main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Star Wars Celebration 2019 Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I think a lot of people are checking daily.

2. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    Yes, it is part of my "more activities" for the summer. :p

3. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up :)

I'm exactly the same as you - booked in the South Loop but just need a double room (4 people) for the Friday and Saturday, then I can switch to the Marriott.

If I don't get the last 2 nights I might consider doing the first part of my trip at the South Loop then switch to the Marriott on the Sunday. I could save more money by switching twice and just doing 2 nights at the South Loop but that's too many switches for me (plus it would mean switching on Friday and with the expected over night line on Thursday night and IX panel likely on Friday morning that's one logistical nightmare I don't need).

4. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    If anyone is still looking for a hotel within 2-3 miles of McCormick, I just called the Best Western River North and they still have rooms available for the duration of the Cele. they said they had limited 2 beds though, but they are still taking reservations.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    That might have been me. That's where I booked. And I'm good with it. After I booked it, I hardly even bothered with the official hotel system. Honestly, if I were to weigh the price of the South Loop versus being at one of the connected hotels, I would probably still choose the South Loop.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Is anybody looking for room sharing partners yet? I have done this with three of the last five Celebrations I have been to and it saved me a bundle and helped others who couldn't get a room. I might be a bit early, but if anyone is interested, I have a room at the Hyatt for all 5 days.

Also, if anyone has something closer and looking for someone to share their room with, I'd be happy to hear out any offers!

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    How can you get any closer than the Hyatt without staying inside the actual convention center?

teamhansolo likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a modly note - if you get to the point of sharing email addresses, phone numbers, etc please take it to a Conversation. Let's keep private information private.

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    This is the Hyatt about 2 1/2 miles away from McCormick Place up on Wacker Drive.

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Gotcha. Good luck finding a roommate. I was hoping to share my room with a ghost, but sadly, my hotel isn't one of the haunted ones.

11. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    I wonder if my hotel is haunted? if so, I'll deal with that ghost, invite it or them to the Cele.!

12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    @star_wars_is_good: Have you thought about buying your parents single day badges so they can check out Celebration for a day?

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Nah. They have zero interest in Star Wars.

14. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Eh, might be fun for them.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They went when it was in Indy because my brother was still little and I was in high school. It wasn't their thing, haha.

16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I saw someone being this up on Reddit and thought I would share it here. It seems most hotels in downtown Chicago have a minimum check in age of 21, so if you're going to be younger than that, double check your hotel's policy. I would hate for someone to make the trip and then not be able to check in.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I guess if you look young, bring proof of age (driving license, passport) just in case.

18. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I wish I was still young enough for that to be an issue.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Me as well!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  20. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Lol I’m over here thinking “thank god im over 30 so I don’t have to deal with that crap anymore”

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I've literally never thought that, even though I am over 30.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
    ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  22. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Has anyone checked out the old Hilton in Chicago? the place is beautiful and worthy of Queen Armidala, and it's cheaper that a lot of newer hotels! full of history.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Now I'm picturing an armadillo as a Naboo queen.

And of course, a Google image search produces this
    [​IMG]

Padme501st and groove790 like this.
  24. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Booked the Chicago Hilton during the announcement of CIX. Stayed there once during a Harry Potter
    Symposium. It was my first choice and got in on a great rate before the hotel knew about Celebration.
    Tried to add another day and the rate rose! Also, there is another convention in the area during ours.
    I'm staying there six days anyway so not adding an extra day is no big deal. Just glad I was able to get
    a room, period.

25. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I grabbed Hyatt Regency right next McCormick right after they announced where it was being held but 99% chance I won't stay there because it is $150 more at least per night ($293 plus ~$50 tax) than my other reservation above the river on Grand St

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018