit and Run" Elimination Scenario
    12pm - Star Trek CCG Sealed Deck
    12pm - WARS TCG "Main Event"
    12pm - Star Wars CCG Episode I-only Scenario
    1pm - Lord of the Rings CMG Event
    2pm - WWF No Mercy Finals Competition

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30 (9am - 4pm)
    10am - Star Wars CCG "Main Event"
    10am - Lord of the Rings TCG "Gauntlet" Elimination Scenario
    12pm - Star Trek CCG Adversaries Anthology Sealed Deck
    12pm - WARS "Alliances" Scenario
    12pm - Lord of the Rings TCG modified Expanded Scenario
    1pm - Star Wars CMG Event
    2pm - 007 GoldenEye Finals Competition

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here.

Again, I apologize of this change of schedule inconveniences anyone. It was unavoidable, but hopefully this u

8. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Very Important Update about Sunday!!

Hello! Bshyre is less than two weeks away and I can't wait to get Bshyre started for everyone!

But with these kinds of events always comes the possibilities of tests and bumps in the road. And when it's a new venue entirely there is always a bit of trial and error. It is then our patience and versatility is tested. The first minor snag was the college rolling back our times. But we worked that out. Last Friday they through another bigger fireball into our plans. Unbeknownst to me (or the college professor that I am working with), Sunday's events were free from the very expensive costs of security and maintainence because of a class that is typically scheduled for each Sunday at the college. It is our fate that the class scheduled for Sunday the 30th ("Bshyre Sunday") was cancelled. So all of a sudden, th professor and I were presented with two choices: come up with about $500 to pay the security and maintainence or cancel.

This was no real choice and is a horrible thing to have sprung on us with Bshyre less than two weeks away. I was initially upset at the college because the professor and I both have our budgets set. But this is a very new thing for the college--we are the first outside convention of this kind!--to and it is still a great venue for this annual event. I couldn't tack on fees or charge the special guests (especially at this late date) and I didn't want to cancel (because we gamers have such long memories ;-)

So, the solution that presented itself and the one that has worked out for us is that my local gaming store has agreed to host ALL of Sunday's events at their store in West Hartford. Partly I am happy about this because the store's faith in the Decipher product is waning and a strong turnout and representation of the Decipher community at their store on that Sunday would be incredibly helpful. We also have a couple extra hours to work with.

Again: ALL of the Bshyre events scheduled for Sunday, October 30th are now taking place at The Dragon's Lair in West Hartford CT.

The Lair is less than 15 minutes from the college and VERY EASY to find and get to. If you play LOTR or Star Wars, then a lot of you already know where the Lair is. For those that aren't sure, below are the very simple directions.

This will cause some very minor changes to the schedule, mainly just the WARS and Trek sealed events. The Star Wars and LOTR event start times for the entire weekend remain unchanged. I may also be adding some basic "$5" fees to a couple tournaments that were otherwise FREE. This is due to the event being held at the store. These will all be reflected on my website, in the above schedule, and Decipher's Tournament page asap.

So not only is gaming an adventure (as per Bshyre's slogan), but planning can sometimes be more an adventure than one wants :tongue: But the Decipher community is a versatile and understanding lot and there isn't much that can be thrown at us that we cant deal with or work around! I hope that this doesn't hurt anyone's plans of attendance as there are so many of you that I am looking forward to meet or see again!

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to e-mail me or make a post on my website's message boards. Thanks!

=====================================================
    DIRECTIONS:
    Starting from the college parking lot:
    1. Take a LEFT from the Tunxis college parking lot and follow the road straight for a few minutes to the I84 East on-ramp (which is on your LEFT).

2. Follow I84E. The highway will split into four or five lanes and give you two choices: Waterbury or Hartford. Be sure to stay RIGHT and follow I84E TO HARTFORD. Follow the highway for the next 10 minutes or so and TAKE EXIT 41 (on your right).

3. At the end of the off-ramp, take a RIGHT at the light. Go through the first light you see. At the second light (there is a Blockbuster ahead of you and to your right), take a LEFT. Follow this street for a minute or so and on your left you will see a sm

9. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Hello again!

I am very excited to make this particular announcement:

For the first time since Bshyre: Year One, trophies are back! But they are back in a different, unique and (at I least I think so) cool way!

Here is an excerpt from the just-posted press release...

What are these "miniatures" I'm talking about? Well, let's just say that Anakin's Lightsaber and Aragorn's Anduril are now official prizes of this year's Bshyre! And although they are not the full-scale prop replicas, as you can tell by the above excerpt they will be playing a large role as part of Bsyre.

You can read all the details (and see some pictures) about this in the press release at Bshyre's official web site!

We're less than a week-and-a-half away!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.