main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 Star Wars Celebration 2019 Hotels

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , May 16, 2018.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    To be fair, for St Clair at night you could literally catch the green line from Cermak-McCormick, change to red line at Roosevelt and get off at Grand/State which is about 8 minutes walk from the hotel, and you're walking in Magnificent Mile rather than South Loop. Probably takes a little longer than getting the red direct from Cermak-Chinatown but less walking at night and the green stop is much closer to McCormick.

2. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I'm going to have to take a good look at all that myself. Thanks for that rundown, it'll be a good starting point.

Do you know if it runs 24 hours? Because even still, I'm going to have to look into what it's like to ride public transportation that late at night as well. It is a weekend, so perhaps it should be alright.

3. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    It does. @ChrisLyne gave away my whole plan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    MotivateR5D4 and ChrisLyne like this.
  4. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    No worries :)

The Red Line is 24 hours, the Green I think is something like 5am - 1am.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You're right, the green line does close for a few hours.

6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah. Most likely it won't affect the evenings and the movie screenings will probably be done before 1am, but it could affect people trying to get in early in the morning (assuming 6am for panel reservations/wristbands).

darthvader88 likes this.
  7. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    How late do the movie screenings last?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

8. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    @Obi Anne is probably going to move this conversation to the Transportation thread.

Right around midnight, maybe a few minutes later than that.

9. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I was wondering, so I emailed Hyatt Regency on E Wacker where I am staying as to when that they will receive onpeak reservations, and they said no more than 2 weeks out..[​IMG][​IMG]

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I wonder if it may vary by hotel. Here's the language in my confirmation email:

Approximately 30 days prior to start of event, the HOTEL, NOT ONPEAK will charge your credit card a deposit equal to one night's room charge plus tax

ChrisLyne and darthvader88 like this.
  11. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I would contact the Hotel you are staying at if you booked through Onpeak to make sure...

12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    They'll charge me when they charge me. I'm not concerned about it.

darthvader88 likes this.
  13. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    When I re-booked to Hyatt Regency, they charged me immediately. But that's probably cause it was a deal. I don't have a cancel option, so I just hope no unseen force prevents me from attending last min.

darthvader88 likes this.
  14. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Through Onpeak?

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Nope, it was several weeks ago, directly through the Hyatt website.

16. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I think that makes a difference then. Booking through the hotel directly you might have to put down a deposit...

17. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    When announcements were made about CIX, I immediately booked at the Palmer House Hilton
    when I realized getting a room through OnPeak was futile.
    I've stayed there before and it's most convenient off Michigan Avenue, the train depot and access
    to Busway.
    And thus far, no deposit has been requested. Apparently, upon check-in, each night will be charged
    to my credit card. There's nothing worst than having.little surprises while checking in. I know I've
    beaten this horse to death but I check my accounts often and double check accommodations. This year
    alone I'm attending: CIX, MCCC, DragonCon, GRCC, numerous 501st/RL events and one clown convention.
    As an example, if you're lucky enough to bag a hotel in Atlanta for DragonCon, two days are charged
    immediately upon booking and a couple of months later the total balance is taken months before the event.

darthvader88 likes this.
  18. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Whew! that is a lot of traveling and potential mass fun and exhaustion! I will be at Palmer house too and that sounds like an educational experience (architecture and history lessons!) I think I would pick Cele. and the Star Trek (Las Vegas) cons. for a years worth. SDCC is very fun and exhausting! maybe in the future-again(was at 2009) Has anyone wondered why Orlando or Anaheim wasn't picked again for this Cele.? my theory, keep fans away from the parks due to Galaxy's Edge finishing touches.

19. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Hello everyone,
    Is anyone going to Chicago a few days ahead of the con? I'm asking because I'll be arriving on the 9th (afternoon) and I'm looking for a place to sleep that night. The AirBnB room I had up until recently got canceled and I can't seem to find anything affordable in the downtown area at this point. If anyone wants to save on room costs for a night, please PM. I don't mind a foldaway bed or couch.

It's only for the 9th, I am sharing a room for the remaining days with fellow JCCers.

20. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    What beautiful pictures and goodies! everything fun about that Cele. I didn't realize there had been such a variety of characters there, I guess I was too busy standing in LINES to appreciate them! I hope at this CEle. I'll have more time to appreciate and take pictures too.

EnviousSerious-Rue likes this.
  21. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Since i really don't do panels, I'm taking pics with my Nikon most of the time.

22. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    I finally have a complete Marriot Marquis Celebration booking as more rooms were now added to the Celebration On Peak listings.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Wish I hadn't read this after booking my last two nights direct. Ah well, at least I've had peace of mind the last month or so. Really glad you got your room sorted!

zcure1 likes this.
  24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Has anyone who booked through onPeak had anything happen with their reservation yet?

25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Nothing yet.

star_wars_is_good likes this.