main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    How about this, someone doing a GOT character in armor, Jedi robe or some other outfit? I will be watching that premier!

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Am I the only one who doesn't watch GoT? I couldn't get into the first few episodes. Figured I'd try and binge it once the series is done as some of the trailers for later seasons look epic.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't watch it - that type of fantasy just doesn't grab me. I haven't read any of the books either.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    I've never seen it. So we are the only two. We are like the Sith Lords of non-GoT watchers.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    PCCViking and ChrisLyne like this.
  5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I got into it during the first season, and then it kind of got out from under me and I never caught up. Now it seems like a daunting task to do so. There's a few other good shows that's happened with. One of these days I'll get caught up.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  6. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I hope you're caught up on Star Wars by April. :p

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  7. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I'm aiming to finish my Clone Wars re-watch (half way through season 5 now so should be easy, just dreading the droids arc), re-watch Solo, and catch up on Resistance as I fell a bit behind before Christmas (bad fan!). I'll be ready for Celebration easy.

Books and comics is another matter....

Padme501st likes this.
  8. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, I'm still behind on Rebels. And I'd like to do a Clone Wars re-watch as well.

9. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Damn, they got rid of my colors! I knew that was going to happen once I started posting around again. Eh well, at least I got away with it for as long as I did. It was cool while it lasted to look all important around here. :cool:

10. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think they let you keep them in hope that you would stay away. :p

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  11. zcure1

zcure1 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 10, 2013
    Why whatever could you be talking about ? :p

12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Never.

You better stay here where it's safe. I went back to the RO threads, and now I'm back to being a common poster. :(

zcure1 likes this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks like whoever removed your colors didn't do it properly. I've fixed that. [face_devil]

14. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Yes, don't forget that the tech admin posts here as well. ^:)^

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    @zcure1, welcome back to us common folks.

zcure1 likes this.
  16. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    I just had to go and ruin a good thing, didn't I? [face_shame_on_you]

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We'd have gotten you sooner or later. Before I became a mod I won a quote contest in Lit. I had the colors almost a year before someone remembered to remove them. (It was a former mod).

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    You know, you mods have the ability to turn to the dark side and just give everyone in the Celebration forum colors...

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    With great power comes great responsibility, to quote a certain superhero's uncle.

20. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    Well it was nice while it lasted. Anyways, if the opportunity arises again, we will crush our enemies and the Celebration forum will reclaim our colors !

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002

This I assume would have some The Mandalorian stuff and it's right before Celebration.

22. zcure1

Sep 10, 2013
    @star_wars_is_good There have been leaked set photos and such, but I think a Mandalorian trailer would make whatever panel that would be at a must. I think it is too early for a full episode. If you think about it, and we all have... lol, there is a lot of exciting stuff to look forward to.

23. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think the first episode is possible. They showed the full premiere of the final season of Rebels in Orlando and that didn't air until the fall.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah I agree. The series will launch later this year. Rebels seasons 2-3 all had premieres at Celebration so it’s definitely possible for the pilot to be ready in time. Plus it would be a huge selling point for Disney+ if it gets a big reaction at Celebration.

25. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    That's a big gamble. They'd have to be really on point and be absolutely sure that it's excellent in order for it to premiere at Celebration. Because if it isn't and it bombs, and it doesn't get the hype they want from a Celebration screening, that could cause it to crash and burn right then and there for the general audience. And it could come down to a last minute decision. If it's not ready, or if there is even the slightest bit of doubt about it, they'll probably say no-go on a premiere. Obviously the panel will happen, but a screening can be decided at any time.

Compare that to Rebels, a 30 minute animated show that airs on the Disney channel. There was a lot of leeway there and it was a much safer bet. Any kind of criticism could be deflected by way of it being a 30 minute animated show that airs on the Disney channel. Swift changes could have also been made in order to keep it afloat if it had gotten bad reviews. It would never have been do or die the way a serious hour long screening of a show like The Mandalorian would be.