main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Celebration Anaheim Now May 26-29, 2022.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Apr 15, 2019.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That sucks. Stopovers and connections can be a pain.

2. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    What kind of options does that leave you with? Where will you have to connect?

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I get a lot of options, Stockholm has good connections out to Europe. Most likely I will have to fly through Heathrow, Copenhagen (where the direct flight from Stockholm has been moved) or Amsterdam. I will have to check out flight times and prices before I decide.

4. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Hey, does anyone know how I can get an autograph from one of my favorite actors? I'm planning to go to my very first Celebration next year and I'm still learning how to do this.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  5. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Well, they usually do not announce guests until next year, maybe around February. With it being in August, it may be until March or April. Most of the guests will be in the $50-$90 range, while the bigger known starts will be $120 and up. My advice is to put money away now, and when the tickets for photo ops and autographs become availible for the specific actor you want, purchase the ticket for the day you want. The schedules will come out a few weeks before the event...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Yep, definitely start saving now for Celebration. Autos or photos are not cheap and you’ll probably end up spending more money than you expect. Plus you don’t know what exclusives are gonna be available if you’re into that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    It will probably be next summer before they start announcing guests. They typically announce five guests or so a week (usually on the Star Wars Show) leading up to the event starting a couple months out. They'll sell autograph tickets in advance (usually within a couple days of guests being announced) and big names can and will sell out in advance so definitely buy when you can for guests you really want. Don't overdo it and try to get too many guests in one day. It's a little tricky to plan because specific times don't come out until like a week or two before the event.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  8. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    So would you say around March-April is when they will start?

SkywalkerShine likes this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I think it will be later than that. They've started a couple months out in the past, so I'm guessing June.

SkywalkerShine and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Also, guests are not guarenteed. As much as we want specific actors, sometimes things happen and they cannot make it

11. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Pretty much going to echo what everyone else has said.

This year we got the first guest announcements in January (so roughly 3 months before the event), with more names announced pretty much weekly leading up to the event. Autographs and photo ops for the first guests went on sale before they finished announcing the guest list (sales opened in February), and they held off some of the big names until just before the event.

The cost can add up fast (especially if you're after some of the big names) so start saving as soon as you can.

The autograph area ran pretty smoothly overall in Chicago (Orlando was reportedly a nightmare) but due to the number of people it can still take a lot of time out of your day so don't try and schedule too many for each day. Plus in Chicago the guests attending changed each day.

This may be the first Celebration that the Sequel Trilogy and Mandalorian cast can sign at as well, so we could see some big new names next year.

The final thing is don't get too upset if your favourite actor/actress doesn't attend. I know there were a lot of people (at least ahead of time) disappointed that Mark Hamill wasn't there this year. It sucks, but there's nothing you can do about it, and there's so much there to do, so don't let it ruin your Celebration.

SkywalkerShine and darthvader88 like this.
  12. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    Also, this is gonna come up as always..

As much as we would like to have more than a few seconds to converse with our favorite actors, you have thousands of people to get through. For photo ops, it helps to know the specific pose you want them to do if applicable ahead of time...

13. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Don't tell me how to act when Daisy doesn't show...

BrentC007, JonSB and ChrisLyne like this.
  14. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Chicago was an amazing improvement over the Orlando disaster and Epic did a great job of handling the autograph sales and the ability to change your time/group on their mobile site on your phone.
    It seems like TOPPS also hired a third party organization(I don't remember their exact name except I think it had Starlight in it) to help run the area and all of those people that I encountered were incredibly friendly and helpful.

As I've posted before, it seems like book signings with authors get more popular with each Celebration, yet they continue to do them on the show floor at either the publishing booth or a retailer booth, I wonder if giving them their own area would make it easier and less congested on the floor during those times.

ChrisLyne and darthvader88 like this.
  15. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Have to agree with this. I didn't actually try for any if the author signings but I heard the queues were massive for them, so giving them a special area seems like a good idea.

BrentC007 and darthvader88 like this.
  16. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    In all seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me if those became a lottery with winners given a specific signing window.

ChrisLyne and BrentC007 like this.
  17. darthvader88

Apr 29, 2005
    I am assuming they had seperate author signings at Orlando?

18. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    An example of what I saw at Orlando is that Timothy Zahn was signing and had al large queue and they had John Jackson Miller signing right after him, so they set up another queue set up for him and a lot of people were confused about which line to get in.
    This wasn't at the Del Rey booth, this was a bookstore's booth because you had to purchase something from the booth to be allowed to have your book signed.

At Anaheim, I was able to get James Luceno to sign my copy of Tarkin and then immediately get in the quick line for John Jackson Miller to sign my copy of Kenobi. I had heard about the signing ahead of time and brought my books with me that day, but I don't think many people knew about it then because a lot of people were coming by to ask us what the line was for.

It just simply seems like a lot more fans know about the author signings now and are showing up for them. I didn't participate, but I saw where Del Rey pulled off that massive signing where you could get a ton of authors to sign your copy of the "A Certain Point of View" anthology collection.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  19. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes, that's right, start saving up for Cele. now, listen to the forum members and advice, they know! make sure about your hotel and or flight-travel arrangements, Will you try to go visit Galaxies Edge? make definite room for that. pricey(and for goodies in the park) and make sure you have very broken in shoes for the lines.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  20. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Thank you guys for all the input. I'm looking forward to my very first Celebration and hope to meet some people from here. One more question: will there be a website on where we can buy autographs? Or is it on the Star Wars Celebration website? Sorry for asking a lot of questions. I'm very new to this.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    There will be a site. Epic Photo Ops handled presales for autos and photos last time. It will be easy to find.

22. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
  23. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    As Celebration gets closer we can provide a lot more for you, but a couple of quick things is you’ll want a portable phone charger. I did NOT have one for Chicago and man I will have one for Anaheim. Also get a poster tube (preferably clear) that will either attach to your backpack, or be able to put over your shoulder. There are usually freebies that get handed out and your tube will protect them.

ChrisLyne and SkywalkerShine like this.
  24. SkywalkerShine

Aug 16, 2007
    Thank you, @Darth Maul Apprentice. I've been meaning to get a portable phone charger too. You guys are very helpful. I deeply appreciate it.

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  25. Darth Maul Apprentice

Jan 27, 2014
    No problem. We are here to help.